PDA

View Full Version : Steelers/Chiefs to stay in prime time for Week 12

JCPsteelers
11-14-2011, 12:42 PM
The NFL did not make any changes to the Week 12 schedule, leaving the Sunday night contest a matchup between Pittsburgh and Kansas City.
Week 12's slate includes three games on Thanksgiving. Detroit, as usual, will host the early game with a battle against NFC North rival Green Bay, while Dallas will welcome Miami in the second game of the holiday. San Francisco will visit Baltimore in the Turkey Day nightcap, as Jim Harbaugh takes his NFC West-leading 49ers across the country to match wits with his brother John and the Ravens.
Sunday's matchups feature an AFC East showdown of playoff contenders as the Bills visit the New York Jets, as well as an interconference tussle between Chicago and Oakland. New England also travels to Philadelphia in what was expected to be the highlight of the late afternoon wave of games.
The NFL is utilizing its "flexible scheduling" on Sundays from Weeks 10 through 15 and again in Week 17 to ensure quality matchups in all time slots, also giving teams a chance to play their way onto the prime time stage.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2011/11/14/steelerschiefs-to-stay-in-prime-time-for-week-12/#ixzz1dhsFKMhy

Fire Arians
11-14-2011, 01:15 PM
awesome. the chiefs is my brother's team, was hoping it'd stay on prime time

Danny136200
11-14-2011, 01:24 PM
The NFL did not make any changes to the Week 12 schedule, leaving the Sunday night contest a matchup between Pittsburgh and Kansas City.
Week 12's slate includes three games on Thanksgiving. Detroit, as usual, will host the early game with a battle against NFC North rival Green Bay, while Dallas will welcome Miami in the second game of the holiday. San Francisco will visit Baltimore in the Turkey Day nightcap, as Jim Harbaugh takes his NFC West-leading 49ers across the country to match wits with his brother John and the Ravens.
Sunday's matchups feature an AFC East showdown of playoff contenders as the Bills visit the New York Jets, as well as an interconference tussle between Chicago and Oakland. New England also travels to Philadelphia in what was expected to be the highlight of the late afternoon wave of games.
The NFL is utilizing its "flexible scheduling" on Sundays from Weeks 10 through 15 and again in Week 17 to ensure quality matchups in all time slots, also giving teams a chance to play their way onto the prime time stage.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2011/11/14/steelerschiefs-to-stay-in-prime-time-for-week-12/#ixzz1dhsFKMhy

Kansas City? at night? Oh no. It was bad enough just going in to KC, that's a tough stadium to come out victorious. This could be a trap game.

Fire Arians
11-14-2011, 01:27 PM
Kansas City? at night? Oh no. It was bad enough just going in to KC, that's a tough stadium to come out victorious. This could be a trap game.

i don't think any of these games are trap games to us, they're all must-wins if we want the division. we need to stay 1 game ahead of baltimore so more pressure is on our guys to win.

besides, kc just lost to tebow-mania, they are horrible.

tony hipchest
11-14-2011, 02:21 PM
i don't think any of these games are trap games to us, they're all must-wins if we want the division. we need to stay 1 game ahead of baltimore so more pressure is on our guys to win.

besides, kc just lost to tebow-mania, they are horrible.they were even more horrible the last time we played them (and lost) in what was also a late season "must win" game.

i expect it to be much tougher than it needs to be.

saveus1011
11-14-2011, 02:42 PM
Could go either way. We've struggled on SNF this year, and as mentioned, we didn't fair so well in our last "must win" there.

That said, we ARE coming off a bye with everyone healthy.

steelfury02
11-14-2011, 03:08 PM
needless to say every game we win will be a close one no doubt. The only blowout could come against the Stains but who knows.

Don't see us finishing worse than 11-5. We are very capable of going 12-4 and should hope for the Rats to stumble 1 more time than we do. I'd be shocked if we went 13-3. We need all the AFC/division wins we can get plus head to heads so let's keep things going.

Atlanta Dan
11-14-2011, 03:19 PM
they were even more horrible the last time we played them (and lost) in what was also a late season "must win" game.

i expect it to be much tougher than it needs to be.

I was having flashbacks to the 2009 KC debacle yesterday when Miller bobbled the easy catch that turned into an INT - Steelers were methodically moving down the field in that 2009 game with the lead when Heath botched an easy catch across midfield that was deflected for a game changing INT

NFL Network lucked into a great Turkey Night games with 49ers-Ravens

IMO Stelers will need to go 13-3 to win the division

FanSince72
11-14-2011, 03:40 PM

This team needs to develop a solid attitude so that there is no such thing as a "trap game".
We have the tools and the talent to walk into any stadium and say "You suck - we don't, so we're gonna have to kick your ass".

There's no reason on this earth why we can't do just that.

tony hipchest
11-14-2011, 03:51 PM
steelers may have caught a small break (no pun intended) now that matt cassel is out indefinitely with hand surgery, and we will be facing tyler palko.

i bet the nfl wishes it had held off this announcement keeping this game in prime time.

skinart82
11-14-2011, 05:22 PM
Steelers will need to win out to stay in the top spot in the AFC North, they will probably also need some help from the bengals and the 49ers.

SH-Rock
11-14-2011, 05:49 PM
Steelers will need to win out to stay in the top spot in the AFC North, they will probably also need some help from the bengals and the 49ers.
Yeah help kicking the Raven's ass and help in losing against the Steelers.

Atlanta Dan
11-14-2011, 05:50 PM

Or the Chargers when the Ravens go to San Diego - not hopeful about the 49ers chances going east on a short week to play Thanksgiving night in Charm City

StainlessStill
11-14-2011, 06:18 PM
I honestly think we won't finish any worse than the #5 seed. But, I seriously have an odd feeling we'll be seeing those shirts with the "Pittsburgh Steelers, 2011 AFC NORTH Division Champions" on it. I believe Baltimore will lose 2 more and we can potentially win out.

steelerchad
11-14-2011, 08:09 PM
I was having flashbacks to the 2009 KC debacle yesterday when Miller bobbled the easy catch that turned into an INT - Steelers were methodically moving down the field in that 2009 game with the lead when Heath botched an easy catch across midfield that was deflected for a game changing INT

NFL Network lucked into a great Turkey Night games with 49ers-Ravens

IMO Stelers will need to go 13-3 to win the division

I think these Ravens should have 2 more losses in them. They have what I would consider 4 tough games and what should be 3 easy ones. They will likely drop 1 of each, I'd guess.

I'll take the Steelers at 12-4
Ravens at 11-5
Bengals at 10-6

all 3 could make the playoffs.

Fire Arians
11-14-2011, 08:35 PM
ravens are 4-3 against non-steeler teams. they will have more losses coming

stb_steeler
11-14-2011, 09:32 PM
I honestly think we won't finish any worse than the #5 seed. But, I seriously have an odd feeling we'll be seeing those shirts with the "Pittsburgh Steelers, 2011 AFC NORTH Division Champions" on it. I believe Baltimore will lose 2 more and we can potentially win out.

Cool it will go with all my other division shirts...lol

Third Rail
11-14-2011, 10:54 PM
Okay... the Chiefs have not only lost their starting QB for the season but they lost yesterday to Tim "I Threw Two Passes" Tebow.

We NEED to destroy them. Not just beat them by 3 or 4 points. We need to be a goddamned wrecking ball and leave the Chiefs in pieces.

Bayz101
11-14-2011, 11:24 PM
I think these Ravens should have 2 more losses in them. They have what I would consider 4 tough games and what should be 3 easy ones. They will likely drop 1 of each, I'd guess.

I'll take the Steelers at 12-4
Ravens at 11-5
Bengals at 10-6

all 3 could make the playoffs.

I'm thinking

12-4 Steelers
10-6 Ravens
9-7 Bengals

Bengals probably won't be as good looking forward. If you take a look back at their schedule, they haven't played anyone significant. The best team they went against was the 49'ers, and they lost.

49'ers aren't going to make it far. It's not their time. Next year? Probably.

Bayz101
11-14-2011, 11:25 PM
Okay... the Chiefs have not only lost their starting QB for the season but they lost yesterday to Tim "I Threw Two Passes" Tebow.

We NEED to destroy them. Not just beat them by 3 or 4 points. We need to be a goddamned wrecking ball and leave the Chiefs in pieces.

We need to also prove we can beat crappy teams on the road on primetime. Or that we can win road games.

Fire Arians
11-14-2011, 11:36 PM
We need to also prove we can beat crappy teams on the road on primetime. Or that we can win road games.

so far we've won all the games we were 'supposed' to win. well except that 2nd game vs the ravens, but what i'm getting at is this team doesn't seem to be falling in the trap games this year.

i think a lot of that is the youth movement and competition for playing spots that we currently have in the roster. we have enough young and hungry players on the team who are just excited to play, and i think that kind of thing is contagious when it comes to the team's attitude

ricardisimo
11-15-2011, 01:47 AM
so far we've won all the games we were 'supposed' to win. well except that 2nd game vs the ravens, but what i'm getting at is this team doesn't seem to be falling in the trap games this year.

i think a lot of that is the youth movement and competition for playing spots that we currently have in the roster. we have enough young and hungry players on the team who are just excited to play, and i think that kind of thing is contagious when it comes to the team's attitude
That, and Arians hasn't been as much of a bonehead this year. He still sucks, imo, but we haven't seen debacles like the Cleveland snowstorm game, etc. Ben getting the green light for no-huddle has been a very pleasant development.

sharkweek
11-15-2011, 08:47 AM
Chiefs will be without their starting QB Matt Cassel, (who we own anyway), and we'll be prepping for them over the bye, and all of our major marquee games are behind us (except for a road trip to the Niners, who are unexpectedly good, but I'm not even worried about that game)

only way we lose to the Chiefs is if we're caught looking ahead to Cincy the week after, of which by the results of that weekend we can be a bit more sure about how the division will likely shake out