PDA

View Full Version : Post bye week thoughts!

SoCalFan
11-14-2011, 12:46 PM
Our bye week came at a great time this season! Im so glad we did not get an early season bye! I feel that getting some healthy players back,along with letting some bumps and bruises heal up will get us primed to take control of,and win the division,espacially after watching the rats fall flat on their faces! Gatoraid bath mid season?LMFAO!!!:rofl: Here is the remaining schedule:

@ Kansas City- W
Home vs. Cincy- W
Home vs. Cleveland- W
@ San Fran.- ??? (hopefully I will Be there!)
Home vs. St Louis- W
@ Cleveland- W

The San Fran game worries me!Tough to come West against this tough D! I have a question mark there but feel we can and will win!:tt03:

Fire Arians
11-14-2011, 01:10 PM
2 games that worry me a little bit is the rematch vs cincy and @san fran. our team rarely does well on long trips to the west coast, and the niners are looking tough.

cincy for some odd reason seems to play us better in away games than at home. dalton now knows what he's up against and i think he'll be more prepared. im expecting cincy to come at us strong. we're good enough to beat them but it won't be an easy game. having lamarr woodley back will be a huge boost for us.

we have a shot at running the table. IMO if we can get healthy in time for the postseason, we're good enough to beat anyone, that includes the packers

Steelerfreak58
11-14-2011, 01:28 PM
Got to keep winning and hope the Rat-turds drop another game. Would love to see this team actually complete a full 60 minutes of quality game. They put together spurts of some really excellent play but then follow it up with some really bad smelling shit.

stlrtruck
11-14-2011, 01:55 PM
Got to keep winning and hope the Rat-turds drop another game. Would love to see this team actually complete a full 60 minutes of quality game. They put together spurts of some really excellent play but then follow it up with some really bad smelling shit.

That would be a thing of beauty.

BlockMonsta
11-14-2011, 02:19 PM
Man I wish I was going to be in Norcal for the 49ers game!

Rick5895
11-14-2011, 02:22 PM
2 games that worry me a little bit is the rematch vs cincy and @san fran. our team rarely does well on long trips to the west coast, and the niners are looking tough.

cincy for some odd reason seems to play us better in away games than at home. dalton now knows what he's up against and i think he'll be more prepared. im expecting cincy to come at us strong. we're good enough to beat them but it won't be an easy game. having lamarr woodley back will be a huge boost for us.

we have a shot at running the table. IMO if we can get healthy in time for the postseason, we're good enough to beat anyone, that includes the packers

Division games are always tough, however, the 49ers may have nothing to play for and be resting a few players since we don't play them until week 15.

SoCalFan
11-14-2011, 02:49 PM
Thats somewhat what im hoping for,but if I go that would kinda suck to watch a meaningless game for other team!Oh well,the W would be more important!

SH-Rock
11-14-2011, 03:20 PM
The team needs to start getting hot going into the playoffs. Beating San Fran and Cincy would be a huge morale boost.

Fire Arians
11-14-2011, 03:22 PM
Division games are always tough, however, the 49ers may have nothing to play for and be resting a few players since we don't play them until week 15.

That's true. They are a definite lock to win the west but week 15 could still ve fighting green bay for the #1 seed

tanda10506
11-14-2011, 04:32 PM
60 minutes is the ticket. There has been games where we played well most of the game, but not one game has the whole team played 60 minutes. Some of the games could have been blowouts if the whole team played 60 minutes. I am confident we can beat anybody as long as we are playing to our full potential.

skinart82
11-14-2011, 05:31 PM
49ers is the only game that has me nervous, can't believe I'm saying that, but they can't fall into any traps either. They need to win out. If they do, they'll have the number 1 seed locked up.

StillerzFreak
11-14-2011, 11:37 PM

I think regardless if the 9ers have nothing to play for, the ravens will probably need a loss from us and being that the other d bag harbaugh coaches the 9ers, they will be playing us like their super bowl, just like the ravens have twice this year.

stb_steeler
11-14-2011, 11:52 PM
Any one know how many games we won in San fran whats the Record?

jjpro11
11-15-2011, 01:39 AM
no chance in hell Harbaugh starts resting his players in week 15.. against us to boot. he still has to be a little bitter about the 95 AFCCG.

Fire Arians
11-15-2011, 01:48 AM
no chance in hell Harbaugh starts resting his players in week 15.. against us to boot. he still has to be a little bitter about the 95 AFCCG.

he shouldn't be. not like they would have beaten dallas anyway if they got through us

TRH
11-15-2011, 08:43 AM
man, i can't even imagine what Harbaugh will act like if they beat us. It will be as if they won the SB.

Two things i think are really important over the next couple weeks:

1. We HAVE to start scoring in the red zone. Its getting downright depressing.
2. We have to start getting 1st downs mid-to-late 4th quarter (like final drive last week), eat the clock, and oh yeah, tack on more points. We must, must stop those quick 3 and outs.

SoCalFan
11-15-2011, 01:52 PM
Your forgetting the most important thing we need,having the D get off the field on 3rd downs!!!

BritishSteel
11-15-2011, 05:36 PM

Probably not, though they'll have that division sewn up before December, given how bad the rest of the NFC West is. By week 15, he may already know if he's got a chance of the number 1 seed in the NFC - though I doubt they'll catch the Packers - so he may have won the division and sewn up the number 2 seed. If he still insists on playing his starters then (he probably will) he deserves to get them punched in the mouth.

Even if we do lose in SF, 12-4 could still be enough for #1 seed in the AFC I think - Shaub's injury helps, and whilst the Pats have a powder-puff run in, you'd hope the Eagles might find a game in them somewhere, and we hold the head to head on that one.

steelfury02
11-15-2011, 06:49 PM
With our luck we'll lose one, still win the division cause Ravens will fall flat on their faces 2 more times and then Patriots will run the table and get the #1 seed because of better overall record and we'll end up having to go to Foxboro. If their defense improves at all that could be a tough outing.

They are the only team I fear - I'm hoping some defense is chomping at the bit to spoil a game away from the Cheats

SoCalFan
11-16-2011, 12:25 PM
Im actually hoping to see both the rats and the cheats in the playoffs! But you are correct,home field would be nice!!!

Fire Arians
11-16-2011, 12:28 PM
With our luck we'll lose one, still win the division cause Ravens will fall flat on their faces 2 more times and then Patriots will run the table and get the #1 seed because of better overall record and we'll end up having to go to Foxboro. If their defense improves at all that could be a tough outing.

They are the only team I fear - I'm hoping some defense is chomping at the bit to spoil a game away from the Cheats

Pats will likely run the table, the rest of their schedule is cake. Was hoping they'd lose to the jets last week

RichardCullinanForever
11-16-2011, 02:37 PM
No reason why we shouldn't win out. There was talk about a trap game in KC, and I think that is complete rubbish. We have to win out for the division title so none of the remaining games are trap games. I think we should absolutely kill KC (2 weeks preparation, we'll be healed up, everyone is still pissed over the Raven's loss at home, and we always have something to prove on a nationally televised game), I would be shocked if we didn't put up 35+ on KC, and this is coming from a guy that is well aware that even a good Steeler offense doesn't put up points like GB or NO. And we honestly should shut them out (cmon, an inexperienced back-up replacing an already mediocre QB). I think this is the game where we finally force at least 4 turnovers (inexperienced QB, Harrison + Woodley back not only could force strip sacks but also help our LBs, CBs, and safeties make interceptions). After that, Cinci doesn't scare me at home, we should have killed them on the road and after a big game in KC I think our momentum carries us to a relatively easy victory. It's obvious that the 49'ers are our toughest remaining game (although some could argue that it will be against Cinci), but seriously, the 49'ers haven't proved anything, they haven't faced an offense/defense combo like ours. Yeah, beating the Giants isn't something to be overlooked, but aside from the Packers and Saints, I still think a lot of the 'above average' NFC teams are still weaker football teams than the Steelers (Falcons, Lions, Bears, Giants). Maybe I could be wrong, maybe the 49'ers are the 2nd best team in the NFL. That Monday night game could prove to the nation that they are for real, but I just like where we are; we're playing great football but as other have alluded to, we are playing no where near perfect, but we are always improving, and I think we are up to any challenge, including winning out our schedule.

Big Daddy Beast
11-16-2011, 04:40 PM
Any one know how many games we won in San fran whats the Record?
Someone compiled the 49ers record against all teams and has them vs us at an even 9-9-0 (5-5-0 in SF, including a huge win in '84).
http://www.fourt9rkim.com/pittsburg.html

Thoughts: Hope everybody gets plenty of rest and returns healthy.

C'mon Cincy, you can win...this week.

Loving the remainder of the schedule after the bye, even the one glaring game in SF. Mostly because my sister-in-law's a huge 49ers fan. That'll be a fun Monday night.

Steel_Bus_24
11-16-2011, 05:52 PM
Im starting to get a little more worried about Ben's Thumb then when I first heard about it.....There was a drop off in the 2nd half vs the Bengals

Ben throws the ball a lot more then in 05

But we're going to have to find a way....Id say we'd probably have to win out or lose just 1 to an NFC team to be able to secure a top seed/division title

Hopefully this bye will get us good and refreshed and Ben can use the time to make the adjustments for his throws

steelfury02
11-16-2011, 06:40 PM
There are practice throws, and then there are game speed throws - don't be surprised if he is off a little at first. I have full faith though he'll adjust as needed.

Re @ KC. Cripes - I'm a little late finding out about Cassel lol Yea - we could very well make Palko's life a living hell. He might as well be a rookie QB.

Re v. Cincy - We don't lose at home again at all, rest of reg season. Period. End of Story. Red Rifle played solid at home but he hasn't faced Steelers on their turf. The guy is going to steal a few wins from us in the future, no doubt in my mind if they improve upon this year. But it ain't happening.

Re @ 49ers - agreed, that one will be toughest but I also agree that they haven't faced an elite AFC team yet. We don't turn the ball over and we win. That said, don't underestimate that defense. Phew.

Something tells me one of those damn Browns games will be a lot closer than it should be.
In general, I like where we are heading and feel this team is only going to get better and kick it up a notch come playoffs. Not gonna lie though - I'd rather face someone else in the Super Bowl besides the Packers. I think the Saints, Giants, 49ers will have the best chance at derailing them - in that order come playoffs.

SoCalFan
11-16-2011, 06:56 PM
Like I said earlier,I would rather face the best,and that includes rats,cheats AND beating the pack in the SB!!! Guess im just a vengefull person!:tt03:

steelfury02
11-16-2011, 07:02 PM
yea basically whatever will come will come - if we have the shot at #7 again, I'm sure they will bemuch more hungry than last year - when no one even expected them to be there. Leading up to XLV they all seemed really, really loose - almost too relaxed and the Packers seemed like all business. I always found it weird that they changed hotels the night before the game. Would love to follow some pre-SB rituals, meetings, etc leading up to the big day - just to be able to get a sense of the mood.

Hindsight is always 20/20 and I'll never forget after the XLV loss how many people were saying Ben should have never taken his linemen out to dinner, etc etc - not sure if any of this leading up to has anything to do with the preparation and readiness but obviously we all know we were very capable of winning that game, even with all the turnovers/mistakes

StainlessStill
11-16-2011, 07:47 PM
Someone compiled the 49ers record against all teams and has them vs us at an even 9-9-0 (5-5-0 in SF, including a huge win in '84).
http://www.fourt9rkim.com/pittsburg.html

That site is actually missing a game. I would know because my very first game EVER was against San Francisco in 1996 at Three Rivers Stadium. We got our ass's kicked, 25-15 by Young and Rice's dominant 9'ers. So with that added in, we're 9-10 overall against them.

stlrtruck
11-16-2011, 07:55 PM
At least my wife will get a few things done around the house that have been 'Pending' since opening day.

Big Daddy Beast
11-16-2011, 09:06 PM
That site is actually missing a game. I would know because my very first game EVER was against San Francisco in 1996 at Three Rivers Stadium. We got our ass's kicked, 25-15 by Young and Rice's dominant 9'ers. So with that added in, we're 9-10 overall against them.
I wonder how many others he missed then. I'll look them up myself later, a TV show I never miss is on now.

Big Daddy Beast
11-16-2011, 10:13 PM
That was the only one. Good eye.

Speaking of bye weeks I'd forgotten about those ridiculously timed ones in '00, '01 (week 2 for both) and '02 (week 3).

SoCalFan
11-23-2011, 10:56 AM
Gawd I hope the rats lose tomorrow!!! Well, here we go, KC next!

LVSteelersfan
11-23-2011, 11:45 AM
We will know more about the 49ers after the Thanksgiving game between the Harbaugh brothers. If the 49ers can beat the Ratbirds on the road in prime time on a short week, I will believe they are for real. Until I see that, I am not sure they are as good as their record.