PDA

View Full Version : Schaub has "significant foot injury"

steelfury02
11-14-2011, 05:13 PM
So much for Texans keeping #1 seed - I respect the heck out of where they are at this season and how they got here - who knows how long he will be out as of now - but now having to go with a regular choke artist in Leinhart has got to be killing Texans fans

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8241ea19/article/texans-already-rule-out-qb-schaub-for-week-12-vs-jaguars?module=HP11_breaking_news

JCPsteelers
11-14-2011, 05:15 PM
to be fair, the reason we lost to the Texans wasn't because of Schaub.

steelfury02
11-14-2011, 05:24 PM
no - no he wasn't lol

Buddha Bus
11-14-2011, 05:38 PM
The article I read ended like this:

"Kubiak didn't give a timetable for Schaub's return, and Kubiak wouldn't address the idea he could be done for the season with a broken foot.

Schaub has started every game since the start of the 2009 season. He was acquired by the Texans in a trade with Atlanta in March 2007."

(Read More:) http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7235059/matt-schaub-houston-texans-several-weeks-foot-injury

Which means he could potentially be done. Too bad for Schaub. Just when the Texans were FINALLY poised to make a real playoff appearance/run. It could all be in jeopardy now with this loss.

I feel guilty thinking that this is great news for the Steelers playoff seeding possibilities..... almost.

JCPsteelers
11-14-2011, 06:17 PM
out for season according to espn

DanRooney
11-14-2011, 06:32 PM
We need them to win their division. Remember they have a head-to-head tiebreak over us if we end up fighting for a wildcard.

Buddha Bus
11-14-2011, 06:37 PM
We need them to win their division. Remember they have a head-to-head tiebreak over us if we end up fighting for a wildcard.

If he's out for the season, I don't imagine we'll have to worry about them since Matt Linehart is their backup.

steelfury02
11-14-2011, 07:40 PM
I felt pretty good about our chances in any potential rematches against them due to our improvement since the 17-10 loss combined with their lack of playoff experience

Teams either have the playoff "it" where they know how to take it to another level or they don't - kind of hard to tell since they've fell short the last few years but hey sometimes teams that are like the new Bengals just don't know any better and the lack of experience doesn't affect them

Anywho - if they are relying on Leinhart they are cooked come playoffs. They are still very capable of getting in, no question to me but they are a 1 and done team now

ggoldman
11-14-2011, 10:19 PM
With the way the Ravens are playing, I think we could finish with 2 more wins than them.

Fire Arians
11-14-2011, 10:33 PM
I felt pretty good about our chances in any potential rematches against them due to our improvement since the 17-10 loss combined with their lack of playoff experience

Teams either have the playoff "it" where they know how to take it to another level or they don't - kind of hard to tell since they've fell short the last few years but hey sometimes teams that are like the new Bengals just don't know any better and the lack of experience doesn't affect them

Anywho - if they are relying on Leinhart they are cooked come playoffs. They are still very capable of getting in, no question to me but they are a 1 and done team now

pretty much. sucks for the texans fans, you never wanna see your qb go down like that.

with that said we are lucky that ben is as tough as he is. most qb's would be out of the season by game 4 behind our OL. if we lost ben for the season there goes hopes of a championship for the year

tony hipchest
11-14-2011, 10:34 PM
so shaub has a right lisfranc injury. me thinks big ben would treat a liz franc like a college co-ed and simply "wrap it up". :chuckle: