PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Sports site for live scores & no TMZ like opinion columns

slim150
11-14-2011, 09:29 PM
After the Penn State mess.. I am done with websites like ESPN that I consider TMZ for men.

Does anyone know of a website that I can get live scores , play by play hopefully.. thats unbiased and not full of articles on who got drunk driving or got in a bar fight?

Thanks for your time

steelax04
11-15-2011, 08:25 AM
NFL.com?

SteelCityMom
11-15-2011, 09:45 AM
Yeah, NFL.com is probably your best choice for a combination of all those things. Their articles aren't always the greatest, but they're not the worst...and not all gossipy. And you can use the gamecenter feature to keep up to date on the play by play. There's also a live score ticker at the top of the window.

After typing that though, I realized you may be looking for a more comprehensive sports site...and not just for football. The only other one I can think of that's not half bad is TSNs' site. http://www.tsn.ca/ It's Canadian and all, and does center more on hockey...but they have separate sections for the other sports. I'm pretty sure they have live tickers for the score...but I doubt they have the play by plays (I've never checked though).

And for just hockey news with good articles, live scores and gamecenter for each game...use NHL.com (very similar to NFL.com). Don't follow baseball, basketball or college sports...but I'd have to assume there's similar sites for each.

slim150
11-15-2011, 09:52 PM
Yeah, NFL.com is probably your best choice for a combination of all those things. Their articles aren't always the greatest, but they're not the worst...and not all gossipy. And you can use the gamecenter feature to keep up to date on the play by play. There's also a live score ticker at the top of the window.

After typing that though, I realized you may be looking for a more comprehensive sports site...and not just for football. The only other one I can think of that's not half bad is TSNs' site. http://www.tsn.ca/ It's Canadian and all, and does center more on hockey...but they have separate sections for the other sports. I'm pretty sure they have live tickers for the score...but I doubt they have the play by plays (I've never checked though).

And for just hockey news with good articles, live scores and gamecenter for each game...use NHL.com (very similar to NFL.com). Don't follow baseball, basketball or college sports...but I'd have to assume there's similar sites for each.

Thanks for your help. From that site I was able to find its US equivalent, sportingnews.com So far I think I am liking it.