PDA

View Full Version : i hate

steelerfan12
06-16-2006, 10:29 PM
u kno wat i hate! i hate the people that say there steeler fans from out of state but the only reason they like them is because there good! im not sayin names but if ur one of them come on u can do better than that! wat do u think!?

BBC
06-16-2006, 11:36 PM
Just curious...how old are you?

Indy_Steelers
06-17-2006, 11:44 AM
Just curious...how old are you?

great question. i have some as well, because that is quite a broad statement.
can anybody be under the age of 30 and be a real steelers fan?
so what about people who lived in pittsburgh, left and then had children and their children are steelers fans?
are they any less fans?
how many steelers fans would there be in pittsburgh if they never won a super bowl?

i was not born in pittsburgh nor have i ever lived there, i vist often and i am a diehard fan!
living in the midwest, i live in the indy area but travel to ciny, detroit and chicago a bit. i get crap every week for being a steelers fan. something steelerfan12 probally does not get living in the burgh.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-17-2006, 11:58 AM
so what about people who lived in pittsburgh, left and then had children and their children are steelers fans?
are they any less fans?
how many steelers fans would there be in pittsburgh if they never won a super bowl?

i was not born in pittsburgh nor have i ever lived there, i vist often and i am a diehard fan!
living in the midwest, i live in the indy area but travel to ciny, detroit and chicago a bit. i get crap every week for being a steelers fan. something steelerfan12 probally does not get living in the burgh.

I hear you loud and clear fellow Indiana Steelers bro. Only reason I'm out here is my mom and dad moved out here before I was born. If they wouldn't have moved I would have been born around the Burgh like them. But they installed that Pittsburgh Pride in me. I'm a diehard Steelers and Pirates fans. Yes thats right I love the Buccos as well and can't wait until the day they have a winning team again.

I must say I havn't seen alot of Steelers bandwagon jumpers out here in IN. After the Pats recent run. Pats fans started popping out all around me. But most of my friends are Bears fans. I have some that switch to the Bears or Colts. What ever which is good they root for. Alot of football fans do hate the Steelers. Like my boss who is a Dolphins fan. He tells me all the time. I got sick of the Steelers during the 1970's since they won all the time. Doesn't make sense to me since the Phins also won 2 Super Bowls that decade. but thats what he says. My Stepdad is a Bears fans. He said the same thing. He got sick of the Steelers winning all the time during the 1970's.

There are Steelers fans all over the world. Thats what makes Steeler Nation so great. I dated a girl from Germany. She had no clue about American Football. Her time with me I taught her all about football and the Steelers. Till this day she still follows the Steelers. She sent me a email when we won Super Bowl XL and she said she watched the game and tries to watch the Steelers when she can in Germany.

Lyn
06-17-2006, 12:01 PM
are they any less fans?

I live in MI and have been a Steeler fan for decades and will die a Steeler fan. I have been to one Lions game and that was the Lions/Steelers (the coin toss game).
I have no ties to Pittsburgh but I do attend a few steeler games a year. I am not even close to a bandwagoner. It is not easy being a Steeler fan in rival teritory, being a Steeler fan in Pittsburgh would be a cinch. When everyone you work with is also a Steeler fan, try being a Steeler fan where NFL alliances fall between Lions, Brown, Bengals, Colts, & Bears and you live in their territory and you work with these fans. Your relatives, your friends are fans of one of these team. A Steeler fan not living in Pittsburgh has alot to deal with. You NEVER hear one word when the Steeler team or Steeler team member does something good, but let happen like what happened to Ben last week and that is ALL you hear.

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-17-2006, 12:21 PM
u kno wat i hate! i hate the people that say there steeler fans from out of state but the only reason they like them is because there good! im not sayin names but if ur one of them come on u can do better than that! wat do u think!?

Steeler fan since 1974...Lived in Illinois all my life...My son is now 12 and bleeds gold/black and also lived in Illinois his whole life.

Some of you are too young to remember but in the middle and late 70's..you were a fan of either 1) your homestate team 2) Cowboys 3)Steelers ...(this was back in the day when you had 4 channels to choose from and as a kid YOU were the TV remote for you dad.)

The Steeler nation is made up of LOYAL fans from coast to coast and they have since grown into adults and now have kids... My boy has never been anything BUT a Steeler fan.

You can no more question an out-of-staters loyalty then I can question why you are not an Eagles fan.

When Pitt lost the AFC championship during Ben's Rookie season...I saw my tough pre-teen son get teary eyed....no false bad-jumping attitude there brother!

I notice that your profile mentions Madden football alot....How old did you say you were.

BB2W
06-17-2006, 12:46 PM
They're just jealous because our team has more fans than their team. Plus, the Steelers fans invade opposing teams stadiums on road games... that has to hurt.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-17-2006, 12:55 PM
Steeler fan since 1974...Lived in Illinois all my life...My son is now 12 and bleeds gold/black and also lived in Illinois his whole life.

Some of you are too young to remember but in the middle and late 70's..you were a fan of either 1) your homestate team 2) Cowboys 3)Steelers ...(this was back in the day when you had 4 channels to choose from and as a kid YOU were the TV remote for you dad.)

The Steeler nation is made up of LOYAL fans from coast to coast and they have since grown into adults and now have kids... My boy has never been anything BUT a Steeler fan.

You can no more question an out-of-staters loyalty then I can question why you are not an Eagles fan.

When Pitt lost the AFC championship during Ben's Rookie season...I saw my tough pre-teen son get teary eyed....no false bad-jumping attitude there brother!

I notice that your profile mentions Madden football alot....How old did you say you were.

Your so right bro. My mom and dad moved to Indiana before I was born. You only had the choice of watching 4 channels. There was no NFL Sunday Ticket when you were growing up. Nobody should question our loyalty as out of stafe fans.

About your son getting teary eyed after lossing that AFC title game. One of my earliest Steelers memories is the Steelers lossing to the Denver Broncos in the playoffs. Bubby Brister was the QB so it was the late 1980's. I was so crushed and sad after that. So I can relate to your son. But Super Bowl XL made that go away for all of us fans that didn't experience the Steel Curtain glory days.

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-17-2006, 01:07 PM
Your so right bro. My mom and dad moved to Indiana before I was born. You only had the choice of watching 4 channels. There was no NFL Sunday Ticket when you were growing up. Nobody should question our loyalty as out of stafe fans.

About your son getting teary eyed after lossing that AFC title game. One of my earliest Steelers memories is the Steelers lossing to the Denver Broncos in the playoffs. Bubby Brister was the QB so it was the late 1980's. I was so crushed and sad after that. So I can relate to your son. But Super Bowl XL made that go away for all of us fans that didn't experience the Steel Curtain glory days.

Exactly...my boy got to hear me talk about the 70's all his life....now I know that he will one day be talking to his boy about superbowl XL...

(only difference is he WILL be able to say that he saw this superbowl team play LIVE)

Black@Gold Forever32
06-17-2006, 01:30 PM
Exactly...my boy got to hear me talk about the 70's all his life....now I know that he will one day be talking to his boy about superbowl XL...

(only difference is he WILL be able to say that he saw this superbowl team play LIVE)

Hell yea bro. Hey you were at the Steelers/Colts Monday night game right? I remember meeting and talking to a father and his son before the game that were Steelers fans and from IL. I wonder if that was you. But if the Steelers/Colts do play each other this year in the playoffs and the game is at Indy. We should meet up for the game?

Stillers#1
06-17-2006, 02:20 PM
Born in Pittsburgh and I lived there until I was 20, but I actually like being a Steelers fan in a city where they hate the Steelers, (Spokane, WA). It was a million times sweeter to see the faces up here, and hear all the whining, all I hd to do was show them my 5 time Super Bowl Champ sticker on my truck, and the whining was done.

Blitzburgh55
06-17-2006, 02:23 PM
are they any less fans?

Yea i lived in phila for my whole life but my whole family is from pittsburgh and most of them still do live pitt and im under 30 im only 13 but im a real steelers fan

Black@Gold Forever32
06-17-2006, 02:32 PM
Yea i lived in phila for my whole life but my whole family is from pittsburgh and most of them still do live pitt and im under 30 im only 13 but im a real steelers fan

Wow 13 enjoy your youth bro. I'm 27 so I'm getting closer to 30. It sucks trust me. But keep that Terrible Towel waving. We are fans of the greatest football team in the world.

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-17-2006, 02:37 PM
Hell yea bro. Hey you were at the Steelers/Colts Monday night game right? I remember meeting and talking to a father and his son before the game that were Steelers fans and from IL. I wonder if that was you. But if the Steelers/Colts do play each other this year in the playoffs and the game is at Indy. We should meet up for the game?

Could have been us...We were waiting out front about 50-75 ft from the big blow-up colt football player...some steeler fans kept turning off the blower and everyone would cheer as it deflated. Hey if its at Indy ..I'll be there brother!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
06-17-2006, 02:44 PM
Yes I was around that big blow up Colts player and saw that and that was great. So we might have crossed paths. Small world.

TP43
06-17-2006, 05:07 PM
I think I oughta come clean. I am 20 years old, I live nowhere near Pennsylvania (South Florida), let alone Pittsburgh, and I just became a fan in the 2005 season. So u diehards can call me a bandwagoner and an unloyal, fake fan all u want. But I will continue to support the Pittsburgh Steelers regardless of the situation, because of their tradition of greatness. This isn't just a good team, this is a legendary franchise. There's a foundation here that's stronger than almost, if not all, NFL teams. Plus, I like the way the Steelers handle their business, so for these reasons, I chose to switch to them from the New York Jets (my former team).

steelcity984
06-17-2006, 05:12 PM
hmm, well I'm 16, my parents are from the 'Burgh but we now live in NC. I was born and raised a Steeler fan and I don't see how anyone can be a fan of another team.

BBC
06-17-2006, 05:13 PM
I think I oughta come clean. I am 20 years old, I live nowhere near Pennsylvania (South Florida), let alone Pittsburgh, and I just became a fan in the 2005 season. So u diehards can call me a bandwagoner and an unloyal, fake fan all u want. But I will continue to support the Pittsburgh Steelers regardless of the situation, because of their tradition of greatness. This isn't just a good team, this is a legendary franchise. There's a foundation here that's stronger than almost, if not all, NFL teams. Plus, I like the way the Steelers handle their business, so for these reasons, I chose to switch to them from the New York Jets (my former team).

Not to mention the fact that we can make game-winning field goals. ;)

Black@Gold Forever32
06-17-2006, 05:28 PM
Not to mention the fact that we can make game-winning field goals. ;)

:sofunny: LOL:sofunny:

Well if this guy is now a Steelers fan I guess he is part of the family of Steelers Nation. I don't know how to respond? But what made that Super Bowl XL win so much sweeter for me was suffering all those heart breaks before in Super Bowl XXX and the playoffs and still sticking by the Steelers when they finally did win it all. My whole life I just wanted the Steelers to win the Super Bowl once and that has happen. Black and Gold until I die. Win or lose brother. Here We Go Steelers Here We Go

stlrtruck
06-17-2006, 08:41 PM
are they any less fans?

I'm the same. I grew up in MD, having people tell me I should be either a Foreskin fan or a Baltimore Dolts (NKA Indianapolis Dolts) fan. But somehow my blood began to boil every time I heard those words. Thankfully, I got an early dose of the Black and Gold, smashmouth football and I sit here today a diehard Steelers fan.

Unfortunately, the people I work with think that just because I live in the Tampa area, I should become a Scubs (bucs) fan. I guess they just don't understand football the way it was meant to be played! And as far as I see it, only one team knows how to play it that way.

Big D
06-18-2006, 01:42 PM
i'm originally from south dakota and now i'm living in boston.. I've been a die hard steeler fan from the day I first watch football.

BBC
06-18-2006, 02:14 PM
:sofunny: LOL:sofunny:

Well if this guy is now a Steelers fan I guess he is part of the family of Steelers Nation. I don't know how to respond? But what made that Super Bowl XL win so much sweeter for me was suffering all those heart breaks before in Super Bowl XXX and the playoffs and still sticking by the Steelers when they finally did win it all. My whole life I just wanted the Steelers to win the Super Bowl once and that has happen. Black and Gold until I die. Win or lose brother. Here We Go Steelers Here We Go

Without a doubt man. Watching Neil and Kordell throw away our chanced at another Super Bowl ring just made XL that much more gratifying. Go Steelers!

SteelersMongol
06-18-2006, 02:24 PM
For me, I was one of those kids who didn't care about any sports at all. All my life.

One day back in Mongolia, I was switching channels and happened to see there was football game in 1996 (now come to think of it, I think those were season's highlights). Then I starting to like the Steelers the way they were playing most, and their jersey style and emblem.

Then I had an opportunity to come to America in 1998. I started reading things about the Steelers and listening to the people when they talked about football. The more I heard, the more I read, I loved the Steelers. No other team can come even closer to the Steelers, no matter how their fans try. :smile: LOL

I've never been to Penn state, never had an opportunity. But this fall I'm thinking about visiting Pittsburgh, and pay my respect to the city before I leave the country. :smile: Even for few hours, I wanna see the city and hug the wall of Heinz Filed, kiss the field if I they would let me in somehow. :bouncy: Ha ha ha. BTW. I would be happy to get some tips for my journey to the city (I'll post some thread soon, but you can post it before me if any of you guys wishes). :bouncy:

BlacknGold Bleeder
06-18-2006, 03:05 PM
I have been around long enough to enjoy the Steelers of the 70's and all the way through to today.
It is not an age or location that makes a Steeler fan, it's an ATTITUDE!! like the Sig says "it's not just football it's STEELERS football" Anyone who chooses to become a fan after the lastest Super Bowl is not necessarily a "bandwagon jumper " they are just a fan who has come to their senses and realized who the best team is!
There is no other team in football that has such a loyal fan base as the Steelers, it's the Steeler Nation, not America's team or the 13th thing in Seattle. We are a nation that constantly has new immigrants that are welcomed, but be aware when you come into the Steeler Nation you must forsake all others forever, don't just come for the good times.
I'll step down off the soap box now.... :bouncy:

kmsteelerwr15
06-18-2006, 04:31 PM
My family is from Pittsburgh and both my grandfathers(on my mom and dad's sides) were big Steelers fans and my dad's dad turned him into a Steelers fan and I can say since the day I was born, which was 16 years ago, I was a Steelers fan.

Lyn
06-18-2006, 07:54 PM
WHat I do not understand is how a person can say they have 2 favorite teams. I have run across this a couple times, the "2 different nfl team lovers" are in their 20's. I am not sure that their age has anything to do with that, has anyone else heard of this?

SteelShooter
06-18-2006, 08:58 PM
WHat I do not understand is how a person can say they have 2 favorite teams. I have run across this a couple times, the "2 different nfl team lovers" are in their 20's. I am not sure that their age has anything to do with that, has anyone else heard of this?

I've heard it a few times myself................and I understand it no better than you do Lyn.

To stay with the trend on this thread, my Steel Background:

I grew up in the country, near Houston, during the Oilers' heyday with Earl Campbell, Bum Phillips, etc....
But I have always, since I knew what football was, been a Steelers Fan. It was only myself and a cousin, everyone else in my family were either Oilers or Cowboys fans. :dang:

SteelShooter
06-18-2006, 10:54 PM

Congrats Bro.....I happen to think you made one helluva choice with outstanding reasoning!

Welcome to the Steel Curtain!

ARKIESTEEL
06-19-2006, 09:14 AM

I have never been one to realy stir trouble but this is a post I cant let fly. I dont feel that i have to explain or defend my love for the Steelers, folks who know me know the truth. Not to be mean but your lack of education is palin to see in your spelling and the words you choose to use. Please save the gangster talk for your young freinds it barely is understandable. I see by your profile madden is your job so i take it your on summer break from middle school. I will leave you with this and post nothing else to you ever agian think before you talk look around and see that the Steeler nation is a lot more than just the city of Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh may be the center of this nation and our holy city but there are many of us from the UK to NYC and all parts in the middle that love the Steelers and have for a great long while.

sorry to anyone this may offend

Ohio Steeler
06-19-2006, 10:18 AM

How can you say that just because someone is living in another state does not make them anyless of a fan then you... I was born in Pittsburgh 1 month after they won there 2nd super bowl and lived there until I was 8 however my family being from Columbus and the fact that my parents where spliting up my mom picked us up and moved us to Columbus so she would be around her parents during the ruff times to come...

Now that I said that I want to say next time you post please make sure it will be about something that does not make you look like a jack@ss because this post has done nothin but that for you...

SteelersMongol
06-19-2006, 11:59 AM
I have been around long enough to enjoy the Steelers of the 70's and all the way through to today.
It is not an age or location that makes a Steeler fan, it's an ATTITUDE!! like the Sig says "it's not just football it's STEELERS football" Anyone who chooses to become a fan after the lastest Super Bowl is not necessarily a "bandwagon jumper " they are just a fan who has come to their senses and realized who the best team is!
There is no other team in football that has such a loyal fan base as the Steelers, it's the Steeler Nation, not America's team or the 13th thing in Seattle. We are a nation that constantly has new immigrants that are welcomed, but be aware when you come into the Steeler Nation you must forsake all others forever, don't just come for the good times.
I'll step down off the soap box now.... :bouncy:

Hey wait a minute. Hold the phone. What's going on here? So me being humble person who don't get into a fight when some idiot in the street yells at me "Steelers sucks" after seeing my backpack, hat, sweatshirt, keychain, license plate frame, front license plate, or jersey (they all got the logo), is not good enough for a true Steeles fan? Even after I dressed up my kids in #7 jerseys? That's not cool, man. :thmbdown:

Besides I don't consider myself a late comer. Yes, I grew up in a country where it used to a communist so only thing that I see on TV about American football was some clips saying "Look at this American imperialist cruel violent sport" thing. But I didn't say I joined in your "bandwagon" after the SB-XL. I purchased my first Steelers item in 1999. I may not have been active, but I was there with you guys all along. Shame on you. :nono: You shouldn't say such thing.

SteelerFanInCA
06-19-2006, 03:46 PM
I have never been one to realy stir trouble but this is a post I cant let fly. I dont feel that i have to explain or defend my love for the Steelers, folks who know me know the truth. Not to be mean but your lack of education is palin to see in your spelling and the words you choose to use. Please save the gangster talk for your young freinds it barely is understandable. I see by your profile madden is your job so i take it your on summer break from middle school. I will leave you with this and post nothing else to you ever agian think before you talk look around and see that the Steeler nation is a lot more than just the city of Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh may be the center of this nation and our holy city but there are many of us from the UK to NYC and all parts in the middle that love the Steelers and have for a great long while.

sorry to anyone this may offend
Amen!!!!