PDA

View Full Version : 'Odd' trend says Bengals will sweep Ravens

steelax04
11-17-2011, 09:24 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/35914/odd-trend-says-bengals-will-sweep-ravens

There's an odd trend that says the Bengals will sweep the Ravens this season. Cincinnati has won both meetings with Baltimore three times in the previous six seasons and each time it occurred an odd-numbered year: 2005, 2007 and 2009.

Whether or not this streak will continue this year, you have to assume that Sunday's game, the teams' first of the season, will be a close one based on the Bengals' track record in Baltimore. Since Marvin Lewis became Cincinnati's head coach in 2003, the Bengals have split the eight trips there and have not lost by more than seven points since the 2003 season.

In fact, since 2004, the Ravens have lost more times at home to the Bengals (four times) than the Steelers (twice). Last season, Baltimore did beat Cincinnati 13-7, but it was a struggle. The Ravens' offense produced a season-low 199 yards.

(Well, this would make the bye week even better! - steelax04)

GMU Steeler
11-17-2011, 11:30 AM
Cincy will give them a game and I'd be saying that even if Cincy wasn't 6-3. I give the Ravens a slight edge since they're at home but I do think if Cincy's D manages to contain Rice and Andy Dalton keeps mistakes to a minimum the Bengals have a shot.

ricardisimo
11-17-2011, 02:34 PM
Sadly, I think the Bengals are too dinged up after their game with us, lost at least two of their best players, didn't they?

The other little detail someone pointed out: Baltimore is undefeated against 3-4 defenses, but 1-3 against the 4-3 this year. Guess what Cincy's base D is. :thumbsup:

Honestly, though, it doesn't matter. This Baltimore team cannot sustain success. They will lose several more this year, almost guaranteed. I'm really not that concerned about them any longer. They did such a good job gearing up to beat the local bully (us) that they're having difficulty beating some of the wimps.

stlrtruck
11-17-2011, 04:14 PM
I thought the bungals would win because the ratbirds are taking over the 1492 thread?

Buddha Bus
11-17-2011, 05:04 PM
I thought the bungals would win because the ratbirds are taking over the 1492 thread?

Taking over the 1492 thread? Pfffft! That thread's epic! The Ratbirds couldn't even take over Seattle! :sofunny:

4xSBChamps
11-17-2011, 06:27 PM
"... we gon win our thir Sup Bow of da season agin Cinci dis weeken...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/RayLewiswithagun.jpg

... believe it, b!tch..."

Fire Arians
11-18-2011, 02:07 PM
would be awesome if that happens! for some reason the bengals always did good against the ravens.

they have the defense to give them problems. it's no secret that the ravens offense sputters whenever ray rice doesn't have a big game, and the bengals are #2 at stopping the run.

I like cincy's chances even in baltimore. i'd say it's 50/50