PDA

View Full Version : AFC North- Wildcard

steelerchad
11-17-2011, 11:53 PM
AFC North looking like a lock to get one of the wildcards if not both. Lots of football left but many suppossed contenders are faltering right now. SD, NYJ, KC all dropping like flies. With head to head tiebreakers with the Titans and Pats the Steelers playoff chances just improved tonight with a Jets loss to Denver. Pulling for Cincy Sunday.
Hoping for a Cincy win over Bmore. I like the bye week for just watching other teams in our way, lose.

StainlessStill
11-18-2011, 12:18 AM
I said in a previous thread that I see us finishing NO WORSE than the 5th AFC Seed. We can even lose a couple and still clinch a 5th. I still think the North is ours if played correctly. Baltimore just isn't that great. We can take them down in the post-season and it could still be in Pittsburgh.

steelfury02
11-18-2011, 05:42 AM
At this point I'm glad, barring some monumental collapse, that we will probably make the playoffs, no matter what the seed.

Anything can happen and while I think the Ravens are due for a home loss - I'm not sure Dalton is ready for an elite AFC defense on the road. I am fully prepared for Baltimore to have a complete meltdown, but I'm prepared for the idea that they might only lose 1 more game the rest of the way.

All we had to do was hold serve at home against them and we couldn't so I'm not going to get overly hyped about a potential #1/#2 seed. Let's not even get into the idea that we might have already squandered the #1 because the Pats have a very nice schedule and are capable of running it, and end up having a better overall record.

All speculation - but yes, that Denver win felt good. Something about that Tebow fella - my only gripe is that he is a cliche machine when interviewed and I did not like what I saw behind the scenes when the cameras followed him during his senior bowl experience, pro day, draft day and immediate post draft - the sharp contrast in personalities in different situations was a little odd/rubbed me the wrong way

Anywho - Go Stillers:tt:

Big Daddy Beast
11-18-2011, 08:00 AM
Considering our division has three of the top five spots right now, it's entirely conceivable that we put three in. Barring any meltdowns or "WTF?!" games I can see it playing out like this:

Pit- only two teams with winning records left, and one is at home. West Coast trip against a highly impressive SF team? 12-4

Bal- Cin & SF up next, but both at home.Then Cle twice, Ind and a badly slumping SD squad, wrapping it up in Cin. Only concern with predicting this is that Bal has lost to teams they shouldn't have this season. Still, I'm going with them losing twice. 11-5

Cin- They've got a task ahead of them with Bal twice, Pit and Hou. But they've played Bal well in recent years and get Hou at home. Two more losses for them. 11-5

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AFCS- Hou- Not a terrible remaining schedule for them, but I'll put Cin and probably Atl over them. 11-5

AFCE- NE- As it stands, they only have one game left against an opponent with a winning record, but I see a few games at the end that could be trap games. Still, I'm going with only one loss. 12-4

AFCW- This is the hardest to guess. They're all within a game of each other, not counting tiebreakers and not one of them looks particularly strong.
Oak sits in the lead, but they get to battle the trio of NFCN powers and end with two divisional opponents.
Den just got a much needed win, but now they get to look forward to Chi and NE plus a road trip to Buf.
SD has the most desirable of the schedules left, but that's not saying much.
KC has a death certificate of a schedule: @NE; a rested Pit; @Chi & @Jets; GB; two divisional games.
Winner here could have a losing record, but sadly gets the #4 seed.

Pit- #1
NE- #2
Hou- #3
AFCW (prob SD)- #4
Bal & Cin get the WCs. I think they'll split the series and Bal will get the #5 seed.

Hope this makes sense, I was getting my kids ready for school while figuring this up.

Bayz101
11-18-2011, 03:26 PM
I know that right now it looks tight, but you have to understand how much time is left. I think the Bengals have a lot of potential with their current squad, but I don't think they'll see the playoffs this year. Next year? Sure. This year? 9-7. 9-7 may not seem to bad, but it certainly doesn't seem us, or the Ravens will lose 7 this year.

There has to be another team in the AFC that's better than 9-7 in the end. Take a look at Cincy's schedule earlier, and now.

BengalDestroyer
11-18-2011, 03:47 PM
Considering our division has three of the top five spots right now, it's entirely conceivable that we put three in. Barring any meltdowns or "WTF?!" games I can see it playing out like this:

Pit- only two teams with winning records left, and one is at home. West Coast trip against a highly impressive SF team? 12-4

Bal- Cin & SF up next, but both at home.Then Cle twice, Ind and a badly slumping SD squad, wrapping it up in Cin. Only concern with predicting this is that Bal has lost to teams they shouldn't have this season. Still, I'm going with them losing twice. 11-5

Cin- They've got a task ahead of them with Bal twice, Pit and Hou. But they've played Bal well in recent years and get Hou at home. Two more losses for them. 11-5

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AFCS- Hou- Not a terrible remaining schedule for them, but I'll put Cin and probably Atl over them. 11-5

AFCE- NE- As it stands, they only have one game left against an opponent with a winning record, but I see a few games at the end that could be trap games. Still, I'm going with only one loss. 12-4

AFCW- This is the hardest to guess. They're all within a game of each other, not counting tiebreakers and not one of them looks particularly strong.
Oak sits in the lead, but they get to battle the trio of NFCN powers and end with two divisional opponents.
Den just got a much needed win, but now they get to look forward to Chi and NE plus a road trip to Buf.
SD has the most desirable of the schedules left, but that's not saying much.
KC has a death certificate of a schedule: @NE; a rested Pit; @Chi & @Jets; GB; two divisional games.
Winner here could have a losing record, but sadly gets the #4 seed.

Pit- #1
NE- #2
Hou- #3
AFCW (prob SD)- #4
Bal & Cin get the WCs. I think they'll split the series and Bal will get the #5 seed.

Hope this makes sense, I was getting my kids ready for school while figuring this up.

I see your logic. I to think there will be three AFCN teams but...SD won't win their division, somehow it looks like Denver might but realistically (as I predicted in the beginning of the year) Oakland will probably take it....

Whodis
11-20-2011, 06:19 AM
I think its a little too early for this projection. I know if we get upset vs KC or Cleveland there will be a "fire Tomlin" or "what QB to draft" post the following Monday

Big Daddy Beast
11-20-2011, 06:27 AM
I think its a little too early for this projection.
Yeah, but it's fun to speculate.

I know if we get upset vs KC or Cleveland there will be a "fire Tomlin" or "what QB to draft" post the following Monday
People who make those posts should be ridiculed and/or exiled.

BengalDestroyer
11-20-2011, 07:28 AM
Yeah, but it's fun to speculate.

People who make those posts should be ridiculed and/or exiled.

EXILED!!

rich4eagle
11-20-2011, 06:05 PM
AFC North looking like a lock to get one of the wildcards if not both. Lots of football left but many suppossed contenders are faltering right now. SD, NYJ, KC all dropping like flies. With head to head tiebreakers with the Titans and Pats the Steelers playoff chances just improved tonight with a Jets loss to Denver. Pulling for Cincy Sunday.
Hoping for a Cincy win over Bmore. I like the bye week for just watching other teams in our way, lose.

Dont forget we own the head to head tiebreakers with Cincy so far:tt04: