PDA

View Full Version : So honestly...

Drizztbob
11-18-2011, 03:24 PM
What does everyone think the chances are that the Bengals can beat the Ravens this weekend? I think with Ray likely being out, this significantly increases their chances. Lee Evans will also probably not play, so two potential game breakers are now gone.

A loss to the Bengals and we will be sitting pretty atop the AFC!

My prediction: 21-17 Bengals

:tt:

stlrtruck
11-18-2011, 03:50 PM
I don't know the ratbirds have two decent young TEs and the bungals seem to have had problems with covering TEs.

But I still give a slight edge to the bungals because I think their offense is more sound.

Buddha Bus
11-18-2011, 03:54 PM
It's definitely going to be a close game. As much as I hate to say it, I actually think there's no way the Ravens lose this game. They are at home and coming off an embarrassing loss to a crap team in the Seahawks. They play much better at home and now have a chip on their shoulder. Look for Ray Rice to get a lot of touches. He will be the key to them winning.

Of course..... every time this year I have said "there is no way the Ravens will lose this game", they have lost so...... :wink02:

Here's to superstitious horseshit. :drink:

Big Daddy Beast
11-18-2011, 03:58 PM
I think the Ravens will take it, but we'll still be pulling for the Bengals.

Steel_Bus_24
11-18-2011, 04:12 PM
Ravens by 10

Steelers should of handled their business dammit

Fire Arians
11-18-2011, 04:17 PM
its about 50/50. bengals have a good chance, but the ravens could very well win this.

i think cincy's defense will bottle up ray rice, they are tough vs the run. it will be up to flacco to win this, who has been inconsistent. the bengals are without leon hall which could hurt them though, but with jacco you never know what you'll get, he's pretty much the equivalent of bubby brister. if he has a crap game, bengals will win. if he plays good, the ravens will win

FanSince72
11-18-2011, 04:19 PM
This one's a pick 'em if there ever was one.

Both have reasons to win and lose, both have issues with offense and defense and both have issues with injuries.
That said, if I had a gun to my head I'd have to go with the Ratbirds, if only by a field goal or less.

MasterOfPuppets
11-18-2011, 04:23 PM
It's definitely going to be a close game. As much as I hate to say it, I actually think there's no way the Ravens lose this game. They are at home and coming off an embarrassing loss to a crap team in the Seahawks. They play much better at home and now have a chip on their shoulder. Look for Ray Rice to get a lot of touches. He will be the key to them winning.

Of course..... every time this year I have said "there is no way the Ravens will lose this game", they have lost so...... :wink02:

Here's to superstitious horseshit. :drink:
perhaps you could put a wager on it to make sure they lose ....:noidea:

Drizztbob
11-18-2011, 04:33 PM

I like that idea! :applaudit:

skinart82
11-18-2011, 04:38 PM
The ratbirds always have some chip on there shoulder, they can't just go out and play football. They disgust me, so I will never say they can win a game. But I actually think the bungles can pull this off, they HAVE to play 100% mistake free football though. If Green was playing I would say they win no problem, but they will have really rely on Benson having a good day and making some big plays now.

Buddha Bus
11-18-2011, 05:17 PM

I would, but I doubt the last Raven fan I wagered with on the Ravens/Titans game will take my bet after he had to wear a tight fitting pink Steelers ladies hat for several weeks. :sofunny:

I really doubt too many Ravens fans feel confident enough in their team right now to wager much of anything. :chuckle:

vasteeler
11-18-2011, 05:18 PM
you can flame me later if im wrong but i think the kitties win big

Steelerfreak58
11-18-2011, 11:11 PM
Ravens are going to crush Cincy.

Fire Arians
11-19-2011, 02:45 AM
Ravens are going to crush Cincy.

Just like they were gonna crush Seattle and jacksonville? Any given Sunday especially with those raven boys. They are 4-3 vs teams that are not the Steelers, and they do bad vs Marvin Lewis. Bengals can take this.

Rick5895
11-19-2011, 10:40 AM
Looks like Ray Ray probably wont be playing, that will hurt them. If green can play Bungles will win, if he doesn't play then its a toss up.

sharkweek
11-19-2011, 11:19 AM
Bengals have always played the Ravens tough, Marvin Lewis is 10-6 against them. Another favorable statistic is that this season the Ravens are 5-0 against teams running a 3-4 defense but only 1-3 against teams running a 4-3, and the Bengals run a 4-3. But playing at home and coming off a tough loss to a bad team I think the Ravens will be jacked up and dialed in for this one. If the Ravens lose this game it means something is seriously wrong with their team, that flaw being that they've built themselves specifically to beat the Steelers after so many years of losing to them, only to forget that they have to play the rest of the NFL to win the Superbowl.

That doesn't mean we can't expect the Bengals to at least punch them in the mouth, wouldn't be surprised at all if there's some injuries to go around.

Drizztbob
11-19-2011, 04:14 PM
Here's hoping the game gets long and Andy takes it to them. I would love to see what the fans do around here if they lose to Cincy tomorrow. No more Purple Fridays!!!

SoCalFan
11-19-2011, 04:54 PM
I dont thing Green will play! Rats win! Unfortionately!!!

RichardCullinanForever
11-19-2011, 05:19 PM
I don't see the Rats blowing them out, they might win in a close one, or they might lose in a close one. My gut tells me they are going to lose, just like my gut told me they'd beat the Steelers and then they'd go on to lose to Seattle. I think there's too much pressure on the Rats to win, and Flacco isn't mature enough to handle such pressure. Whoever wins, I see the game decided in 7 points or less. Honestly, both QB's are under pressure to win, because it is a crucial win for both teams, but I always think the rookie is under less pressure, I could be dead wrong here, but I just think the 'veteran' (if you'd call Flacco that) has more pressure to preform well and put the team on his shoulders, whereas the rookie QB isn't expected to win the game for his team, his team is expected to put HIM in a position to win.

Whodis
11-19-2011, 05:20 PM
It's all on Flacco. If he plays as he has for all but the two games vs the Steelers I believe Cincy has a chance. The Bengals could get the run game going with the absence of Lewis.

I'm going to root for lots of injuries :hatsoff:

steelfury02
11-19-2011, 09:58 PM
the pressure is squarely on the Ravens offense to perform and they are feeling it. If they hone in on Flacco's security blankets and can establish long drives its over. If Flacco is connecting and Rice is getting chunks of yards forgetaboutit!

SoCalFan
11-20-2011, 12:11 PM
Ray out, Green out! Rats are 11-1 at home in 2 years,they will win! But hope not...