PDA

View Full Version : Kemo needs to be gone.

bubbletownwr88
11-19-2011, 04:17 PM
I never see him do anything except miss blocks and have unnecessary roughness penalties again him. He may be a good pulling guard but Legursky and Foster are more consistent in my mind.... Thoughts?

Whodis
11-19-2011, 04:21 PM
Foster??? :rofl:

Fire Arians
11-19-2011, 04:49 PM
kahuku represent haha, they get choke kine attitude ovah deah

SunshineMan21
11-19-2011, 04:58 PM
We don't really have a single guard who is, imo, even average. Who exactly is going to replace him?

ricardisimo
11-19-2011, 05:04 PM
Here we go again... And replace him with whom, exactly?

stb_steeler
11-19-2011, 05:43 PM
Here we go again... And replace him with whom, exactly?

Ditto........:wink02:

queeg
11-19-2011, 06:17 PM
I never see him do anything except miss blocks and have unnecessary roughness penalties again him. He may be a good pulling guard but Legursky and Foster are more consistent in my mind.... Thoughts?

A pleasant thought.....bashing is out of bounds in this forum...we support our Steelers and players...find another sandbox!

Fire Arians
11-19-2011, 08:03 PM
A pleasant thought.....bashing is out of bounds in this forum...we support our Steelers and players...find another sandbox!

get off this site if you don't like it. do you have anything better to do than go around and criticize people? if you're not here to talk football then gtfo

steelfury02
11-19-2011, 08:39 PM
I like his aggressiveness and think more often than not he is sticking up for his QB in those late-hit situations. Other than that - he isn't penalized all that often and I think Ben in general has been more protected. That is all you can ask for at this point. Ben held onto the ball at times against the Bengals and that defense is severely underrated. We aren't really putting much emphasis on the run game so you can't measure him all that much. I'd say we have no one on the current roster that should start in front of him and as many know - they won't look outside their own organization to improve. Unless he makes monumental mistakes that costs us drives in the playoffs and ultimately costs us a title just sit back and relax - he'll be here through at least next year.

queeg
11-19-2011, 08:43 PM
get off this site if you don't like it. do you have anything better to do than go around and criticize people? if you're not here to talk football then gtfo

Have a nice weekend!

MasterOfPuppets
11-19-2011, 08:55 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqNFJSJXSEIsirKRYsdFaXKSkIVk-NLmkJjDMZghvM0YLjaN9no6R3z_p1

bubbletownwr88
11-19-2011, 10:44 PM
Do you guys seriously not like Legursky? I always thought he did a decent job when given time

stlrtruck
11-19-2011, 10:50 PM
Do you guys seriously not like Legursky? I always thought he did a decent job when given time

I agree Legursky has held his own when he's been called upon.

Buddha Bus
11-19-2011, 11:43 PM

What.... no calling him a rednevk? I'm disappointed. :hunch:

Nobody gives a shit what you think.

OX1947
11-20-2011, 12:37 AM
Steelers at least have the middle and ends solved now. Next years draft should be corner and guard in the first 2 rounds. Steelers surprisingly had an amazing draft this year. Lots of contributors and guys who made plays when they got a few plays. If Brown and Allen can develop even more as good nickle and dime players. Steelers getting another solid corner to counter Ike, that would be a huge advantage with the league going 4 and 5 wide as much as they do.

Rick5895
11-20-2011, 03:39 AM
Steelers at least have the middle and ends solved now. Next years draft should be corner and guard in the first 2 rounds. Steelers surprisingly had an amazing draft this year. Lots of contributors and guys who made plays when they got a few plays. If Brown and Allen can develop even more as good nickle and dime players. Steelers getting another solid corner to counter Ike, that would be a huge advantage with the league going 4 and 5 wide as much as they do.

The OL is coming together nicely. Guard is very important as well but with 3 young CB's in Allen, Brown and Lewis I believe we are better served getting a safety and NT to go along with Guard.

Aussie Steeler
11-20-2011, 06:17 AM
from what i recall legursky struggled early in the season at rg. he uses his feet well but he got manhandled out there. at left guard he seems to play better. he lacks the physical stature of most guards in the nfl. kemo is ok most of the time but he gets shown up alot too when his pulling fails.
i want an early lg pick in the next draft :)

BengalDestroyer
11-20-2011, 07:26 AM
Foster??? :rofl:

Foster's having a great season. Kemo is not. I agree maybe Kemo should at least be benched to prove a point...But then again things may change after the bye. However, I was most impressed when our starting Oline was Starks, Gilbert, Legursky, Foster, and Pouncey....

Bayz101
11-20-2011, 10:31 AM

Coming from someone with less than 70 posts on this forum. Listen. It's a forum. We discuss things. GTFO.

truesteelerfan
11-20-2011, 01:17 PM
I like Legursky better than Foster- But I like Kemo better than any of our other G choice- So many people on here seem to think Willie is a potential G, but has he ever played G in college or with us? Next year I hope we resign Starks, still Kemo, Pouncey, Legursky, Colon?, or a newbie, and Gilbert....How's that OL sound?

queeg
11-20-2011, 01:36 PM
Coming from someone with less than 70 posts on this forum. Listen. It's a forum. We discuss things. GTFO.

70 posts makes you the head caveman? Cussing and bashing are not acceptable "discussion" in any group session....

ricardisimo
11-20-2011, 04:39 PM
70 posts makes you the head caveman? Cussing and bashing are not acceptable "discussion" in any group session....
And I thought the public school system here in SoCal was better than that. A) learn how to read (or else move over to the Ravens boards, where they seem to encourage your level of comprehension), and B) read the CoC, where you will learn that "mild cursing" will be tolerated, whereas acting like a mod will not. You, my faux moralist, are in violation of board rules, not any of your targets... and repeatedly so, I'll add. The forum automatically stars-out what it deems to be beyond "mild", so that your precious soul won't be tainted here.

Get over yourself, start posting on thread topics, or GTFO, as has already been stated to you on numerous occasions.

rich4eagle
11-20-2011, 05:51 PM
I find this thread amusing. I think Kemo causes more damage by killing drives for being brain dead than results on the field, therefore, my view he is a negative, just like Jeff Reed was a negative waving at people running by him..

Further, I in exception to most believe that any individual OL guys worth is highly overrated and the least important of any position. OL guys are easiest to get and find, what is more important is to get five guys who have cohesion and play together and do not commit stupid penalties especially the kind Kemo commits

Each team gets less than 10 real chances to move the ball and score, two personal fouls essentially ends 20% of your drives and each false start really cripples any drive. Dont make penalties play as a unit and play smart, and good things happen if you have any skill players worth a darn, if you do not have any skill players that are good, no matter whom mans the OL line the offense will stank

queeg
11-20-2011, 07:47 PM
And I thought the public school system here in SoCal was better than that. A) learn how to read (or else move over to the Ravens boards, where they seem to encourage your level of comprehension), and B) read the CoC, where you will learn that "mild cursing" will be tolerated, whereas acting like a mod will not. You, my faux moralist, are in violation of board rules, not any of your targets... and repeatedly so, I'll add. The forum automatically stars-out what it deems to be beyond "mild", so that your precious soul won't be tainted here.

Get over yourself, start posting on thread topics, or GTFO, as has already been stated to you on numerous occasions.

No offense but taking the high ground is needed in this forum....go all Steelers!

BlockMonsta
11-20-2011, 08:35 PM

Thats how this website is, didn't seem this bad when I joined but everyone here is tough and needs to back themselfs up in their mind by talking shit because they cant do it in real life..Guy who says he has less then 70 post, ever consider people have lifes and dont spend all day on the internet?

Fire arians, kahuku is legit and you know it. We're not in states for no reason..

bornaSteelersfan
11-20-2011, 09:57 PM
I hate to say this, but as we get to a more "pass-happy" team, Kemo just isn't good enough. I am not saying we have someone to take over the role, but there may be better options

casteeler
11-20-2011, 11:01 PM
I can't complain about the offensive line latley, in the first few weeks it looked like Ben would be in a wheelchair by week 5 but a big improvement .

ricardisimo
11-21-2011, 02:16 PM
Thats how this website is, didn't seem this bad when I joined but everyone here is tough and needs to back themselfs up in their mind by talking shit because they cant do it in real life..Guy who says he has less then 70 post, ever consider people have lifes and dont spend all day on the internet?

Fire arians, kahuku is legit and you know it. We're not in states for no reason..
:wtf:

#1LambertFan
11-22-2011, 06:34 AM

Hey sailors do nothing but cuss and bash others and we all seem to get along fine. Lol. On a serious note I think Kemo is good enough for now and the guard issue can and should be addressed in the 2nd or 3rd round next year, so long as we can hold onto Mad Max Starks this year. I believe his play constitutes a pro bowl. Any arguments?

LayingTheWoodley56
11-22-2011, 11:14 AM
The guard position needs to be addressed in this years draft, probably first and foremost (though nose tackle is up there as well.) We have a possible keeper at tackle in Gilbert, a definite keeper at center in Pouncey, but I don't know if Legursky or Foster are long-term solutions. Kemo is average at best, we could most likely find someone to replace him through the draft, or maybe even - gasp! - free agency. It's time we fully solidfy our line for the forseeable future.

BKAnthem
11-25-2011, 09:06 AM
If Legursky had Kemo's size he'd be a perennial all-pro...but then he wouldn't be on the Steelers