PDA

View Full Version : Should There Be Concern For Ben's Thumb Injury???

Goldsteel86
11-20-2011, 02:04 PM
I know he has played through alot, he has played through a thumb injury before, but thanks to Arians relying on the pass as much as he does, should there be concern on the injury to Ben's thumb?

Big Daddy Beast
11-21-2011, 02:45 PM
Yes and no.

Yes because it's an injury, so logically there should be concern.

No because some guys would sit out over a hangnail and some guys seem to like the pain, it pushes them further. Ben seems to be one of the latter. Maybe it's some "Days of blood and guts" imagery that triggers them, but it works.

Whodis
11-21-2011, 02:59 PM
I'm concerned if Ben isn't injured

truesteelerfan
11-21-2011, 06:18 PM
I'm concerned if Ben isn't injured

Has that ever happened?

Atlanta Dan
11-21-2011, 07:05 PM
Ben certainly is saying it hurts

Roethlisberger practiced with a splint under his glove Monday and admitted there's a twinge when he takes the snap.

"It's definitely different," Roethlisberger said. "It hurts, first off, just to grip the ball. It's something you have to get used to. I want to get some reps, I wanted to throw some (today)."

Roethlisberger expects to play Sunday when the Steelers (7-3) travel to Kansas City, even if it means making a few adjustments to the playbook.

He didn't take a snap from under center Monday, instead opting to work out of the shotgun and pistol formations to protect the thumb from getting smacked by a direct snap from center Maurkice Pouncey.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7265671/ben-roethlisberger-pittsburgh-steelers-says-thumb-hurts-play-sunday

tony hipchest
11-22-2011, 12:27 AM
im still concerned about bens broken foot. :hunch:

Pentheon
11-23-2011, 06:45 PM
last time ben had a broken finger we won the superbowl

nothin to worry bout here :thumbsup: