PDA

View Full Version : Well the road to winning the division got tougher

GMU Steeler
11-20-2011, 03:54 PM
But I still like our chances to win out and you gotta think the Ravens are due at least one more or even two losses. It does gnaw at you thinking about week one and two weeks ago but that's over and the team just has to play the best football it can these next seven weeks. I still like our chances at the division and I think playoffs are extremely likely pending a terrible collapse. *knocks on wood*.

stb_steeler
11-20-2011, 04:01 PM
Steelers just need to take care of their own business, we'll be fine! :tt02:

StainlessStill
11-20-2011, 04:02 PM
Cinci put up one helluva fight. Going toe to toe with the best teams in the division. Dalton got to wise up on his 4th QRT interceptions but a rookie will be a rookie. I had Cinci winning this one today and they damn near pulled it off and some think they should have. Back to back turnovers that results in points is what did it. Good fight from Cinci but overall for us, I think Baltimore slips. They'll lose in Cincy and possibly Turkey Night to San Fran. San Diego is always a kicker as well. I'm just not impressed with Baltimore at all.

GMU Steeler
11-20-2011, 04:06 PM
Cinci put up one helluva fight. Going toe to toe with the best teams in the division. Dalton got to wise up on his 4th QRT interceptions but a rookie will be a rookie. I had Cinci winning this one today and they damn near pulled it off and some think they should have. Back to back turnovers that results in points is what did it. Good fight from Cinci but overall for us, I think Baltimore slips. They'll lose in Cincy and possibly Turkey Night to San Fran. San Diego is always a kicker as well. I'm just not impressed with Baltimore at all.

Yeah I thought the Ravens were going to put the Bengals away after it became a 17 point game so I'll give Dalton credit. I think the San Diego game will be interesting. Yes, the Chargers are underachieving big time this year but that game is in San Diego. Always tough going out west. Agree with you. I'll give the Ravens their props on sweeping us but aside from that I am not impressed. Though Torrey Smith looks like he could end up being a good player for them.

steelfury02
11-20-2011, 04:25 PM
shoulda woulda coulda. As much as we want to root for Ravens to lose a couple more games it isn't out of the realm of possibilities that we end up with the same record and lose the division to being swept. I'd hate to be negative nancy, but the moment that touchdown was called back, I knew, along with other calls that they have benefited from this year (pass interference calls come to mind) that things have been going their way in general.

We didn't hold serve at home - so be it. As much as the Ravens are due for a home loss - the 49ers are due for a road loss so don't get your hopes up too much. Let's just worry about winning our games and see where it gets us.

Bmore's last six (you better hope they lose this Thursday)
v. 49ers
@Browns
v. Colts
@Chargers
v. Browns
@Bengals

Fire Arians
11-20-2011, 04:26 PM
they might split against the bengals. hope that the other wildcard contenders turn it up, so it doesn't become a meaningless game for them

GMU Steeler
11-20-2011, 04:32 PM
shoulda woulda coulda. As much as we want to root for Ravens to lose a couple more games it isn't out of the realm of possibilities that we end up with the same record and lose the division to being swept. I'd hate to be negative nancy, but the moment that touchdown was called back, I knew, along with other calls that they have benefited from this year (pass interference calls come to mind) that things have been going their way in general.

We didn't hold serve at home - so be it. As much as the Ravens are due for a home loss - the 49ers are due for a road loss so don't get your hopes up too much. Let's just worry about winning our games and see where it gets us.

Bmore's last six (you better hope they lose this Thursday)
v. 49ers
@Browns
v. Colts
@Chargers
v. Browns
@Bengals

Yeah if we go on the road in the playoffs, I'm okay with that. We did it in 2005 and beat a very good Indy team that is much better than this Ravens one on the road. I want the division though so we can get home field hopefully throughout if possible.

rich4eagle
11-20-2011, 06:01 PM
But I still like our chances to win out and you gotta think the Ravens are due at least one more or even two losses. It does gnaw at you thinking about week one and two weeks ago but that's over and the team just has to play the best football it can these next seven weeks. I still like our chances at the division and I think playoffs are extremely likely pending a terrible collapse. *knocks on wood*.

Winning the division is a bonus, that was made a long shot when we lost to the Ravens two weeks ago. Making the playoffs was actually enhanced this week by gaining an edge over Cincy and the Jets losing.. Being a wild card and being good is not a great disavdantage, since the Steelers are good, winning the division is really good, but being a wildcard puts us in position for number 7:tt04:

steelfury02
11-22-2011, 09:03 AM
yup - not losing sight of that fact that we will probably get in means we have another shot at a title.

I have my own selfish reasons for winning the division - never been to a playoff game at Heinz - If we get an AFC championship game I'll make sure to go.