PDA

View Full Version : michigan 400- who to watch/ who will win?

tony hipchest
06-17-2006, 02:36 PM
this will be one of the more predictable races. lots of green flag racing, few cautions, and the leaders hard to catch. the recent trend is the fall winner repeating next spring so watch jeremy mayfield. while i dont expect him to win a top 10 is possible. kahne is on the poll and seems to always when when he starts out front. some darkhorses would include bobby labonte and dale jarrett who used to always do good here 5 years ago. a top 5 isnt out of the question. but if there is any suprise winner it will have to come on the heels of crafty pit strategy or gambling on or manipulating fuel mileage. with newman starting in the back i expect a little of this for him to gain track position and another solid run for kurt bush. bold prediction: scott riggs gets a top 10 and its a photo finish with 2 cars side by side at the line. in picking this race you cant go against the favorites at this track. those who have run up front all year will continue to do so at m.i.s.

1. m. kenseth
2. k. kahne
3. t. stewart
4. j. johnson
5. g. biffle

all 5 of these drivers have an equal shot to win. i cant see any advantages any has over the other. but this is pretty much the random order i have come up with. they will probably finish in the same order as their points position.

Fire Haley
06-17-2006, 03:06 PM
1. Matt
2. Biffle
3. Kasey
4. Tony
5. Dale Jr.

Ya gotta believe, baby!

http://motorsport.com/photos/nascar-cup/2006/tx/nascarcup-2006-tx-mj-0075.jpg

DIESELMAN
06-17-2006, 03:49 PM
1. Kenseth
2. J.J.
3. Kahne
4. JR.
5. Kyle Bush

daleemnm
06-17-2006, 09:32 PM
1. Biffle
2. Martin
3. Jr
4. Stewart
5. Newman

Suitanim
06-18-2006, 05:33 PM
Wow...I rolled the dice this week on fantasy, and picked Hamlin and Sorenson as dark horses, along with Burton and Biffle. I was rewarded with 4, 5, 11, 12, and another week with no shot at the assmove trophy.

Fire Haley
06-18-2006, 05:39 PM
Great job Matt on coming back to a 13th place finish...a rainout maybe was the best option
I'll blame this one on the special-paint-scheme curse.

tony hipchest
06-18-2006, 06:50 PM
Wow...I rolled the dice this week on fantasy, and picked Hamlin and Sorenson as dark horses, along with Burton and Biffle. I was rewarded with 4, 5, 11, 12, and another week with no shot at the assmove trophy. great call on sorenson. i wasted a s. riggs start, and am quickly using them up. as with kahne. but no sense in saving kahne starts for a future 5th place finish if i can squeeze a win out of him now.

props to all those who picked jr. to do well. that retro paintscheme was awesome, and i must say, kenseths copper paint scheme is one of the best when seen up close.