PDA

View Full Version : HOF Finalist

55BaileyFan
11-22-2011, 06:24 PM
http://steelerfreakmov.blogspot.com/2011/11/hall-of-fame-semi-finalist.html

Of 26 modern era finalist there are four with ties to the Steelers; add in Jack Butler and 5 of 28 are Steelers....Looking good odds wise.

stb_steeler
11-22-2011, 11:10 PM
I hope Bettis and Dawson get it this time.....

tony hipchest
11-22-2011, 11:57 PM
bill cowher didnt make the cut in his 1st year of eligibility. gotta think his youth and potential return to the sidelines will hurt his chances.

OX1947
11-23-2011, 12:23 AM
bill cowher didnt make the cut in his 1st year of eligibility. gotta think his youth and potential return to the sidelines will hurt his chances.

I do not think Cowher gets in unless he wins another Super Bowl.

Bayz101
11-23-2011, 12:24 AM
I do not think Cowher gets in unless he wins another Super Bowl.

He is definitely in the spitting and best chin HOF. No doubt.

Rick5895
11-23-2011, 06:40 AM
I hope Bettis and Dawson get it this time.....

I Thinnk Bettis gets in eventually if not this season. But my hope for Steelers are Dawson, who IMO, has only one who rivals his ability at the center position and thats Webby. But I also really want to see Donnie Shell get in, he was an abssolute stud at safety.

Whodis
11-23-2011, 07:47 AM

What do you think happens to his chances if he comes back and looks like he did his last year with the Steelers?

steelerchad
11-23-2011, 08:40 AM

agreed.
Thing about coaches these days is they don't last. It's tough for a coach to rack up stats to compare to coaches of the past. Besides Belichick, what coach gets in who coached in the 90's and 2000's.
Cowher is probably the 2nd best option and because of that, I think he gets in. I know the Steelers winning % was the best of any team in the league during his 15 years.

stb_steeler
11-23-2011, 10:57 AM
I Thinnk Bettis gets in eventually if not this season. But my hope for Steelers are Dawson, who IMO, has only one who rivals his ability at the center position and thats Webby. But I also really want to see Donnie Shell get in, he was an abssolute stud at safety.

You would think a 5th rushing leader would get in. How many people are gonna get that title anytime soon.

tony hipchest
11-23-2011, 01:40 PM
What do you think happens to his chances if he comes back and looks like he did his last year with the Steelers?

well it definitely wouldnt help but i dont think it would tarnish his 15 years here. now the opposite could be said if one was trying to make a case for dick vermiel. his return to the cheifs/rams certainly padded what he did in \philly.

i think what happens with parcels is a good indicator of what will happen with cowher. i dont think cowher beat him in.

Fire Arians
11-23-2011, 03:14 PM
dawson deserves i tthe most imo, quite possibly one of the best at his position to ever play.

BengalDestroyer
11-23-2011, 03:27 PM
Shell should already be in, Bettis to for that matter, and Dawson better get in this year.

55BaileyFan
11-23-2011, 08:21 PM
dawson deserves i tthe most imo, quite possibly one of the best at his position to ever play.

Okay. I agree that Dawson is WAY overdue for the Hall...but no Steeler deserves it more than Butler. He has been waiting since 1964 and should have been in then.

He retired #2 in the league in picks and no one did it faster than him...just look at Woodson, in 102 games he had only 28 picks to Butler's 52 in 103 games. His wait has been more ridiculous than LeBeau's.

Now, I think Butler is in no matter what because the past few years both senior ballot guys have got in...and if Dawson doesn't get in this year (with the Bus) then when the hell will he ever get in.

I just think that Butler is way overdue and deserves it a bit more, a 12 year wait is nothing compared to a 47 year wait.