PDA

View Full Version : 49ers vs Ravens

Whodis
11-23-2011, 07:45 AM
I started looking into the game to place some bets and some things jumped out at me..

I usually jump all over a home team when a team travels this far, on short rest.

Have to say.... the ravens have some injuries!! Carr, dt Jones and Ray Ray all missed practice

IMO we got out bye at a perfect time and the Rats are gonna be hurting after this week

Fire Arians
11-23-2011, 12:45 PM
i like the 49ers in this matchup. they have been road warriors all year, and i don't think the trip will affect them as much. they went into philly and detroit and came out winners.

joe flacco will struggle against that niners defense, and the ravens run defense doesn't look like what it used to be. Gore could possibly run for 100 on them.

it'll be a low scoring affair but I'm taking SF because their team seems more consistent and less prone to mistakes, and it may just come down to one bad break for either team. hope the refs don't screw up what should be a good game

Whodis
11-24-2011, 10:34 AM
I think it should be high scoring... Don't think they will run vs the Rats

Your right about them on the road. The last home games Baltimore got a lot of calls (pass int).

fortmemphis
11-24-2011, 08:58 PM
I am torn just ever so slightly when I think about the Ratbirds/Niners game.

In a way, I would love for BAL to rip the Niners a new one because I have been hearing on national sports shows that the AFC is watered down this year.

Colin Cowherd (yes I know he is a tool) ranked the Packers #1--okay, Niners #2--have to see it to believe it, Dallas-3rd--what an idiot, Chicago 4th. He put NE ahead of Pitt. He put Pitt at 7th and then lumped BAL in with several others to complete his top ten. He said the AFC is down this year. So I would love for BAL to represent the AFC North and show the upstart Niners that they arent elite yet.

BUT.........Naaaaaaaah, I just cant pull for the Ratbirds, plus we need them to lose some more since they have swept us. So go Niners!!!!

Then when we visit Candlestick later this season and knock them off, it will be more impressive.

Fire Arians
11-24-2011, 09:08 PM
I am torn just ever so slightly when I think about the Ratbirds/Niners game.

In a way, I would love for BAL to rip the Niners a new one because I have been hearing on national sports shows that the AFC is watered down this year.

Colin Cowherd (yes I know he is a tool) ranked the Packers #1--okay, Niners #2--have to see it to believe it, Dallas-3rd--what an idiot, Chicago 4th. He put NE ahead of Pitt. He put Pitt at 7th and then lumped BAL in with several others to complete his top ten. He said the AFC is down this year. So I would love for BAL to represent the AFC North and show the upstart Niners that they arent elite yet.

BUT.........Naaaaaaaah, I just cant pull for the Ratbirds, plus we need them to lose some more since they have swept us. So go Niners!!!!

Then when we visit Candlestick later this season and knock them off, it will be more impressive.

the only way i can cheer for the ravens is if they're playing the patriots. but even then, with the division situation we have, i'd prolly even root for the pats vs them

Fire Arians
11-24-2011, 09:10 PM
****! the ravens once again get saved by the refs

jjpro11
11-24-2011, 09:11 PM
wtf is it with the refs and the Ravens this year? disgusting

Fire Arians
11-24-2011, 09:14 PM
for an illegal chop block which is ironic, something they should have been flagged for 20 times this season

Fire Arians
11-24-2011, 09:28 PM
once again, the refs

jjpro11
11-24-2011, 09:28 PM
these Ravens games are just unwatchable.

Fire Arians
11-24-2011, 09:35 PM
first down niners, quick somebody throw a flag!

jjpro11
11-24-2011, 09:36 PM
could Mayock possibly be more on the Ravens' dicks any more? jeez.. just STFU already!

fortmemphis
11-24-2011, 09:41 PM
once again, the refs

they really get bailed out by the refs a bunch. A ticky tack chop block takes a TD away among other penalties. I guess the refs just love them some Ratbirds.

fortmemphis
11-24-2011, 09:43 PM
wow, a Baltimore penalty

Fire Arians
11-24-2011, 09:44 PM
wow, a Baltimore penalty

what i was thinking. maybe they dont want to make it too obvious. a 5 yard penalty is chump change for all these other penalties in their favor though.

6-3 at the half. should be 10-3 niners

jjpro11
11-24-2011, 09:46 PM
Refs with a 10 point swing in favor of the Ravens.. what a ****ing joke.. this is why the NFL is becoming harder and harder to enjoy. refs just flat out suck.

fortmemphis
11-24-2011, 09:48 PM
and the real Alex Smith is back. What a horrible throw to a totally covered receiver and BAL gets bailed out again.

MACH1
11-24-2011, 11:20 PM
The future HOFer Ted drop it aGinn makes his presence known.

Merchant
11-24-2011, 11:46 PM
This game was beyond boring considering all the hype.

plenewken
11-25-2011, 08:58 AM
once again, the refs

Really pathetic. When they're not saved by a freaking 10mn forensic review of a TD against the Bengals, it's an imaginary chop block to nullify a TD for the 49ers.
This game is slowly but surely turning into a (sad) joke.

mikegrimey
11-25-2011, 09:29 AM
And it looks like a number of steelers fans here r morphing into ravens fans and crying about the referees all the time

All you cry babies are a joke

Fire Arians
11-25-2011, 01:44 PM
hey if they're still going to bitch about santonio holmes' catch in 1 game, i'm going to call out the refs trying to hand them 4 games in a row. they should be 5-5 right now if not for outside help

mikegrimey
11-25-2011, 02:29 PM
The above satement is nonsense and loser-fan talk ghat should be reserved for fans of lesser teams than the steelers

It's pathetic what kind of mental gymnastics people will go through to deny giving an opponent credit where it's due

What's funny is this is the same line of talk I heard ravens fans use for the last 4 years I spent in Dover, De
Seems like whoever isn't on top wants to use any excuse they can

The patriots, the packers and now the ravens? Really? Shen the steelers r champs fans of the losers take the dame "refs favorite" line
It's cliched, hackneyed and stupid

Deserei90
11-25-2011, 02:46 PM
Remember, There's still playoffs. The season is not over.

Fire Arians
11-25-2011, 03:50 PM
The above satement is nonsense and loser-fan talk ghat should be reserved for fans of lesser teams than the steelers

It's pathetic what kind of mental gymnastics people will go through to deny giving an opponent credit where it's due

What's funny is this is the same line of talk I heard ravens fans use for the last 4 years I spent in Dover, De
Seems like whoever isn't on top wants to use any excuse they can

The patriots, the packers and now the ravens? Really? Shen the steelers r champs fans of the losers take the dame "refs favorite" line
It's cliched, hackneyed and stupid

if you just want to ignore the facts that they got away with a bunch of bullshit calls then that's your call.

i guess if i'm a loser, you're an idiot for seeing what's true for yourself and ignoring it

mikegrimey
11-25-2011, 04:44 PM
On the
Contrary i see what's true
You're embellishing and crediting the "refs" with victories earned by the ravens

Another fan in denial it's sad
A shame u Make other steelers fans lOok like whiny ninnies

SteelCityMom
11-25-2011, 04:55 PM
I'm not a fan of crediting refs with wins either...but this season, even I have had to take notice of the overall ineptitude of the refs this year. I know they've been bad in the past, but it's like they're bad on steroids this year. It's to the point where I don't even want to watch any other games other than the Steelers because I just watch the game in anger over how ridiculous they are.

Yesterdays game was not the most infuriating (that would be the Packers/Lions game...yes the Lions deserved to lose, but it was like the refs were constantly making sure the Packers had the upper hand in the first). But it certainly wasn't without the usual stinkers that I've come to expect from the refs. And it's mainly the roughing the passer and PI calls (which the Ravens seem to almost always be on the benefiting end of) that seem to be outlandishly flagrant compared to other years. It's just getting out of hand, and I think that frustration is spilling over onto the board.

MasterOfPuppets
11-25-2011, 09:51 PM
a PI call can literally cost a team the game. its a game changer. if they are going to review other game changers like turnovers and TD's , then a PI call should be able to be challenged.
one bad call by a flag happy ref should never dictate the outcome of a game. either make it a 15 yd penalty as it is in college , or let it be challenged with the red flag.

mikegrimey
11-27-2011, 01:03 PM
Actually Mom, I see the complete opposite, most of the games the referees do a superlative job. Of course there are bad calls, but that's part of the game. I'm not sure what PI or RTP calls you're seeing the Ravens get that are so egregious.
I did think the call against Gay at the end of the 2nd STeelers game was a ridiculous penalty, but I also thought the holding call on Torry Smith at the start of the game was bad too. My point is that trying to deny credit to a team because of officials is immature and silly.

My main point with blaming the refs is it's intrinsic loser talk. The Ravens fans always did this when I lived in Delaware, any loss, especially to the steelers, would be greeted with accusations, conspiracy theories, and any amount of nonsense to deny that they'd simpy got beat.

SteelCityMom
11-27-2011, 01:17 PM
Actually Mom, I see the complete opposite, most of the games the referees do a superlative job. Of course there are bad calls, but that's part of the game. I'm not sure what PI or RTP calls you're seeing the Ravens get that are so egregious.
I did think the call against Gay at the end of the 2nd STeelers game was a ridiculous penalty, but I also thought the holding call on Torry Smith at the start of the game was bad too. My point is that trying to deny credit to a team because of officials is immature and silly.

My main point with blaming the refs is it's intrinsic loser talk. The Ravens fans always did this when I lived in Delaware, any loss, especially to the steelers, would be greeted with accusations, conspiracy theories, and any amount of nonsense to deny that they'd simpy got beat.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on that end of it I suppose. I can't think of anything off the top of my head honestly...and I wasn't directing the RTP calls at the Ravens, just the PI. Every game I've watched of theirs though (which has been most), they seem to always get at least one. And refs seem much happier as of late to throw them in questionable situations. I also do not like the penalty yardage either (as has been stated), and I don't like that on a number of occasions they've called PI when the ball was completely uncatchable. I don't know if it's part of a new rule to call it regardless...but I have yet to see one go uncalled because of that.

I know missed and bad calls are going to happen...but I think NFL refs are second worst only to NBA refs. And I'm not trying to whine about any one game specifically, I just feel overall they do a poor job and it's something that has been increasing over the years. That's just how I've seen it, and I think there are many others who have the same frustrations.

*For the record, I don't like it when the Steelers get questionable PI calls either...and though I guess I do like the points if they get them, I don't like the placement of the ball when they get endzone PI calls either. I'm just bitter about the where the NFL is right now on a lot of levels...so maybe that underlying anger makes me even more pissed at the refs.

BleedPurple
11-27-2011, 01:34 PM
hey if they're still going to bitch about santonio holmes' catch in 1 game, i'm going to call out the refs trying to hand them 4 games in a row. they should be 5-5 right now if not for outside help

5-5 :chuckle: You're nuts dude! And so bitter! The refs aren't trying to hand anyone any games! You must be joking. If there is a bad call, I guarantee you it is not because the ref is wearing purple. The refs suck this year, which means both sides get s**t calls. If you seriously think that the refs are actually on anyone's team (especially during an away game . . .), then you are beyond stupid, you are delusional.

ricardisimo
11-27-2011, 03:29 PM
We'll just have to agree to disagree on that end of it I suppose. I can't think of anything off the top of my head honestly...and I wasn't directing the RTP calls at the Ravens, just the PI. Every game I've watched of theirs though (which has been most), they seem to always get at least one. And refs seem much happier as of late to throw them in questionable situations. I also do not like the penalty yardage either (as has been stated), and I don't like that on a number of occasions they've called PI when the ball was completely uncatchable. I don't know if it's part of a new rule to call it regardless...but I have yet to see one go uncalled because of that.

I know missed and bad calls are going to happen...but I think NFL refs are second worst only to NBA refs. And I'm not trying to whine about any one game specifically, I just feel overall they do a poor job and it's something that has been increasing over the years. That's just how I've seen it, and I think there are many others who have the same frustrations.

*For the record, I don't like it when the Steelers get questionable PI calls either...and though I guess I do like the points if they get them, I don't like the placement of the ball when they get endzone PI calls either. I'm just bitter about the where the NFL is right now on a lot of levels...so maybe that underlying anger makes me even more pissed at the refs.
:stupid: