PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh Steelers team report: Roethlisberger throws well with broken thumb

mesaSteeler
11-24-2011, 12:07 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers team report: Roethlisberger throws well with broken thumb
PUBLISHED 20 hours and 12 minutes ago
Gerry Dulac Sporting News
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-11-23/pittsburgh-steelers-team-report-roethlisberger-throws-well-with-broken-thumb

(See URL for video if you are interested. - mesa)

PITTSBURGH — In his first full practice since injuring his thumb, Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger had no difficult throwing Wednesday and even zipped a couple of passes over the middle to his receivers.

Roethlisberger has already said he plans to play against the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday night, but it also appears he shouldn’t have any difficulty passing the ball.
If all continues to go well, there will be no holding back Ben Roethlisberger. (AP Photo)

Roethlisberger broke his lower right thumb against the Cincinnati Bengals in Week 10 and has been wearing a protective support on his hand.

Notes: Despite finally getting some continuity in the offensive line, the coaches are going to make a change in the starting lineup, as Doug Legursky will replace Chris Kemoeatu at left guard. The move is being made because Kemoeatu, a four-year starter, continues to make too many mental mistakes. Legursky is smaller and less physical than Kemoeatu, but he might be the smartest offensive lineman on the team. …

Wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders, who has missed the past two games because of surgery to repair torn meniscus, is feeling better and was able to practice a little more Wednesday. Though it is unlikely he will play against the Chiefs, it’s a good bet that he will return for the Week 13 rematch against the Bengals.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-11-23/pittsburgh-steelers-team-report-roethlisberger-throws-well-with-broken-thumb#ixzz1eeCPrMJM

Kanata-Steeler
11-27-2011, 08:12 AM
Yes, I do recall that the likes of Montana, Bradshaw, Manning, Brady, ..., ALWAYS threw better with a BROKEN THUMB ?!!! wtf ?
ummm I don't think so dude, unless your RB run's better with only one leg ?!
Doesn't potential throwing Interceptions not sound normal here ? -is this a conspiracy or what.

note to me:
-am I goin' nutz ?

Buddha Bus
11-27-2011, 08:38 AM
note to me:
-am I goin' nutz ?

Return note from Voice-In-Head #7:

"Yes.

Now, can we get back to the debate we were having concerning carrying out the murder orders of the dog?"

Kanata-Steeler
11-27-2011, 10:38 PM
Return note from Voice-In-Head #7:

"Yes.

Now, can we get back to the debate we were having concerning carrying out the murder orders of the dog?"

return note to me:
I guess I wasn't nutz,
:)
...how'd that broken thumb and those long deep balls work out for you 2nite Ariens' ???
I guess it sure didn't, but who cares, 'cause our "D" won the game for you anyway, again.

stb_steeler
11-27-2011, 10:54 PM
Ben played a pretty good game, it wasnt his fault.....Receivers dropped to many balls this time!

Kanata-Steeler
11-27-2011, 10:59 PM
Ben played a pretty good game, it wasnt his fault.....Receivers dropped to many balls this time!
That is maybe half-believable, the other half is BEN not throwing even near-enough catchable balls for the most part,

But let me quote Ben for ya: :" thanks to our steelers D...." you know, that game tonight with Collingsworth commentating ? ya, that one.

Sixburgher
11-27-2011, 11:36 PM
That is maybe half-believable, the other half is BEN not throwing even near-enough catchable balls for the most part,.

He hit Wallace in the hands TWICE, both of which were dropped. He hit Brown between the damn numbers, which was also dropped when they were trying to kill the clock toward the end of the game.

It's hard to take you seriously when you are always so off target as to what actually happened.

stb_steeler
11-27-2011, 11:44 PM
That is maybe half-believable, the other half is BEN not throwing even near-enough catchable balls for the most part,

But let me quote Ben for ya: :" thanks to our steelers D...." you know, that game tonight with Collingsworth commentating ? ya, that one.

he threw enough to make big plays if receivers caught them, Wallace for 6 in the endzone, Heath miller in the redzone, Brown hit between the numbers.....the list goes on!

Kanata-Steeler
11-27-2011, 11:48 PM
he threw enough to make big plays if receivers caught them, Wallace for 6 in the endzone, Heath miller in the redzone, Brown hit between the numbers.....the list goes on!

I'd say the "BEAT" goes on.

madtowndrunkard
11-27-2011, 11:51 PM
All the chiefs had to do was just not make mistakes and let us beat our selves. Fortunately they couldn't' even do that...so we won. Against 90% of the league we lose this team. Dropped balls a plenty.

Add in the dozens of penalties and a fumble near the goal line....and we end up barely beating a team we should have crushed. We tried so hard to beat our selves it was really shocking we couldn't' succeed. IMO it was a perfect storm of lack of focus and piss poor game planing.

If there ever was a game were we should have been taking what they were giving...this was it.

Ricco Suavez
11-28-2011, 05:49 AM
For everyone who wants to line up and run the ball rough shod let me say it ain't a goin happen. We run two run plays on first two downs or first down pick up 2 and then put our offense in obvious passing downs and it makes it a lot harder on the line and the receivers much less Ben. Mix up the run/pass but pass more on first down. I think we avg 3.9 ypc tonight but three of our runners had longs of like 16,15, and 10 that without just shows how mediocre we were at the run. Betting the avg drops below 3 without those three runs.

Bottom line we need some balance but we are going about it bass ackwards. We are a passing team now for better or worse, we just need an OC who can use the tools our team has.