PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben says he'll play through pain

mesaSteeler
11-26-2011, 09:35 AM
Big Ben says he'll play through pain
http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/big-ben-says-he-ll-play-through-pain/article_57f7f665-75ff-5546-9cc0-96298438750f.html
Posted: Thursday, November 24, 2011 11:15 pm | Updated: 8:07 am, Fri Nov 25, 2011.

Mike Bires mbires@timesonline.com | 1 comment

PITTSBURGH - With a splint protecting his broken right thumb, Ben Roethlisberger wonders how accurate he'll be Sunday night. He also knows he'll have to withstand some pain. But those are about his only worries regarding the injury to this throwing hand.

After practicing on a limited basis Wednesday, the Steelers' star quarterback made it through the entire workout Thursday.

"When I hold the ball, I'm restricted on how far my thumb will go back," he said. "(Trainer) John Norwig and those guys have done a great job trying to ... we're tweaking it every day ... we've done a good job getting to the point where we're happy with it now.

"We'll make any necessary adjustments we have to make. It will be alright."

So there's no doubt Roethlisberger will play as the Steelers (7-3) try to improve their playoff hopes against the Chiefs (4-6).

Roethlisberger is also comforted by the fact that he managed to play through the same injury for several games in 2005 when the Steelers went on to win the Super Bowl.

"It's almost the same exact thing ... that's what I've been told," he said. "I guess there's peace of mind with me that I've gone through this before. It doesn't feel better physically, but at least mentally it feels better in that sense."

In other injury news:

- Outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley will likely miss his third straight game with a hamstring injury. He practiced on a limited basis Thursday.

- After missing two games with a knee injury, wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders has been cleared to play against the Chiefs.

- The only Steeler who missed practice Thursday was reserve linebacker Stevenson Sylvester with an undisclosed calf injury.

tanda10506
11-26-2011, 12:45 PM
Ben's played well like this before, but I would really like to see us run the ball. If Ben has to throw all game he will make some bad and possibly costly throws due to the pain and unusual grip of the ball. We need to run it hard over and over with all our RB's. I know if you play down to ANY team you can lose, but I would have been fine if Batch had practiced all week as the starter and then started. We are good enough to comfortably beat the chiefs with Batch, I would just hate for Ben to get hurt for the season, like Cutler, while playing the chiefs. I can't believe Woodley is still out, I was hoping he would be playing by now, I can't wait to have him and Harrison getting after the qb. The few games they had together Harrison was still hurting and Woodley hadn't stepped up yet.

Bayz101
11-26-2011, 12:53 PM
Ben's played well like this before, but I would really like to see us run the ball. If Ben has to throw all game he will make some bad and possibly costly throws due to the pain and unusual grip of the ball. We need to run it hard over and over with all our RB's. I know if you play down to ANY team you can lose, but I would have been fine if Batch had practiced all week as the starter and then started. We are good enough to comfortably beat the chiefs with Batch, I would just hate for Ben to get hurt for the season, like Cutler, while playing the chiefs. I can't believe Woodley is still out, I was hoping he would be playing by now, I can't wait to have him and Harrison getting after the qb. The few games they had together Harrison was still hurting and Woodley hadn't stepped up yet.

I agree. Successful teams aren't one dimensional. We need to step it up as an all around team.

MACH1
11-26-2011, 01:24 PM
Can't throw int's handing the ball off.

But this is airians O we're talking about. Ice storms, hurricanes, broken fingers means 40+ pass attempts.

Bayz101
11-26-2011, 01:33 PM

But this is airians O we're talking about. Ice storms, hurricanes, broken fingers means 40+ pass attempts.

Lmao. God I hope your wrong, but if history repeats itself, you are sooo right...

Kanata-Steeler
11-26-2011, 06:27 PM
how about bring Ben in for part of 1st, then let ST, "D" and "O" pin their ears back with Charlie B, (Batch) and just smash-mouth right down their throats for the rest of the game. ? -that would definitely throw them off -too late for them to come back later :)
Ben needs to heal properly, 'ya think ?!
...and nevermid Ariens' "retardedness", atleaat until Ben is 101%, which we'll need for the final long stretch.
But oops, that maybe asking a lot outta (puppet) Tomlin ?

note to me,
"pleez be wrong?"
:)

BengalDestroyer
11-26-2011, 06:59 PM

HeeHee Arians is def. a tard