xstang102
11-27-2011, 11:20 PM
game is in the balance...

xstang102
11-27-2011, 11:22 PM
he falls down on the pick, what a retard

ricardisimo
11-27-2011, 11:23 PM
Be quiet, clown. Take your act elsewhere.

TRH
11-27-2011, 11:28 PM
I thought he played great in the 4th and made a couple of complete play killers (which would have been drive killers if the rest of the D would have looked alive)

AndyWitmyer
11-27-2011, 11:30 PM
I thought he played great in the 4th and made a couple of complete play killers (which would have been drive killers if the rest of the D would have looked alive)

Totally agree. Gay did fine

JustinM
11-27-2011, 11:32 PM
he falls down on the pick, what a retard

i too think Gay shouldn't start, BUT, he fell down so as not to run into Lewis which is a GOOD thing.

SunshineMan21
11-27-2011, 11:32 PM
Did a great job sniffing out that screen, and pressured Palko to throw one away (unless I'm thinking of Worilds?).

austinfrench76
11-27-2011, 11:47 PM
Gay played very well. Ike, not so much...

ricardisimo
11-27-2011, 11:49 PM
Did a great job sniffing out that screen, and pressured Palko to throw one away (unless I'm thinking of Worilds?).
Gay - like the rest of the D - did OK today. Just OK, which turned out to be enough. The offense needs to look at itself in the mirror.

I find it ironic (or just more Arians triple-speak) that just days after saying that it was about wins, and not padding stats, they went out of their way to pad Ward's stats. Arians is an ass.

OX1947
11-27-2011, 11:55 PM
What's with all this Gay shit in this place? Did some of you just become steelers fans yesterday? Did you guys forget about Chad Scott, Alvoid Mays, Dewayne Washington? William Gay gets burned just as much as the good corners in this league. You guys act like he is getting burned every other play.

tony hipchest
11-27-2011, 11:55 PM
Dear Lord, please keep dumb ass threads off this board.

tanda10506
11-28-2011, 12:02 AM
What's with all this Gay shit in this place? Did some of you just become steelers fans yesterday? Did you guys forget about Chad Scott, Alvoid Mays, Dewayne Washington? William Gay gets burned just as much as the good corners in this league. You guys act like he is getting burned every other play.

Exactly, Gay had a pretty good game and made some good plays.

defence
11-28-2011, 12:02 AM
Gay - like the rest of the D - did OK today. Just OK, which turned out to be enough. The offense needs to look at itself in the mirror.

I find it ironic (or just more Arians triple-speak) that just days after saying that it was about wins, and not padding stats, they went out of their way to pad Ward's stats. Arians is an ass.

Well said. This crapper has nothing to do with gay; but the incompetent oc named bruce ariens. This guy couldnt coach in canadian football.

ricardisimo
11-28-2011, 12:03 AM
These people are closet cases who've spent so much of their lives bashing people who are gay, that they can no longer distinguish people named Gay. You have to have some pity. One day, with luck, they'll be comfortable with themselves and come out and be proud of who and what they are. Then - and only then - will they give William Gay his due.

Fire Arians
11-28-2011, 12:42 AM
Gay played well

skinart82
11-28-2011, 01:16 AM
It's ok to like Gay, I do!!!

jtbsteeler
11-28-2011, 05:20 AM
It's ok to like Gay, I do!!!

Gay owes us a big play in the playoffs. Then and only then will he be let off the hook for giving up that play to Nelson in the Bowl.

ricardisimo
11-28-2011, 05:25 AM
Gay owes us a big play in the playoffs. Then and only then will he be let off the hook for giving up that play to Nelson in the Bowl.
Like I've said innumerable times already, Deion in his prime could not have prevented that TD. Gay did not lose that SB. If anyone did, it was Ben.

Rick5895
11-28-2011, 06:28 AM

Get over the bloody Super Bowl already.
WIlliam has played very good football for us this season, and thats all that matters. We will need him to continue to play well going forward, especialy if Troy is out for any length of time.

btaylor179
11-28-2011, 07:30 AM
gay is ok

LayingTheWoodley56
11-28-2011, 09:34 AM
jesus can we lay off this guy? he's having a good season and he was the subject of a lot of critcism, people don't seem to realize, early in his career when he was a young player learning the ropes and developing. give him a chance to show what he's worth, and in my mind he already has this season. some people here just have nothing good to say.

Steel_Bus_24
11-28-2011, 09:40 AM
Gay has earned my trust as a NIckle/part time 2.............where I get upset is when we line him up in bad matchups.....He should not be lining up against burners or good to great #2 Wrs

SteelWolf62
11-28-2011, 11:38 AM
i too think Gay shouldn't start, BUT, he fell down so as not to run into Lewis which is a GOOD thing.

I agree, it looked funny when it happened but understood why it happened.

OX1947
11-28-2011, 12:44 PM
These people are closet cases who've spent so much of their lives bashing people who are gay, that they can no longer distinguish people named Gay. You have to have some pity. One day, with luck, they'll be comfortable with themselves and come out and be proud of who and what they are. Then - and only then - will they give William Gay his due.

Well, I support Gay. And it seems like Gay is here and we all better get use to it.

OX1947
11-28-2011, 12:49 PM
jesus can we lay off this guy? he's having a good season and he was the subject of a lot of critcism, people don't seem to realize, early in his career when he was a young player learning the ropes and developing. give him a chance to show what he's worth, and in my mind he already has this season. some people here just have nothing good to say.

It is almost like those crack heads in here who were saying Lamarr Woodley blows because he didnt have 15 sacks in the first 2 games. Maybe they do not watch the games an realize that outside linebackers for the steelers drop back a lot an cover territory, sometimes for long stretches of games depending on who they are playing. A lot factor into playing football but stats. Especially the elite teams. But this popcorn, fantasy football, BSPN highlight jerk circle that everyone plays supersedes all the actual productive players and how well they actually do their jobs even thought they do not have 4 sacks or 2 tds every game.

Rick5895
11-28-2011, 02:25 PM
It is almost like those crack heads in here who were saying Lamarr Woodley blows because he didnt have 15 sacks in the first 2 games. Maybe they do not watch the games an realize that outside linebackers for the steelers drop back a lot an cover territory, sometimes for long stretches of games depending on who they are playing. A lot factor into playing football but stats. Especially the elite teams. But this popcorn, fantasy football, BSPN highlight jerk circle that everyone plays supersedes all the actual productive players and how well they actually do their jobs even thought they do not have 4 sacks or 2 tds every game.

I was critical of Woodley earlier in the season, but NOT because he wasn't sacking the QB. he was out of position too much, didn't set the edge, I beleive he was pressing too much trying to live up to his contract on every play.
Gay has played very well this season, I don't expect him to be the second coming of Rod Woodson. Gay blitzes well and is an outstanding tackler and is better than average in coverage. Sometimes CB's get beat. Stevie Johnson had a good game against Revis yesterday and you can bet your ass nobody in Jetsville was saying bench Revis.

If Troy is out for an extended period of time we will need Gay, Mundy, Lewis to step up. But of course the usual "sky is falling " crowd will be here telling us we are doomed because of him.

xstang102
11-28-2011, 03:01 PM
I'd love it if I was wrong about this guy... I just have a feeling he will cost us in the playoffs ( the critical play that puts us behind for good) It seems like every QB targets him during crunch time (that speaks volumes). It's either that, or he is the one who does give up the critical big plays. Either way, it's the same issue... Brady targeted him last year, Rodgers in the SB, and Flacco for the division winning last second TD...

He reminds me af a decent NBA player that can't hit free throws. I don't want him anywhere near the field when the D is in a must hold situation.

That said, maybe he will just totally prove me wrong.. That would be awesome!:tt04:

steelax04
11-28-2011, 03:14 PM
I'd love it if I was wrong about this guy... I just have a feeling he will cost us in the playoffs ( the critical play that puts us behind for good) It seems like every QB targets him during crunch time (that speaks volumes). It's either that, or he is the one who does give up the critical big plays. Either way, it's the same issue... Brady targeted him last year, Rodgers in the SB, and Flacco for the division winning last second TD...

He reminds me af a decent NBA player that can't hit free throws. I don't want him anywhere near the field when the D is in a must hold situation.

That said, maybe he will just totally prove me wrong.. That would be awesome!:tt04:

Any chance you have something to back up your "I have a feeling" and "seems like" statements? I'd be interested to see how these hold up (not to try and prove you wrong, I'm sincerely curious)... especially the "targets during crunch time" or just targets in general.

Maybe ETL can do some detailed stat breakdowns on his weekly "Gay Meter"