PDA

View Full Version : Troy's concussion ?

Kanata-Steeler
11-28-2011, 12:21 AM
tomlin's post-game comment was: "concussion-like symptoms"
Obviously i hope n pray it ain't a bad concussion, but then again, I never heard of a good one either.
time will tell. Please !, get and stay healthy Troy.

OX1947
11-28-2011, 12:23 AM
Troy seriously is a maniac. He blew away a 290 pound lineman and knocked himself out. The man only knows one gear.

stlrtruck
11-28-2011, 10:09 AM
The problem now for the Steelers is the number of concussions Troy has sustained and the frequency of reoccurring concussions. They are starting to happen with greater frequency and as much as I want and love to have him on the field, his life is more important.

TRH
11-28-2011, 10:17 AM
The problem now for the Steelers is the number of concussions Troy has sustained and the frequency of reoccurring concussions. They are starting to happen with greater frequency and as much as I want and love to have him on the field, his life is more important.

exactly. Alot of people dont' understand that a recurring number of concussions can keep a player out of the game longer than a "broken bone" injury, if not end careers.
Its very concerning at this point.

OX1947
11-28-2011, 11:31 AM
I have already conditioned my mind that Troy could retire early. The mans game is lethal to those he hits and himself.

tanda10506
11-28-2011, 11:36 AM
Couldn't find much info on it, how many concusions has he had?

Merchant
11-28-2011, 02:58 PM
Troy seriously is a maniac. He blew away a 290 pound lineman and knocked himself out. The man only knows one gear.

I was watching the game with my buddy who doesn't follow football whatsoever. Since I'm a rabid Steelers fan and I know what Troy is capable of I wasn't really surprised by the play and I didn't say anything. My friend on the other hand was in disbelief right after the hit.. "That long-haired guy just made a 290 pound dude flip and spin in the air."

It was a pretty amazing play, even though it ended up in Troy having to sit out the rest of the game. But it just made me think about how many of us don't really stop and marvel over Troy anymore.. we're just sort of expecting him to do something jaw-dropping on a regular basis. And when he does do it, we're not really shocked.

Rick5895
11-28-2011, 08:01 PM
Well we better think safety in the next draft. Even if it means trading up in the 1st round.

DanRooney
11-28-2011, 11:04 PM
Blown out of proportion. He was conscious the entire time. Watch the replay. He just got his head rattled a bit. He'll be fine.

Danny136200
11-28-2011, 11:12 PM

He has had a history of concussions since he was playing in high school; Troy has to be careful and be cautious himself, he has to play alot smarter and not risk his career and life for one play.

PhantomJB93
11-28-2011, 11:33 PM
Just our luck, Sidney Crosby finally comes back and we potentially lose a different key superstar to a concussion...

rondisco
11-29-2011, 05:57 AM
although most have never been documented, Troy has had over 30 concussions, dating back to high school. trust me, i know. he had several undocumented concussions at usc and has had many more with the steelers. in some cases, Troy will be dazed to the point that he is obviously concussed; however, in most cases, Troy will get concussions and play through them. this is not uncommon among hall-of-fame head bangers like Troy. let's just say that Troy and Clark have a special arrangement. Clark is familiar with Troy's concussion frequency so when Troy endures a "less visible concussion" he simply tells Clark to "line him up." Clark will then direct Troy to his duties until Troy regains awareness; sometimes it will take Troy a play or two to gain awareness, other times it may take him an entire series. sometimes after games are played, Troy will literally have no recollection of any of the details of the game. reflecting back on his career, he will have many ghost games.

theplatypus
11-29-2011, 09:02 AM
Blown out of proportion. He was conscious the entire time. Watch the replay. He just got his head rattled a bit. He'll be fine.

When did consciousness or the lack their of become an indicator of a concussion?

DanRooney
11-29-2011, 09:27 AM
When did consciousness or the lack their of become an indicator of a concussion?

If he was actually knocked out, I think that would indicate a more severe concussion. At least in my opinion, but hey I'm no doctor. He'll be fine. He's more of a man than Crosby.

steelfury02
11-29-2011, 09:30 AM
Troy has a healthy perspective so far as what I've heard from him on interviews regarding the physicality and dangers of playing professional football

He's already stated that he wouldn't be around for long and when he signed his new contract his first reaction was "Proud to finish out my career with my brothers and retire a Steeler"

He will always only play one way and that is at full tilt and believes that when you become a professional football player, these are the risks associated. He is pro player safety w/associated in-game penalties but obviously not pro fines via Fuhrer Goodell.

The guy will honor his contract as long as he can, but I wouldn't be shocked either to see him retire immediately after a third ring either - there are so many things he wants to do besides football. His facebook page is a shining example of the type of person he is. Now that I'm done with my man-crush for the day I'll just say that we need to keep winning and get healthy at the same time.

If he is out we are finished. And yes, I agree - time to be thinking about someone to groom behind him :(