PDA

View Full Version : Playing down to you opponent

Curtain_of_Steel
11-28-2011, 08:53 AM
That is always the biggest issue.

This was not a missing Troy issue. Not a missing Woodley issue. This was poor game planning, and poor motivatin by the coaching staff. Steelers regardless must get the opponets to back off the blitz. Only way is start out passing and march down the field. Regardless of how crappy the run def is.

It was stated. Ben is blitzed 44% of the time. Pass the dam ball to get them to back off, than mix it up. Mix in no huddles, I do not think we did that once.

Chiefs absolutely suck, fortunately we didn't suck as bad, but that was one ugly win. No one in that organization should be happy with that win.

1 sack on the QB?
Minimal pressure, luckily he was color blind and his WR's couldnt run routes.
No run game with the Chiefs at all.
Ben hit repeatedly
Stupid penalties
Pregame BS
WR's dropping balls
:banging: :banging: :banging: :banging:

Ward should've played more late in key positions as he can get open when needed. Why start the guy after you kick him in the balls? Very stupid the way this organization has handled that.

Play like this next week and the Bengals will kick our A$$

Bill Cowher's Jaw
11-28-2011, 09:05 AM
Yeah the Steelers do this every year and it's so pathetic that last night I texted all my friends who gamble and implored them to bet on Kansas City because I was positive they'd cover the spread.

The week 16 game against St. Louis should be a nail-biter.

Curtain_of_Steel
11-28-2011, 09:09 AM
Well at least Bradford will look good for 1 game this year.

Steelerfreak58
11-28-2011, 11:28 AM
I am used to it. A few of my buddies were talking about how the Steelers should crush KC this week and I told them flat out NOPE it will come down to the last few plays of the game.

I expect it now.

Arians cannot call a quality 60 minutes of offense if his life depended on it.

Fire Arians
11-28-2011, 11:34 AM
my brother is a chiefs fan, and when we watched the game, he predicted the steelers would blow them out. I was like 'I don't know, I'm expecting a close game.', and I was right unfortunately

I know most teams are rusty coming out of the bye, and I expected that. Glad we could escape with a win though.

OX1947
11-28-2011, 12:02 PM
I honestly think if they had a record of teams in the NFL vs the point spread, I have no doubt in my mind the Steelers would be the worst team in football that doesn't cover the spread.

Sixburgher
11-28-2011, 12:04 PM
I honestly think if they had a record of teams in the NFL vs the point spread, I have no doubt in my mind the Steelers would be the worst team in football that doesn't cover the spread.

Gee, hope that doesn't figure into any tiebreaker scenarios.

Curtain_of_Steel
11-28-2011, 12:09 PM
Goodell eliminated the point spread tie breaker system this year. Along with tacklin gyour oppoent, all the fun is now gone, lol