PDA

View Full Version : Time to make a statement

tburhans
11-28-2011, 04:39 PM
With last night nail biting win over the chiefs, we look like a team thats going to back into the playoffs and be one and done. I know a win is a win and that we have a history of playing down to our competition, but if there was ever a time to make a statement its this week against Cincy. We need a complete dominating win over them to send a message to the AFC that Pitt is a team to be reckoned with whether we get a wild card or win the division. Lets get troy and woodley back on defense an shut down the rookie dalton, and air it out on offense against the bengals secondary playing without leon hall. We need a performance like we had against tennessee earlier with ben throwing 5td's and totally tearing up a team.:tt04:

Ricco Suavez
11-28-2011, 04:52 PM
As for myself I would like a win first and to see this team gather some momentum heading into the playoffs. Steelers rarely "blowout" their opponents. Their best games are usually around a 7-13 point margin, with most either holding on for dear life or come from behind late to win.

harrison'samonster
11-28-2011, 07:09 PM
I understand what you're saying, but I would settle for wins that look terrible.

tburhans
11-28-2011, 09:29 PM
i know a win is a win, but letting teams hang around is going to bite us one of these days. But as long as we win im happy. just wish we could be efficient in the red zone. Especially if we end up having to play quarterbacks like rodgers or brady we need td's and not fg's

madtowndrunkard
11-28-2011, 09:40 PM
Come playoff time you probably aren't going to win too many games playing "ugly" You have to earn those victories. Don't expect the opponent's QB to hit our corners in the chest with many passes or botch the Center / QB exchange.

MasterOfPuppets
11-28-2011, 10:17 PM
watching the steelers reminds me of myself in school ... capable of doing more...but do just enough to get by...:chuckle:

steelfury02
11-29-2011, 10:29 AM
Look what we are able to do with just Woodley in v. Patriots and a half-good game plan on offense.

If we have a healthy Woodley, Troy, and Harrison and an efficient Red Zone offense we can beat anyone, anywhere, anytime

queeg
11-29-2011, 11:36 AM
watching the steelers reminds me of myself in school ... capable of doing more...but do just enough to get by...:chuckle:

Public school gives one no reason to want to exist!

Lumping clods, nerds, princesses, frogs, jocks, enviros in one class results in nothing much!

UltimateBengal
11-29-2011, 11:51 AM
I didn't have high hopes for the first game against you guys, because it was Dalton's first go 'round vs. LeBeau's D. This time around however, I actually non only expect the Bengals to play well, but to get a win. For whatever reason, we always seem to play you guys better on your turf. Having Green back and giving Dalton a second bite at the apple gives me reason for optimism. Who know's though? We'll see what happens Sunday. Here's to a great game and hoping there are no major injuries!!!:drink:

steelfury02
11-29-2011, 11:56 AM
:drink:I'll drink to that

Minus the whole Bengals winning part of course:flap:

The Bengals are very capable of ending any outside hope for division title

UltimateBengal
11-29-2011, 12:00 PM
:drink:I'll drink to that

Minus the whole Bengals winning part of course:flap:

The Bengals are very capable of ending any outside hope for division title

Should be a great game, no matter who wins! I'm hoping that Marvin can continue to build on this talented young team and we can be in the discussion with you guys and the Ravens every year. As for the Brownies...:doh:

Fire Arians
11-29-2011, 12:33 PM
I didn't have high hopes for the first game against you guys, because it was Dalton's first go 'round vs. LeBeau's D. This time around however, I actually non only expect the Bengals to play well, but to get a win. For whatever reason, we always seem to play you guys better on your turf. Having Green back and giving Dalton a second bite at the apple gives me reason for optimism. Who know's though? We'll see what happens Sunday. Here's to a great game and hoping there are no major injuries!!!:drink:

the bengals game actually has me more worried than going to san francisco and coming out of there with a win. they actually have an offense capable of doing damage

that and dalton gained experience against real defenses in the past month, he will only get more comfortable facing them again. It'll be a fight sunday.

UltimateBengal
11-29-2011, 02:50 PM
the bengals game actually has me more worried than going to san francisco and coming out of there with a win. they actually have an offense capable of doing damage

that and dalton gained experience against real defenses in the past month, he will only get more comfortable facing them again. It'll be a fight sunday.

Dalton has been unreal is the way he learns, make adjustments and grows a an NFL QB. But, he still has to face that LeBeau D. We'll see how much he learned from the first game. Having Green should help a lot!!! Should be a fun game to watch for both sides. I don't know who wins, but I bet it'll be entertaining!:popcorn:

MasterOfPuppets
11-30-2011, 11:37 PM

Lumping clods, nerds, princesses, frogs, jocks, enviros in one class results in nothing much!
shut yer queef hole dingleberry ...your post is regrettable at best ... support your school..:tt02:

PhantomJB93
11-30-2011, 11:58 PM
I dont think we need to make any statement. Nobody's opinion of our team matters. As long as we keep winning and don't pull a 2009, I don't care if we win every regular season game 3-0. We just need to be ready for the playoffs and be able to take care of business there as usual.

steelfury02
12-01-2011, 08:17 AM
statement or no statement - the offense has played 2 impressive games out of 11, so eventually, in the playoffs, the reoccuring red zone problems could catch up with us.

I'm first in line to say this team has a history of turning up the intensity in the playoffs and has risen to the occasion, doing things it wasn't able to do in the regular season so we'll see - but, I think a lot of us would just love to see a domination of a playoff-caliber team via offensive explosion - just for once :chuckle:

EDIT: A win is indeed a win, but I'd rather see us beat some people up on our way to a playoff spot, instead of still having to talk about the offense looking inept, yet again

SteelCityMom
12-01-2011, 09:38 AM

Obviously...

:doh:

SteelCityMom
12-01-2011, 09:45 AM
statement or no statement - the offense has played 2 impressive games out of 11, so eventually, in the playoffs, the reoccuring red zone problems could catch up with us.

I'm first in line to say this team has a history of turning up the intensity in the playoffs and has risen to the occasion, doing things it wasn't able to do in the regular season so we'll see - but, I think a lot of us would just love to see a domination of a playoff-caliber team via offensive explosion - just for once :chuckle:

EDIT: A win is indeed a win, but I'd rather see us beat some people up on our way to a playoff spot, instead of still having to talk about the offense looking inept, yet again

I agree...and like you said, it's a recurring problem with the offense in the regular season. I honestly think they just do better (for the most part) when they have to go through this shit to get to the playoffs though. Not sure how to explain it, but I don't think they'd do as well if they just breezed through the regular season and into the playoffs.

Something else that frustrates me is that it seems nearly impossible to have the offense and defense play superb games at the same time. It always seems like one or the other (admittedly it's usually the offense) is playing mediocre or very poor ball. I just want to see both sides clicking at the same time and just crush the hell out of someone.

Goldsteel86
12-01-2011, 10:39 AM
Dalton has been unreal is the way he learns, make adjustments and grows a an NFL QB. But, he still has to face that LeBeau D. We'll see how much he learned from the first game. Having Green should help a lot!!! Should be a fun game to watch for both sides. I don't know who wins, but I bet it'll be entertaining!:popcorn:

Dalton is a "one of a kind find", however, what will it be like if Woodley plays and he has it from both ends???? Now consider this, Dalton was in Cincy for the first meeting, he is a rookie and has never experienced the "Burgh". I truly expect Dalton to be successful in the future (just as he was at TCU), just not this weekend, not in the "Burgh" and not against book end pass rushers!:tt04::tt02::tt::tt03:

steelfury02
12-01-2011, 02:27 PM
While I think it will be close, the possibility of having Woodley, Harrison and Troy on the field at the same time brings me some much needed comfort - like eating raw cookie dough.

Raw cookie dough . . . insert Homer Simpson salivating noise here

LVSteelersfan
12-01-2011, 05:35 PM
Bungles go down hard. Unfortunately their upcoming losses to the Steelers and Ratbirds are going to knock them out of playoff contention and put a crappy team like the Jets or Broncos into that last wild card spot. I predict the Bungles finish 10-6 and lose the tiebreaker for the 6th seed in the AFC. If they squeak in rookies don't tend to do well in the pressure of the playoffs.