PDA

View Full Version : Santonio Arrested & Charged...Again

CowherLover
06-19-2006, 07:44 AM
Go ahead and let the bashing begin, but the guy never had these issues while he was at Ohio State. I woke up to this news, he's been arrested and charged with domestic violence charges. I guess the good news for him is the Bengals will be needing a receiver soon. This S U C K S!!!!!!!!!!!!

MattsMe
06-19-2006, 07:45 AM
Oh boy...

http://www.ohio.com/mld/beaconjournal/news/state/14853227.htm

CowherLover
06-19-2006, 07:51 AM
I just don't get it! It's a good thing we have good depth without him and we'll save that much more money.... who am I kidding, he needs his a$$ kicked! There's no way he'll make it onto our team.

silver & black
06-19-2006, 08:09 AM
Go ahead and let the bashing begin, but the guy never had these issues while he was at Ohio State. I woke up to this news, he's been arrested and charged with domestic violence charges. I guess the good news for him is the Bengals will be needing a receiver soon. This S U C K S!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, that does suck.

I'm a Buckey fan, so I was happy to see him go to a team that I liked. I was/am really pulling for him to do well with the Steelers.

I hope he gets his s**t togeather, and turns out to do great things with the Steelers. If not, he only has himself to blame... the table is set for him to have a great life and career. Lets hope he takes advantage of the opportunity.

Big D
06-19-2006, 08:28 AM
I'm going to get bashed for saying this but the steelers should have never traded up to get this guy. I thought this was a bad move from the get go. Last time we had a reciever like this was plexico. We paid to much for him and I hope they have language in his contract regarding his charactor

CowherLover
06-19-2006, 08:31 AM
I'm going to get bashed for saying this but the steelers should have never traded up to get this guy. I thought this was a bad move from the get go. Last time we had a reciever like this was plexico. We paid to much for him and I hope they have language in his contract regarding his charactor
He doesn't have a contract yet, if I'm not mistaken. I completely agree that character should be a large factor in contracts. When is the last time this happened with us and a draft pick? I can't even think of any precedents in this situations.

Suitanim
06-19-2006, 08:58 AM
Fool me once...

Big D
06-19-2006, 09:11 AM
i know he hasnt signed a contract yet . What i was saying is he is going to and the steelers should have a very incentive based contract. It would suck if we had to take a cap hit and cut this guy

Large_Ant
06-19-2006, 10:54 AM
I just don't get it! It's a good thing we have good depth without him and we'll save that much more money.... who am I kidding, he needs his a$$ kicked! There's no way he'll make it onto our team.
No way he'll make it onto the team? Once he starts playing, you'll forget all about this stuff. No way he doesn't make the team. He's a first rounder. He could have two more arrests and there's still no way they cut him in the first year.

Big D
06-19-2006, 10:58 AM
No way he'll make it onto the team? Once he starts playing, you'll forget all about this stuff. No way he doesn't make the team. He's a first rounder. He could have two more arrests and there's still no way they cut him in the first year.
I agree with this. You arent going to let your first round pick go before he even steps onto the field. This will be a two year project whether it works or not

CowherLover
06-19-2006, 11:28 AM
This charge was serious enough that he was arrested IN Columbus for what took place in Florida. I honestly don't have any clue how this may proceed, that's why I asked if there was any precedent in recent memory in the Steeler Organization. We've all seen what other teams opt to do but that doesn't necessarily mean that's what will happen here. I have stated my feelings toward this guy based on what I've seen in his 3 years here, I would like nothing more than for this to go away and for him to be able to wear the Black and Gold. Just not at the expense of the standard that's been set by all of the other great players that came before him.

Big D
06-19-2006, 11:50 AM
This charge was serious enough that he was arrested IN Columbus for what took place in Florida. I honestly don't have any clue how this may proceed, that's why I asked if there was any precedent in recent memory in the Steeler Organization. We've all seen what other teams opt to do but that doesn't necessarily mean that's what will happen here. I have stated my feelings toward this guy based on what I've seen in his 3 years here, I would like nothing more than for this to go away and for him to be able to wear the Black and Gold. Just not at the expense of the standard that's been set by all of the other great players that came before him.
that is actually incorrect this arrest took place in columbus because thats where the incident happen

Ohio Steeler
06-19-2006, 11:54 AM
ok guys lets not jump to conclusions yet lets wait and saee what happens Tuesday when he goes to court..

CowherLover
06-19-2006, 12:59 PM
that is actually incorrect this arrest took place in columbus because thats where the incident happen
My bad, I heard the incorrect info on local news and ESPN clarified where it happened. I know there are a few Buckeye fans on here also, and it sucks for the University too.

CantStop85
06-19-2006, 02:17 PM
Chris Henry 4 - Santonio Holmes 2

Santonio is making a furious comeback late in training camp.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-19-2006, 02:21 PM
Chris Henry 4 - Santonio Holmes 2

Santonio is making a furious comeback late in training camp.

Holme's is worse since he hasn't even signed a contract or stepped on a NFL field. yet.:dang: I wanted this guy. Now its looking like he is a tool.

Big D
06-19-2006, 02:23 PM
next thing you know he will be buying marcus vicks 15 yr old girlfriend beer

Indy_Steelers
06-19-2006, 03:20 PM
he needs to go if he is guilty and cincy can have him. this will hurt his ability to get the contract he wants.

Mamaduck43
06-19-2006, 03:26 PM
Innocent until proven guilty should be considered here..... It could be that this woman has visions of $$$ in her head about what she could get from him now that he is a 'big moneymaking professional football player'....... In no way do I condone domestic violence - - but we shouldn't hang this man until the facts of the case are known.....

But I also think that his days in his favorite team's colors may be limited if he doesn't clean up his act.... He seems to be making a habit of showing up in the wrong place at the wrong time.....

tony hipchest
06-19-2006, 03:47 PM
Innocent until proven guilty should be considered here..... It could be that this woman has visions of $$$ in her head about what she could get from him now that he is a 'big moneymaking professional football player'....... In no way do I condone domestic violence - - but we shouldn't hang this man until the facts of the case are known.....

my thoughts exactly. how soon do these babies mommas show up at his step demanding thousands of dollars/ month/ kid in child support, not realizing he isnt even under contract yet.

Cape Cod Steel Head
06-19-2006, 04:15 PM
my thoughts exactly. how soon do these babies mommas show up at his step demanding thousands of dollars/ month/ kid in child support, not realizing he isnt even under contract yet.Well maybe he should have wrapped his weasel before fathering three children with limited means of supporting them.

Big D
06-19-2006, 04:21 PM
very good point

Big D
06-19-2006, 04:46 PM
very good point

tony hipchest
06-19-2006, 05:29 PM
Well maybe he should have wrapped his weasel before fathering three children with limited means of supporting them.do you want a team of monks from a monastery or football players?

BB2W
06-19-2006, 05:40 PM
Baby Mama drama... :pity:

Cape Cod Steel Head
06-19-2006, 06:18 PM
do you want a team of monks from a monastery or football players?No just smart players who make wise decisions on and off the field!

tony hipchest
06-19-2006, 06:51 PM
No just smart players who make wise decisions on and off the field!

yeah, i want the steelers to have perfect ownership, coaching, drafts, players, seasons where they go 16-0 and win the super bowl every year, too

MattsMe
06-19-2006, 07:49 PM
yeah, i want the steelers to have perfect ownership, coaching, drafts, players, seasons where they go 16-0 and win the super bowl every year, too

I don't think that's too much to ask. :cool:

tony hipchest
06-19-2006, 07:56 PM
I don't think that's too much to ask. :cool: other than the undefeated seasons it was pretty much the norm in the 70's.

SteelCityMan786
06-19-2006, 08:51 PM

Unless found not guilty, his A$$ is cooked.

DIESELMAN
06-19-2006, 09:22 PM
Let the smoke clear and the dust settle and let Santonio give his side of it to Cowher and see how the FO handle it. Ultimately thats whats going to happen anyways....Good thing some of us have no say in the Steelers decision making.....:helmet:

Black@Gold Forever32
06-19-2006, 09:29 PM
Let the smoke clear and the dust settle and let Santonio give his side of it to Cowher and see how the FO handle it. Ultimately thats whats going to happen anyways....Good thing some of us have no say in the Steelers decision making.....:helmet:

Very good point DIESELMAN. I don't want to bury this kid yet. I'm all for second chances. But I also think 3 strikes and your out. With two arrests thats two strikes.

tony hipchest
06-19-2006, 10:24 PM
Let the smoke clear and the dust settle and let Santonio give his side of it to Cowher and see how the FO handle it. Ultimately thats whats going to happen anyways....Good thing some of us have no say in the Steelers decision making.....:helmet: i agree. by the outpouring reaction, im beginning to think the only human capable of playing for the steelers is Jesus himself.

now im not defending holmes actions. he seems pretty stupid and self consumed at this point. but everyone knew that wide receivers are the primadonnas of the nfl. especially when the 1st wr is drafted by the defending sb champs. of course holmes is gonna think he is Gods gift and savior of a storied franchise in impending demise (please mind the sarcasm).

im beginning to think we are better off dumping him for a 3rd (w. reid) or 4th rounder. theres no way this kid has a shot of succeeding here now. the 1st time he drops a pass he will be boo'd beyond belief. the way he will be treated by the fans, he wont even wanna play in the 'burgh. he's ruined, but can probably go on to any other town and have a productive and incident free career (doubtful but definitely possible)

with all the talk of how the steelers rarely make draft day mistakes, id hate to see them jump the gun and be so quick to piss away a 1st round pick that they traded up to get.

Ambridge
06-19-2006, 11:11 PM
with all the talk of how the steelers rarely make draft day mistakes, id hate to see them jump the gun and be so quick to piss away a 1st round pick that they traded up to get.

Hey! Even the best miners strike Fools Gold every once in a while.

3 to be 4
06-19-2006, 11:34 PM
[QUOTE=tony hipchest]i agree. by the outpouring reaction, im beginning to think the only human capable of playing for the steelers is Jesus himself.

No, Tony. Steeler fans might question his ability to "take a hit"

BlacknGold Bleeder
06-19-2006, 11:38 PM
Let's just hope he doesn't dig himself to big of a hole... there are always 2 sides to a story... like what better way to increase your child support....

tony hipchest
06-19-2006, 11:40 PM
[

No, Tony. Steeler fans might question his ability to "take a hit" well, Jesus got nailed 3 times in one day and was better for the wear in 3 days. carson got nailed once......

we'll see.

3 to be 4
06-19-2006, 11:50 PM
[QUOTE=tony hipchest]i agree. by the outpouring reaction, im beginning to think the only human capable of playing for the steelers is Jesus himself.

No, Tony. Steeler fans might question his ability to "take a hit"

let me make this clear Steelersgirl,

no, this isnt making fun of Jesus

tony hipchest
06-20-2006, 12:09 AM
Hey! Even the best miners strike Fools Gold every once in a while. like every time they draft a reciever in the 1st round? i hope santonio is the exception to the rule, but at this point i think he is more ruined than kordell.

the fans will NEVER embrace him. which means hes about as valuable as fred gibson or alonzo jackson.

SteelShooter
06-20-2006, 12:10 AM
I really do not know what to actually make of all of this. All I do know is that I hope he cleans up his act and flies Straight and True from here on out.....and becomes a Great Steeler!

MattsMe
06-20-2006, 12:11 AM
the fans will NEVER embrace him.

I would embrace him, but I'm too afraid it would get me knocked up.

Livinginthe past
06-20-2006, 09:55 AM
Wow this is turning into a crazy offseason for the Steelers.

I guess we should wait until all the facts are out, but if he is found guilty of assaulting a woman then it doesn't bode well for his potential career as a Steeler.

It will be interesting to see how Cowher and the Steelers FO handle this situation, especially if he is convicted - and how Steeler fans react to him if he stats with the teams despite his conviction for a despicable crime.

NM

Steel12
06-20-2006, 10:16 AM
Wow this is turning into a crazy offseason for the Steelers.

I guess we should wait until all the facts are out, but if he is found guilty of assaulting a woman then it doesn't bode well for his potential career as a Steeler.

It will be interesting to see how Cowher and the Steelers FO handle this situation, especially if he is convicted - and how Steeler fans react to him if he stats with the teams despite his conviction for a despicable crime.

NM

I'm sure he will change once he sees that it's goin to hurt his pockets. I think he'll be a Steeler for a while, conviction or not.

ARKIESTEEL
06-20-2006, 10:26 AM
The Steeler dont have much love for hoods ex; Bam Morris Eric Green and others who had talent seem to go away after they are found to have problems

Big D
06-20-2006, 11:19 AM
The Steeler dont have much love for hoods ex; Bam Morris Eric Green and others who had talent seem to go away after they are found to have problems
thats very true