PDA

View Full Version : Santonio Holmes charged with domestic violence

Atlanta Dan
06-19-2006, 06:55 AM
Steelers wide receiver Santonio Holmes was charged with domestic violence early today, police said.

Holmes was arrested at an apartment just after midnight and taken to Franklin County Jail, Sgt. Loucious Hollis said. He is scheduled to appear in court tomorrow morning.

Hollis confirmed the domestic violence charge against Holmes, but declined to say who made the complaint or provide details of the allegation

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06170/699466-100.stm

Uh-oh -may have a real problem with this guy. South Beach may have just been a crowd control issue with the cops but domestic violence is serious business

MattsMe
06-19-2006, 06:57 AM
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=8042

Atlanta Dan
06-19-2006, 06:59 AM
My bad -please delete this duplicate thread

83-Steelers-43
06-19-2006, 07:14 AM
First arrest for DC............I let it slide. Young, dumb and a very minor charge.

Second arrest for domestic violence......I'm starting to think this guy is a bum. That's if he did it.

section514
06-19-2006, 07:26 AM
he looks like plaxico, and now he is acting like plax
http://images.ibsys.com/2000/0720/35910_200X150.jpghttp://www.draftshowcase.com/SantonioHolmes.jpg

Ambridge
06-19-2006, 07:30 AM
I went on the record immediately on draft day saying that I didn't like the Steelers drafting Holmes.........after listening to the arguements of what this guy could do for the Steelers I warmed up to his selection.
Well, after two arrests and this is before he's ever put on a Steeler uniform, I'm going back to my gut feeling opinion that this guy is a bust/wasted draft pick.

The only thing good about this whole deal is that he's killing his negotiations for his contract.

Atlanta Dan
06-19-2006, 07:37 AM
First arrest for DC............I let it slide. Young, dumb and a very minor charge.

Second arrest for domestic violence......I'm starting to think this guy is a bum. That's if he did it.

As a Duke alum, I am a bit more cynical about charges of sexual assault and domestic violence than I was prior to what now appear to be bogus charges being brought against the lacrosse players. I do not know if something illegal did or did not happen, but I now wait for facts to be disclosed.

Howver, even if Holmes is clean on this he needs to figure out real quick that he needs to quit putting himself in situations where these types of incidents can occur.

As was the case with Ben and the motorcycle, this is where the player's agent needs to earn his pay by counseling a young man with far more money than sense to act responsibly.

HometownGal
06-19-2006, 07:47 AM
As a Duke alum, I am a bit more cynical about charges of sexual assault and domestic violence than I was prior to what now appear to be bogus charges being brought against the lacrosse players. I do not know if something illegal did or did not happen, but I now wait for facts to be disclosed.

Howver, even if Holmes is clean on this he needs to figure out real quick that he needs to quit putting himself in situations where these types of incidents can occur.

As was the case with Ben and the motorcycle, this is where the player's agent needs to earn his pay by counseling a young man with far more money than sense to act responsibly.

Good post Atlanta Dan.

I want to hear more details before commenting. I'm sure Cowher's chin is in overdrive right about now.

Big D
06-19-2006, 07:48 AM
cowher was just on mike and mike and wouldnt comment on holmes right now

Big D
06-19-2006, 07:50 AM
however when holmes was arrested that last time we all know what cowhers comments were. The steelers dont like to have criminals on there team as we all know. We arent the bengals and the steeler model has been built as a very classy organization. What I recomend is giving holmes a very incentive based contract so if he does start turning into chris henry which he is only one arrest away then we wont take such a cap hit by cutting or trading him

83-Steelers-43
06-19-2006, 07:53 AM

I agree completely with that statement. No doubt, the details to this story are very vague at this point in time.

LuckyNumber7
06-19-2006, 07:55 AM
This has not been a good offseason for our Steelers. Memorial Day- Santonio Holmes arrested in Florida for disorderly conducty. June 12- Ben Roethlisberger nearly killed in a motorcycle accident. June 19- Santonio Holmes arrested and charged with domestic violence and is going to court. Not to mention all of the big name players that we lost this offseason (Kimo, Randle El, Hope)

I wish the Giants would have just taken Santonio Holmes because I think Holmes and Plaxiglass would make a perfect pairing. :sofunny:

It is just very disappointing, Holmes is not starting out on a good foot with the fans, let alone Cowher and the team.

*LN7*

Big D
06-19-2006, 07:57 AM
I think this is going to be a nightmare situation between holmes and cowher. For some reason I dont see this guy in a steeler uniform longer then a couple years

section514
06-19-2006, 08:13 AM
DVE made a good point this morning, how does a guy like Santonio, who has like 100 kids, get into trouble on Father's Day, unless too many baby's mommas came over who weren't his baby's mommas. It should have been like Christmas Day for him.

Big D
06-19-2006, 08:14 AM
maybe he spent the day drinking with the other super dad shawn kemp came home drunk and decided to slap his girl around

stlrtruck
06-19-2006, 08:50 AM
Let's face it, right now the youngster isn't putting himself in good situations. Regardless of if he did it or not, he's got to realize that he's on a team that's in the media spotlight. Any hick-up is going to be recorded and put under a micro-scope (guilty or not).
If he hasn't seen Cowher's chin up close, I'm sure that if he doesn't pull his head out of his butt, he's going to see it real good at the start of training camp!!!!!

Wise up young-yun before you find yourself suffering on a championship-wanna-be-team like Cleveland!

GoFor6
06-19-2006, 09:47 AM
I can hear the Bungle fans now. "At least Chris Henry has 2 more touchdowns than arrests."

My hope is for an immediate apologize and that he gets into a few programs for drinking and violence.

Big D
06-19-2006, 09:56 AM
I think I speak for everybody when i say i dont want to hear excuses from this guy or even a apology. I want him to get his head out of his ass and concentrate on football

Atlanta Dan
06-19-2006, 09:56 AM
I can hear the Bungle fans now. "At least Chris Henry has 2 more touchdowns than arrests."

My hope is for an immediate apologize and that he gets into a few programs for drinking and violence.

I believe a sit down by our #1 draft choice with Mr. Porter and Mr. Ward regarding how to conduct yourself now that school days are over also might help (of course our starting QB also might benefit from participating in a similar discussion).

I know Cowher will not wait for an invite from Holmes - Cowher is going to be in this guy's face to straighten up right now.

SteelerFanInCA
06-19-2006, 10:42 AM
If the charge are true, then what a frickin dumb ass. We just might have to ship this guy over to the ratbirds.

RichmondVA
06-19-2006, 10:51 AM
however when holmes was arrested that last time we all know what cowhers comments were. The steelers dont like to have criminals on there team as we all know. We arent the bengals and the steeler model has been built as a very classy organization. What I recomend is giving holmes a very incentive based contract so if he does start turning into chris henry which he is only one arrest away then we wont take such a cap hit by cutting or trading him

I think Henry has 4 arrests this off season. As a veteran, Henry has been in "the off season" longer than Holmes this year, but Holmes has been closing the gap quickly.

Big D
06-19-2006, 10:53 AM
either way this isnt the kind of publicity the steelers need going into the preseason. I would much rather be talking about repeating then talking about bens accident or jail bird holmes

stlrtruck
06-19-2006, 12:09 PM
If the charge are true, then what a frickin dumb ass. We just might have to ship this guy over to the ratbirds.

You can only go to the ratbirds if you kill someone (aka Ray Ray) :boxing: . So therefore, he has to be shipped to the clowns. :dang: :chair:

Big D
06-19-2006, 12:11 PM
You can only go to the ratbirds if you kill someone (aka Ray Ray) :boxing: . So therefore, he has to be shipped to the clowns. :dang: :chair:
you forgot you are allowed to be a raven if you are a drug dealer as well

Black@Gold Forever32
06-19-2006, 12:18 PM
either way this isnt the kind of publicity the steelers need going into the preseason. I would much rather be talking about repeating then talking about bens accident or jail bird holmes

Man, so right. The season can't start fast enough. Arrests, accidents, Joey trash talking the Prez and Hines Ward's comments has turned this into an interesting offseason. Never a dull moment a I guess. But all this crap can either bring the Steelers together as a team or be to much of a distraction and destroy the team.

I think this unit is to close of a team to let that happen. They just have to keep that focus that they had late in the year and in the playoffs. Now with Holme's latest arrest I'm having my doubts that we can rely on this guy. I hope Nate Washington since I think he will be the number 3 if Holmes doesn't get his act together. Morgan is still in the folds as well.

Blitzburgh55
06-19-2006, 12:22 PM
Why did the steelers draft somone from ohio state:dang:

Big D
06-19-2006, 12:22 PM
Man, so right. The season can't start fast enough. Arrests, accidents, Joey trash talking the Prez and Hines Ward's comments has turned this into an interesting offseason. Never a dull moment a I guess. But all this crap can either bring the Steelers together as a team or be to much of a distraction and destroy the team.

I think this unit is to close of a team to let that happen. They just have to keep that focus that they had late in the year and in the playoffs. Now with Holme's latest arrest I'm having my doubts that we can rely on this guy. I hope Nate Washington since I think he will be the number 3 if Holmes doesn't get his act together. Morgan is still in the folds as well.
True. But if memory serves me right morgan has had some charactor problems as well. So now do we face the fact of a torn locker room. That certain cancers on the team will divide the locker rooom

Black@Gold Forever32
06-19-2006, 12:27 PM
True. But if memory serves me right morgan has had some charactor problems as well. So now do we face the fact of a torn locker room. That certain cancers on the team will divide the locker rooom

But I have never heard of Morgan being arrested or have heard anything negative about him in some time. So Morgan might have gotten his act together.

TheTruestBlackGoldFan
06-19-2006, 12:27 PM
This kid is really starting to piss me off. Why would you do this? You don't have a contract yet and your messing with the Steelers. If the Steelers organiation thought that this would carry on we would find another reciver we have plenty of suitable recivers on the roster maybe not with his skill but they certantly dont have charecter issues. He is an OHIO State Buckeye and the Bengals all seem to be having trouble...maybe its ohio atletetes who have the problems.

Maurice Clarrett :dang:
Chris Henry :dang: (looks like a raptor...watch Jurassic Park)
Santonio Holmes :kick:
A.J. Nicholson :wave:

The Best thing to do is STAY AWAY FROM OHIO TIL' FURTHER NOTICE!

Koopa
06-19-2006, 12:29 PM
there's a OSU player for you, looks like we f'ked up on picking him. should've got lendale

Big D
06-19-2006, 12:30 PM
I guess if any lessons could be learned here.. It is not to draft players from ohio state.

Haiku_Dirtt
06-19-2006, 12:44 PM
The details are getting less and less important. It is no secret about how the Steelers negotiate unless you live in a world where there in no football.

Hmmm. Buckeyes. Yeah they have football. Hmmm. Ohio. Yeah that's close to Pittsburgh.

This is why I called Holmes a disaster in the making last week. And Ambridge is right on the money. The only good news with this wasted first round pick is that dude is screwing up before the ink is dry on a contract.

He won't like the deal. He'll then feel disenfranchised. He'll hold out of camp. What's next?

And LenDale White is a Titan.

Atlanta Dan
06-19-2006, 12:45 PM
Still not certain Lendale White is any sure thing (he passed through the entire first round) but this choice is looking like a Troy Edwards sort of reach that is a disaster in the making.

According to the Columbus paper, Holmes was arrested after the mother of one of his three kids had called the cops and he then returned to the scene of the altercation.

So much for having a tranquil Fathers Day at home with the family. At least he went into custody peacefully.

Maybe Holmes has been acting out since the Steelers assigned him Kordell's old number (see photo in linked story) at mini-camp or maybe he is just a thug.

http://www.dispatch.com/football/football.php?story=193747

Big D
06-19-2006, 12:47 PM
i would be pretty insulted if somebody gave me kordells number too

Black@Gold Forever32
06-19-2006, 12:51 PM
i would be pretty insulted if somebody gave me kordells number too

At least Kordell was never arrested.

Big D
06-19-2006, 12:52 PM
you are right about that. he was always to busy playing dr with his boyfriend

Black@Gold Forever32
06-19-2006, 12:54 PM

Well that is to much info. Maybe Kordell should have been arrested for the way he played sometimes.

Atlanta Dan
06-19-2006, 12:54 PM
I guess if any lessons could be learned here.. It is not to draft players from ohio state.

A mystery to me is how someone from Belle Glade FL with this much talent and the criminal tendencies to match did not end up playing college ball for the Hurricanes.

Maybe Maurice Clarett was his host in Columbus for his on campus visit.

Big D
06-19-2006, 12:58 PM
miami even probably thought he was too much

Lyn
06-19-2006, 01:37 PM
He was good on Mother's Day but on Memorial Day Weekend he was arrested and on Father's Day. I wonder what his plans are for the 4th of July. I am not impressed with his baggage either.

Big D
06-19-2006, 01:49 PM
i can see it now.. he's going to get busted at a airport for having the whizanator

Steel12
06-19-2006, 01:53 PM
LOL @ the people who will eat their words about Santonio when the season starts...

Black@Gold Forever32
06-19-2006, 01:57 PM
LOL @ the people who will eat their words about Santonio when the season starts...

Santonio has to make it to the season first and hope he doesn't go to prison. I'm all for giving a guy a second chance. But this is strike two. Strike 3 and your out. I like Holmes but this isn't what I saw coming when we drafted him. Cowher needs to take care of business quickly in camp. Make sure the team gets the focus back that they had at the end of last year and in the playoffs.

Steel12
06-19-2006, 01:59 PM
Santonio has to make it to the season first and hope he doesn't go to prison. I'm all for giving a guy a second chance. But this is strike two. Strike 3 and your out. I like Holmes but this isn't what I saw coming when we drafted him. Cowher needs to take care of business quickly in camp. Make sure the team gets the focus back that they had at the end of last year and in the playoffs.

We don't even know if the story is true. She could be lying. Santonio isn't going anywhere...he's too talented. Minor incidents like these will stop happening. Be worried when drugs are involved.

tony hipchest
06-19-2006, 02:14 PM
i cant believe so many want to see this guy cut or traded, or whatever. i wasnt high on drafting a wr in the 1st round either, but you know what? hes a steeler now. i will give him the benefit of the doubt. i dont think any players has gotten cut by any team for their 1st DV violation. the punishment will fit the crime. the players are a unionized workforce.

with that being said, willie reid has got to be licking his chops. if you look at ben, hines, willie parker, and i. taylor, the steelers have had success with unpolished players who havent been playing the position at big schools or their their whole lives. hines was a fresh wr drafted in the 3rd round and with a little bit of time was able to beat out top 10 draft pick troy edwards. holmes better take notice and get his shit together. cause reid is probably hungry and not acting like he has arrived already.

Steel12
06-19-2006, 02:17 PM
i cant believe so many want to see this guy cut or traded, or whatever. i wasnt high on drafting a wr in the 1st round either, but you know what? hes a steeler now. i will give him the benefit of the doubt. i dont think any players has gotten cut by any team for their 1st DV violation. the punishment will fit the crime. the players are a unionized workforce.

with that being said, willie reid has got to be licking his chops. if you look at ben, hines, willie parker, and i. taylor, the steelers have had success with unpolished players who havent been playing the position at big schools or their their whole lives. hines was a fresh wr drafted in the 3rd round and with a little bit of time was able to beat out top 10 draft pick troy edwards. holmes better take notice and get his shit together. cause reid is probably hungry and not acting like he has arrived already.

Speakin of Reid...I had a chance to meet him yesterday but I didn't feel like gettin up and goin to church :(

Indy_Steelers
06-19-2006, 02:23 PM
I went on the record immediately on draft day saying that I didn't like the Steelers drafting Holmes.........after listening to the arguements of what this guy could do for the Steelers I warmed up to his selection.
Well, after two arrests and this is before he's ever put on a Steeler uniform, I'm going back to my gut feeling opinion that this guy is a bust/wasted draft pick.

The only thing good about this whole deal is that he's killing his negotiations for his contract.

Everything you said is right on the money! I felt the same way on draft day.

Avoid Lloyd
06-19-2006, 02:33 PM
It's funny how all of sudden everyone says "I've been saying he was a bad pick", even though they were loving him a month ago.

If the charge ends up being true, then I'll start to worry.

I'm not going to start calling for his head until the facts come out.

Big D
06-19-2006, 02:37 PM
I never thought this was a good pick whether it was on draft day or right now

Atlanta Dan
06-19-2006, 02:44 PM
I am not claiming I saw this sort of trouble coming on draft day and was still on board after the South Beach incident. As I said in an earlier post, I have no clue at this point what happened in Columbus yesterday. Moreover, I certainly do not want him cut (#1 picks are too valuable regardless of who you draft).

But if this guy has any sense at all (which I am beginning to doubt) he would run away from anything that looks like trouble since he already has charges pending in Miami and courts do not look kindly on subsequent misconduct.

His agent needs to get Holmes away from his posse and "domestic entanglements" (is that term politically correct enough?) before the next incident involves guns or knives

section514
06-19-2006, 02:44 PM
i am going to say this now, i'm giving him his right of innocent till proven guilty, I will not be eating my words when he is scoring TDs

Koopa
06-19-2006, 02:50 PM

i won't be eating anything, i ain't say nothing about his talent, and i don't think anyone else has either. i'm just not the type of fan that will bash a player from another team and then let a player from my team slide for doing the same thing.

stlrtruck
06-19-2006, 02:52 PM
For those who didn't read the Latest Editorials here's one on Swann. There's still hope for Holmes. It's just getting slimmer.

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/news/local/14842943.htm

section514
06-19-2006, 03:02 PM
For those who didn't read the Latest Editorials here's one on Swann. There's still hope for Holmes. It's just getting slimmer.

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/news/local/14842943.htm
everyone on here is getting way ahead of themselves. Domestic crimes are not that serious. Until we find out what exactly happened, everyone on this forum needs to calm the **** down. :monkey::poop:

tony hipchest
06-19-2006, 03:06 PM
Domestic crimes are not that serious

unless you wind up looking like a human pez dispenser (nicole brown simpson.)

Steel12
06-19-2006, 03:09 PM
i won't be eating anything, i ain't say nothing about his talent, and i don't think anyone else has either. i'm just not the type of fan that will bash a player from another team and then let a player from my team slide for doing the same thing.

But what did he do besides get ACCUSED of DV. I'm talkin about the people sayin cut him and all that other crazy talk.

Big D
06-19-2006, 03:47 PM
damn shaniqua settle down

Steel12
06-19-2006, 03:49 PM
No prob Laqueisha...

section514
06-19-2006, 03:51 PM
But what did he do besides get ACCUSED of DV. I'm talkin about the people sayin cut him and all that other crazy talk.

thats who my message was directed too, stlrtruck, I wasn't yellin at you either, i was using your post as proof that swanny turned out ok

blackngoldbaby
06-19-2006, 04:17 PM
the first incident was ok but now this its looking really bad hell be lucky if he gets to play with the steelers i know bill cower wont put up with his bull crap very long and its a shame that hes ruining it he could of been a good fit 4 the steelers but hes ruining it himself and i was looking forward too seeing him have a good progressive season this year

BB2W
06-19-2006, 04:26 PM
I thought his rap sheet would end at jaywalking... :pity:

83-Steelers-43
06-19-2006, 04:45 PM
Video clip on KDKA on incident: http://kdka.com/video/?id=17374@kdka.dayport.com

SteelProven
06-19-2006, 05:21 PM
This just lets me know the the off season is to long. I understand the NFL season is grueling and the off season is a chance for players to recoup and relax. But every year there are countless incidents that occur way to many to count. I think what hurt S. Holmes most was the fact that he had to wait till OSU's graduation to be able to join the team and the Steelers facilities. I feel if he was able to attend so of these mini-camps his arrest would have be non-exsistent. I'm not saying that that would of stop him from future mistakes, but he would of been well schooled by players, coaches and the organization. I hope S. Holmes proves to be worth the pick on the field, because off it he's proving he's not.

CowherLover
06-19-2006, 05:40 PM
there's a OSU player for you, looks like we f'ked up on picking him. should've got lendale
See, someone had to go and get Mr. Hook 'Em Horns goin,lol!

CowherLover
06-19-2006, 05:43 PM
Everyone's gotta have a hobby, right?

3 to be 4
06-19-2006, 06:37 PM
just so you all now....Tom Brady will be holding his press conference in one hour to give his perspective.

MattsMe
06-19-2006, 06:46 PM
just so you all now....Tom Brady will be holding his press conference in one hour to give his perspective.

:sofunny: It wouldn't surprise me.

Big D
06-19-2006, 06:58 PM
so we drafted holmes... anybody know when we will be signing maurice

desertsteel
06-19-2006, 07:19 PM
This kid is really starting to piss me off. Why would you do this? You don't have a contract yet and your messing with the Steelers. If the Steelers organiation thought that this would carry on we would find another reciver we have plenty of suitable recivers on the roster maybe not with his skill but they certantly dont have charecter issues. He is an OHIO State Buckeye and the Bengals all seem to be having trouble...maybe its ohio atletetes who have the problems.

Maurice Clarrett :dang:
Chris Henry :dang: (looks like a raptor...watch Jurassic Park)
Santonio Holmes :kick:
A.J. Nicholson :wave:

The Best thing to do is STAY AWAY FROM OHIO TIL' FURTHER NOTICE!Henry went to a far worse place than Ohio State --- Morganhole... West Virginia University

SteelShooter
06-19-2006, 07:42 PM
All I can say is................................Damn! :nono:

Prosdo
06-19-2006, 08:55 PM
This guy has a lot of talent and I'm looking forward to seeing him on the field. But he REALLY needs to straighten himself up off the field. The Steelers organization is one that prides itself on having players with good character. I don't think the Rooneys will put up with too much more if he keeps on this path. So straighten up Holmes!

SteelerzGirl
06-19-2006, 09:29 PM
This just lets me know the the off season is to long. I understand the NFL season is grueling and the off season is a chance for players to recoup and relax. But every year there are countless incidents that occur way to many to count. I think what hurt S. Holmes most was the fact that he had to wait till OSU's graduation to be able to join the team and the Steelers facilities. I feel if he was able to attend so of these mini-camps his arrest would have be non-exsistent. I'm not saying that that would of stop him from future mistakes, but he would of been well schooled by players, coaches and the organization. I hope S. Holmes proves to be worth the pick on the field, because off it he's proving he's not.

So are you saying that players can't control their behavior just because it's the off season and they're not in mini-camp? Geesh...

Santonio better get his shit together because the Steelers organization will not tolerate much more, I'm sure.

83-Steelers-43
06-19-2006, 09:37 PM
So are you saying that players can't control their behavior just because it's the off season and they're not in mini-camp? Geesh...

Santonio better get his shit together because the Steelers organization will not tolerate much more, I'm sure.

Thank the media once again. The same occured with Ben's accident. Every news outlet wanted to be the first to break the story (not caring about details). I'm taking the wait and see approach when dealing with this story. I would like to hear both sides of the story.

Eitherway, Santonio is going to have to realize he should not put himself in these situations (whether he did it or not). Stay clear and your chances of avoiding incidents such as these will drop. While I'm not condemning the guy or stating that he is guilty of this crime, he is raising eyebrows in Steeler nation and I'm sure in the organization as a whole. I think it's safe to say that I can't imagine Bill Cowher or the Rooney's smiling at this point in time.

SteelerzGirl
06-19-2006, 09:43 PM
I agree, 83. I'm not passing judgment on Santonio at this point either. I want to know the facts before I do that...(lol).

Ambridge
06-19-2006, 09:56 PM
Thank the media once again. The same occured with Ben's accident. Every news outlet wanted to be the first to break the story (not caring about details). I'm taking the wait and see approach when dealing with this story. I would like to hear both sides of the story.

Eitherway, Santonio is going to have to realize he should not put himself in these situations (whether he did it or not). Stay clear and your chances of avoiding incidents such as these will drop. While I'm not condemning the guy or stating that he is guilty of this crime, he is raising eyebrows in Steeler nation and I'm sure in the organization as a whole.

Santonio needs a crash course on how to start "Thinking Smart" instead of "Not Thinking".
Maybe he's the exception and will learn from his mistakes, but only time will tell.

Santonio4
06-19-2006, 10:00 PM
I like santonio (hence the screename). But he has to calm down. Its not even training camp of his rookie year and he already has been in trouble with the law twice. At Ohio State he was fine and didnt have any problems. Once he got to the pros the money went to his head and now he thinks he is above the law. He needs to sit down a re-evaluate what he is doing and he needs to get back on the right track.

BlackNGold203
06-19-2006, 10:13 PM
Just saw on KDKA....he choked her and slammed her into a wall....

I dunno...Rooneys are cringing...should prove to be an interesting contract negotiation

Steel Pit
06-19-2006, 10:24 PM
Sign his a$$ for nearly nothing or TRADE HIM!

Steel Pit
06-20-2006, 01:34 AM
I like santonio (hence the screename). But he has to calm down. Its not even training camp of his rookie year and he already has been in trouble with the law twice. At Ohio State he was fine and didnt have any problems. Once he got to the pros the money went to his head and now he thinks he is above the law. He needs to sit down a re-evaluate what he is doing and he needs to get back on the right track.

He was arrested a couple of times before he was drafted. I wouldn't say that he was "fine at Ohio State."

Steel Pit
06-20-2006, 01:47 AM
I thought that the Steelers drafted a WR in the 1st round? As it's turned out what they actually drafted was one of the "thug characters" from the video game Grand Theft Auto-"San Tonio Edition" To make matters worse, Santonio Holmes and the Bengals Chris Henry are battling for high score.

Maybe Cris "All he does is catch touchdowns" Carter can counsel him before he becomes known as Santonio "All he does is get arrested" Holmes.

DIESELMAN
06-20-2006, 05:24 AM
He was arrested a couple of times before he was drafted. I wouldn't say that he was "fine at Ohio State."
For what? Links? Anything?

Steel Pit
06-20-2006, 05:46 AM
[QUOTE=DIESELMAN]For what? Links? Anything?

Here's a link

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06171/699633-66.stm

Ohio Steeler
06-20-2006, 07:12 AM
I thought that the Steelers drafted a WR in the 1st round? As it's turned out what they actually drafted was one of the "thug characters" from the video game Grand Theft Auto-"San Tonio Edition" To make matters worse, Santonio Holmes and the Bengals Chris Henry are battling for high score.

Maybe Cris "All he does is catch touchdowns" Carter can counsel him before he becomes known as Santonio "All he does is get arrested" Holmes.

I disagree with you all the way Holmes is no thug at OSU he never got into trouble at all , besides he was cleared the 1st time and you watch he will be cleared the 2nd oh and the last time I checked you are innocent until proven guilty and he has yet to be guilty of anything...

stlrtruck
06-20-2006, 07:17 AM
thats who my message was directed too, stlrtruck, I wasn't yellin at you either, i was using your post as proof that swanny turned out ok

It's all good. I took no offense to it.

redst3
06-20-2006, 07:31 AM
Its out of character (strecthing way back to the early 70's) for the Steelers to draft a f**k up like this. Normally they are pretty careful about who they get. they unloaded Bam Morris pretty quick. Four brushes with the law in 3 years- sounds like an ******* to me.

I'm 40 and I have never been arrested.

Dump him now, he will poison the team.

Big D
06-20-2006, 07:36 AM
[QUOTE=DIESELMAN]For what? Links? Anything?

Here's a link

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06171/699633-66.stm
I would say he has a charctor issue or two

HometownGal
06-20-2006, 09:20 AM
I'm going to continue to withhold judgment on this kid until all of the facts come out, but to be honest, I smell a rat here. This woman claims that Holmes slammed her against a door, threw her to the floor and as a result, she sustained bruises, but yet, didn't go to the hospital to be checked. She also appeared at his arraignment and asked that he be released. Something seems fishy here. I'm kind of leaning towards this being similar to the accusations made against Jerome Bettis a few years back - pie eyed golddigggers who have dollar signs dancing in their heads. Personally, I think Mr. Holmes has more of a problem with keeping his pants zipped than being a habitual troublemaker. He is only 22 years old and has 3 kids? :yikes:

section514
06-20-2006, 09:24 AM
I blame it on the State of Ohio and everyone who lives there (unless they are stiller fans):smile:

CowherLover
06-20-2006, 09:39 AM
The incident from a couple of years ago was a bunch of BS. Witness' that were there for that incident said straight up that there were a couple of women getting pushed around by a guy and him and Troy Smith stepped in to stop it. That's why it didn't go any further. Believe me the NCAA was up OSU's a$$ at that time and if there was anything else they could've used against the program, they would've.
Off -Topic; Anyone notice that he cut his hair off? At least he doesn't resemble Plaxico anymore.

redst3
06-20-2006, 09:45 AM
well, he looks a little like Plax right now i would say....

redst3
06-20-2006, 09:46 AM
Cowher Lover you are right there any local scoop there in Columbus about this guy's ...er....troubles???