PDA

View Full Version : Browns looking at Vinny

Big D
06-19-2006, 09:05 AM
all I have to say is.. Hahahahahahahaha
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/1150706094242110.xml&coll=2

Suitanim
06-19-2006, 09:38 AM
I think Vinny is older than about 70% of the coaches in the NFL...

Ambridge
06-19-2006, 09:52 AM
Sounds like the same old Browns.

They had a decent veteran with Trent Dilfer on the team but they disenfranchise him from the team by not letting him at least compete for the starting job and he takes his services to San Francisco.......now they realize it might be a good thing to have a veteran QB on the roster. :doh:

steelerdude
06-19-2006, 09:54 AM
That's the Cleveland Browns for ya.

Big D
06-19-2006, 10:00 AM
rumor has it they have also asked earnest byner if he would be interested in comming back

j-dawg
06-19-2006, 11:06 AM
Sounds like the same old Browns.

They had a decent veteran with Trent Dilfer on the team but they disenfranchise him from the team by not letting him at least compete for the starting job and he takes his services to San Francisco.......now they realize it might be a good thing to have a veteran QB on the roster. :doh:

that's not true... crennel had said that the quarterback position was not decided...

this topic has been discussed before in here... i think frye is ready to lead this team, so i wasn't bummed to see dilfer go... if ken grasps the offense quick enough we'll be fine... now the 49'rs might get to watch dilfer throw passes seven feet over his intended receiver or see him miraculously throw an accurate pass only to have antonio bryant drop it.

Ohio Steeler
06-19-2006, 11:21 AM
was'nt Vinny a clown back in the 90's

Big D
06-19-2006, 11:27 AM
sure was with his boyfriend bernie kosar under the belichick era

CowherLover
06-19-2006, 11:32 AM
that's not true... crennel had said that the quarterback position was not decided...

this topic has been discussed before in here... i think frye is ready to lead this team, so i wasn't bummed to see dilfer go... if ken grasps the offense quick enough we'll be fine... now the 49'rs might get to watch dilfer throw passes seven feet over his intended receiver or see him miraculously throw an accurate pass only to have antonio bryant drop it.
As the Steelers proved last year, 2 qb's isn't always enough for the season. Let alone 2 guys that have no guidance from a veteran. It'll be interesting to see the fans' reaction if the do sign him.

Big D
06-19-2006, 11:47 AM
As the Steelers proved last year, 2 qb's isn't always enough for the season. Let alone 2 guys that have no guidance from a veteran. It'll be interesting to see the fans' reaction if the do sign him.
very good point

Ambridge
06-19-2006, 07:21 PM

I heard an interview with Dilfer on Sirius NFL Radio and he said he didn't mind being the back-up in Cleveland but that all he wanted was at least a chance to compete for the starting job.
Dilfer eluded that's why he wanted to move on with his career elsewhere.

Suitanim
06-19-2006, 07:33 PM
I heard an interview with Dilfer on Sirius NFL Radio and he said he didn't mind being the back-up in Cleveland but that all he wanted was at least a chance to compete for the starting job.
Dilfer eluded that's why he wanted to move on with his career elsewhere.

Yaeh, you're right. But Trent was already disgruntled...

SteelCityMan786
06-19-2006, 07:37 PM
all I have to say is.. Hahahahahahahaha
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/1150706094242110.xml&coll=2

Man and Vinny is washed up to.

MattsMe
06-19-2006, 07:44 PM
Azzarelli said several teams are interested, but they're waiting to call.

I wonder if he said this with a straight face.

Big D
06-19-2006, 07:49 PM
you never know if spergon wynn can get a job in canada vinny probably could 2