PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else dying for a playoff rematch against the Ratbirds?

LayingTheWoodley56
11-30-2011, 01:08 PM
I've heard from several people that I should be afraid if we play the Ravens again in January because they've beaten us twice this season, once in convincing fashion and once in dramatic fashion. The uneducated seem to believe that because of these two victories that the Ratbirds all of a sudden "have our number."

To which I say: HA! Is anyone here honestly afraid of playing them for a third time? Number one, I would be very, very, VERY surprised if Lebeau doesn't pull out a killer gameplan for that one having seen them twice already this season. Second, does anyone believe that our guys wouldn't have a Maryland-sized chip on their shoulder going into that game, whether it be (with any luck) at Heinz or at their place, to show the world who wears the pants in this rivalry? Third, plain and simple, they just ain't that good. Flacco sucks, as we all know, miraculous 92-yard drive not withstanding. Their defense is good, without a doubt, but ours is better, getting healthy, and hitting its stride. Other than the penalty-negated TD run, we neutralized Rice last time we played them.

And finally, our 3-0 playoff record against them ain't changing. We know who we are, we've been the best team in this league since 2005, and we own the Ratbirds, regardless of what our 0-2 record against them this season says. I would be chomping at the ****ing bit to get another crack at them in the Divisional round. That matchup would be a culmination of this blood feud, and I would love nothing more than to see our boys knock their purple queer asses back to where they belong. On the flip side, there's a chance I would break my neck headbutting a wall before that game, because I would be JACKED UP!!!!!!

Here's hoping 1) for a bye into the divisional round so we can wait for them in Pittsburgh, but if that doesn't work out 2) a cupcake wildcard game (looking like it's probably going to be at Oakland or a Schaub-less Houston, or Tennesee if the Texans blow it) that we could brush off before gearing up for the real deal. I would go so far as to say that if we do get the bye, I would be rooting for the Ravens to win in the wild-card round because we owe them a good ol'fashioned Terrible Towel whipping.

:tt04:

SteeleReign
11-30-2011, 01:13 PM
I didn't read the book, but I'll answer the question anyway...YES! Bring 'em on. Nothing would make me happier than to go into Baltimore and knock them out of the playoffs AGAIN!!

Opt2loc
11-30-2011, 01:18 PM
I heard some of these same reasons about why we couldn't beat you the second time.

Either way it would be the matchup of the playoffs that every football fan wants to see.

Good luck!

PhantomJB93
11-30-2011, 01:53 PM
I honestly won't feel satisfied if we make it to the Super Bowl unless we beat the Ratbirds at some point to get there.

Fire Arians
11-30-2011, 02:24 PM
as long as we get our revenge on green bay then i could care less whether we run into baltimore again. but likely will.

the team i would rather beat in the playoffs is new england, they sent us home way too many times in the postseason and i been itching for revenge someday

StainlessStill
11-30-2011, 02:39 PM
It would more than likely be in the AFC TITLE game in January if we both take care of our business and baring an undefeated streak in us starting now and a 1 loss season for the Ravens, it'll likely be in Baltimore. I was DYING for the rematch once we got our ass kicked in week 1. Now that we BLEW a 4 point lead and let Joe Flaccid go down the field on us in a minute, I can't even THINK of what a rematch in the playoffs and us beating them would do to the spirits of Steelers Nation.

Lets take care of US and then: BRING 'EM ON!

LayingTheWoodley56
11-30-2011, 02:49 PM
as long as we get our revenge on green bay then i could care less whether we run into baltimore again. but likely will.

the team i would rather beat in the playoffs is new england, they sent us home way too many times in the postseason and i been itching for revenge someday

Amen brotha. I've always said, the one thing I always wished we could do was go through the Patriots after they beat us at Heinz twice in 01 and 04. I was actually, not disappointed, but i guess a little bummed when they lost to the jets last year in the divisional round. i would've loved a crack at them, who knows, maybe we can beat both them and the ratbirds in consecutive rounds.

steelax04
11-30-2011, 03:00 PM
Highly unlikely, but the Ravens imploding and not making the playoffs would be sufficient for me.

FanSince72
11-30-2011, 03:36 PM
To be honest, I could do without the drama.

I'd settle for getting into the playoffs and running the table against whoever that may be and walking away with Trophy Number 7.

tanda10506
11-30-2011, 03:44 PM
Hell yeah!!!!!! I think it's possible for us to win out and still get the division. I'd love to have Baltimore come back to Pittsburgh and get sent home in the playoffs. I'd rather do it in Baltimore honestly, but the best case scenario for us is winning the division and having them come to Pittsburgh.

Fire Arians
11-30-2011, 03:52 PM
I heard some of these same reasons about why we couldn't beat you the second time.

Either way it would be the matchup of the playoffs that every football fan wants to see.

Good luck!

no beef but whats up with that gay ass avatar bro

steelfury02
11-30-2011, 03:55 PM
There is no such thing as a cake walk in the playoffs, let alone on the road. Heck - last year we were barely able to win at home on the way to Dallas so let's not get ahead of ourselves and proclaim playing in Oakland or Houston as an easily winnable game.

Both of those places would be insane to play at. Not impossible to win at - but as you can see, we can't even convincingly beat the supposed bottom feeders.

I honestly can't sit here and say I have the utmost confidence of being able to beat Baltimore in a third game. This isn't the XLIII Steelers and this isn't the same Joe Flacco. Sorry - just being a realist.

You can only say "Yea But" so many times. The guy has learned how to beat our defense - he doesn't have the deer in the headlights look anymore. Enough Flacco praising, just saying - let's be a little real - it would be tough as hell.

Besides, I'm getting a little sick of seeing Baltimore in the playoffs.

skinart82
11-30-2011, 04:04 PM
Oh man, you think The Steelers are in the ratbirds heads now, imagine sending them home in the playoffs AGAIN! Terrell Suggs would have to get another stupid shirt made, ray Lewis would have someone stabbed and John Harbaugh would just sit all off season and rewatch his Gatorade bath over and over again! But honestly I just want them to make it in the playoffs and bring home number 7!

Fire Arians
11-30-2011, 04:05 PM
Oh man, you think The Steelers are in the ratbirds heads now, imagine sending them home in the playoffs AGAIN! Terrell Suggs would have to get another stupid shirt made, ray Lewis would have someone stabbed and John Harbaugh would just sit all off season and rewatch his Gatorade bath over and over again! But honestly I just want them to make it in the playoffs and bring home number 7!

it'll be funny if they get knocked out of the playoffs before facing us because they're too busy preparing for the steelers instead of the opponent they're supposed to play that week :chuckle:

stb_steeler
11-30-2011, 04:37 PM
There is no such thing as a cake walk in the playoffs, let alone on the road. Heck - last year we were barely able to win at home on the way to Dallas so let's not get ahead of ourselves and proclaim playing in Oakland or Houston as an easily winnable game.

Both of those places would be insane to play at. Not impossible to win at - but as you can see, we can't even convincingly beat the supposed bottom feeders.

I honestly can't sit here and say I have the utmost confidence of being able to beat Baltimore in a third game. This isn't the XLIII Steelers and this isn't the same Joe Flacco. Sorry - just being a realist.

You can only say "Yea But" so many times. The guy has learned how to beat our defense - he doesn't have the deer in the headlights look anymore. Enough Flacco praising, just saying - let's be a little real - it would be tough as hell.

Im with you on this.....especially after the KC letdown....

RatbirdExtreme
11-30-2011, 06:28 PM

Yeah, they were definitely in the Ravens head earlier this year, werent they? The "in their head" argument had some validity at some point, but I think thats safely in the past.

I realize this wont win me any popularity points here, but I'll be flat out blunt and honest. You guys had your chance last year, and got schooled by GB. And you have virtually the same personnel as last year, along with the same coaching staff. What makes you think you have any chance to make the results any different? If anything Rodgers is even better at this point.

I'm as diehard Ravens fan as they come, but if we make the SB, I give our chances of beating GB at about 35-40%. The Steelers chances? I'd place at about 10-15% if they make the SB. Not that we are that much better (altho we are:chuckle:), I just believe we match up better.

Fire Arians
11-30-2011, 07:14 PM
Yeah, they were definitely in the Ravens head earlier this year, werent they? The "in their head" argument had some validity at some point, but I think thats safely in the past.

I realize this wont win me any popularity points here, but I'll be flat out blunt and honest. You guys had your chance last year, and got schooled by GB. And you have virtually the same personnel as last year, along with the same coaching staff. What makes you think you have any chance to make the results any different? If anything Rodgers is even better at this point.

I'm as diehard Ravens fan as they come, but if we make the SB, I give our chances of beating GB at about 35-40%. The Steelers chances? I'd place at about 10-15% if they make the SB. Not that we are that much better (altho we are:chuckle:), I just believe we match up better.

QsogswrH6ck

SteelCityMom
11-30-2011, 07:17 PM

Honestly? I'll take getting "schooled" in the Superbowl over getting beat in the first or second round of the playoffs.

I also love how you assume GB will be making the SB again this year. They do have to make it through the playoffs you know?

SteelCityMom
11-30-2011, 07:18 PM
QsogswrH6ck

:chuckle:

StainlessStill
11-30-2011, 07:20 PM
Even a Ratbird fan coming in here and not knowing the importance of overall defense, something BOTH of our teams have. I honestly think the Steelers/Ravens have the best shot at taking down Green Bay if the opportunity presented itself in Indianapolis. With that said, way too far away. Once the playoffs start, every team is a threat to every team that qualifies, including the Pack.

Atlanta Dan
11-30-2011, 07:24 PM

Yep - Flacco over Roethlisberger (and Rodgers?:noidea:) in a playoff game is always the way to go - definite match-up advantage to the Ravens

You better hope the Steelers play New England before the Ravens play the Steelers in the playoffs - given the Ravens tendency to celebrate (2 Gatorade baths for Harbaugh through 11 regular season games this year - maybe they can start doing that after playing a good half or after a big play on third down) if the Ravens beat the Steelers before the AFC championship game my guess is Baltimore will throw a parade, give Ray Lewis the key to the city, and the Ravens will be blown out by the Pats

Come back after your boys win something more meaningful than a regular season game:drink:

skinart82
11-30-2011, 07:41 PM
If the Steelers aren't in the heads of the ratbirds then explain the Tennessee and Seattle losses and the Gatorade baths......Gatorade baths???? Come on man, that's pathetic!

RatbirdExtreme
11-30-2011, 07:54 PM
Even a Ratbird fan coming in here and not knowing the importance of overall defense, something BOTH of our teams have. I honestly think the Steelers/Ravens have the best shot at taking down Green Bay if the opportunity presented itself in Indianapolis. With that said, way too far away. Once the playoffs start, every team is a threat to every team that qualifies, including the Pack.

This much we agree on. I actually do know the importance of overall defense, BTW.

And seriously, Atlanta Dan, don't even suggest a Patriots/Packers SB. I'm sure Roger gets moist thinking about it, but I for one would have no interest at all in a 63-56 flag football game. And Im pretty sure Ray Lewis already has the key to the city. Although you see or hear the occasional whisper lately......." hey, you know, the Ravens D has actually been BETTER the last few weeks without Ray...."

tony hipchest
11-30-2011, 09:19 PM

you guys got schooled the past 2-3 years in the playoffs. what makes you think YOU have any chance to make the results any different?

i have scoured the facts and your claim ir really baseless opinion mixed with alot of wishful thinking.

rodgers is no better this year than he was in the SB. he was practically perfect in the SB... he picked up right where he left off. in spite of that, the packers didnt school nobody. their defense got schooled once the steelers woke up and we lost on the last drive of the game.

our secondary is better this year as is the steelers WR corps. ben is better. i'd say flacco is worse and just as inconsistant as ever. your secondary isnt as close to as good as the steelers and dont match up well vs their passing game at all. the ravens are no more capable of generating a pass rush than the steelers despite what the stats say. the packers line is that good and rogers knows how to get rid of the ball vs any defense.

and finally we have PROVEN (with pretty much lesser personnel) that we can beat the packers 37-36. last time the ravens played them, they got the shit kicked out of them-

Ravens-Packers QT
Packers win fourth straight in ugly fashion
It was over when ...

Ravens QB Joe Flacco threw his third interception to Packers LB A.J. Hawk with 6:48 remaining in the game. Green Bay was up 24-14 and from there took the clock down to the 2-minute warning and added a field goal to extend its lead.

Game ball

Packers TE Jermichael Finley, who had just two career touchdowns entering the game, tied a career-high with seven catches for 79 yards and two scores, both of them coming inside the red zone. Finley's 19-yard touchdown in the fourth quarter gave Green Bay a 24-14 lead and kept the Ravens at bay.

Key Stat

This game was full of mistakes, and none were more costly than those committed by Baltimore, which finished with four turnovers and 12 penalties for 135 yards. The two biggest blunders occurred in the red zone. On Baltimore's opening drive, RB Ray Rice lost a fumble at Green Bay's 17-yard line. And in the fourth quarter, with the Ravens down 24-14 and at the 4-yard line, Flacco rolled right and threw an interception across his body.

finally the ravens lack self control and discipline. if the ravens were to luck out and make the superbowl, the FACTS from this season suggest there will be a huge gatorade shower, and the following game there would be a huge letdown of epic proportions (rivaling the raiders of 02, SD in 94 or the 80's broncos).

infact im willing to bet john harbaugh would be the 1st coach to get arrested soliciting a prostitute or being coked up and beligerent in a bar.

sure the ravens won a superbowl a long time ago but that team is gone and they dont have a murderer returning to the roster to rally behind. this current crew doesnt have a clue on how to handle success. they are just as bad as the fradulent jets in that department (im sure you would agree that the jets are blowhard frauds) and the paper champion chargers and cowboys.

skinart82
11-30-2011, 11:01 PM
:tt02:What he said!

OX1947
11-30-2011, 11:03 PM
Could you imagine, a Super Bowl run of Texans, Ravens, Patriots, Packers......

steelfury02
12-01-2011, 08:37 AM
I can imagine it, just not with this offense on the road.

First let's discuss the mishaps the offense has in HOME games that kept the Patriots close despite one of the best defensive game plans from Lebeau and Lake.
- We have clock mismanagement, penalties, missed routes, dropped passes, and terrible play calling in the 4th quarter

Now, let's discuss what this offense has done on the road - basically, similar, and now same awful second half play against a bottom dweller.

We've had one good road win against Bengals, but once again - the offense crapped after jumping to a lead and put the onus back on the defense once again.

First I'll imagine an offense that DOES ITS JOB, then when we get to that point, I'll start dreaming.

Sorry - just can't put the blinders on. If we keep winning and winning ugly and when it matters people can come on here and rip me apart :)

austinfrench76
12-01-2011, 12:10 PM
To answer the thread question - HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But let's take care of the Bengals 1st!

kirklandrules
12-01-2011, 12:28 PM
sure the ravens won a superbowl a long time ago but that team is gone and they dont have a murderer returning to the roster to rally behind.

They have RayRay who's clothes and limo were covered with the blood of two murdered men. Does that count?

BleedPurple
12-01-2011, 12:48 PM

Most of your fellow fans are ignoring your post because they love to ignore reality, and need to believe Joe sucks based on games he will lose in the playoffs, since he hasn't looked anything but great against the Steelers this season :chuckle::chuckle: .

It's nice to see a little respect from this board though, and I won't pretend that we would kick your asses in the playoffs. No matter what the outcome, that would be one hell of a game. I'm looking forward to it.

BleedPurple
12-01-2011, 12:49 PM
They have RayRay who's clothes and limo were covered with the blood of two murdered men. Does that count?

whoosh :applaudit:

steelfury02
12-01-2011, 02:21 PM
Go away instigator :thumbsup:

BleedPurple
12-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Go away instigator :thumbsup:

lol, maybe I should just say that I agree with you 100%

LVSteelersfan
12-01-2011, 05:20 PM
My bold prediction for this year. Green Bay will go undefeated in the regular season and go in with swelled heads. New Orleans is going to knock their butts out of the playoffs this year because Green Bay's defense is not that great. Drew Brees will torch them for 400 yards and 5 TDs. Unless it is snowing. Then it will only be 300 yards and 3 TDs. Did anyone see the Saints last game? Brees absolutely torched that team. Any way, in today's NFL it is virtually impossible to even make it back to a Super Bowl two years in a row. Almost every single year the team that is the favorite going into the playoffs gets knocked off before they make it to the Super Bowl.

I have no predictions for the AFC because it is a crapshoot at the moment. I hope Tebow pulls off the AFC West division so the Steelers can torch his ass in the wild card game if we don't pull off the division. But I suspect the Raiders will win the division and be our opponent. Of course that all depends if the Texans can hold on and not end up the 4th seed. I am hoping the Jets get their butts kicked this weekend to knock them out of contention. But their stupid schedule is probably going to let them slide in the back door yet again as the 6th seed as the Bungles are probably going to lose to the Steelers and Ratbirds. I hate them damn Jets and Dirty Sanchez.

ricardisimo
12-01-2011, 05:21 PM
It would be a great game, I think we all agree, and it would portend good things for the Steelers, if our past playoff performances against Baltimore mean anything.

Opt2loc
12-02-2011, 10:49 AM
no beef but whats up with that gay ass avatar bro

What's up with having that gay ass avatar of a kid millionare football player who could care less if you're dead or alive. I understand if you're gay or female. Not that there is anything wrong with being gay or female, bro.

Fire Arians
12-02-2011, 10:51 AM
What's up with having that gay ass avatar of a kid millionare football player who could care less if you're dead or alive. I understand if you're gay. Not that there is anything wrong with being gay, bro.

u mad bro?:chuckle:

Opt2loc
12-02-2011, 10:53 AM
u mad bro?:chuckle:

No, I just thought it was funny bro.

Pentheon
12-02-2011, 05:11 PM
I hope so, I got to sit lower level for in last years divisional game against them and that was one of the best games ive ever went too...hopefully we do it again but this time in the afc championship at home like back in the 08 season...I would love to go again

truesteelerfan
12-02-2011, 05:35 PM
I think it doesn't matter what we want, our road is likely going to involve a game with Baltimore. Its very hard to beat a team 3 times in a year- thats what made our run a few years back so amazing was that we did just that to them- I can't imagine being on the other side of that- so we have to win!

steelfury02
12-02-2011, 08:15 PM
if its at M&T ain't gonna happen. You can thank the offense for that.

ClosetSteelerFan
12-03-2011, 03:56 AM
Yes, but I'd sure feel better if it was at Heinz Field. In order for that to happen, the Rat-birds need to stub their toe again.... and there's no better place for that to happen than this Sunday at the town their greedy former owner abandoned. Before everyone starts telling me I'm nuts...... remember a couple of years ago, when they eliminated us from the playoffs. As pathetic a team as the Browns are, I'm hoping for a miracle.
Come on Cleveland, salvage some respect and do us a favor..... and who knows some day you just become our biggest rival.

Signed,
ClosetSteelerFan :tt04:

steelfury02
12-03-2011, 06:25 AM
lol, not sure how to take your "Closet Steeler Fan"

j/j - don't drive yourself nuts hoping for other teams to beat them - very rarely do the Steelers get the help they need when a high seed or playoff spot is on the line.

A. The 09' 9-7 team I think needed the favored teams to win to get in and I believe both kept their starters out (I believe NE was one of them) and they both tanked - which was pretty obvious way of keeping us out. Woodley was pretty verbal about it - I think that's how the Bungles and Jets got in that year.

B. We should have taken care of business @ Heinz v. Rats last time. We came off a huge win against New England and there was no reason for the offense not to finally step up and lay a prime time whooping on them. They stalled, finally did something at the end, but the defense wasn't able to bail us out one more time.

This season's hard lesson could be that for the Steelers to be able to clinch another Lombardi - they'll have to learn to score often, and keep their foot on the pedal - it is what the league has become unfortunately.

The only thing I'm hoping for is that the Steelers save the best for the playoffs, which tends to be the case :)

plenewken
12-05-2011, 02:54 PM
I couldn't care less who we'll face in the playoffs. There's no extra point for beating the Pats or the Ravens anyway and I'm not into mind games. Heck, I'll take a lucky win any day over an unlucky loss.
To make it to the big dance and win a 7th Lombardi, we'll have to beat strong teams and it doesn't matter who they are.

Fire Arians
12-05-2011, 02:56 PM
I couldn't care less who we'll face in the playoffs. There's no extra point for beating the Pats or the Ravens anyway and I'm not into mind games. Heck, I'll take a lucky win any day over an unlucky loss.
To make it to the big dance and win a 7th Lombardi, we'll have to beat strong teams and it doesn't matter who they are.

we'll have to face tebowmania if we're the #5 seed most likely :chuckle:

Shane Oliver
12-05-2011, 03:06 PM
THIS:

I honestly won't feel satisfied if we make it to the Super Bowl unless we beat the Ratbirds at some point to get there.

I wholeheartedly want to see Baltimore again. I've been saying that since the second loss this season. The first one hurt BAD. I'm itching to get back at 'em. What better way than to dash their playoff hopes?

sharkweek
12-06-2011, 11:44 PM
as far as maximizing our chances at making it to the superbowl I'd much rather play the 6th seed wild card or the West or South winners

beating Baltimare and/or New England on the road will not be easy, but that would most certainly be the most glorious road to the Superbowl if we had to play both and beat them, even better than when we beat the #3, #1, and #2 seeds to get to Superbowl XL as a #6 seed.

steelfury02
12-08-2011, 09:33 AM
still don't want to play at M&T in the playoffs

Fire Arians
12-08-2011, 10:50 AM
still don't want to play at M&T in the playoffs

i don't give a F where we play, we're gonna beat them if we play them again

steelfury02
12-08-2011, 04:37 PM
okay

Kanata-Steeler
12-09-2011, 06:08 AM
Hey,
Put it this way, never mind who the "bigger" Harbaugh brother was, as in that so-called HarBowl Ravens/49'ers game.
I wanna first show the 49'ers who the "Father"(Steelers) is, and then after that, come in and take those Ratbirds into the outhouse for a little (who's 'your mama) meeting. !!!
:tt04:

ClosetSteelerFan
12-25-2011, 06:23 PM
Yes, I want to see a re-match in the worst way. There is so much bad blood between these two teams, that when they take the field it carries over to everyone in attendance. There is electricity in the air, and no matter how cold and miserable the game conditions are, the adrenalin in your veins keeps you focused on one thing. Beating the feathers off the Ratbirds!

Closet Steeler Fan

steeltheone
12-26-2011, 08:49 AM
I've learned my lesson in 2001...I wanted the the Patriots to the Raiders for the easier matchup...Stupid me....I just take what we are given....lol

steelbad@50
12-26-2011, 09:34 AM
The icing on the cake for me would be to get to the Ratbirds and beat them on there turf, then to make it to the super bowl by taking out the Patriots on there turf and finally to get revenge on Green Bay ( if they make it that far) in the Super Bowl. If not Green Bay then who ever else from the NFC makes it to the big game. Now thats not asking to much, is it? :noidea:

harrison'samonster
12-26-2011, 10:10 AM
beating the Ravens and Patriots each at home, and then getting back against GB in the Superbowl? I would finally be satisfied as a Steelers fan, and would finally believe that the Steelers were playing up to their potential. lol

Seriously though, that might be just what we'll have to do. I think they can do it, but it will be as tough as playoff schedule as I can remember.

4xSBChamps
12-26-2011, 11:32 AM
maybe I'm extremely pessimistic (and I hope that is the reason), but for Pittsburgh to beat the Purple-Browns in Baltimoron, the Steelers will need a completely healthy roster, then play a flawless game (we bring-out the best in the Turd-birds) with no mental break-downs from the coin-toss to the final gun, mixed with brilliant play-calling:
unfortunately, I have seen very few instances of these 3 facets come-together simultaneously during the 2011 season

:noidea:

TRH
12-26-2011, 03:15 PM
maybe I'm extremely pessimistic (and I hope that is the reason), but for Pittsburgh to beat the Purple-Browns in Baltimoron, the Steelers will need a completely healthy roster, then play a flawless game (we bring-out the best in the Turd-birds) with no mental break-downs from the coin-toss to the final gun, mixed with brilliant play-calling:
unfortunately, I have seen very few instances of these 3 facets come-together simultaneously during the 2011 season

:noidea:

we would definitely need almost ALL of that for a W and we would need to put pressure on Flacco (our pass rush seems to be waaaaaay off as of late).
And as for your "brilliant playcalling" comment, remember, we're dealing with old predictable himself, Bruce Arians. He may call a good game, but brilliant is probably out of the question.

SteelersOwnThe Ravens
12-26-2011, 04:06 PM
I can tell you living here in Baltimore, they are nervous. They want no part of the Steelers for the third time. I think they are a little on edge about the game in Cincy. They know if they have to go on the road they are in trouble. they talk tough, but still have an inferiority complex when it comes to the Steelers. The next time they beat the Steelers when it reall means something will be the First time!

RowHH
12-26-2011, 06:53 PM
I normally either don't care who the Steelers face or I hope for the easiest path, but I want another shot at Baltimore this season. Not exactly going out on a limb by saying I think whoever hosted the game would win, but I want the opportunity regardless of whether it's at Heinz or M&T.

tanda10506
12-27-2011, 04:55 AM
I agree, we can beat them in a close, tough, game in Pittsburgh if we don't make any mistakes, but I don't see us winning in Baltimore. It's not impossible by any means, but after week 1 I am nervous to go back to Baltimore. We fell behind by at least 10 in game 2 vs baltimore this year, we came back and should have won, in baltimore we would have not caught back up.

Opt2loc
12-27-2011, 07:32 AM
I agree, we can beat them in a close, tough, game in Pittsburgh if we don't make any mistakes, but I don't see us winning in Baltimore. It's not impossible by any means, but after week 1 I am nervous to go back to Baltimore. We fell behind by at least 10 in game 2 vs baltimore this year, we came back and should have won, in baltimore we would have not caught back up.

I remember back when the ravens were 13-3, had a bye week and then faced the the Colts at home whose defense was sucking it up bad that year. Suddenly the D showed up and we lost in the battle of the field goals.

The Ravens and us fans were psyched up for this game for obvoius reasons.

My point is that even though we were the better team that year, playing against a rival
(which the Colts always will be) at home in a playoff atmosphere is not all it's cracked up to be.

Playoffs or not, home or not, IMO doesn't matter a hill of beans when these two go at it. Just look at recent history. I just hope if we do play you guys, BB is healthy, nobody is suspended and we go at it full strength.

steelfury02
12-27-2011, 08:45 AM
Amen, Brother Beavis - a rematch with the Ravens of Baltimore would be most enticing

VaDave
12-27-2011, 11:27 AM
If we going in as a 5th seed, winning the Wild Card will send us to the Ravens, and then a possible shot at the Patriots for the AFCC game. What would make the trifecta complete, not that 49ers are going to get by either Geenbay at Lambeau, or the Saints wherever to be in the Superbowl, but while we are at it, beating a Harbaugh twice in one post season would be pretty cool

zshelhamer
12-27-2011, 01:18 PM
If we going in as a 5th seed, winning the Wild Card will send us to the Ravens, and then a possible shot at the Patriots for the AFCC game. What would make the trifecta complete, not that 49ers are going to get by either Geenbay at Lambeau, or the Saints wherever to be in the Superbowl, but while we are at it, beating a Harbaugh twice in one post season would be pretty cool

Winning as the 5th seed would only send us to the Ravens if the 6th seed knocked off the Texans as well. The 1st seed gets matched up with the lowest remaining seed from the Wild Card round, so unless the Texans were upset, we would travel to New England and the Texans would play the Ravens.*

*This is all under the assumption that the Steelers, Ravens and Patriots all win in week 17

Bayz101
12-28-2011, 04:31 AM
I really hope we get to see the Ravens again...I'd rather have them then New England, but that's just me.

Rick5895
12-28-2011, 04:41 AM
I really don't care who we play in the playoffs as long as our last game is a win in the Super Bowl!!

micraydim
12-28-2011, 06:19 AM
Anyway , we should see to it . To make the failure a sense is to learn something from it .

PeRK82
12-29-2011, 08:22 PM
I remember back when the ravens were 13-3, had a bye week and then faced the the Colts at home whose defense was sucking it up bad that year. Suddenly the D showed up and we lost in the battle of the field goals.

The Ravens and us fans were psyched up for this game for obvoius reasons.

My point is that even though we were the better team that year, playing against a rival
(which the Colts always will be) at home in a playoff atmosphere is not all it's cracked up to be.

Playoffs or not, home or not, IMO doesn't matter a hill of beans when these two go at it. Just look at recent history. I just hope if we do play you guys, BB is healthy, nobody is suspended and we go at it full strength.

I remember that day like it was yesterday, it was almost 70 degrees that day in January and Raining but then it was more of a drizzile, it was unreal how warm it was. I think it was a warm front from the south. I remember Mcnair sucking bad and to me lost this game for us. I remember him throwing a crucial int in our red zone. I was so Pissed. But what ever, it is what it is.

PeRK82
12-29-2011, 08:29 PM
Hate to say it people but if Steelers have to come to the Bank to beat the RAVENS. You guys are in for a long day.

Dont feel bad, if the RAVENS end up being the 5th seed, i have no faith in them making it to the Superbowl, Cam Cameron wont let us with his b.s. JR HIGH SCHOOL play calling, trying to run the clock out when the Second half Just started, talk about Dumb. If the RAVENS win the SUPERBOWL, i will still RAGE if Cameron is still here next yr, Harbs. will be the only guy that is butt hurt from losing Cam, Everyone else, Front office all the way down to the Fans will be planning a Parade. The Owner will make sure Cam isnt here next yr, He wanted him gone last yr after the season ended. Harbs. cant save him this time. Not with the B.S that he keeps doing.

ricardisimo
12-29-2011, 10:49 PM
I really hope we get to see the Ravens again...I'd rather have them then New England, but that's just me.
I'd like them both. My master plan was to wipe the Jesus off of Tebow (other people beat us to it, sadly) then spank Baltimore and finally New England. The math wouldn't have worked out anyway.

Lest any of you forget, there is still a minuscule chance that the Steelers could nab the #1 seed, if Buffalo can pull an upset in Foxborough. Go Bills!

tanda10506
12-30-2011, 01:28 PM
I want the #2 seed, GO Bengals! I don't think Baltimore stands much of a chance beating us in Pittsburgh in the playoffs. We are a playoff team and they are a continuous playoff failure. That being said, they have played us great this year and I think our chance of beating them in Baltimore is pretty slim. If we go to Baltimore and beat them it will be because it's a playoff game, every player on our team seems to rise to the occasion in the playoffs. Baltimore is really good at home this year, and it would take everybody stepping up big to beat them at home. It was mentioned earlier that home or away, when these two teams play it's a knock down fight to the end and home field doesn't matter. While that's been true in the past, IMO, this year is different.

DanRooney
12-30-2011, 02:39 PM
I'd rather avoid playing them again. I think they have our number this year.

Fire Arians
12-30-2011, 02:54 PM

i'd love to knock them out in the playoffs. they were lucky to beat us in our home game and needed help from a few bullshit calls on both flags and challenges. they won't get lucky again. that 2nd game we should have won that

#1LambertFan
12-30-2011, 04:51 PM

Well go jump on their bandwagon then you pessimistic moron

Bayz101
12-30-2011, 05:04 PM

Thumper?

ricardisimo
12-30-2011, 05:05 PM
I don't think anything could boost morale and prep this team for the Packers or Saints quite like beating the Ravens and then Cheats beforehand.

Bayz101
12-30-2011, 05:07 PM
I don't think anything could boost morale and prep this team for the Packers or Saints quite like beating the Ravens and then Cheats beforehand.

:sign07:

Buddha Bus
12-30-2011, 05:13 PM
:sign07:

Says the board spammer wanna-be. :chuckle:

That's a fine piece of post-whoring you're doing there, Bayz. A clean sweep on the hot topics. I'm jealous. :sofunny:

Bayz101
12-30-2011, 06:03 PM
Says the board spammer wanna-be. :chuckle:

That's a fine piece of post-whoring you're doing there, Bayz. A clean sweep on the hot topics. I'm jealous. :sofunny:

I like to think I contribute to it's beautiful liveliness! I tend to post in all the hot topics. Seeing my name 3-6 times in a straight line is pleasing :drool:

:pw:

Surf-Bat
12-31-2011, 04:26 AM
I can tell you living here in Baltimore, they are nervous. They want no part of the Steelers for the third time. I think they are a little on edge about the game in Cincy. They know if they have to go on the road they are in trouble. they talk tough, but still have an inferiority complex when it comes to the Steelers. The next time they beat the Steelers when it reall means something will be the First time!

That's what I can't stand about those guys (and their fans). They remind me of the Oakland Raiders. They want to be the tough guys of the NFL but they just can't seem to get past the Steelers when the boys are healthy and focused.

This rivalry reminds me so much of the Steelers-Raiders rivalry of the 70s, with both teams coveting the "toughest team" label. The Ravens are basically the East Coast version of those 70s Raiders(though not quite as colorful). I look forward to meeting them in the playoffs and setting the tone early with a few well placed whacks from the start (Hines Ward KO1 Ed Reed anyone?)

4xSBChamps
12-31-2011, 05:56 AM
The Ravens are basically the East Coast version of those 70s Raiders...
I 'get' your point, that's an insult to Ken Stabler, a vastly under-rated QB, and the direct-opposite of the Unibrow

ricardisimo
01-01-2012, 07:16 PM
I'd like them both. My master plan was to wipe the Jesus off of Tebow (other people beat us to it, sadly) then spank Baltimore and finally New England. The math wouldn't have worked out anyway.

Lest any of you forget, there is still a minuscule chance that the Steelers could nab the #1 seed, if Buffalo can pull an upset in Foxborough. Go Bills!
Looks like I'm going to get my wish, in every detail. We get Denver to start out. Cincy is likely to beat the Texans, which would send us to Baltimore and the Bengals to Foxborough. If we beat the Rats, we go to New England.
:drink: :tt03: :applaudit: :tt04: :hatsoff:

Bayz101
01-03-2012, 02:11 AM
acne no more book (http://2yd.net/UI) penis advantage (http://2yd.net/5R)

^ ROFL

ricardisimo
01-03-2012, 03:19 AM
^ ROFL
Thank you for not quoting the spammer. That's what they hope for, of course, to keep their links alive.