PDA

View Full Version : Ben will be fined. Driver fined also.

83-Steelers-43
06-19-2006, 10:20 AM
Citations Issued In Big Ben's Accident

Pittsburgh Police issued Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger a pair of citations following a motorcycle accident on June 12.

The city's Collision Investigation Unit concluded its probe of the accident involving Roethlisberger and Martha Fleishman, 62, of Squirrel Hill with each receiving citations.

Roethlisberger was cited for failure to drive in his class as well as driving without a license. Both are summary offenses. His citations totalled $281.50 and $106.50, respectively.

Collision Investigator Dan Connolly said that Roethlisberger's citation for not wearing a helmet was issued because motorcyclists are required to wear a helmet for two years unless they take a motorcycle safety course.

Fleishman was cited for failure to yield to oncoming traffic. Her citation totalled $106.50.

The investigation found no mechanical issues with Roethlisberger's 2005 Suzuki Hayabusa motorcycle nor Fleishman's Chrysler New Yorker.

Roethlisberger was found to be driving without a valid permit or license. He did, however, possess valid registration and inspections on his motorcycle.

Investigators also said that Roethlisberger was driving 35 miles per hour in the 35 miles per hour zone at the time of the crash.

It's unknown at this point whether either driver will appeal their citations.

Roethlisberger was hospitalized with multiple injuries sustained in the accident last Monday.

http://kdka.com/topstories/local_story_170103333.html

83-Steelers-43
06-19-2006, 10:57 AM
Seems like he got off pretty easy for the most part. No community service hours or license suspension.

section514
06-19-2006, 11:24 AM
i think we should all pitch in and pay for Ben's ticket, i don't think he can afford the $388

Ohio Steeler
06-19-2006, 11:27 AM
he got off lite now lets hope he learned his lesson and stays off bikes until he retires

Cipratiug
06-19-2006, 11:44 AM
There is alot of talk about Ben on t he threads. what about Holmes? I dunno about the rest of ya, but for 26 years i've been waiting for another super bowl to come to pittsburgh and now that we got one we're getting alot of bad luck. alot of these NFL players think they can just do and say what ever they want. Holmes needs kicked off the team. We don't need a T.O in Pittsburgh, and i'm pretty sure that everyone can aggree with me on that. There is no room for error for this team this year. after what they prooved last year, every nfl team is going to be looking at us to take the title from. It will not be hard to trash us up and down the feild if we have a team that isn't playing right, and doesn't have their head in the game. God smiled down upon the Steelers 7 months ago. Let's hope he is still doing it.

SteelerFanInCA
06-19-2006, 11:53 AM
I think maybe they figured giving him community hours would cause more of a zoo than needed. Ben picking up trash on the side of the highways would probably stop traffic. I guess he could always speak to local high school kids on the safety of wearing helmets when riding bikes.

section514
06-19-2006, 11:57 AM
There is alot of talk about Ben on t he threads. what about Holmes? I dunno about the rest of ya, but for 26 years i've been waiting for another super bowl to come to pittsburgh and now that we got one we're getting alot of bad luck. alot of these NFL players think they can just do and say what ever they want. Holmes needs kicked off the team. We don't need a T.O in Pittsburgh, and i'm pretty sure that everyone can aggree with me on that. There is no room for error for this team this year. after what they prooved last year, every nfl team is going to be looking at us to take the title from. It will not be hard to trash us up and down the feild if we have a team that isn't playing right, and doesn't have their head in the game. God smiled down upon the Steelers 7 months ago. Let's hope he is still doing it.

give him one season before you get your panties in a bunch. We don't even know if he is guilty of this second charge.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-19-2006, 12:43 PM

Well I'm not one for defending a team cancer like T.O. But in his defense. When has T.O. ever been arrested for anything? I can never think of anything. So at least Owens has never been arrested and has been very productive in his NFL career. Where Holmes hasn't even stepped on the field yet and has been arrested twice. I don't know of the details regarding this latest Holmes arrest.

Owens is at least smart enough to avoid putting himself in situations to get arrested. Owens only problems have been he doesn't know when to shut his mouth and he destroys his teams chemistry. Hardly criminal in my mind.

83-Steelers-43
06-19-2006, 05:31 PM
I guess he could alwasy speak to local high school kids on the safety of wearing helmets when riding bikes.

That's what I was expecting........

tony hipchest
06-19-2006, 05:56 PM
That's what I was expecting........

his "crime" didnt warrant community service, or more than i fine, but i do think ben will speak to kids on his own without being forced by the state. he seems to be the type of guy who wants to stand good in his community and do the right thing.

83-Steelers-43
06-19-2006, 06:02 PM
his "crime" didnt warrant community service, or more than i fine,

TH, I'm not sure if that was sarcasm or not..lo. But for the record, I have to disagree. Hypothetically, driving 85 in a 50 is one thing, which I don't believe community services would be necessary. Driving without a license, minus a helmet while getting into an accident is another story. You don't think a few hours of community service should be warranted? I'm pretty sure that if you or I were in an accident while having a suspended license we would be receiving a little more than a $300 fine.

tony hipchest
06-19-2006, 06:10 PM
TH, I'm not sure if that was sarcasm or not..lo. But for the record, I have to disagree. Hypothetically, driving 85 in a 50 is one thing, which I don't believe community services would be necessary. Driving without a license, minus a helmet while getting into an accident is another story. You don't think a few hours of community service should be warranted? I'm pretty sure that if you or I were in an accident while having a suspended license we would be receiving a little more than a $300 fine.no sarcasm. the fine seems pretty standard for such violation. the fact that he was a victim of an accident makes it no different than if he were casually pulled over by a cop to see if he had a proper permit to be riding without a helmet.

depends on the laws in the book. community service is usually considered the lesser punnishment than a fine. as a kid i was ticketted for riding my skateboard in the street and given 4 hours, whereas i knew a few people who got busted with a quarter bag of dope. 1st time offense for possession of less than an ounce was $75 fine. i got fined $125 at 18 for allowing myself to be served.

83-Steelers-43
06-19-2006, 06:14 PM
no sarcasm. the fine seems pretty standard for such violation. the fact that he was a victim of an accident makes it no different than if he were casually pulled over by a cop to see if he had a proper permit to be riding without a helmet.

depends on the laws in the book. community service is usually considered the lesser punnishment than a fine. as a kid i was ticketted for riding my skateboard in the street and given 4 hours, whereas i knew a few people who got busted with a quarter bag of dope. 1st time offense for possession of less than an ounce was $75 fine. i got fined $125 at 18 for allowing myself to be served.

Cool. I respect your opinion. Agree to disagree. :smile:

SteelerzGirl
06-19-2006, 10:41 PM
the fact that he was a victim of an accident makes it no different than if he were casually pulled over by a cop to see if he had a proper permit to be riding without a helmet.

According to the no helmet law in Pennsylvania, Ben being helmetless while only having his permit (before it expired) was also illegal. A motorcyclist must wear a helmet if he only has a permit.

tony hipchest
06-20-2006, 01:47 AM
According to the no helmet law in Pennsylvania, Ben being helmetless while only having his permit (before it expired) was also illegal. A motorcyclist must wear a helmet if he only has a permit.

duuuuuhhh a little reading. comprehension goes a long long way. noone is disputing the illegality of what he done.

"the fact that he was a victim of an accident makes it no different than if he were casually pulled over by a cop to SEE if he had a proper permit to be riding without a helmet."

thanks anyways ms. know it all.