PDA

View Full Version : Steelers expecting to see Polamalu, Woodley

mesaSteeler
12-02-2011, 06:18 AM
Steelers expecting to see Polamalu, Woodley

By Scott Brown
PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Friday, December 2, 2011

Strong safety Troy Polamalu (head) and outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley (hamstring) were full participants in practice Thursday, and each are expected to play Sunday against Cincinnati.

Polamalu, who left last Sunday's game with concussion-like symptoms, did not practice Wednesday. Woodley practiced for a second-straight day.

Steelers wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders (foot) may have had a setback as he didn't practice Thursday after taking part in drills Wednesday. Sanders had surgery on both feet during the offseason.

Wide receiver Arnaz Battle (hamstring) also didn't practice yesterday.

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (thumb) was limited after hitting his right hand during practice.

"A little sting," Steelers offensive coordinator Bruce Arians said. "Nothing major."

>> Pro Bowl center Maurkice Pouncey said the stomach virus that caused him to lose 12 pounds won't prevent him from playing Sunday.Pouncey was at the Steelers' practice facility Thursday for the first time this week. He said he took part in some individual drills and that he gained back two pounds through a steady intake of fluids, bread and yogurt. Pouncey was so sick last Sunday in Kansas City that he slept in the locker room right up until the start of the game. He played a little more than a quarter before stomach cramps became too much for him.

"That's probably the toughest young kid that I ever coached," Arians said. "His energy level that he brings to the team you can't measure. He had a little pep in his step (Thursday) for the first time since the ballgame. I think he'll be fine."

>> Arians, despite Internet rumors to the contrary, said he is not a candidate to become the next head coach at Mississippi.

"I can't stand rookies," Arians, a head coach at Temple from 1983-88, said with a laugh. "No way in (heck) I could coach college guys. It's flattering, it's a great university, and I do have friends there. Wish them well in their search, but I'm not a candidate."

Quarterbacks coach Randy Fichtner and running backs coach Kirby Wilson have been linked to head coaching vacancies at Memphis and Illinois, respectively.

"I think Randy would be a great college head coach, whether it would be Ole Miss or Memphis and would do a fantastic job as would Kirby," Arians said.

>> Cincinnati running back Cedric Benson (foot), defensive end Carlos Dunlap (hamstring) and nose tackle Domata Peko (foot) have yet to practice this week because of injuries. ... The Steelers practiced in pads yesterday, one of 14 they are allowed to have during the regular season, per the new collective bargaining agreement.

Scott Brown can be reached at sbrown@tribweb.com or 412-481-5432.

Read more: Steelers expecting to see Polamalu, Woodley - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/print_770023.html#ixzz1fNZ6ddDa

tanda10506
12-02-2011, 10:43 AM
Both feet and a knee operation in 2 years for Sanders, I hope he's not one of those injury prone types that has a short career.

FanSince72
12-02-2011, 11:49 AM
Polamalu better be healthy because Skip Bayless just said that if he isn't, we don't have a chance.

I heard him say that myself.
(of course when Skip's on TV, he's the only one I CAN hear because he never shuts up long enough to hear anyone else say anything).

Fire Arians
12-02-2011, 01:17 PM
Both feet and a knee operation in 2 years for Sanders, I hope he's not one of those injury prone types that has a short career.

he's listed as probable and practiced fully today. probably wasn't anything major and more of a preventative move to take him out of practice yesterday.

woodley, sanders, sylvester, roethlisberger and polamalu are also listed probable

foote is questionable

battle and carter are out

overall, the injury report looks good with all of our key players healthy. let's do this