PDA

View Full Version : Holmes Released. Pleads Not Guilty.

83-Steelers-43
06-19-2006, 06:17 PM
Steeler Santonio Holmes charged with domestic violence, released from custody
Monday, June 19, 2006

By Shelley Anderson, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Steelers 2006 first-round draft pick Santonio Holmes was released on a $3,500 recognizance bond this afternoon in Columbus after he was arrested late last night on charges of domestic violence and an outstanding warrant for a minor traffic violation.

He entered a plea of not guilty.

According to two Columbus police spokesmen, Holmes, 22, was arrested at an apartment just after midnight after Columbus police responded to a call from a woman who is the mother of Holmes' youngest child, Shaniya, 4 months.

After talking with the woman, who has not been identified, police arrested Holmes, who had returned to the apartment while police were taking a report. Holmes was described as cooperative.

"Nobody's injured. There was no injuries," Holmes' lawyer, Samuel Shamansky said of the incident.

The former Ohio State receiver originally was to be arraigned tommorrow morning, but that was moved up at the request of Shamansky and the sheriff's department. Holmes appeared in prison khakis and handcuffs before Judge Anne Taylor.

According to Shamansky, the alleged victim was present at the arraignment and requested that Holmes be released.

"I think that it's upsetting, but he's doing just fine," Shamansky said of Holmes. "He takes the matter very seriously and looks forward to putting the whole thing behind him."

It was Holmes' second arrest since being selected in the first round of the NFL draft. He was arrested in South Beach, Fla., for disorderly conduct during a Memorial Day weekend crackdown by local authorities.

Steelers Coach Bill Cowher criticized Holmes the following week, but said he wouldn't hold the incident against the former Ohio State receiver.

"Whatever he did wrong, I don't think he handled it properly," Cowher said then. "I think he'll learn from it and understand the scrutiny he's under. We have not talked face to face about it. I don't have any long-term concerns."

tony hipchest
06-19-2006, 06:23 PM
dont domestic violence usually contain violence???

"Nobody's injured. There was no injuries," Holmes' lawyer, Samuel Shamansky said of the incident."

Atlanta Dan
06-19-2006, 06:29 PM
Ummmm... "Nobody's injured" and the woman showing up to say the perp should be released is fairly typical DV after the inicident behavior - just because no bones were broken and there are no bruises (aka "nobody's injured") is not a denial Holmes slapped her around or threw her into a wall.

This woman is not going to derail her gravy train by pushing this now that she has calmed down and spoken with those who have reminded her there are good $$ in letting bygones be bygones.

Holmes screwed up (again) - it needs to stop and stop now

83-Steelers-43
06-19-2006, 06:34 PM
I'm sitting here and watching FSN (Stan Savern on Sports Beat) and they are reporting that the police statement stated that he choked her, grabbed her by her arms and threw her through a door causing bruising on the arms. :huh:

CantStop85
When you have that many baby mommas, something's gonna happen eventually.

CowherLover
Ummmm... "Nobody's injured" and the woman showing up to say the perp should be released is fairly typical DV after the inicident behavior - just because no bones were broken and there are no bruises (aka "nobody's injured") is not a denial Holmes slapped her around or threw her into a wall.

This woman is not going to derail her gravy train by pushing this now that she has calmed down and spoken with those who have reminded her there are good $$ in letting bygones be bygones.

Holmes screwed up (again) - it needs to stop and stop now
You summed that up perfectly!

Black@Gold Forever32
06-19-2006, 06:48 PM
I'm sitting here and watching FSN (Stan Savern on Sports Beat) and they are reporting that the police statement stated that he choked her, grabbed her by her arms and threw her through a door causing bruising on the arms. :huh:

I was watching Sports Beat also and seen that. Who knows what really took place. But all I know Holmes seems like he is spending less time working out and studing his play book. I hope Holmes gets his act togehter quick.

SteelerFanInCA
06-19-2006, 06:58 PM
I was watching Sports Beat also and seen that. Who knows what really took place. But all I know Holmes seems like he is spending less time working out and studing his play book. I hope Holmes gets his act togehter quick.
I have to agree with that. Since Holmes is a little behind he should be spending more time trying to stay up to speed.

tony hipchest
06-19-2006, 07:28 PM

Holmes screwed up (again) - it needs to stop and stop nowabsolutely correct. my fiancee works DV cases for the d.a.'s office so i hear of these types of cases every day.

the question is if ohio allows the accuser to drop charges or if , like new mexico, once a police report is filed, its up to the state to file the charges, taking it out of a wishy washy victims hands.

regardless, it does need to stop. i dont know too much about willie reid, but im thinking he will be the one with the fire and hunger that makes ward wanna take him under his wing and show him the path he followed to becomming a sb mvp.

3 to be 4
06-19-2006, 07:30 PM
i want everyone to know i had nothing to do with posting this thread.

Suitanim
06-19-2006, 07:45 PM

That's all I need to hear. Contrary to the ignorant nonsense you might hear about me thinking "OSU is God" or whatever, I want Holmes off the team. He never pulled this shit before, and now that he has, I don't feel he should be treated any differntly than any of these other POS players who THINK they can get away with anything.

Sign and trade. Hell, the Bengals are probably chomping at the bit right now...

tony hipchest
06-19-2006, 08:14 PM
That's all I need to hear. Contrary to the ignorant nonsense you might hear about me thinking "OSU is God" or whatever, I want Holmes off the team. He never pulled this shit before, and now that he has, I don't feel he should be treated any differntly than any of these other POS players who THINK they can get away with anything.

Sign and trade. Hell, the Bengals are probably chomping at the bit right now...wow. i wouldnt go that far yet, but being that w. reid may have beat him out on the depth chart in training camp anyways, im not too worried. i say we give our #1 pick a chance. especially since we traded up, only to pass on a possible superstar in lendale white. to think that s. holmes did cost the steelers l. white + ko simpson, and possibly, m robinson does make you scratch your head. i agree with the poster who said not being with the team in mini camps and ota's has hurt him.

Atlanta Dan
06-19-2006, 08:30 PM
Does anyone know who Holmes' agent is? If it is someone like Rosenhaus (who has ties to the south Florida ball player community) then I doubt there is much hope in the agent talking Holmes out of career suicide.

OTOH, if it is someone who can attempt to reason with the kid (although that probably is less likely with someone who already has such lack of self-control that he already has three kids out of wedlock) a deal hopefully can be struck with the Columbus DA and whichever mom he roughed up last night, after which they hire whoever wrote Ben's mea culpa last week to do a "forgive me Steelers Nation" press release, get Holmes to Pittsburgh to work out at the team facilities for the next month, and then hope he has is done acting out his vision of what a NFL first round choice does and gets down to business.

I know the party line is he never had problems before, but do not underestimate the ability of boosters at a high powered program such as (but of course not only) OSU to sweep a lot of dirt under the rug.

The three kids (if nothing else it shows the moron does not have enough sense to protect himself) should have set off warning signs for the Steelers.

Searching the Internet for Holmes' Wonderlic - will post if located.

Big D
06-19-2006, 08:31 PM
i want everyone to know i had nothing to do with posting this thread.
why

tony hipchest
06-19-2006, 08:33 PM
Searching the Internet for Holmes' Wonderlic - will post if located.

:smile: please do. this oughtta be good. (im hoping he cracked the 'teens, but not holding my breath)

desertsteel
06-19-2006, 08:35 PM
Yeah... but did her injure her?!?!?!?:dang:

tony hipchest
06-19-2006, 08:38 PM
:smile: please do. this oughtta be good. (im hoping he cracked the 'teens, but not holding my breath)

disclaimer: by "cracking the teens" i dont mean in a chris henry sort of way.

Sharkissle29
06-19-2006, 08:51 PM
i cant wait till this kid (holmes) enters training camp if the steelers do decide to go through with him. he is gonna get tortured by cowher and his teammates. he will soon learn what you must become to be a pittsburgh steeler

nwksteeler
06-19-2006, 10:11 PM
This kid is really working his way into the dog house. I know and understand that we don't know the specifics but, come on at least space out your incidents and make it seem like your not a problem child. The situation is up in the air, but don't these kids even know what they are up against?

SteelerzGirl
06-19-2006, 10:14 PM
There seems to be conflicting reports. One that the "alleged" victim wasn't harmed, the other saying she was. If Holmes did physically abuse her, then why, oh why, would she request he be released at the arraignment? :dang: If some guy abused me, there is no amount of money that would keep me from pressing charges, and I sure as hell wouldn't want him near me again. I just want to slap some of these women! Don't they have any respect for themselves? Guh!

3 to be 4
06-19-2006, 11:18 PM
There seems to be conflicting reports. One that the "alleged" victim wasn't harmed, the other saying she was. If Holmes did physically abuse her, then why, oh why, would she request he be released at the arraignment? :dang: If some guy abused me, there is no amount of money that would keep me from pressing charges, and I sure as hell wouldn't want him near me again. I just want to slap some of these women! Don't they have any respect for themselves? Guh!

"I just want to slap some of these women"

sometimes the funniest comments are the ones not intended to be funny.

SteelerzGirl
06-19-2006, 11:35 PM
sometimes the funniest comments are the ones not intended to be funny.

You can be assured that I don't think women being abused by men is funny. And I also don't think making supposedly "witty" comments regarding someone's father who passed away when she is obviously in pain on Father's Day is funny either.

3 to be 4
06-19-2006, 11:46 PM
You can be assured that I don't think women being abused by men is funny. And I also don't think making supposedly "witty" comments regarding someone's father who passed away when she is obviously in pain on Father's Day is funny either.

1. Saying "I just want to slap some of these women" in a story about women being abused? YOU, are the one making light of women being abused by men. What was funny was your comment. Sorry that you didnt like being called on it but dont do the classic tactic of hiding behind " i dont think its funny when...." WHEN I NEVER SAID IT WAS.

2. "regarding someones father who just died on fathers day..."
what are you talking about????????????????????

SteelerzGirl
06-19-2006, 11:53 PM
1. Saying "I just want to slap some of these women" in a story about women being abused? YOU, are the one making light of women being abused by men. What was funny was your comment. Sorry that you didnt like being called on it but dont do the classic tactic of hiding behind " i dont think its funny when...." WHEN I NEVER SAID IT WAS.

2. "regarding someones father who just died on fathers day..."
what are you talking about????????????????????

1. Did you forget to take your medication today? I don't make light of women being abused by men. You can be assured of that. We're talking about a woman being possibly choked and beaten, not a girl who made a comment that a woman shouldn't take such abuse from a man and, thus, request that he be released at his arraignment. Maybe you should read up on some of the other threads regarding the issue w/Santonio. What part of that don't you understand? The Steelers boys around here may think your witty, but I don't. I think you have issues.

2. Go review the Father's Day thread. I hope you're happy w/the comment you made in that thread regarding Maidenarcher when she was obviously in pain. You simply have no compassion for anyone. It's such a shame when someone posts so much garbage that they can't even remember what they post. :pity:

3 to be 4
06-20-2006, 12:12 AM
1. Did you forget to take your medication today? I don't make light of women being abused by men. You can be assured of that. We're talking about a woman being possibly choked and beaten, not a girl who made a comment that a woman shouldn't take such abuse from a man and, thus, request that he be released at his arraignment. Maybe you should read up on some of the other threads regarding the issue w/Santonio. What part of that don't you understand? The Steelers boys around here may think your witty, but I don't. I think you have issues.

2. Go review the Father's Day thread. I hope you're happy w/the comment you made in that thread regarding Maidenarcher when she was obviously in pain. You simply have no compassion for anyone. It's such a shame when someone posts so much garbage that they can't even remember what they post. :pity:

i'll address #2 first. You are absolutly right. I just reviewed it and came to the painful realization that i never read her post, i just saw that quote and let the wisecrack fly. of all the times not to read first.... that looked awful on my part and i wrote an apology on the thread that i am sincere about as having just lost my own mother, i would be last person to knwingly do or say such a thing.
Thank you for pointing out to be what i did, i honestly never would have known.

as far as #1 huh????? Why cant you see that say "I just want to slap these women" is the most ridiculous (and insensitive) thing YOU could say?

but, oh well......whatever.

SteelerzGirl
06-20-2006, 12:31 AM
as far as #1 huh????? Why cant you see that say "I just want to slap these women" is the most ridiculous (and insensitive) thing YOU could say?

but, oh well......whatever.

Whatever? Let me explain it to you because you simply don't get it. My statement was not meant to be taken literally. I think that is quite clear to probably everyone but you, but my guess is you thought you were being just so darn witty. :rolleyes: I think any woman who is abused by a man should press charges immediately, not request his release at arraignment because she wants him for his money, if in fact that's the case in this instance, and I'm not saying it is or isn't because I don't yet have all the facts. However, men who are abusers usually don't stop if they know they can continue to get away with it. Do I feel badly for Santonio's woman if she was, in fact, abused by him? Of course I do. Do I think she made a bonehead move by requesting his release at arraignment if he did indeed abuse her? Of course I do. And if she did it because of his money, I pray to God that she doesn't have it happen to her again and the beating, choking, etc., results in a far worse scenario than happened yesterday.

I suggest you start reading posts thoroughly before you post a reply. It just proves how much BS you feel the need to post, and I think even Suit said something to you about it not too long ago.

tony hipchest
06-20-2006, 12:34 AM
I just want to slap some of these women! Don't they have any respect for themselves? Guh! yeah i wann a slap some of these women too :dang:

oh wait..... maybe i'll just go out and purchase a santonio holmes jersey.

unfortunately, these girls filing charges and then retracting them is the rule rather than the exception. its a neverending cycle that usually results in the girl being seriously harmed or dead before they learn their lesson.

in the case of holmes though, im not ready to call him o.j. simpson like most seem to think he is. it dont matter though. the fans have turned on him and he is ruined. i just hope its like very few others have said..... a money hungry baby's momma who is trying to manipulate the system and cash in on her horny ex's newfound wealth (even though he hasnt even signed a contract yet, but plenty of loan sharks have stuffed his pockets).

SteelerzGirl
06-20-2006, 12:37 AM
yeah i wann a slap some of these women too :dang:

Why am I not surprised. :dang:

3 to be 4
06-20-2006, 12:45 AM
Whatever? Let me explain it to you because you simply don't get it. My statement was not meant to be taken literally. I think that is quite clear to probably everyone but you, but my guess is you thought you were being just so darn witty. :rolleyes: I think any woman who is abused by a man should press charges immediately, not request his release at arraignment because she wants him for his money, if in fact that's the case in this instance, and I'm not saying it is or isn't because I don't yet have all the facts. However, men who are abusers usually don't stop if they know they can continue to get away with it. Do I feel badly for Santonio's woman if she was, in fact, abused by him? Of course I do. Do I think she made a bonehead move by requesting his release at arraignment if he did indeed abuse her? Of course I do. And if she did it because of his money, I pray to God that she doesn't have it happen to her again and the beating, choking, etc., results in a far worse scenario than happened yesterday.

I suggest you start reading posts thoroughly before you post a reply. It just proves how much BS you feel the need to post, and I think even Suit said something to you about it not too long ago.

UGH! I HAVE read it. I GET what your post was about. That doesnt respond at all to you making that ridiculous "I want to slap these women.." comment. I get that you dont "really" want to do it. but in a thread regarding women getting slapped around dont you have enough security in yourself to admit you made a slipup?
you are so quick to judge everybody else for their screwups. most normal people can laugh at themselves or admit when they mess up and be humble enough to apologize for it.
And dont bring a third person into this. That was a long time ago, i have been cool with that person, and its a real immature, high school girl tactic to hide behind "well, HE said.." when you are feeling a little unsure of yourself.

tony hipchest
06-20-2006, 12:48 AM
Why am I not surprised. :dang: i dont know. why arent you suprised?

after all it was you who said they wanted to slap a woman in a domestic violence thread wasnt it?

tsk tsk tsk.... lol!

i, on the other hand, (no pun intended) dont take such matters so lightly.

SteelerzGirl
06-20-2006, 12:52 AM
UGH! I HAVE read it. I GET what your post was about. That doesnt respond at all to you making that ridiculous "I want to slap these women.." comment. I get that you dont "really" want to do it. but in a thread regarding women getting slapped around dont you have enough security in yourself to admit you made a slipup?
you are so quick to judge everybody else for their screwups. most normal people can laugh at themselves or admit when they mess up and be humble enough to apologize for it.
And dont bring a third person into this. That was a long time ago, i have been cool with that person, and its a real immature, high school girl tactic to hide behind "well, HE said.." when you are feeling a little unsure of yourself.

Dude! You can rest assured I am probably more secure in who I am and what I'm all about than you are. Why do you think I'm here even wasting my time with someone like you? YOU are the one who doesn't seem to get it. If you get that I don't "really" want to slap that woman silly, then what's the issue? My statement wasn't meant to be taken literally, right? You just admitted that...(lol). Therefore, there was no "screw up" and/or "mess up", right? You just couldn't keep your mouth shut because you continue to insist on posting BS everywhere and think you're so so witty. This time, however, I wasn't letting you get away with it because, quite frankly, I've seen enough of your BS. So don't you dare turn this around on me. You can't control your behavior on this board. That's evident to us all, Patriots fan.

SteelerzGirl
06-20-2006, 12:57 AM
i dont know. why arent you suprised?

after all it was you who said they wanted to slap a woman in a domestic violence thread wasnt it?

tsk tsk tsk.... lol!

i, on the other hand, (no pun intended) dont take such matters so lightly.

Oh really? Hmmm... Interesting... Apparently you think I meant the comment literally, also? I can assure you I didn't. I'm not surprised that you're jumping on your buddy 2 x 4's bandwagon considering how tight (no pun intended) the two of you are. How simply immature and boorish of you. Poor things. :sofunny:

I'm out. I have work tomorrow. It's been fun! :rofl:

3 to be 4
06-20-2006, 12:59 AM
oooooh, you told me.

duh!!! yes. yes. you dont want to slap women around.
and in a thread about women being slapped around. you say "I want to slap them."

you are so devoid of a sense of humor you dont get the irony in that?

simply amazing.

thats all this was about. this whole thing got started because you dont get why your comment was funny.

fine it wasnt funny. i wont "dare" turn this around on you. oooooooooooh.

SteelerzGirl
06-20-2006, 01:02 AM
oooooh, you told me.

duh!!! yes. yes. you dont want to slap women around.
and in a thread about women being slapped around. you say "I want to slap them."

you are so devoid of a sense of humor you dont get the irony in that?

simply amazing.

thats all this was about. this whole thing got started because you dont get why your comment was funny.

fine it wasnt funny. i wont "dare" turn this around on you. oooooooooooh.

Oh honey... Believe me when I say that I do, in fact, have a great sense of humor. I'm here laughing at you, not with you, after all. It's not my fault you simply don't get it and still think a statement not to be taken literally was funny when we're talking about a woman who may have been abused. But then I'm not surprised given the fact that you have no compassion for anyone. Poor thing. :sofunny:

You and your boytoy have a great time, um, staying tight. Maybe he'll give you some big 'ol rep points. I'm off to bed. Nightie-nite...(lol).

tony hipchest
06-20-2006, 01:03 AM
Oh really? Hmmm... Interesting... Apparently you think I meant the comment literally, also? I can assure you I didn't. I'm not surprised that you're jumping on your buddy 2 x 4's bandwagon considering how tight (no pun intended) the two of you are. How simply immature and boorish of you. :sofunny: sooo.... you state that you wanna smack a woman who (allegedly) was just smacked around, and it is i who am a wifebeater???? just because you got called out on a comment you are so to quick to call anyone else on? nice deflectionary tactics but im not buying it. nor is anyone else.

funny joke:sofunny:

you wanna slap a woman who was just domesticaly abused (allegedly) :rofl:

i get it! :sofunny:

that is hilarious :busted:

pretending i wear tight white tanktops dont make it any different.

3 to be 4
06-20-2006, 01:11 AM
Oh honey... Believe me when I say that I do, in fact, have a great sense of humor. I'm here laughing at you, not with you, after all. It's not my fault you simply don't get it and still think a statement not to be taken literally was funny when we're talking about a woman who may have been abused. But then I'm not surprised given the fact that you have no compassion for anyone. Poor thing. :sofunny:

You and your boytoy have a great time, um, staying tight. Maybe he'll give you some big 'ol rep points. I'm off to bed. Nightie-nite...(lol).

" and still think a statement not to be taken literally was funny"

well, if its not meant to be taken literally, and its not meant to be funny, what the %^&
IS it meant as, genius?!?

Prosdo
06-20-2006, 01:22 AM
:popcorn:

Koopa
06-20-2006, 01:48 AM

Sign and trade. Hell, the Bengals are probably chomping at the bit right now...

lmao and smh @ you catching feelings from when i was joking around with on that statement.

SteelerzGirl
06-20-2006, 02:31 AM
sooo.... you state that you wanna smack a woman who (allegedly) was just smacked around, and it is i who am a wifebeater???? just because you got called out on a comment you are so to quick to call anyone else on? nice deflectionary tactics but im not buying it. nor is anyone else.

funny joke:sofunny:

you wanna slap a woman who was just domesticaly abused (allegedly) :rofl:

i get it! :sofunny:

that is hilarious :busted:

pretending i wear tight white tanktops dont make it any different.

Oh dear, oh dear... Dude, I called you out on more than you probably thought I knew and we both know it. (snicker)

No "deflectionary tactics" needed by me. Nice try, but I'm not buying it and neither is anyone else. We all know how "tight" you and 3 to be 4 are. Poor things. Give 'em some big 'ol rep, tony. It's your thang, right? :sofunny:

yeah i wann a slap some of these women too

So you meant that statement literally then? Then yes, I'd say you are a wifebeater. :sofunny:

floodcitygirl
06-20-2006, 02:40 AM
Gentlemen! I know that you know our sweet Steelerzgirl better than to think she's advocating domestic violence! Do we have a Mars and Venus thing going on here? (lol) Just in case you didn't know, women say as a common expression things like, "I could slap her, shake her", etc, when they are frustrated with the stupid actions of other women. Probably not something you'd hear a guy say, even if he thought it. Right? We do it all the time - and wouldn't think of it as a "screwup" to say it in that context. It just means that you want her to standup and respect herself. Just an FYI. :smile:

SteelerzGirl
06-20-2006, 02:40 AM
" and still think a statement not to be taken literally was funny"

well, if its not meant to be taken literally, and its not meant to be funny, what the %^&
IS it meant as, genius?!?

Do you think it was a funny statement? Do you think I meant it literally? You just said a few posts ago that you knew I didn't mean it literally. Let me explain it to you. It's simply no more than a statement that women make about other women who do dumb stuff like requesting alleged abusers to be released at their arraignment. I wouldn't expect you to understand (although I'm sure you do, but you and your boytoy had nothing better to do this evening), but I can assure you that some on this board do because I just got off the phone with one and we had a good 'ol laugh at you. Really! Poor 3 to be 4. Couldn't keep his mouth shut and tried to be witty yet again, but then it backfired and got called on it. Too bad I called you both out on it in return. Maybe you'll get that big 'ol rep later on today. :sofunny:

Steel Pit
06-20-2006, 03:31 AM
It's sad to say but the Domestic violence charge against Holmes will probably be dismissed in a few months from now due to lack of cooperation from the victim.
It won't make me feel any better about him. I've had my fill of Holmes letdowns and I'm embarassed to say that he's part of the team that I support. Domestic violence is one of the worst black eyes that an NFL player and/or organization can have. I don't see how the Steelers will be able to support Holmes after the media and womens/victims rights advocates beat the incident to death. It's a nasty, nasty situation.

I was excited as h e l l when we drafted Holmes but I now have a certain feeling about him that we're all familiar with. Immediately after the draft I felt the same as I have on a few occasions when sitting down at my favorite restaurant while eating my favorite dish. The 1st few bites are delicious and I'm thinking how good the food is and what a great selection that I've chosen from the menu. And then all of a sudden I take another bite and feel a HAIR in my mouth. YUCK, SPIT, SPIT! What was so good just moments ago isn't looking so good anymore. I want nothing more to do with the meal or it's origin ever again. That's how I feel about Holmes today.

Here's the local Columbus, Ohio news link of Santonio's arrest.
http://www.wbns10tv.com/

3 to be 4
06-20-2006, 06:53 AM
Do you think it was a funny statement? Do you think I meant it literally? You just said a few posts ago that you knew I didn't mean it literally. Let me explain it to you. It's simply no more than a statement that women make about other women who do dumb stuff like requesting alleged abusers to be released at their arraignment. I wouldn't expect you to understand (although I'm sure you do, but you and your boytoy had nothing better to do this evening), but I can assure you that some on this board do because I just got off the phone with one and we had a good 'ol laugh at you. Really! Poor 3 to be 4. Couldn't keep his mouth shut and tried to be witty yet again, but then it backfired and got called on it. Too bad I called you both out on it in return. Maybe you'll get that big 'ol rep later on today. :sofunny:

maybe its a part of your brain that just doesnt work. how many times do i have to say i know you didnt mean it literally?
I KNOW YOU DIDNT MEAN IT LITERALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and you've made it clear that you didnt mean for it to be funny. I KNOW YOU DIDNT MEAN FOR IT TO BE FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

and no, I DONT THINK DOMESTIC IOLENCE IS FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now, finally, lets go to the 4th part of the dynamic you miss over and over and over

I FOUND WHAT YOU SAID, NOT DOMESTIC VIOLENCE, BUT WHAT YOU SAID, TO BE FUNNY.
NOT THAT YOU FOUND IT FUNNY, NOT THAT YOU CONDONE DOMESTIC VIOLENCE, NOT THAT I FIND DOMESTIC VIOLENCE TO BE FUNNY,
BUT WHAT YOU SAID..WAS FUNNY AND IRONIC, OK??????

DO WE GET IT NOW?????????

MAN, you're going to make some guy very happy. :rolleyes: :dang: :rolleyes: :dang:

it has to be a men are from mars women are from venus thing. must be.....no other explanation for it.......

as far as your immature side comments, does that mean you have lesbian relationships with the girls who agree with your posts?

SteelerzGirl
06-20-2006, 07:59 AM
maybe its a part of your brain that just doesnt work. how many times do i have to say i know you didnt mean it literally?
I KNOW YOU DIDNT MEAN IT LITERALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and you've made it clear that you didnt mean for it to be funny. I KNOW YOU DIDNT MEAN FOR IT TO BE FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

and no, I DONT THINK DOMESTIC IOLENCE IS FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now, finally, lets go to the 4th part of the dynamic you miss over and over and over

I FOUND WHAT YOU SAID, NOT DOMESTIC VIOLENCE, BUT WHAT YOU SAID, TO BE FUNNY.
NOT THAT YOU FOUND IT FUNNY, NOT THAT YOU CONDONE DOMESTIC VIOLENCE, NOT THAT I FIND DOMESTIC VIOLENCE TO BE FUNNY,
BUT WHAT YOU SAID..WAS FUNNY AND IRONIC, OK??????

DO WE GET IT NOW?????????

MAN, you're going to make some guy very happy. :rolleyes: :dang: :rolleyes: :dang:

it has to be a men are from mars women are from venus thing. must be.....no other explanation for it.......

as far as your immature side comments, does that mean you have lesbian relationships with the girls who agree with your posts?

I tried telling you over and over what the deal was regarding my statement, but you just wouldn't listen because you were trying to be oh so witty. :dang: :rolleyes: It's not my fault you simply didn't get it. Flood, another woman, did. So what's that tell me? It tells me you simply have no clue about women, which is evident by your feeling the need to butt your nose into this to begin with. That's YOUR fault. So how many more times are you going to change your story? You've changed it several times now while I've stayed the course. Back and forth, back and forth you went, changing your story everytime. Now you simply look foolish. :dang:

Regarding your immature and quite boorish side comments, here's a little something for the two of you to ponder...

One of the SF members and I were talking on the phone last week and we were discussing how we wish some of you who think you’re the “big dogs” would actually stop hiding behind your computer screens and actually show your faces in Pittsburgh for a Steelers game or perhaps even at training camp. Do either of you have plans on doing that this season? I'm sure you don't because you're not even a Steelers fan. And I can pretty much guarantee you that tony won't either. I have plans on being in Pittsburgh for the games, as well as going to training camp. Some of us, both male and female, don’t hide behind our computer screens or log onto the board in invisible mode because we actually have busy lives and have nothing to hide. There are a lot of members who know what I look like, know all about my personal life, have talked to me on the phone, have e-mailed, PM’d, IM’d, etc., whenever they feel like it just because we’re friends. They have my home phone, cell phone, and work phone numbers. I’ve made arrangements to meet up with quite a few of them, along with my "real life" friends, from two different boards to not only tailgate and attend Steelers games with them in Pittsburgh, but to also possibly go to the Brickyard for the NASCAR race in August. I’ll bet the two of you, on the other hand, won’t show up anywhere in person with anyone. How sad it is that some people feel the need to do the things you do and say the things you say on message boards yet you don’t have the guts to put your money where your mouth is and show up in person. I, on the other hand, have nothing to hide.

Isn't it really something when a girl has to bail a guy out of the Blast Furnace because he's up against it with a Bengals fan? I have the big 'ol rep thanking me oh so profusely for it. Priceless! :sofunny:

Now, I've made my point and I have work to do and plans for tonight. I'm sure you and your buddy will be online here all night. Poor things. Try to make him understand the PA no helmet law. He's having a hard time understanding it. :rolleyes:

Ohio Steeler
06-20-2006, 08:11 AM
Steeler Santonio Holmes charged with domestic violence, released from custody
Monday, June 19, 2006

By Shelley Anderson, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Steelers 2006 first-round draft pick Santonio Holmes was released on a $3,500 recognizance bond this afternoon in Columbus after he was arrested late last night on charges of domestic violence and an outstanding warrant for a minor traffic violation.

He entered a plea of not guilty.

According to two Columbus police spokesmen, Holmes, 22, was arrested at an apartment just after midnight after Columbus police responded to a call from a woman who is the mother of Holmes' youngest child, Shaniya, 4 months.

After talking with the woman, who has not been identified, police arrested Holmes, who had returned to the apartment while police were taking a report. Holmes was described as cooperative.

"Nobody's injured. There was no injuries," Holmes' lawyer, Samuel Shamansky said of the incident.

The former Ohio State receiver originally was to be arraigned tommorrow morning, but that was moved up at the request of Shamansky and the sheriff's department. Holmes appeared in prison khakis and handcuffs before Judge Anne Taylor.

According to Shamansky, the alleged victim was present at the arraignment and requested that Holmes be released.

"I think that it's upsetting, but he's doing just fine," Shamansky said of Holmes. "He takes the matter very seriously and looks forward to putting the whole thing behind him."

It was Holmes' second arrest since being selected in the first round of the NFL draft. He was arrested in South Beach, Fla., for disorderly conduct during a Memorial Day weekend crackdown by local authorities.

Steelers Coach Bill Cowher criticized Holmes the following week, but said he wouldn't hold the incident against the former Ohio State receiver.

"Whatever he did wrong, I don't think he handled it properly," Cowher said then. "I think he'll learn from it and understand the scrutiny he's under. We have not talked face to face about it. I don't have any long-term concerns."

ok after reading this I do belive he did nothin worng and the woman just was hot and told police he did something and by Ohio law they had to take him to jail, watch this will blow over and he will be cleared...

floodcitygirl
06-20-2006, 10:59 AM

as far as your immature side comments, does that mean you have lesbian relationships with the girls who agree with your posts? In respose to these 3 points:

1. My understanding is that she's been there - done that! Also from the posts that I've read, I think there are a couple of guys from this board that would like to find out! (lol)

2. It seems that I've heard this wisdom from somewhere before!

3. I'm getting a bit concerned. This is the second time in the last couple of days on this board that I've had to say that I'm NOT a switch hitter!!! I know that I'm married with children but I must REALLY be losing my touch! :crying01: Anybody know where I can get some good flirting lessons appropriate for cyberspace??? I must need some help in finding my inner cyber-vixen!!! :sofunny:

Suitanim
06-20-2006, 11:06 AM
I know the party line is he never had problems before, but do not underestimate the ability of boosters at a high powered program such as (but of course not only) OSU to sweep a lot of dirt under the rug.

I'd say that this would be true under normal circumstances, but at the time Holmes was at OSU, they were under about as much scrutiny as a college football program can be under. They had the whole Clarrett thing going on, the NCAA was interviewing all the players, they caught Troy Smith a couple times, the basketball program was under investigation and suffered sanctions...if Holmes was effing around in the last few years, they'd have caught him.

3 to be 4
06-20-2006, 06:46 PM
I tried telling you over and over what the deal was regarding my statement, but you just wouldn't listen because you were trying to be oh so witty. :dang: :rolleyes: It's not my fault you simply didn't get it. Flood, another woman, did. So what's that tell me? It tells me you simply have no clue about women, which is evident by your feeling the need to butt your nose into this to begin with. That's YOUR fault. So how many more times are you going to change your story? You've changed it several times now while I've stayed the course. Back and forth, back and forth you went, changing your story everytime. Now you simply look foolish. :dang:

Regarding your immature and quite boorish side comments, here's a little something for the two of you to ponder...

One of the SF members and I were talking on the phone last week and we were discussing how we wish some of you who think you?re the ?big dogs? would actually stop hiding behind your computer screens and actually show your faces in Pittsburgh for a Steelers game or perhaps even at training camp. Do either of you have plans on doing that this season? I'm sure you don't because you're not even a Steelers fan. And I can pretty much guarantee you that tony won't either. I have plans on being in Pittsburgh for the games, as well as going to training camp. Some of us, both male and female, don?t hide behind our computer screens or log onto the board in invisible mode because we actually have busy lives and have nothing to hide. There are a lot of members who know what I look like, know all about my personal life, have talked to me on the phone, have e-mailed, PM?d, IM?d, etc., whenever they feel like it just because we?re friends. They have my home phone, cell phone, and work phone numbers. I?ve made arrangements to meet up with quite a few of them, along with my "real life" friends, from two different boards to not only tailgate and attend Steelers games with them in Pittsburgh, but to also possibly go to the Brickyard for the NASCAR race in August. I?ll bet the two of you, on the other hand, won?t show up anywhere in person with anyone. How sad it is that some people feel the need to do the things you do and say the things you say on message boards yet you don?t have the guts to put your money where your mouth is and show up in person. I, on the other hand, have nothing to hide.

Isn't it really something when a girl has to bail a guy out of the Blast Furnace because he's up against it with a Bengals fan? I have the big 'ol rep thanking me oh so profusely for it. Priceless! :sofunny:

Now, I've made my point and I have work to do and plans for tonight. I'm sure you and your buddy will be online here all night. Poor things. Try to make him understand the PA no helmet law. He's having a hard time understanding it. :rolleyes:

whatever.:blah: :rolleyes: :blah: