PDA

View Full Version : Palmer Passes, but Return Date Uncertain

tony hipchest
06-19-2006, 06:20 PM
weve all heard the great reports that hes ready to go in preseason BUT.......

"Now we've got a couple of months," Palmer said, following his most ambitious workout since his surgery. "I wish we had a couple of more months for me personally.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FBN_BENGALS_PALMER?SITE=PAPIT&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=sports.htm

CantStop85
06-19-2006, 06:27 PM
Well yeah, the more recovery time you have the better you're going to feel both mentally and physically about playing that first game.

MattsMe
06-19-2006, 06:33 PM
"Now we've got a couple of months," Palmer said, following his most ambitious workout since his surgery. "I wish we had a couple of more months for me personally."

Sounds like he's not comfortable with returning that soon. For his sake, I hope they don't rush him back too early.

tony hipchest
06-19-2006, 06:34 PM
Well yeah, the more recovery time you have the better you're going to feel both mentally and physically about playing that first game.

"la la la la la".

the more recovery time you have, the more youre gonna heal.

this is about healing, not feeling.

seems like he "feels" he could use a couple of extra months.

MattsMe
06-19-2006, 06:38 PM
"la la la la la".

So maybe it's a mental thing with him? If so, the Bungles could be in more trouble than they thought.

CantStop85
06-19-2006, 06:39 PM
"la la la la la".

Yeah...you feel better physically because you've healed more and you also feel more confident in your own abilities having had that extra time to recover.

tony hipchest
06-19-2006, 06:45 PM
Yeah...you feel better physically because you've healed more and you also feel more confident in your own abilities having had that extra time to recover. looks like carson wont be ready until about week 5 or 6 then. i didnt make this quote up. the words came out of his mouth. you should convince him, not me.

very interresting to say the least. im sure, being the stand-up guy and consumate pro he is, he feels great pressure to come back as soon as physically possible, regardless of how he "feels".

CantStop85
06-19-2006, 06:48 PM
looks like carson wont be ready until about week 5 or 6 then. i didnt make this quote up. the words came out of his mouth. you should convince him, not me.

very interresting to say the least. im sure, being the stand-up guy and consumate pro he is, he feels great pressure to come back as soon as physically possible, regardless of how he "feels".
No, he'll be playing in at least two preseason games for sure...the only question is if he'll feel completely ready by the time the season rolls around. He may feel a little uncomfortable at first but I think he'll play fine.

tony hipchest
06-19-2006, 06:53 PM
No, he'll be playing in at least two preseason games for sure...the only question is if he'll feel completely ready by the time the season rolls around. He may feel a little uncomfortable at first but I think he'll play fine.

i thought you didnt play fine unless you feel fine? which is it?

Hawk Believer
06-19-2006, 07:07 PM
i thought you didnt play fine unless you feel fine? which is it?
Replace the word "fine" with "marvelous", add a latino accent, and you have yourself a Billy Crystal routine TH.

BengalBrian
06-20-2006, 02:18 AM
Sounds like Tony is a little too happy that Carson said something..

He is two months ahead of schedule and on schedule would have had him back after our bye..

And it is about healing AND mentallity.. He has to be able to not think what MIGHT happen if I step into that pocket to launch the long ball.. Or just the fear of that happening again.. It will be in his mind.. But how much.. That is also part of his recovery or the recovery of any player returning from an injury...

He will be back.. And he will be the same Carson

DIESELMAN
06-20-2006, 02:31 AM
Sounds like Tony is a little too happy that Carson said something..

He is two months ahead of schedule and on schedule would have had him back after our bye..

And it is about healing AND mentallity.. He has to be able to not think what MIGHT happen if I step into that pocket to launch the long ball.. Or just the fear of that happening again.. It will be in his mind.. But how much.. That is also part of his recovery or the recovery of any player returning from an injury...

Thats all Tony was saying, Palmer said ""I wish we had a couple of more months for me personally." which sounded like mentally he might not be on the same schedule as he is physically. You just backed up what Carson said by saying "He has to be able to not think what MIGHT happen if I step into that pocket to launch the long ball.. Or just the fear of that happening again.. It will be in his mind.. But how much.." We all wish Palmer a speedy and a 110% return and I think Carson will make sure he comes back when he feels ready not just physically BUT mentally as well.

Ambridge
06-20-2006, 08:42 AM

If Carson can feel good enough both physically and mentally to play in preseason games logic would have it that he might be ready for the regular season.
Regardless of when he comes back there's no doubt he's going to be gun shy for a period of time(usually up to a year/full season until they stop thinking about the injury) and his performance will probably reflect that.

ARKIESTEEL
06-20-2006, 08:54 AM
I dont have much faith in the folks that make the calls over there at bungle land so my fear is they bring Carson back to soon and he gets realy messed up. Not hopeing this happens just scared that it will.

Suitanim
06-20-2006, 10:51 AM
Personally, if I was a Bengals fan (you know, inbred, sporting about 17 less teeth, and an IQ of about 45), I'd be VERY worried about this. He's openly admitting that he's rushing himself back, 8-10 weeks earlier than he should be.

This guy is jeopardizing his whole career to play a few more games.

Ambridge
06-20-2006, 07:41 PM
Personally, if I was a Bengals fan (you know, inbred, sporting about 17 less teeth, and an IQ of about 45), I'd be VERY worried about this. He's openly admitting that he's rushing himself back, 8-10 weeks earlier than he should be.

This guy is jeopardizing his whole career to play a few more games.

This really puts that Sports Illustrated article about the "Super Rehab" of Carson Palmer in a different perspective.

Suitanim
06-20-2006, 07:56 PM
This really puts that Sports Illustrated article about the "Super Rehab" of Carson Palmer in a different perspective.

Responsibly, and looking at the big picture, I'd consider him back on the field in mid-October the best case scenario. If he comes back sooner and makes it work, God bless him. Rod Woodson's "super-rehab" case was QUITE different. He went down in week one, and worked his way back to play ONE game, the BIGGEST game. That's a different kind of risk-assessment factor...

BengalBrian
09-23-2006, 09:40 PM
Responsibly, and looking at the big picture, I'd consider him back on the field in mid-October the best case scenario. If he comes back sooner and makes it work, God bless him. Rod Woodson's "super-rehab" case was QUITE different. He went down in week one, and worked his way back to play ONE game, the BIGGEST game. That's a different kind of risk-assessment factor...

lol

jaysta
09-24-2006, 01:44 AM
lol

What's that all about? The guy's a great QB and I wish him the best and hope that he finishes the season healthy. He came back early and hopefully he continues to stay healthy...especially after getting sacked repeatedly by the Steelers D. :helmet: