PDA

View Full Version : Healthy Culpepper propels Dolphins

Aqua4Ever04
06-19-2006, 05:36 PM
Now knowing that QB Daunte Culpepper will be ready for team training camp makes them a serious contender in the AFC. I look forward to watching the Dolphins vs Steelers game on opening night, and I seriously believe the Fins will win. Are you Steelers fans the least bit worried? I bet you will say you're not but I just want to see what your perception of our team is.

tony hipchest
06-19-2006, 05:41 PM
good team making great strides. but let me tell you... the steelers d fears no qb. not even "pep". not manning, not mcnabb, not hasselbeck, not brady, not carson, not c. frye etc.

herse hoping "pep" gets one of those designer #55 backpacks that have seemed to become so stylish amongst nfl qb's

83-Steelers-43
06-19-2006, 05:41 PM
Well, you bet correctly. Obviously you feel the same way with the Dolphins beating us.

While I feel Culpepper will make the Phins a better team, I don't feel they are ready to hang with the big dogs just yet.

Two names: Porter and Polamalu.

CantStop85
06-19-2006, 05:45 PM
The Dolphin's offense will be much improved (if Culpepper plays like the Culpepper of old and not last year's version). But that defense is still snuggly soft.

http://www.boydsbearcountry.com/pigeonforge/images/exclusives/970350SM.jpg

tony hipchest
06-19-2006, 05:48 PM
The Dolphin's offense will be much improved (if Culpepper plays like the Culpepper of old and not last year's version). But that defense is still snuggly soft.

http://www.boydsbearcountry.com/pigeonforge/images/exclusives/970350SM.jpg

....said the tiggerfan.

"ttfn" -tigger

RoethlisBURGHer
06-19-2006, 05:55 PM
I think C-Pepp will make the Dolphins a better team as long as he plays better than he did last year.If he plays last year's version of C-Pepp then you guys are in trouble.

And as for the opener to the season,you guys don't stand a chance IMHO.C-Pepp will be knocking off the rust (pre-season doesn't let you knock off the rust when it comes to missing a huge chunk of the last season sue to injury...you barley get any playing time and the games are less intense),but our defense will help knock some of that rust off of him via Porter,Polamalu,Haggans,Foote,Farrior,Smith,& Hampton.

And our offense proved in the playoffs that it can too be explosive.Expect big strides in Big Ben's stats begining with this game.

The Steelers will be extra pumped for this game as will be the fans.It's our first game in our World Championship Title Defense and I think the 'Phins will just get mauled.

But have fun competing for the AFC East and/or a Wild Card spot...I think you guys will make the playoffs.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-19-2006, 05:56 PM
Now knowing that QB Daunte Culpepper will be ready for team training camp makes them a serious contender in the AFC. I look forward to watching the Dolphins vs Steelers game on opening night, and I seriously believe the Fins will win. Are you Steelers fans the least bit worried? I bet you will say you're not but I just want to see what your perception of our team is.

No, the Steelers fans worst nightmare isn't the Dophins with Daunte "Wounded Knee" Culpepper at QB. Our worst nightmare is Big Ben riding motorcycles. Ok, Daunte might be recovering fine from his terrible knee injury. But, he suffered three torn knee ligaments. So it will take some time for Daunte, to fully recover from that injury. Factor in all the pressure Steelers defense brings. Thats not a good opening game for Daunte to be coming off a knee injury. If, the Dolphins, stand any chance they better run the football. But, what does the Steelers defense do best is shutting down a teams run game. So, I really see a long day for Daunte and the Dolphins offense.

Don't even get me started about your defense. They are old and have lost alot of talent in the secondary. The Dolphins are still at best a 8 or 9 win team.

83-Steelers-43
06-19-2006, 05:56 PM
I think C-Pepp will make the Dolphins a better team as long as he plays better than he did last year.If he plays last year's version of C-Pepp then you guys are in trouble.

And as for the opener to the season,you guys don't stand a chance IMHO.C-Pepp will be knocking off the rust (pre-season doesn't let you knock off the rust when it comes to missing a huge chunk of the last season sue to injury...you barley get any playing time and the games are less intense),but our defense will help knock some of that rust off of him via Porter,Polamalu,Haggans,Foote,Farrior,Smith,& Hampton.

And our offense proved in the playoffs that it can too be explosive.Expect big strides in Big Ben's stats begining with this game.

The Steelers will be extra pumped for this game as will be the fans.It's our first game in our World Championship Title Defense and I think the 'Phins will just get mauled.

But have fun competing for the AFC East and/or a Wild Card spot...I think you guys will make the playoffs.

Well stated. :smile:

Aqua4Ever04
06-19-2006, 06:03 PM
I do understand why you guys would say that you aren't worried. I mean you are the Super Bowl champs for crying out loud. But you have to understand, the Fins haven't been in such anticipation for a season like this since I can remember. Saban has taken our team and completely turned it around.

We have gone from the 28th rated passer, to a pro bowl QB. We have a brand new secondary, one of the best fullbacks in football, a new LT and upgraded depth at the WR posistion.

The Steelers have lost one of their top DBs in Chris Hope, lost a big part of the offense in Randel El and lost thier captain and leader in Jerome Bettis.

We have gotten much better and you guys have only lost players. Do you guys believe that you will be a better team than last year?

Black@Gold Forever32
06-19-2006, 06:10 PM
I do understand why you guys would say that you aren't worried. I mean you are the Super Bowl champs for crying out loud. But you have to understand, the Fins haven't been in such anticipation for a season like this since I can remember. Saban has taken our team and completely turned it around.

We have gone from the 28th rated passer, to a pro bowl QB. We have a brand new secondary, one of the best fullbacks in football, a new LT and upgraded depth at the WR posistion.

The Steelers have lost one of their top DBs in Chris Hope, lost a big part of the offense in Randel El and lost thier captain and leader in Jerome Bettis.

We have gotten much better and you guys have only lost players. Do you guys believe that you will be a better team than last year?

Oh, we lost Chris Hope who couldn't cover my grandma. We lost Randle El and his big 35 catches and 1 TD. Wow, what production to replace. El, will be missed most as a punt returner. All the Steelers did was draft Willie Reid, who broke Deion Sander's punt return records at Florida State. We, will miss Jerome's leadership more then anything. But lets face Jerome, was past his prime. Willie Parker had a fine season as a first time starter.

Before you go tooting the horn of the Dolphins. Look at your last six wins. Nothing to scream about. The Pats was your best win and the Pats were not playing for anything in that game. Sorry if I sound alittle heated. But I spent some time reading the garbage on one of your Dolphins boards today and had to deal with some Dolphins homers who are totally over looking the Steelers game. They really think the Steelers game is going to be a cake walk.

RoethlisBURGHer
06-19-2006, 06:15 PM

We didn't lose much.

Chris Hope was good but overpayed and we replaced him with Ryan Clark who I think is better in coverage than Hope was.And he can also hit like a truck just liek Hope did.Clark did the same thing in Washington that he's gonna be asked to do in Pittsburgh,cover the field while the SS does what he does...in Pittsburgh the SS is Troy Polamalu in Washington it was Taylor.

Randle El wasn't a huge part of our offense.He had 35 catches for 558 yards and 1 TD.He threw the ball with trick plays but Ward can do that and I think Miller played TE in high school.Not to mention we drafted Omar Jacobs and he might be able to do some of that trick play stuff.And for the reciever part of El's game,I think Cedrick Wilson will put up better stats and we drafted Holmes who will become a force on the offense if he keeps his a$s out of jail.

We lost a lot of leadership in Jerome Bettis,but he wasn't the team's only leader.Porter,Polamalu,Farrior,Ward,Faneca,Harting s are all big leaders and Ben is one and he will become even more of a leader this year.And Heath Miller is very well respected on the team and his leaderhsip roles will only expand.

Suitanim
06-19-2006, 06:32 PM
Wow...did a Bungals fan actually call the DOLPHINS defense soft? I must've misread that...

I'll give TSN (Yes, still a baseball mag, but they are trying) credit. They gave the 'Phins one of the few "A's" they rewarded for offseason moves, and had the courage to be the first major news outlet to hop off the Pats *****wagon and reward them the only, the ONLY "F".

There's gonna be a new sheriff in the town of the AFC East Next year...

Big D
06-19-2006, 06:52 PM
I'm originally from south dakota and i've gotten the displeasure of watching culpepper since he was a rookie. He is color blind, loves throwing ints. and hes the biggest fumble **** i've ever seen. The guy was awful before he got hurt.
I wouldnt worry about him

tony hipchest
06-19-2006, 06:53 PM

We have gotten much better and you guys have only lost players. Do you guys believe that you will be a better team than last year? when did we lose hines ward, ike taylor or troy polamalu?????

keep in mind, in the last 2 years the steelers have won all the games with hines or plex missing being injured. el will be replaced and all the steelers players and mgmt are confident in this.

Big D
06-19-2006, 06:57 PM
I think i speak for everyone in here when i say i'm terrified of what a one legged color blind fumble **** qb can do to us..

Aqua4Ever04
06-19-2006, 07:11 PM
Well I appreciate all you guys who actully gave a good response with good input and wern't complete di**s about it. You other people are riduculous however. I still think we are going to beat you and when we do I will be back here to talk about. :)

83-Steelers-43
06-19-2006, 07:14 PM
Personally, I don't recall anybody being complete d***'s or being "riduculous". Bother to name who or what statements in particular?

Black@Gold Forever32
06-19-2006, 07:19 PM
Well I appreciate all you guys who actully gave a good response with good input and wern't complete di**s about it. You other people are riduculous however. I still think we are going to beat you and when we do I will be back here to talk about. :)

Well, you come to our board starting crap. What, did you expect? I'm saying it right now the Dolphins won't even make it a close game.

Big D
06-19-2006, 07:21 PM
Personally, I don't recall anybody being complete d***'s or being "riduculous". Bother to name who or what statements in particular?
he's probably refering to my comment about culpepper being a color blind one legged fumble ****

Big D
06-19-2006, 07:22 PM
Well, you come to our board starting crap. What, did you expect? I'm saying it right now the Dolphins won't even make it a close game.
yeah its ok for him to come in here and taunt us but when we feed it back he crys about it

DIESELMAN
06-19-2006, 07:30 PM
You started this thread come back no matter what.....:helmet: The Fins have made big strides since a couple of years ago and I think will turn a lot of heads this year. They have got a great shot at the playoffs and I wish you guys a good season. As far as the season opener DON'T count on a win you'll put up a good fight but the mere fact that you'll be playing the defending Super Bowl Champs in the season opener at Heinz field will be to much to overcome......:helmet:

Big D
06-19-2006, 07:32 PM
You started this thread come back no matter what.....:helmet: The Fins have made big strides since a couple of years ago and I think will turn a lot of heads this year. They have got a great shot at the playoffs and I wish you guys a good season. As far as the season opener DON'T count on a win you'll put up a good fight but the mere fact that you'll be playing the defending Super Bowl Champs in the season opener at Heinz field will be to much to overcome......:helmet:
and of course we will have our soldier ben leading the way

Aqua4Ever04
06-19-2006, 07:40 PM

So are you guys just absolutely unbeatable? Do you think you will go 16-0? I certainly don't think you will and I like our chances. Thanks for the props, I think we will defintly be in the playoffs this year. Good luck to you guys in the upcomming season!

83-Steelers-43
06-19-2006, 07:42 PM
So are you guys just absolutely unbeatable? Do you think you will go 16-0? I certainly don't think you will and I like our chances.

I don't recall anybody stating that we are unbeatable or that we will go 16-0. You asked us if we think that the Dolphins will beat the defending Super Bowl Champions in our house on opening day.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-19-2006, 08:14 PM
So are you guys just absolutely unbeatable? Do you think you will go 16-0? I certainly don't think you will and I like our chances. Thanks for the props, I think we will defintly be in the playoffs this year. Good luck to you guys in the upcomming season!

Of, course the Steelers won't go 16-0. The Steelers will go 19-0 including playoffs. J/K I don't recall any Steelers fan proclaiming the Steelers unbeatable. But, what do you want us to do. Bow down and worship the Dolphins and proclaim their greatness and that they will totally kick our ass on Sept. 7. I also don't recall anybody knocking the Dolphins just giving solid reason on why we think the Steelers will win the game.

Yes the Steelers have lost some starters. But overall this team with the young players the Steelers do have will continue to grow and makeup for the players we did lose. Daunte Culpepper is a hell of a QB. But the fact is he is coming off a terrible injury. Yea he is looking good. But he will still have some setbacks. The Steelers style of defense isn't good for a QB coming off three torn knee ligaments. The Steelers defense makes all pro QB's that 100 percent healthy look silly at times. What do you think they will do in Daunte's first regular season game back. Plus Daunte was playing like garbage before the injury and still has to prove he can get the job done without Randy Moss.

CantStop85
06-19-2006, 10:31 PM
Plus Daunte was playing like garbage before the injury and still has to prove he can get the job done without Randy Moss.
Bingo.

Aqua4Ever04
06-19-2006, 11:27 PM
[QUOTE=Black and Gold Forever 32
Plus Daunte was playing like garbage before the injury and still has to prove he can get the job done without Randy Moss.[/QUOTE]

I am so sick of hearing that Randy Moss garbage. In 2004, when Daunte had his best season, Moss missed 3 games entirely, and missed much of 3 other games where he had no more than 3 catches in any of those games.

That year Moss did have 13 TDs, but Daunte threw 39 compared to just 11 INTs. I think that is getting it down without Moss.

You guys do know that Daunte has the highest completion percentage of all time right?

Big D
06-20-2006, 07:30 AM
You are right about that 04 season. But randy moss grew double teams which led a wr open pretty much at all times. As i've said i'm from south dakota and I lived on the south dakota minnesota border. I've seen this guy play and I promise you he is nothing to have a wet dream over or think he is the dolphins savior. He may have a high completion percentage but he fumbles and throws alot of ints. Good luck. Dont you think if minnesota thought he was that pro bowler he used to be dont you think they would have kept him? or at least have gotten a little more value for him.

CantStop85
06-20-2006, 10:26 AM
I am so sick of hearing that Randy Moss garbage. In 2004, when Daunte had his best season, Moss missed 3 games entirely, and missed much of 3 other games where he had no more than 3 catches in any of those games.

That year Moss did have 13 TDs, but Daunte threw 39 compared to just 11 INTs. I think that is getting it down without Moss.

You guys do know that Daunte has the highest completion percentage of all time right?
Well if it weren't for Daunte's injury last season, you'd be hearing a lot more of that Randy Moss garbage. Did you happen to see Daunte play last season before he got hurt? 7 games with 6 TD's and 12 INT's. I wouldn't expect much more out of Culpepper this season. Don't you think tearing 3 ligaments in your leg would limit your effectiveness as a mobile quarterback? Also, Daunte's very prone to fumbling, averaging about 15 fumbles a season...if you add in his typical number of interceptions you're looking at at least 20 odd turnovers by him this season.

Big D
06-20-2006, 10:31 AM
Well if it weren't for Daunte's injury last season, you'd be hearing a lot more of that Randy Moss garbage. Did you happen to see Daunte play last season before he got hurt? 7 games with 6 TD's and 12 INT's. I wouldn't expect much more out of Culpepper this season. Don't you think tearing 3 ligaments in your leg would limit your effectiveness as a mobile quarterback? Also, Daunte's very prone to fumbling, averaging about 15 fumbles a season...if you add in his typical number of interceptions you're looking at at least 20 odd turnovers by him this season.
very good point. He also is a terrible leader. And for any of you who dont know he is a moron one of the reasons he has to go t o ucf if because his academics were in the hole in highschool. Another reason the vikings traded him is because they werent confident he would be able to learn the west coast offense. He also had Vince Young type of numbers on the wonderlic. I think he needs to keep the helmet on off and on the field

Suitanim
06-20-2006, 11:22 AM

On a Nationally televised home game? On a Thursday Night with the whole World watching? The first time the Steelers are back on their home turf since the last regular season game last year? On the first night the fans get to publicly thank the Steelers for the Super Bowl win?

Yeah, I'd say the Steelers will be pretty much unbeatable on that particular night...

Aqua4Ever04
06-20-2006, 02:20 PM
On a Nationally televised home game? On a Thursday Night with the whole World watching? The first time the Steelers are back on their home turf since the last regular season game last year? On the first night the fans get to publicly thank the Steelers for the Super Bowl win?

Yeah, I'd say the Steelers will be pretty much unbeatable on that particular night...

Yeah you're probably right. The Dolphins won't be excited for this game at all. The Steelers will win because they haven't played at home for a long time. LOL! What that hell does all that mean? The Fins are going to be so amped because of their new team and new direction. It will be a great game and the Fins will take it!

Aqua4Ever04
06-20-2006, 02:22 PM

Well Chris Chambers is just as capable as Randy Moss. If Randy Moss makes QBs so great, then why did Kerry Collins get cut by the Raiders? Shouldn't have Moss made him a pro bowler?

Daunte will be a pro bowler again.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-20-2006, 02:28 PM

"I think that is getting it down without Moss". Well Daunte did get down with Moss on the field. I think you meant to say done. Yea Daunte had a great year in 2004. There is doubting that. But three torn knee ligaments not to mention he was playing like garbage before the injury and I have some doubts about Daunte. Sorry but would do want to do proclaim Daunte as the greatest QB ever and that he will totally kick the Steelers ass? Not to mention Daunte has some serious leadership issues. As the QB being a leader is important.

The Dolphins are headed in the right direction under Nick Saban. Sorry me being a Steelers fan and thinking the Steelers will win the opener. I think the Dolphins are still a year away from making some noise in the AFC. I see another 9-7 season for them. They will be a better but the record won't reflect it.

Steel12
06-20-2006, 03:27 PM
The Dolphins are headed in the right direction under Nick Saban. Sorry me being a Steelers fan and thinking the Steelers will win the opener. I think the Dolphins are still a year away from making some noise in the AFC. I see another 9-7 season for them. They will be a better but the record won't reflect it.

I don't know about them goin 9-7...if you look at their schedule, they have many winnable games (even though I know you really can't go off of last years record). I think this is the year they dethrone the Patriots.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-20-2006, 03:35 PM
I don't know about them goin 9-7...if you look at their schedule, they have many winnable games (even though I know you really can't go off of last years record). I think this is the year they dethrone the Patriots.

I don't think they dethrone the Pats just yet. True the Dolphins did win their last six games. But they were against the Raiders, Chargers, Titans, Bills, Jets and Pats. Which the Pats had nothing to play for in that game. So beating the Pats wasn't that impressive when the Pats were playing a meaningless game. I'm just ready to start comparing this current Dolphins team to the 1972 Dolphins team. The Dolphins defense is getting older and their secondary isn't as good as years past. Daunte even though is looking good so far still will have some effects from tearing three knee ligaments. Plus he was playing like crap before the injury.

I will say this the Dolphins are headed in the right direction under Nick Saban. I still think they are a year away.

Steel12
06-20-2006, 03:45 PM
I don't think they dethrone the Pats just yet. True the Dolphins did win their last six games. But they were against the Raiders, Chargers, Titans, Bills, Jets and Pats. Which the Pats had nothing to play for in that game. So beating the Pats wasn't that impressive when the Pats were playing a meaningless game. I'm just ready to start comparing this current Dolphins team to the 1972 Dolphins team. The Dolphins defense is getting older and their secondary isn't as good as years past. Daunte even though is looking good so far still will have some effects from tearing three knee ligaments. Plus he was playing like crap before the injury.

I will say this the Dolphins are headed in the right direction under Nick Saban. I still think they are a year away.

Looking at their schedule (and for debating sake, let's say those teams are just as bad as last year) they have 12 winnable games. Not counting that they almost always split with the Patriots. Either way, it'll be interesting to see if they can dethrone that Pats. Their Defense is gettin long in the tooth on the front seven but they are still consistent. Their secondary is without experience and that might be their downfall. Daunte had to adjust without Moss. I think his biggest problem was trusting his new targets. He didn't have anybody to throw it up to when he got in trouble (which probably contributed to his so-called highest pass percentage of all-time). But you're right, coming off of a knee surgery will take some time to get ova.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-20-2006, 03:50 PM
Looking at their schedule (and for debating sake, let's say those teams are just as bad as last year) they have 12 winnable games. Not counting that they almost always split with the Patriots. Either way, it'll be interesting to see if they can dethrone that Pats. Their Defense is gettin long in the tooth on the front seven but they are still consistent. Their secondary is without experience and that might be their downfall. Daunte had to adjust without Moss. I think his biggest problem was trusting his new targets. He didn't have anybody to throw it up to when he got in trouble (which probably contributed to his so-called highest pass percentage of all-time). But you're right, coming off of a knee surgery will take some time to get ova.

Sure the schedule for Dolphins looks easy right now. But you never what teams will suprise. Any team can beat any team on any give Sunday. Thats what makes the NFL so exciting. I won't argue that Dolphins could win 12 games this year. Sure they could. But I just have some questions about them right now. I hate the Pats so if the Dolphins did win the AFC East I wouldn't be mad at all. I'll just take the team with the track record for now.

Steel12
06-20-2006, 03:55 PM
Sure the schedule for Dolphins looks easy right now. But you never what teams will suprise. Any team can beat any team on any give Sunday. Thats what makes the NFL so exciting. I won't argue that Dolphins could win 12 games this year. Sure they could. But I just have some questions about them right now. I hate the Pats so if the Dolphins did win the AFC East I wouldn't be mad at all. I'll just take the team with the track record for now.

I feel you...I think if I tell myself that they will win the division enough, it'll happen lol. I have a lot of Patriots fans to call when/if that does happen.

Livinginthe past
06-20-2006, 04:17 PM
The Patriots have a very similar schedule to the Dolphins - I think just two games are different.

We get Denver and Cincy - and Miami have Pittsburgh and Kansas City.

I havent seen a team as hyped as the 06 Dolphins in a long while, when they basically have had 6 weak wins in a row and a QB who has far more question marks than answers.

Its refreshing to see someone say they dont like the Pats but they haven't been swept away by Miami-mania.

The most amusing thing watching the internal conflict in Steeler fans saying that Miami are going to dethrone the Patriots (a team that Pittsburgh struggle to beat in recent times) - but yet stand no realistic chance of beating the Steelers.

NM

Black@Gold Forever32
06-20-2006, 04:22 PM
The Patriots have a very similar schedule to the Dolphins - I think just two games are different.

We get Denver and Cincy - and Miami have Pittsburgh and Kansas City.

I havent seen a team as hyped as the 06 Dolphins, when they basically have had 6 weak wins in a row and a QB who has far more question marks than answers.

Its refreshing to see someone say they dont like the Pats but they haven't been swept away by Miami-mania.

NM

Dude I'm taking the Pats in that AFC East. Not only do I think they win that division hands down. I still see the Pats as a top three team in the whole AFC. True some questions remain with the Pats. I think kicker and your secondary. But I think the Pats offense will be better then ever. Corey Dillon might be wearing down. But you have a young guy that could spell him. You lost David Givens. But drafted Chad Jackson to replace him. I really think Ben Watson breaks out this year. Watson will put himself among the NFL's best at TE. As long as Tom Brady is healthy and under center. The Pats must be taken seriously.

Livinginthe past
06-20-2006, 04:50 PM
Dude I'm taking the Pats in that AFC East. Not only do I think they win that division hands down. I still see the Pats as a top three team in the whole AFC. True some questions remain with the Pats. I think kicker and your secondary. But I think the Pats offense will be better then ever. Corey Dillon might be wearing down. But you have a young guy that could spell him. You lost David Givens. But drafted Chad Jackson to replace him. I really think Ben Watson breaks out this year. Watson will put himself among the NFL's best at TE. As long as Tom Brady is healthy and under center. The Pats must be taken seriously.

I think you hit the nail on the head with the Tom Brady comment.

As long as you have that guy QB'ing and BB on the sidelines it gives you a punchers chance in any contest.

Factor in an improved offense this year - the O-Line will step up with a 2 guys coming off succesful rookie seasons, a healthy Corey D, Maroney spelling as you say, and we have some potential for potency.

Plenty of questions on D, but we still have 3 elite LBers - show me a team that doesn't have questions right?

Thats a pretty good prediction on Watson - he has been very sharp in TC, and figures to see alot of playing time with multiple TE sets this year.

Nice post 32.

NM

Suitanim
06-20-2006, 04:58 PM
Yeah you're probably right. The Dolphins won't be excited for this game at all. The Steelers will win because they haven't played at home for a long time. LOL! What that hell does all that mean? The Fins are going to be so amped because of their new team and new direction. It will be a great game and the Fins will take it!

Well, there is that little other intangible...you know, that whole "Being the best team in football thing"...No biggie, though.

But, seriously, with the Pats on the decline, and the Bills and Jets rebuilding, the AFC East went from beast to least in just a couple seasons, and should be ripe for the Dolphins picking ...

Black@Gold Forever32
06-20-2006, 05:03 PM
I think you hit the nail on the head with the Tom Brady comment.

As long as you have that guy QB'ing and BB on the sidelines it gives you a punchers chance in any contest.

Factor in an improved offense this year - the O-Line will step up with a 2 guys coming off succesful rookie seasons, a healthy Corey D, Maroney spelling as you say, and we have some potential for potency.

Plenty of questions on D, but we still have 3 elite LBers - show me a team that doesn't have questions right?

Thats a pretty good prediction on Watson - he has been very sharp in TC, and figures to see alot of playing time with multiple TE sets this year.

Nice post 32.

NM

Thanks, Tom Brady has 3 Super Bowls rings. Tom is one of only four starting QB's to do that. The others Terry Bradshaw, Joe Montana and Troy Aikman. Pretty good company since all are inducted in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. I think Corey Dillion has gas left. Maybe not to be the fulltime starter. But Corey, did have 12 TD's matching a career high. The drafting of Maroney only helps Dillions this year. Ben Watson is a freak. Nothing else to say about him. That kid has serious talent.

About the defense. The Pats, have a great Dline. Like you said the Pats have three really solid LB's in Vrabel, Colvin and Brushci. After that there is some questions. But every team has question marks. Did I hear right that the Pats might switch to a 4-3? I know they run at times the 4-3 anyway. But, switching to the 4-3 might mask their depth at at LB. Your secondary gets a boost if Rodney Harrison comes back 100 percent. But at his age that could be some concern.

The biggest question I have with them though is kicker. You, just can't replace Adam V in one year. Maybe this rookie kicker is the real deal. But its a tall order to ask him to replace Adam V this year. I know I'm basically saying the same stuff over. But I'm bored.

So sorry

Livinginthe past
06-20-2006, 05:29 PM
Thanks, Tom Brady has 3 Super Bowls rings. Tom is one of only four starting QB's to do that. The others Terry Bradshaw, Joe Montana and Troy Aikman. Pretty good company since all are inducted in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. I think Corey Dillion has gas left. Maybe not to be the fulltime starter. But Corey, did have 12 TD's matching a career high. The drafting of Maroney only helps Dillions this year. Ben Watson is a freak. Nothing else to say about him. That kid has serious talent.

About the defense. The Pats, have a great Dline. Like you said the Pats have three really solid LB's in Vrabel, Colvin and Brushci. After that there is some questions. But every team has question marks. Did I hear right that the Pats might switch to a 4-3? I know they run at times the 4-3 anyway. But, switching to the 4-3 might mask their depth at at LB. Your secondary gets a boost if Rodney Harrison comes back 100 percent. But at his age that could be some concern.

The biggest question I have with them though is kicker. You, just can't replace Adam V in one year. Maybe this rookie kicker is the real deal. But its a tall order to ask him to replace Adam V this year. I know I'm basically saying the same stuff over. But I'm bored.

So sorry

Hey 32,

There has been quite a bit of discussion of Patriots boards about a potential move to the 4-3 base D.

However, that is viewed as heresy by alot of posters over there - as you say we mix in alot of 4-3 anyway, so its not easy to work out exactly what %'s they play in what formations (especially when you mix in 2-7's and the like, with players shifting all over the place).

I dont think it is too much to ask for one of the young LB's to step up to the plate - they dont have to be outstanding - all the need to do is allow the big guns to make plays and not have to cover for the new guy.

Harrison is massive - a real talisman in the lockerroom - and still an underrated safety - in a recent article Brian Dawkins says that he has a way to go himself before he gets to Rodney's level (and thats saying something - I think Dawkins maybe one of the most complete DB's in the NFL at present).

Like you say, age is always a factor - the mind is willing but will the body follow?

The pressure will be on Gotkowski from the get-go - Adam V is a massive presense to try and replace - but he responded well to some pressurised team building situations in TC so i'll be keeping finger crossed.

Adam V is on the downslope of his career I believe, but he is still probably the best kicker in the NFL.

NM

ARKIESTEEL
06-21-2006, 06:26 AM
Old Culpepper is alot closer to a boat in miami then in minn if you get what i mean,but realy I dont thinkyour team will have jelled enough by the time sept 7 gets here. I think we being in the spot light at home gives us enough to win by itself Ben will have something to prove coming off a bad game and a wreck. Parker will want to show he can get it done with out The Bus. A lot of guys will have something to prove who are steping up into the starting roll Brett Keisal ( I always misspell his name) takeing over for kimo.

But I realy think coming out of last year we are a better team than you are, now maybe this year will be differnt but you all are the ones who have to prove it.

Steel12
06-21-2006, 04:23 PM
Old Culpepper is alot closer to a boat in miami then in minn if you get what i mean,but realy I dont thinkyour team will have jelled enough by the time sept 7 gets here. I think we being in the spot light at home gives us enough to win by itself Ben will have something to prove coming off a bad game and a wreck. Parker will want to show he can get it done with out The Bus. A lot of guys will have something to prove who are steping up into the starting roll Brett Keisal ( I always misspell his name) takeing over for kimo.

But I realy think coming out of last year we are a better team than you are, now maybe this year will be differnt but you all are the ones who have to prove it.

I concur...I also think some Dolphins have something to prove as well. IF Culpepper plays in that game, he'll want to show last season was a fluke. Ronnie Brown will want to show that he can do it by himself, without Ricky on his back it should be easier. Chambers hasn't hit his full potential yet and I'm hopin that him and Daunte doesn't hook up for a TD until the second week. I think it will be a much closer game than some are predicting but we still win.

Big D
06-21-2006, 04:27 PM
I concur...I also think some Dolphins have something to prove as well. IF Culpepper plays in that game, he'll want to show last season was a fluke. Ronnie Brown will want to show that he can do it by himself, without Ricky on his back it should be easier. Chambers hasn't hit his full potential yet and I'm hopin that him and Daunte doesn't hook up for a TD until the second week. I think it will be a much closer game than some are predicting but we still win.
have you watched this guy play?? i totally agree with what was said

ARKIESTEEL
06-21-2006, 04:31 PM
have you watched this guy play?? i totally agree with what was said

I dont; new coach new WR's new line not playing inside. How hurt will he still be I can go on and on Culpepper is not the same Cullpepper and he aint throwing the ball to moss.

Big D
06-22-2006, 07:53 AM
I dont; new coach new WR's new line not playing inside. How hurt will he still be I can go on and on Culpepper is not the same Cullpepper and he aint throwing the ball to moss.
thats exactly what i was saying arkie. He is a bust now. He had a couple good years but I dont think he will ever be a dominent qb again

Big D
06-22-2006, 07:54 AM
thats exactly what i was saying arkie. He is a bust now. He had a couple good years but I dont think he will ever be a dominent qb again
and i was agreeing with you arkie not steel12

ARKIESTEEL
06-22-2006, 08:31 AM
Sorry now I see

Big D
06-22-2006, 08:32 AM
I also question the ability of ronnie brown. He has always had somebody to share the load with. He wont have that this year

SteelerFanInCA
06-22-2006, 12:48 PM
I've been watching the NFL Network and the coverage they have been providing on Culpepper. Is it me or is that guy walking around with a gimp? They keep saying he is making progress yet everytime time I tune in it seems as though he is still limping.

Big D
06-22-2006, 12:49 PM
I've been watching the NFL Network and the coverage they have been providing on Culpepper. Is it me or is that guy walking around with a gimp? They keep saying he is making progress yet everytime time I tune in it seems as though he is still limping.
i would give him a cane

Suitanim
06-22-2006, 05:32 PM
Actually, the reports coming out of Miami are that Culpepper is everything the Dolphins hoped for and more. Guys, let's face facts here...even an injured Daunte Culpepper is an upgrade over the series of second rate talents the fins have been trying to hoist off as legitimate NFL QB's. Their last 3 QB's have been adequate back-ups at best, but the team has improved in spite of the glaring weakness at the position.

The key is that he's happy to be "The Man" again. It's a weak division, and the Fins are the surging team...10-6 wins the division no problem...but the Fins will still start 0-1.

SteelerFanInCA
06-22-2006, 05:39 PM
Actually, the reports coming out of Miami are that Culpepper is everything the Dolphins hoped for and more. Guys, let's face facts here...even an injured Daunte Culpepper is an upgrade over the series of second rate talents the fins have been trying to hoist off as legitimate NFL QB's. Their last 3 QB's have been adequate back-ups at best, but the team has improved in spite of the glaring weakness at the position.

The key is that he's happy to be "The Man" again. It's a weak division, and the Fins are the surging team...10-6 wins the division no problem...but the Fins will still start 0-1.
It's definite an upgrade to years past and playing in the warmth of Miami will do him and his leg well. Hopefully he is OK for the start of the season.

ARKIESTEEL
06-22-2006, 05:54 PM
Since the fins have not been real good lately i have not paid them much mind, does anyone want to give me a run down on there o-line pass block and run block?