PDA

View Full Version : Week 13 Post Game Thread/Game Ball

SteelCityMom
12-04-2011, 04:01 PM
Brown gets my game ball for the day...kid just keeps on amazing me.

And thank you to the whole team for giving my heart a rest this Sunday. Now go Browns!

Va7Bj5Pe_Y4

stb_steeler
12-04-2011, 04:03 PM
Antonio was awesome, he gets mine as well..........:tt03:

davidtrout
12-04-2011, 04:11 PM
I'm going with Wallace for the moves he made on the screen pass that went for a TD. Whole team is deserving today though, gameballs all around.

MasterOfPuppets
12-04-2011, 04:18 PM
james harrison ...3 sacks

SH-Rock
12-04-2011, 04:31 PM
Very happy with the offense today. Redzone TD efficiency was really good. I want to see more of that against tougher opponents.

steelfury02
12-04-2011, 04:37 PM
Being 9-3 with 4 games to go feels pretty good. Hold them to a field goal Browns!

steelfury02
12-04-2011, 04:38 PM
Browns are looking pretty soft against the run - it is already paying off for Ravens :(

sharkweek
12-04-2011, 04:39 PM
Cameron Heyward for blocking the FG and stopping the Bengals from having a score on their opening drive ;)

Kanata-Steeler
12-04-2011, 04:39 PM
Offense get the Ball.
yep, believe it, or not.
:)

steelfury02
12-04-2011, 04:41 PM
Game Ball to Ike Taylor! 2 Ints in 2 Wks - something is clickin baby!

81 yards on 11 carries 1TD with 13 minutes left in 2nd quarter for Rice. Redonkulous Browns.

Goldsteel86
12-04-2011, 04:47 PM
Game Ball Big Ben, he managed the game well!!!! Ben did not play outside of himself and was not worried about stats, good job Ben!!!!! If you don't give it to Ben then give it to Mike or Ike, such selfless players, this is what Steeler football is all about. All around awesome game Ben, Mike and Ike!!!!! :tt04::tt02::tt::tt03:

desertsteel
12-04-2011, 05:01 PM
I give it to the o-line. I'm happy with how they're coming along.

GMU Steeler
12-04-2011, 05:59 PM
Team effort and win since we were clicking on offense, defense, and STs. Tough to choose one guy but I guess Brown. That punt return after the Bengals looked like they may make it interesting was huge. Cam deserves credit for the blocked FG- kid looks like the next defensive star this team will develop and Cam will probably be here as long as he wants to since he loves this team and city. Great win. Let's beat the Browns on a short week and hope those same Browns come back somehow today.

tanda10506
12-04-2011, 07:55 PM
I never thought I would say this, but I thought Arians called a great game after the first 3 and out. Ike, Brown, Harrison are all good candidates also.

jjpro11
12-04-2011, 08:23 PM
special teams.. blocked FG, forced fumble, punt return TD, booming punts by Kapinos. the only knock was the missed 50 yd FG by Suisham.. however with the unpredictable Heinz Field winds, you can't really blame him for it.

casteeler
12-04-2011, 08:28 PM
Great on both sides of the ball but I've got concerns with Suisham, when it comes down to a field goal in the last seconds of a game that we HAVE to win can he pull one off? I don't wanna come off as a buzz-kill but I'm just pointing it out.

GMU Steeler
12-04-2011, 08:52 PM
Great on both sides of the ball but I've got concerns with Suisham, when it comes down to a field goal in the last seconds of a game that we HAVE to win can he pull one off? I don't wanna come off as a buzz-kill but I'm just pointing it out.

Not that your concerns as a whole aren't valid but kicking a 50 yarder at Heinz is never easy. I have worries about Suisham too but today isn't the best demonstration of that. It's a legitimate question though if he can be counted on for money kicks.

Fire Arians
12-04-2011, 09:00 PM
Anotnio brown. His punt return TD was a dagger in the heart

Steel_Bus_24
12-04-2011, 09:03 PM
Team win today Baby!!:tt04:

Loved how the D choked em out of the game after their lone TD drive

Thats what Im looking for, improve each week and develop that Killer Instinct

Im worried about Woodley though we'll need him in the post season

ricardisimo
12-04-2011, 09:14 PM
Harrison and Mendenhall.

tony hipchest
12-04-2011, 10:05 PM
awesome game by the special teams and big impact plays from all the youngsters.

stevenson punching the ball loose on teh return.
sanders scrumming at the bottom of the pile.
brown with a crucial punt return td.
heyward with a key blocked FG.
kapinos booming punts.

what the hey, give the gameball to ward. led the team with 5 rec and surpassed 12,000 yds. :wink:

:chuckle:

Wallace108
12-04-2011, 10:37 PM
awesome game by the special teams and big impact plays from all the youngsters.

stevenson punching the ball loose on teh return.
sanders scrumming at the bottom of the pile.
brown with a crucial punt return td.
heyward with a key blocked FG.
kapinos booming punts.

what the hey, give the gameball to ward. led the team with 5 rec and surpassed 12,000 yds. :wink:

:chuckle:

My first thought for game balls was to the D-line, Harrison, and (gulp!) Arians.
But you're right, tony. Special teams really were special today. They deserve tons of credit. They've come a LONG way from where they were just a few years ago.

mizzouristeeler
12-04-2011, 11:57 PM
Kiesel gets my vote this week.

ricardisimo
12-05-2011, 12:49 AM
My first thought for game balls was to the D-line, Harrison, and (gulp!) Arians.
But you're right, tony. Special teams really were special today. They deserve tons of credit. They've come a LONG way from where they were just a few years ago.
True. Maybe we should give the ball to Bob Ligashesky for sucking so badly that we finally realized we had to go in another direction.

Bayz101
12-05-2011, 06:32 AM
Seen Ward crack a smile today, and he led the team in receptions. Not to mention 12,000 yard career was achieved. Buttttt, i'm giving the gameball to Brown and Harrison. Brown broke open his ST game, and Harrison managed 3 sacks for the second time this season, tying a steeler record for most 3 sack games in a seaon.

plenewken
12-05-2011, 07:03 AM
The whole team played well but I give them the game ball to our ST.

Whodis
12-05-2011, 07:54 AM
Hampton and Keisel were in the back field all day!! Casey looked like a young man out there!

Was running late to watch them game, so I was listening on "Steelers Radio" and they were bitching about Saunders retuning kicks instead of Brown. The quote was "I feel like this kid could run one back at any moment" and they were right!

Our secondary looks great! If you watch other NFL games and put into perspective they really can't cover any more. I say we are at the very least top 5 secondary.

The running game looked better. It seems as if Mendenhal runs better after Redman comes in and shows him how to keep you legs moving. I think Mendenhal would run better behind the 2 TE set. I think he would benefit having blockers. For the life of me I don't understand why Moore gets in games? He looked to run the wrong route on a second down when he got in. I would like to se Redman take over his role.

IowaSteeler927
12-05-2011, 08:25 AM
Easliy Harrison. Looks to be getting back into form. He was in Dalton's face all day.