PDA

View Full Version : Week 13 Gay Meter: +14 (+1 today)

ETL
12-04-2011, 05:20 PM
Gay was not thrown at virtually all day and while AG Green was covered by Ike, Jerome Simpson is no slouch. I have to conclude that Gay was effectively covering his assignments.

If Gay is so bad as the Gay haters have claimed, other teams would deliberately throw at this direction several times a game. If anything, they are shying away from Gay.

Another solid game. So far, our secondary has looked good this season. Gay and Lewis have been a big part of that.

Drizztbob
12-04-2011, 05:27 PM
Gay WAS Okay!

theplatypus
12-04-2011, 06:02 PM
Blame Arians!

GMU Steeler
12-04-2011, 06:06 PM
Blame Arians!

I blame Arians for Gay not getting any interceptions today. Stupid Airhead. Joking aside. It's looking to me that we made the wise decisions in preseason about which corners to keep and which not to. Not sure how Crezdon Butler is doing in Arizona but Gay whom many wanted cut is doing good and ETL I have to say has done a wonderful job with his Gay meter since too often you see others with clear agendas against the guy. I think corner depth which was an issue going into the season is evolving in to a position of strength. With Ike over 30 now, I'd love to see Brown, Gay, Allen, or Lewis become the close to shutdown corner Ike has become. And remember people Ike wasn't a great corner at first either. I believe Cowher benched him at one point.

Fire Arians
12-04-2011, 06:15 PM
I blame Arians for Gay not getting any interceptions today. Stupid Airhead. Joking aside. It's looking to me that we made the wise decisions in preseason about which corners to keep and which not to. Not sure how Crezdon Butler is doing in Arizona but Gay whom many wanted cut is doing good and ETL I have to say has done a wonderful job with his Gay meter since too often you see others with clear agendas against the guy. I think corner depth which was an issue going into the season is evolving in to a position of strength. With Ike over 30 now, I'd love to see Brown, Gay, Allen, or Lewis become the close to shutdown corner Ike has become. And remember people Ike wasn't a great corner at first either. I believe Cowher benched him at one point.

Yep our problem last year was Madison being a #4 cb. Depth was the biggest weakness but that has been fixed this year. That and burnt toast mcfadden wasn't cutting it as a #2

GMU Steeler
12-04-2011, 06:27 PM
Yep our problem last year was Madison being a #4 cb. Depth was the biggest weakness but that has been fixed this year. That and burnt toast mcfadden wasn't cutting it as a #2

Yeah Baltimore week 1 showed that pretty well. Other than that our secondary's been solid. Not awesome like our run D was last year but it's been considerably more of a help than a hindrance.

theplatypus
12-04-2011, 06:47 PM
Crezdon Butler was lost for the season several weeks ago

GMU Steeler
12-04-2011, 06:48 PM
Crezdon Butler was lost for the season several weeks ago

Ah thanks. Knew he got hurt but didn't know for the whole season. There ya go then. I liked the kid's potential but I trust the coaches more than myself because this is a team that has succeeded far often more than not.

DFWSTEELERFAN
12-04-2011, 06:52 PM
Gay was not thrown at virtually all day and while AG Green was covered by Ike, Jerome Simpson is no slouch. I have to conclude that Gay was effectively covering his assignments.

If Gay is so bad as the Gay haters have claimed, other teams would deliberately throw at this direction several times a game. If anything, they are shying away from Gay.

Another solid game. So far, our secondary has looked good this season. Gay and Lewis have been a big part of that.

This cracks me up.. The entire defence was decent, but Gay didnt stand out in any way good or bad and you give points.. That's insane... So if he does nothing good or bad it equals out?

So if he he gets +1, so does the entire defense... Unless Baltimore loses and we capture the division, he could be plus 1000 on your scale and it wouldn't mean jack crap because he was covering on the blown play that will end up going down as the play that cost us the division.. :blah:

DFWSTEELERFAN
12-04-2011, 06:52 PM

This cracks me up.. The entire defence was decent, but Gay didnt stand out in any way good or bad and you give points.. That's insane... So if he does nothing good or bad, how is he +1?

So if he he gets +1, so does the entire defense... Unless Baltimore loses and we capture the division, he could be plus 1000 on your scale and it wouldn't mean jack crap because he was covering on the blown play that will end up going down as the play that cost us the division.. :blah:

ETL
12-04-2011, 07:41 PM
This cracks me up.. The entire defence was decent, but Gay didnt stand out in any way good or bad and you give points.. That's insane... So if he does nothing good or bad it equals out?

I don't know if they teach READING down in Texas but I think I pointed out how he was not thrown at and from that I am assuming that he played well. So yes, he gets a +1.

I guess in your world, if Revis is never involved in a play, I guess he did nothing the whole game.

PhantomJB93
12-04-2011, 07:42 PM
This cracks me up.. The entire defence was decent, but Gay didnt stand out in any way good or bad and you give points.. That's insane... So if he does nothing good or bad, how is he +1?

Gay gets +1 because he didn't stand out, it's hard for a cornerback to "stand out" in a good way unless they're getting INT's...if he wasn't thrown at, the logical conclusion is he had a good day in coverage...

ETL
12-04-2011, 07:47 PM

The more I read your post, I think your post is the stupiest thing said today. Congrats - you get the STUPIDEST POST OF THE DAY AWARD.

I'll type slowly so you can understand me ... or am I already going too fast.

So let me get this straight. Unless the Ravens lose, you are going to blame the entire season on ONE PLAY?!?!?!

Are you that stupid? One Play? Are you fuking serious? One play in which the official could have called pass interference on the Ravens? You are going to blame the entire season on that play and claim that he cost us the entire season?!?!??!

Your bitterness is only exceeded by your cretinism. This is the last time I will respond to you because your are no longer worthy of having a discourse.

ricardisimo
12-04-2011, 07:58 PM
I don't know if they teach READING down in Texas but I think I pointed out how he was not thrown at and from that I am assuming that he played well. So yes, he gets a +1.

I guess in your world, if Revis is never involved in a play, I guess he did nothing the whole game.
Also, in his world, we could be 2-10 right now and he'd be cool with that, so long as the two wins were against Baltimore. Like USC fans who couldn't care less about anything else so long as they beat UCLA and Notre Dame. Never mind that Gay was a big part in winning our nine games, a huge part in at least two of them.

What a dipstick. If anything, I'd give Gay +2 for being avoided so consistently.

mizzouristeeler
12-08-2011, 10:11 PM
Plus a bazillion

DFWSTEELERFAN
12-08-2011, 10:20 PM
Gay was solid today..:tt02:

Pick
Solid tackling

austinfrench76
12-08-2011, 10:23 PM
Big play Gay!! It's a new nickname!

GMU Steeler
12-08-2011, 10:23 PM
I really really think Gay just needed some seasoning.

ricardisimo
12-08-2011, 10:37 PM
Big play Gay!! It's a new nickname!
It's not new at all. That was his nickname in college.

Steel_Bus_24
12-08-2011, 10:45 PM
Got to give it up to William tonight

Way to go....:tt03::tt03::tt03:

The guy made a great deal of improvement within his role on the D

Before this year he was mediocre even as a Nickle/Dime corner, now he's a great asset within that role

Its up to the coaching staff to keep him thriving in that role though...

Keep him away from the Burners, Elite 2s!!!

PhantomJB93
12-08-2011, 10:51 PM
Somewhere this offseason, William Gay made an overnight transition form whipping boy to solid starter.

casteeler
12-08-2011, 10:57 PM
Solid game!