PDA

View Full Version : to hell with tiebreakers we control our destiny

Fire Arians
12-04-2011, 09:02 PM
If we play to our potential we will beat anyone, anywhere. That's all I wanted to say

steelerchad
12-04-2011, 09:29 PM
Today we did play to that potential. Most complete game of the year in all 3 phases.

FanSince72
12-05-2011, 08:35 AM
I think we can run the table from here on in and if Baltimore stumbles just once, we get the Division and the bye and if they don't, it makes it a bit tougher but certainly do-able. :tt04:

steelfury02
12-05-2011, 08:43 AM
IF we are playing the IF game then I will say

IF we, along with New England and Houston end up winning out and are all 13-3, you need to check the head to head - which doesn't count because we beat NE and lost to HOU. Then, you have to go to conference record. They both have a 7-2 record, and we have a 7-3 so would not get the appropriate seed for a bye as it stands right now.

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves

FanSince72
12-05-2011, 08:51 AM
IF we are playing the IF game then I will say

IF we, along with New England and Houston end up winning out and are all 13-3, you need to check the head to head - which doesn't count because we beat NE and lost to HOU. Then, you have to go to conference record. They both have a 7-2 record, and we have a 7-3 so would not get the appropriate seed for a bye as it stands right now.

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves

...and if Lincoln didn't go to the theater...

That's why I think it's easier to just think about running the table and let everything else do what it's going to do.
Put another way, all we need to do is go 8-0 (or 7-0) from here on out and it's party time.

Steel_Bus_24
12-05-2011, 08:54 AM
Having to play a slugfest out west with Denver or Oakland with no bye even if we went 13-3 would really piss me off

FanSince72
12-05-2011, 08:58 AM
Having to play a slugfest out west with Denver or Oakland with no bye even if we went 13-3 would really piss me off

Yeah but if we win it would go a long way towards making that feeling go away, no?

Steel_Bus_24
12-05-2011, 09:02 AM
Depends on on how much wear and tear we get in one of those battles

LayingTheWoodley56
12-05-2011, 09:11 AM
I, like everybody, would of course love the number one seed and home-field. I also think that we are going to win out, and that the Ravens as they have shown on several occasions this season are capable of stumbling. That being said, a wild card spot and being delegated to playing on the road in the playoffs aren't the relative death sentence they once were. You saw it with us in 05, the Giants in 07 and the Packers again last year. Worst case scenario, we get a favorable matchup in Denver, Oakland or Houston in round 1, a crack at the Ratbirds in round 2 (a matchup I like us in), and then very possibly host the Patriots at Heinz in the title game, and God knows we owe them at least one.

steelfury02
12-05-2011, 09:12 AM
I really think Denver is going to take that division (And might be able to do it at 9-7!). The Raiders lost yesterday and they split the series with them so tied with them as of now.

Denver (6-3 AFC record) remaining schedule:
v. Bears
v. Patriots
@Buffalo
v. Chiefs

Raiders (5-5 AFC Record) remaining schedule:
@ Packers
v. Lions
@ Chiefs
v. Chargers

Rotorhead
12-05-2011, 08:41 PM
I think the Broncos take the West, Houston will lose one more with all there injuries, the Pats will win the east. So if the ravens stumble we get the top seed, if they dont we play Denver (they have a very good def). I still think the last WC goes to the bengals cause they have he tiebreaker over the titans. So the bengals get houston (and win). That sends us to NE and Cincy to Ravens. So us at the Ravens for the AFCCG if the ratbirds win out. Switch us and the ratbirds if they lose one more giving us the top seed and them he 5 seed which would give us cincy and NE the ravens, then us and a pickem between NE and the ravens for the AFCCG at heinz. Those are my predictions anyway.

Atlanta Dan
12-05-2011, 08:43 PM
Simms kept saying yesterday that Ben contends the offense plays much better at home and I agree

Ed.B. of the P-G further said last week this is not a great road team

Despite the win over New England I still am less confident about beating the Pats in Foxboro than winning a road playoff game over Baltimore

There are 3 Super Bowl contenders in the AFC among the Pats, Steelers and Ravens- IMO the AFC champ will be whichever of those 3 teams does not need to beat both of the other 2 in the playoffs

In other words, no AFC North title no trip to the Super Bowl for the Steelers

fer522
12-05-2011, 09:38 PM
If we play to our potential we will beat anyone, anywhere. That's all I wanted to say

what he said:tt03:

Fire Arians
12-05-2011, 09:49 PM
Simms kept saying yesterday that Ben contends the offense plays much better at home and I agree

Ed.B. of the P-G further said last week this is not a great road team

Despite the win over New England I still am less confident about beating the Pats in Foxboro than winning a road playoff game over Baltimore

There are 3 Super Bowl contenders in the AFC among the Pats, Steelers and Ravens- IMO the AFC champ will be whichever of those 3 teams does not need to beat both of the other 2 in the playoffs

In other words, no AFC North title no trip to the Super Bowl for the Steelers

playoffs are a new season and 2 of those early losses were within the 1st 4 games, which I would say the team didn't have their stuff together.

now's a different story. although I'd agree with liking our chances a lot better at home, I don't think we should count ourselves out if we do get in with a wildcard. This team is just starting to meet its potential, and I think we're better than last year's team.

new england no longer scares me, their defense is horrible. ffs they almost blew a 31 point lead to the freakin' colts?