PDA

View Full Version : Curtis Brown: STs demon

jtbsteeler
12-05-2011, 05:38 AM
Curtis Brown is getting the freaking job done on special teams. Give Tomlin credit for imporoving the Steelers ST coverage units the past couple of years. ST's bit us in the butt in '09.

:tt04:

DanRooney
12-05-2011, 05:51 AM
Curtis Brown was a steal in the draft. Glad to see he is contributing on special teams. Props to Al Everest.

I'm still hating Sanders on kickoff returns though.

Bayz101
12-05-2011, 06:26 AM
Curtis Brown was a steal in the draft. Glad to see he is contributing on special teams. Props to Al Everest.

Brown's the man for returns, I have known this since the beginning. Hopefully he starts this Thursday.

LayingTheWoodley56
12-05-2011, 11:56 AM
Him and Allen yesterday baby, great to see them out there performing and getting excited. It even looked like Cortez was mixing it up with some opponents a little bit, getting in their faces. We need that nasty swagger that is a bedrock of Steeler football from our young, upcoming guys.

As for the return thing, I seem to remember Sanders (I'm pretty sure it was him and not Brown) having a series of nice returns in Miami last season and thinking that he should be the return man going forward. I've since changed that few. Maybe it's the injuries, but Sanders hasn't quite progressed this season as we would've liked while Brown looks like he's headed for stardom at this point. He should be both the punt and kickoff return guy until anyone proves hes not the best option.

Fire Arians
12-05-2011, 02:46 PM
he's a hell of an athlete, and i hope to see him in the regular defensive rotation next year. I expect big things out of him, and thought he was one of the better cover corners in the draft. Looks like he can tackle too.

BengalDestroyer
12-05-2011, 03:47 PM

I agree, kudos to both Tomlin and Everest. I also agree with Sanders not being the man for returning. Let's be optimistic and see if he can improve...