PDA

View Full Version : Mendy Running harder down the stretch

bubbletownwr88
12-05-2011, 05:16 PM
It seems like every year that Mendenhall starts out mediocre and gets better every week. It took him a longer time this year than years past, but it is definitely starting to show. He's no longer dancing in the back field he is putting his shoulders low and sprinting through the line. I hope this continues through the playoffs....yeah and Redman is his consistent self :coffee:

steelfury02
12-05-2011, 06:11 PM
The more I listen to Packers media, the more I think this team will go 16-0 BUT get knocked out of the playoffs.

No run game.
Defense giving up more and more yards and more and more points

COME ON SAINTS!:drink:

Fire Arians
12-05-2011, 06:15 PM
giants proved yesterday that the pack isn't indestructable. they will most likely make the super bowl though, i dont see any of the NFC teams winning at lambeau in january.

but the super bowl on the other hand.....

ricardisimo
12-05-2011, 06:25 PM
The line has gotten better. Mendenhall's the same. Also, the few times Arians calls a run-first game, he does well, statistically-speaking. That means rarely.

PhantomJB93
12-05-2011, 09:20 PM
I would hardly say he "always seems to start out mediocre," in fact Id say in 2009 and 2010 he always started off hot and stayed pretty consistent throughout the season, if anything getting gradually worse as the season went on, but never was he as bad as he was for the first half of this season. I attribute a good portion of that to how unbelievably bad our Oline was until we signed Starks, but he was also dancing too much behind the line.

He's gotten better now but he's still not running anywhere near as well as he did the past two years.

Rick5895
12-05-2011, 09:49 PM
Mendy is watching Redman run hard, not dance and have success. As a result , Mendy follows suit. He doesn't want to lose his job.

ricardisimo
12-05-2011, 11:23 PM
I really don't think anyone should overestimate Redman or underestimate Mendy. Change-of-pace backs always seem to have more impressive stats, until they are forced to start, then they do what Redman did: come back down to earth. He wound up with the same average per carry as Mendenhall.

We have a great collection of running backs, and any of them could be starters in this league, but I still say Rashard is the best of them.

OX1947
12-05-2011, 11:30 PM
I want a rematch and I want the packers to be 18-0. The pressure will be immense and the Steelers would have confidence up the ying yang because it will be likely that the Steelers go through the Pats and Ratbirds to get there.

bornaSteelersfan
12-05-2011, 11:30 PM
Redman is a beast, can spin out of tackles, and runs north to south very well. That being said, Mendy sees the whole picture and can find the opening when it is there and often before it even becomes an opening (watch his 5-yd cutback TD again). That is why he is our starter.

Fire Arians
12-05-2011, 11:34 PM
The line has gotten better. Mendenhall's the same. Also, the few times Arians calls a run-first game, he does well, statistically-speaking. That means rarely.

agree, a lot of the credit has to be given to the o-line.