PDA

View Full Version : the steelers are gone.

sheba
06-20-2006, 12:26 PM
We know that the steelers are one of the best teams. But what happens when
Ben retires and hines ward. When Cowered retiers. and a new coach comes in and trades are key players. Will we win a nother superbowl or not? What do you think?

section514
06-20-2006, 12:29 PM
are you kidding me with this thread?

83-Steelers-43
Ben retires and hines ward. When Cowered retiers. and a new coach comes in and trades are key players. Will we win a nother superbowl or not? What do you think?

Ben is 24. Long time.

Ward retires. Get a new WR.

Cowher retires. Get a new coach.

I don't see this team trading key players. The Rooney's will have a say in that.

Big D
lets go over this.. Ben wont retire for at least 10 years. Hines ward 5-8 years. I"m sure in between we will address these needs. I would worry about that

83-Steelers-43
06-20-2006, 12:30 PM

My thoughts exactly and it's not the first time......

blackvelvet
06-20-2006, 12:39 PM
Right now, i'm just gonna enjoy the Steelers and not take any moment for granted. I do see why you're concerned though. I mean, Ben's going into his third season. I just remember like it was yesterday we were all watching the Ravens game when he came in for Maddox. Cowher doesn't know when he'll retire. Time's just going too fast. It always does.

Cipratiug
06-20-2006, 12:50 PM
i'm new to feve. and i'm not 100% sure where to post something that alot of people will see. but i have two comments. one on the topic. and one i would like all the Steeler fans to read. First of all. think about it. Chuck Noll led this team for years and now Cowher. Art Rooney wasn't a dumb man. he did what he did for a reason, and Dan Rooney followed that reason by keeping bill Cowher on hand all these years. The steelers might lose some battles. but we always win the war. and another

PITTSBURGH (June 19, 2006) -- Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger did not have a valid motorcycle license when he crashed into a woman's car, and the driver -- who will be cited for failing to yield -- has received threatening phone calls.

c'mon guys. We're steeler fans. we've seen good times greats time, and times we didn't think we could come out of. and we always do. But making threatning phone calls to an old lady? Get real.. Ben should've had on his helmet. if he would've been wearing a helmet. he would've walked away from the crash and been sore for a few days and then got right back up. But he got on that bike and chose not to have a helmet on. I'm as worried about Ben as the next person. but before he is our quarterback he is a man, a husband. a son. most of us don't even know him and alot of us will never meet him. Let this go. and give him support to get better. But don't be threatening the life of some poor old woman.

blackvelvet
06-20-2006, 12:56 PM
good post. If you want, there was a thread i think on the Pittsburgh Steelers section about the whole threat thing.

section514
06-20-2006, 01:03 PM
My thoughts exactly and it's not the first time......

Great Fans think alike

BlackNGold203
06-20-2006, 01:22 PM
GAWD...cmon now.....no doomsday scenarios...lets just enjoy the run.....

DIESELMAN
06-20-2006, 01:31 PM

and one time at band camp.....

BlackNGold203
06-20-2006, 01:41 PM

ROTFLMAO..........

silver & black
06-20-2006, 01:46 PM
Oh, come on:rolleyes: . Change is inevitable. The Steelers are one of, if not the best run organization in the NFL. The Steelers will be fine.

Will they win another Superbowl? Probably.

Look what happened to my team: 3 straight divisional championships, 3 straight AFC West championships, and a Superbowl appearance from 2000 to 2003. Now we are in the cellar... just like that. S**t happens.... we will clime out. I expect we will win anothger Superbowl sometime.

Anyway, the Steelers will be just fine. Why are you worrying about what might happen?

section514
06-20-2006, 01:48 PM
let's ask Nostradmus

ARKIESTEEL
06-20-2006, 02:01 PM
let's ask Nostradmus

Yes what can i do for you?

burgsville
06-20-2006, 02:27 PM
We just won the bowl. How can someone be thinking this ????

Big D
06-20-2006, 02:32 PM
We just won the bowl. How can someone be thinking this ????
there was a accident with the short bus

section514
06-20-2006, 02:33 PM
i asked that same question burghville

Black@Gold Forever32
06-20-2006, 03:26 PM

Well lets see.

Terry Bradshaw, Jack Lambert, Jack Ham, Andy Russell, Rocky Bleir, Mike Webster, Lynn Swann, John Stallworth, Franco Harris, Mel Blount, Donnie Shell, Mean Joe Greene, L.C. Greenwood, Ernie Holmes, Dwight White. All those guys were great players and big contributors to the Steelers winning 4 Super Bowls in 6 years. So life did go on after them all the way to another Super Bowl title. We managed to win another title without the great Chuck Noll as coach also. My point is players and coaches come and go no matter how great the player or coach. Steelers might never repeat the success the 1970's Steelers had.

But Bill Cowher has been to two Super Bowls and won one. We have had our share of great players also since those great Steelers players from the 1970's in Rod Woodson, Jerome Bettis, Hines Ward, Dirt Dawson, Carnell Lake to name a few.

So its safe to say when the young great players like we now like Ben, Willie , Troy do retire and when Coach Cowher does retire. The Steelers will find another coach and find great players to maybe yea maybe win another Super Bowl. Sorry but was this thread a joke?

Prosdo
06-20-2006, 04:18 PM
It's all transition. Tommy Maddox wasn't cutting it we picked up Ben. Chuck Noll left we hired Cowher.

SteelShooter
06-20-2006, 08:56 PM

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????

SteelShooter
06-20-2006, 08:57 PM

LMAO!!!!!!!!

SteelShooter
06-20-2006, 08:58 PM
let's ask Nostradmus

I say again.................................LMAO!!!!!!!! !

Stlrs4Life
06-20-2006, 09:23 PM

Well, all of the above were not around in the 70s, so what do you think?

BlitzburghRockCity
06-20-2006, 09:30 PM
Good Grief !! Dont look that far ahead. Ben is young, Willie is young, Cowher finally the monkey off his back with the win in SB XL, and we have alot of great young core players to build on, and we'll continue to add them every year in the draft.

No sense looking ahead to any further than next year...this year will have way too many challenges in itself to look ahead.

BlacknGold Bleeder
06-21-2006, 12:29 AM

Please don't take this personally but I think the Mods have to come up with a new category... Inane and Assine :bouncy:

Steel Pit
06-21-2006, 03:18 AM

Lmao! I was thinking the same thing. By the way, love the signature and avatar.

Steel Pit
06-21-2006, 03:46 AM

I feel ya. However what really concerns me is what the NFL is going to do when there's no more leather to make footballs. Do you think they may resort to using Nerf Footballs?
I don't know but the NFL needs to comprise a committee to work on a solution before it's too late.

I'm also concerned about the future replacement of Heinz Field when it starts to deteriorate. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm worrying myself sick with this.

section514
06-21-2006, 07:31 AM
1. What really concerns me is the cost of gas these days. Airplane fares are going up, so should the Steelers carpool to Cleveland and Cinncy?
2. What about the buy-out of Reebok by Adidas? Will the NFL be wearing soccer spikes? Will touchdown celebrations involve T.O. running up and dpwn the field with this shirt over his head, finally stopping to fall to his knees on the Cowboy's logo?
3. What do we do if the national security force changes the color from amber to pale orange? Will Big Ben still be allowed to take the field?
4. I was watching "It Could Happen Tommorow" on The Weather Channel and they discovered that it is possible for the next San Andreas fault to form right down the middle of the North Shore. If an earthquake would strike, a giant River Tidal Wave would wash out the new field surface at Heinz Field.

WE ARE SCREWED!

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-21-2006, 08:11 AM
MUST...FIGHT. DONT...GIVE IN....TO SARCASM....!!!!!!!!! TEMPTATION....SOOO.....STRONG!!!!!!

Livinginthe past
06-21-2006, 08:24 AM
I dont know.

I think there have been some truly excellent sarcastic posts recently on this thread - its only the lowest form of wit if you dont do it right.

Props to Steelpit, Section514 and Dieselman.

All of 'em made me laugh.

NM

HometownGal
06-21-2006, 08:28 AM

I don't look into the future and wonder about the "what ifs". I much prefer to enjoy the present as a fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers - World Champs - and look forward to the start of the season.

section514
06-21-2006, 09:51 AM
thanks litp, someone needed to be aware of the irrelevance of the original post.

but Ben is not allowed to drive in the carpool, he has to sit in the back seat of cowher's car.

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-21-2006, 10:03 AM
thanks litp, someone needed to be aware of the irrelevance of the original post.

but Ben is not allowed to drive in the carpool, he has to sit in the back seat of cowher's car.

Nothing to add....just like to look at your avatar.

section514
06-21-2006, 10:27 AM
Nothing to add....just like to look at your avatar.just the avatar?

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-21-2006, 10:49 AM
just the avatar?

Sorry...so focused on the avatar that I didnt notice the sig...:smile:
I tend to focus on one thing and ignore my suroundings....by the way did you know that Shania Twain sings?....all those years of watching her videos...who knew?!!!

section514
06-21-2006, 10:52 AM
Sorry...so focused on the avatar that I didnt notice the sig...:smile:
I tend to focus on one thing and ignore my suroundings....by the way did you know that Shania Twain sings?....all those years of watching her videos...who knew?!!!
all i know is that I become suicidal when Sheryl Crow comes on the radio. After listening to her sing at the AFC championship game and then watching kordell blow it...that damn song replayed in my head while i sat in stands in silence as the pats got their trophy, and as I was the last one to walk out of the top section of heinz field.

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-21-2006, 01:01 PM
all i know is that I become suicidal when Sheryl Crow comes on the radio. After listening to her sing at the AFC championship game and then watching kordell blow it...that damn song replayed in my head while i sat in stands in silence as the pats got their trophy, and as I was the last one to walk out of the top section of heinz field.

You said the "K" word!!!!!!

Steel Pit
06-22-2006, 01:00 AM

I was feeling suicidal when she was singing that damn song. It was only halftime but you kind of knew that the game was over. Stupid punt return and blocked field goal for touchdowns. WOW!

Cipratiug
06-22-2006, 04:03 AM
lol my wife is a huge car person.. racing. working on them.. building them... i don't anything about cars... she bought a mustang, and and made it run a 10 second quater mile. I drive a Nissan Sentra. One night we were playing around and stopped at a red light. and i tried to run her. well i was in the lane that turned on the interstate. and instead of slowing down and admitting defeat. i kept driving so she couldn't get over, so she had to get on the interstate behind me and behind another car. to make a long story short. i beat her home. and i made the comment. "it's not about the start of a race, and and the length of it. It's about who crosses the finish line first" and that is how the steelers orginization has always been. They start off and a steady pace. But they will finish the race on top. and i have to add this comment just because i hate Peyton Manning. Everyone talks about how many records he has broken during his career. if someone runs a 100 yard dash, and runs 98 yards in 5 seconds they've broken all kinda records. but if it takes them 30 min to finish those last 2 yards they still lose the race. which is what he does every year.