PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Blackouts????

SteelerNation89
12-07-2011, 08:44 PM
Hey all. Look forward to a big steelers victory tomorrow. However, will the game be shown? I keep hearing about nfl teams getting a tv blackout for lack of sellouts. Is the game tomorrow sold out? Will the steelers face this issue in the future?

Atlanta Dan
12-07-2011, 09:31 PM
Hey all. Look forward to a big steelers victory tomorrow. However, will the game be shown? I keep hearing about nfl teams getting a tv blackout for lack of sellouts. Is the game tomorrow sold out? Will the steelers face this issue in the future?

Put down the crack pipe - the Steelers have not "faced the issue" of not selling out a home game since the early 1970s

Of course the issue will be faced in "the future" - the dinosaurs went extinct and so will the NFL

ETL
12-07-2011, 09:35 PM
Steelers fans save other teams from their own blackouts. If I was the owner of the Bengals, Browns, Bucs, Chargers, Jaguars, Cardinal, etc... I would love it when the Steelers come to town beause it means - NO BLACKOUTS

Fire Arians
12-07-2011, 09:49 PM
i wonder why goodell hates the steelers if theyre good for business

StainlessStill
12-07-2011, 10:33 PM
The game will be shown on NFL NETWORK but also locally on KDKA I believe with Pomp and Edmond Nelson commentating.:tt04:

tanda10506
12-07-2011, 10:58 PM

I never looked at it like that, it is strange.

SteelCityMom
12-08-2011, 07:05 AM
The game will also be shown on nbcsports.com tonight as well, for anyone not in the area and without cable.

But yeah, if the game were in Cleveland, there may be a small chance for a blackout....definitely not in Pittsburgh though.

Edit...not on nbcsports, on NFL.com.

steelerforlife
12-08-2011, 07:34 AM
If your in the NE Ohio area and have Time Warner Cable, The Cleveland Fox affiliate has the game listed in the channel guide.

casteeler
12-08-2011, 01:43 PM

The Steelers play a form of football that Goodell hates.Physical,smashmouth, lay somebodythef*%#out football. The Nfl is attempting to protect and "clean" up dirty plays and players(what most of us were raised on) and in order to do this Goodell has to make examples of players who hit hard by penalizing and reprimanding them. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Goodell stay away from the NHL because it's too late to save the NFL

Stu Pidasso
12-08-2011, 01:48 PM
I have Dish Network and I will be watching the NFL Network in glorious 1080i resolution tonight on my 60" TV with 6.1 surround turned up to 11. No blackout. I'm in NE Ohio as well.

tanda10506
12-08-2011, 02:02 PM
The Steelers play a form of football that Goodell hates.Physical,smashmouth, lay somebodythef*%#out football. The Nfl is attempting to protect and "clean" up dirty plays and players(what most of us were raised on) and in order to do this Goodell has to make examples of players who hit hard by penalizing and reprimanding them. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Goodell stay away from the NHL because it's too late to save the NFL

F$&# goodell!!!

jjpro11
12-08-2011, 02:39 PM
The game will also be shown on nbcsports.com tonight as well, for anyone not in the area and without cable.

But yeah, if the game were in Cleveland, there may be a small chance for a blackout....definitely not in Pittsburgh though.

the stream they do on NFL.com is not an entire game stream.. don't watch that unless you have absolutely zero alternatives.. most of the stream is studio talk with live cut-ins.. it's really stupid if you ask me, and it seems like nothing other than a way for the NFL to advertise and entice people to get the NFL Network.

ricardisimo
12-08-2011, 02:41 PM

For freebies?

BengalDestroyer
12-08-2011, 02:47 PM
I have Dish Network and I will be watching the NFL Network in glorious 1080i resolution tonight on my 60" TV with 6.1 surround turned up to 11. No blackout. I'm in NE Ohio as well.

Rub it in why don't you!! You just made my 50" seem small :( jerk. lol:tt02:

ricardisimo
12-08-2011, 02:55 PM
6.1? I'm familiar with 5.1 and 7.1. What's the extra channel?

SteelCityMom
12-08-2011, 02:56 PM
the stream they do on NFL.com is not an entire game stream.. don't watch that unless you have absolutely zero alternatives.. most of the stream is studio talk with live cut-ins.. it's really stupid if you ask me, and it seems like nothing other than a way for the NFL to advertise and entice people to get the NFL Network.

For freebies?

Yeah, it is free...but as jj pointed out, it does suck. They'll have the studio crew talk through 1/4 to 1/2 the game. I just mentioned it here and the online game thread because it is an option for those who don't have cable, and don't want to use a stream.

The site I use will most definitely have alternative streams (most likely from SkySports or the Swedish feed).

Fire Arians
12-08-2011, 03:04 PM
Yeah, it is free...but as jj pointed out, it does suck. They'll have the studio crew talk through 1/4 to 1/2 the game. I just mentioned it here and the online game thread because it is an option for those who don't have cable, and don't want to use a stream.

The site I use will most definitely have alternative streams (most likely from SkySports or the Swedish feed).

saying they talk through 1/4 to 1/2 of the game is an understatement. more like they only show 1/8 of the game!

i swear, the last time i ever tuned into the nfl.com stream, I was ready to put a fist through my laptop screen shouting "SHUT THE **** UP AND PLAY THE GOD DAMN GAME!!!!!". Those nfl.com streams are a joke, buncha has-beens yapping the entire time. who wants to hear that shit? we wanna watch football, i could give a rats ass what those announcers have to say.

yeah, i mad

ricardisimo
12-08-2011, 03:20 PM
saying they talk through 1/4 to 1/2 of the game is an understatement. more like they only show 1/8 of the game!

i swear, the last time i ever tuned into the nfl.com stream, I was ready to put a fist through my laptop screen shouting "SHUT THE **** UP AND PLAY THE GOD DAMN GAME!!!!!". Those nfl.com streams are a joke, buncha has-beens yapping the entire time. who wants to hear that shit? we wanna watch football, i could give a rats ass what those announcers have to say.

yeah, i mad
Don't hold back, we're all friends here. Tell us how you really feel, FA. :smile:

Stu Pidasso
12-08-2011, 04:34 PM
6.1? I'm familiar with 5.1 and 7.1. What's the extra channel?

Don't mean to hijack the thread but:

Front left
Front right
Left surround
Right surround
Center channel
Rear channel
.1= Subwoofer

I have the extra speaker for 7.1, but not the receiver. :( Someday...

Bayz101
12-09-2011, 03:22 AM
ROFL. Steelers will never be blacked out, and i'm sure they'll never leave one seat empty at Heinz, EVER.

sharkweek
12-09-2011, 05:53 AM
Steelers fans save other teams from their own blackouts. If I was the owner of the Bengals, Browns, Bucs, Chargers, Jaguars, Cardinal, etc... I would love it when the Steelers come to town beause it means - NO BLACKOUTS

seriously, born and raised in Cincinnati, the only game bengals fans could ever count seeing on TV was when the Steelers came to town

heck, even this season when the Bengals have had a very exciting and promising rookie QB and WR as well as a top 5 defense and a chance at the playoffs they still have been blacked out every game other than when they hosted the Steelers