PDA

View Full Version : cowher on "mike and mike"

tony hipchest
06-20-2006, 05:32 PM
if anyone didnt see it or hear the soundbites he spoke of ben. he said he didnt want ben to change and that it was his free spitit personality which makes hism so great of the field, but he did say as you grow you are expected to learn from different life lessons.

they joked with him that ben was on at the same time last week and a few hours later was in his accident. they were all lughing and cowher said he was gonna be extra the rest of the day.

weve all been expecting a stern lecture from cowher but it seems as if hes gonna handle it like a concerned father would and treat ben like a man, instead of acting like a pissed off dictator.

SteelerFanInCA
06-20-2006, 05:47 PM
I think there is probably really nothing left to say. They will just learn from this and move on. I'm sure Ben knows he screwed up without having to hear any "I told you so".

83-Steelers-43
06-20-2006, 05:50 PM
but he did say as you grow you are expected to learn from different life lessons.

Which translates into "I told you so, now get off the damn bike".

tony hipchest
06-20-2006, 05:53 PM
Which translates into "I told you so, now get off the damn bike".

yeah, i think cowher has that way about him. not quite "kill em with kindness" but kill em with reason. i think ben will fall in line. lets hope holmes does too.

83-Steelers-43
06-20-2006, 05:54 PM
yeah, i think cowher has that way about him. not quite "kill em with kindness" but kill em with reason. i think ben will fall in line. lets hope holmes does too.

IMO, Holmes will be treated a little differently. I'm hoping Cowher will lay the law of the land down because that's what he needs at this point in time. We need to make the point very clear to this kid that we do not and will not put up with this type of negativity and immaturity. I don't think Cowher should take the buddy/buddy approach with this kid.

SteelerFanInCA
06-20-2006, 06:02 PM
Agreed. They might have to keep this guy on a tight lease for now.

tony hipchest
06-20-2006, 06:04 PM
IMO, Holmes will be treated a little differently. I'm hoping Cowher will lay the law of the land down because that's what he needs at this point in time. We need to make the point very clear to this kid that we do not and will not put up with this type of negativity and immaturity. I don't think Cowher should take the buddy/buddy approach with this kid. i think you gotta work hard and earn your way to gett on the buddy buddy side of the coach. im thinking heath miller is there (although heath seems like the type just to keep quiet and stay out of the coaches way.)

plex on the other hand probably never got there. holmes may be taking for granted hes playing for a "players coach". i think he will soon find reid, washington, and wilson are treated a little better with a little more leeway for in practice and in game mistakes.