PDA

View Full Version : Why are the Steelers Making it More Difficult to Repeat?

WorstTrollEver
06-20-2006, 06:14 PM
Winning back to back Super Bowls is extremely difficult. It took every ounce of energy for New England to beat Carolina and Philadelphia for the Championship. So why is Pittsburgh making it more difficult for themselves to repeat?

First Santurdio is arrested for Disorderly Conduct.

Then Big Ben crashes his bike while riding without a license and helmet.

and then Santurdio is arrested again for domestic assault.

You never saw the great New England Patriots making such huge mistakes in their quest to repeat.

Your Steelers are becoming an embarassment. What the hell is going on down by the river?

BB2W
06-20-2006, 06:22 PM
They like a challenge... last year was to easy. :rolleyes:

Black@Gold Forever32
06-20-2006, 06:24 PM
Sorry, we are not perfect and holy like your New England Patriots. Sure Ben made a bonehead move in riding that motorcycle without a helmet and license. But he won't miss any game time. He should be back just fine. I don't know whats going on with Santonio Holmes. This is not a good way to start in your NFL career. But he still can rebound and turn himself into a model citizen and very good football player.

The Steelers have had an interesting offseason but are hardly an embarassment that you suggest.

Suitanim
06-20-2006, 06:26 PM
I knew the worst troll ever (ICH). I was friends with the worst troll ever.

You, sir, are NOT the worst troll ever.

tony hipchest
06-20-2006, 06:31 PM
Winning back to back Super Bowls is extremely difficult. It took every ounce of energy for New England to beat Carolina and Philadelphia for the Championship. So why is Pittsburgh making it more difficult for themselves to repeat?

?

dont forget, it took every ounce for the pats to beat the rams too. steelers screwed up countless times in the sb and still won by 11 points while holding a top offense to 10 points.

simple answer is they have room for error and growth.

sure ben has had some plastic surgery in the offseason, but didnt brady have a facelift and a tummy tuck after his 1st bowl?

sure the steelers may have reached for the #1 wr in the draft, but didnt the patriots reach for david terrell and chad brown for last season?

a sb repeat is difficult. but thats why ONLY the steelers have done it twice.

bens thumb is healed, his knees have healed, he was at the complex today, he will be stronger, healthier, more experienced and mature than ever.

i dont think that hurts.

if youre gonna worry about holmes, you might as well worry about el and plaxico being gone too.

tony hipchest
06-20-2006, 06:34 PM
I was friends with the worst troll ever.

*gasp*!!!!!!

i still think he shoulda made a return to this board after we won it all. troll in the truest sense of the word. he kinda wore on me and his stuff at that novogate board was pretty funny. and he did talk football.

Suitanim
06-20-2006, 06:45 PM
*gasp*!!!!!!

i still think he shoulda made a return to this board after we won it all. troll in the truest sense of the word. he kinda wore on me and his stuff at that novogate board was pretty funny. and he did talk football.

He did what most won't or can't. He came back and admitted he'd been bested and apologized. That was back when my head was more in the smack game, though...

tony hipchest
06-20-2006, 06:54 PM
He did what most won't or can't. He came back and admitted he'd been bested and apologized. That was back when my head was more in the smack game, though... oops. meant to say he kinda grew on me.

other than hopping on the colts bandwaggon he did stay true to his philosophy of liking the old school style of football. i really though he would linger but was just like a fart in the wind.

:tombstone: post in peace I.C.H. :sofunny:

Suitanim
06-20-2006, 07:03 PM
oops. meant to say he kinda grew on me.

other than hopping on the colts bandwaggon he did stay true to his philosophy of liking the old school style of football. i really though he would linger but was just like a fart in the wind.

:tombstone: post in peace I.C.H. :sofunny:

Unlike another resident poster with some mental "concerns" (Hey, I'll be nice and euphemize a bit), ICH recognized his own deficiencies, and admittedly was on meds for his troubles. When he stabilized, he apologized and moved on. You HAVE to give a guy credit for seeing his faults when they are pointed out to him in a clear, linear, and logical fashion, with accompanying threads to back up the claims for all to see.

Unfortunately, not all crazy ****ers get the help they need.

tony hipchest
06-20-2006, 07:11 PM
Unlike another resident poster with some mental "concerns" (Hey, I'll be nice and euphemize a bit), ICH recognized his own deficiencies, and admittedly was on meds for his troubles. When he stabilized, he apologized and moved on. You HAVE to give a guy credit for seeing his faults when they are pointed out to him in a clear, linear, and logical fashion, with accompanying threads to back up the claims for all to see.

Unfortunately, not all crazy ****ers get the help they need.

lol. classic!

BlackNGold203
06-20-2006, 08:47 PM
I knew the worst troll ever (ICH). I was friends with the worst troll ever.

You, sir, are NOT the worst troll ever.

LMAO.......

BlacknGold Bleeder
06-21-2006, 12:35 AM
[

You never saw the great New England Patriots making such huge mistakes in their quest to repeat.

You are right ... I never saw a Great Patriots team....:bouncy: :sofunny:

SteelCityMan786
06-21-2006, 09:31 AM

Your Steelers are becoming an embarassment. What the hell is going on down by the river?

No one is perfect, that goes for your patriots and all other 31 teams of the nfl and for every person in the world.

alwilson91
06-21-2006, 05:43 PM
Because Denver is gonna mop the floor with everyone!!!!

WorstTrollEver
06-21-2006, 05:55 PM
[

Really? You don?t recall any great New England teams? Allow me to refresh your memory:

1. Patriots are 14-point underdogs to ?The Greatest Show on Turf.? Belichick teaches 31 other teams how to beat St. Louis.
2. Tom Brady sets up Vinatieri?s 41-yard field goal with four seconds left to give New England a 32-29 victory over Carolina in one of the most exciting Super Bowls ever played.
3. The Patriots beat Philadelphia 24-21 and win their 3rd SB in 4 years. With that victory New England posts a gaudy 32-2 record since Sept. 28, 2003.

The Patriots provided the world with exciting Super Bowls. Pittsburgh provided the world with a Super Bore. And if you don?t think a 32-2 record in today?s NFL represents greatness then you need to step away from the pipe and walk away slowly.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-21-2006, 06:15 PM
Because Denver is gonna mop the floor with everyone!!!!

Just like the Broncos did in the AFC title game right? Broncos what a joke. Sure the Broncos will get their usual 11-12 wins in the regular season but then will fall apart compeltely in the playoffs like they do every since John Elway retired.

tony hipchest
06-21-2006, 06:15 PM
Really? You don’t recall any great New England teams? Allow me to refresh your memory:

1. Patriots are 14-point underdogs to “The Greatest Show on Turf.” Belichick teaches 31 other teams how to beat St. Louis.
2. Tom Brady sets up Vinatieri’s 41-yard field goal with four seconds left to give New England a 32-29 victory over Carolina in one of the most exciting Super Bowls ever played.
3. The Patriots beat Philadelphia 24-21 and win their 3rd SB in 4 years. With that victory New England posts a gaudy 32-2 record since Sept. 28, 2003.

The Patriots provided the world with exciting Super Bowls. Pittsburgh provided the world with a Super Bore. And if you don’t think a 32-2 record in today’s NFL represents greatness then you need to step away from the pipe and walk away slowly. one of the greatest sb's was bills vs. giants. 2 of the biggest sb bores was sf vs. san diego and sf vs denver. are you saying the giants were a greater team because of this? patriots are a damn good team but the only real competition they faced in this little run has been the steelers and the rams. they rely on the foot of a kicker to win 6 of their most important games (raiders, titans, colts, rams, carolina, eagles)

might as well watch soccer.

WorstTrollEver
06-21-2006, 06:23 PM
one of the greatest sb's was bills vs. giants. 2 of the biggest sb bores was sf vs. san diego and sf vs denver. are you saying the giants were a greater team because of this? patriots are a damn good team but the only real competition they faced in this little run has been the steelers and the rams. they rely on the foot of a kicker to win 6 of their most important games (raiders, titans, colts, rams, carolina, eagles)

might as well watch soccer.

Are you on record as saying a 32-2 record can be characterized as "damn good?"

Because that is what I inferred.

Please clarify if that is what you really mean.

Thank you.

tony hipchest
06-21-2006, 06:33 PM
Are you on record as saying a 32-2 record can be characterized as "damn good?"

Because that is what I inferred.

Please clarify if that is what you really mean.

Thank you.pittsburgh beat that team with a rookie qb en route to a 15-1 season. im not impressed. ive seen better than the "slide by" patsies.

you better go to your homeboard if you want more jawdrippings than that.

SteelCityMan786
06-21-2006, 06:37 PM
Really? You don?t recall any great New England teams? Allow me to refresh your memory:

1. Patriots are 14-point underdogs to ?The Greatest Show on Turf.? Belichick teaches 31 other teams how to beat St. Louis.
2. Tom Brady sets up Vinatieri?s 41-yard field goal with four seconds left to give New England a 32-29 victory over Carolina in one of the most exciting Super Bowls ever played.

The Patriots provided the world with exciting Super Bowls. Pittsburgh provided the world with a Super Bore. And if you don?t think a 32-2 record in today?s NFL represents greatness then you need to step away from the pipe and walk away slowly.

You want to tell us what happend to you guys against Denver in the AFC Divisional Playoffs?
And Al, what happend in the AFC title game?

Ben Toothlessburg
06-22-2006, 04:43 AM
[

they lost in 2001... snowjob, never shoulda made it to the SB in the first place

Big D
06-22-2006, 08:30 AM

yeah cutting your hall of famer kicker was a great move to huh??

Suitanim
06-22-2006, 05:16 PM

I just realized something....you cribbed almost this whole little rant from ProFootballTalk.com, the veritable "World Weekly News" of football information...what's next "Batboy signs 5 year contract with Patriot's"?

SteelCityMan786
06-22-2006, 06:05 PM
I just realized something....you cribbed almost this whole little rant from ProFootballTalk.com, the veritable "World Weekly News" of football information...what's next "Batboy signs 5 year contract with Patriot's"?

Ahhh damn it. I didn't bat boys could be paid.:dang: jk

HburgXL06
06-22-2006, 07:14 PM

If it hadn't been for our Pittsburgh Steelers there would be no term "Dynasty" in football. If you checked the record you would realize that in Pittsburgh, Lombardi's always come in pairs. The reason it took so much for the pats to beat carolina and the eagles is because the pats aren't as strong a team as everyone believes. I mean when your best man on D is havin a stroke that can't look good for the rest of the team. The pats played their hearts out and still needed a field goal to win it. The Steelers played their worst game of the playoffs and still won by 11 points. Don't worry, we don't build players in Pittsburgh, we built MEN OF STEEL. Be as patriotic as you want, at the end of the day you're still gonna be bowin down to the BLACKnGOLD!

BuFu

opfinistic
08-11-2006, 05:37 PM

Wow, you're a dick wherever you go.

tony hipchest
08-11-2006, 06:04 PM
Wow, you're a dick wherever you go. but the softie practically comes to tears if you say something about limp wrist bruschi.

Tankus_Maximus
08-11-2006, 11:18 PM
I can't stand Bruschi. I think it's his Erik Estrada-like hair-do.

Stlrs4Life
08-11-2006, 11:43 PM
Wow, you're a dick wherever you go.

Wow! What a sicko! Is this guy by chance related to Hank the Tank? A goof ball Browns Fan?

Stlrs4Life
08-11-2006, 11:44 PM
but the softie practically comes to tears if you say something about limp wrist bruschi.

LOL Tony, no pun intended right? !!! Wrist! LOL!

Stlrs4Life
08-11-2006, 11:46 PM

By the way, how's little Teddies wrist? How'd he manange to break it? Was he jerking it too hard?

tony hipchest
08-12-2006, 12:16 AM
By the way, how's little Teddies wrist? How'd he manange to break it? Was he jerking it too hard?teddie dont jerk it... he strokes it. :cool: