PDA

View Full Version : Browns @ Steelers Post Game Thread/Game Ball

SteelCityMom
12-08-2011, 11:32 PM
What a frustrating game...but I really feel the game plan was a good one. Take away some flukey drops and Ben's injury, and this would have been a complete blowout.

I really want to give my game ball to Brown (again), but I have to give it to Ben. I still can't believe he could walk, let alone play after that injury.

Gay had an awesome game tonight as well, and not just because of the INT. He was pretty decent for the most part in coverage as well.

Not a perfect game by any means, but it's a win and that's all that counts. Thankfully they have 10 days to prepare for SF. They need it bad.

ricardisimo
12-08-2011, 11:34 PM
My game ball goes to... Bengay.

TRH
12-08-2011, 11:35 PM
Ben, Brown, Gay...game balls to each. Technically Harrison gets one too...even when he wasn't on McCoy, he was just one step away and really intimidated him after the vicious sack.

BossAus
12-08-2011, 11:36 PM
Kemo needs to be kicked to the curb. Unbelievably stupid plays by him tonight. Unacceptable. I give the ball to Ben cause he's the toughest SOB in the NFL.

sharkweek
12-08-2011, 11:38 PM
If it wasn't for that INT and the other offensive fumbles by his WRs Ben likely would have ended up with a perfect passer rating regardless of his injury

FanSince72
12-08-2011, 11:40 PM
Wow!

Roethlisberger is one tough S.O.B.!

Game ball goes to him along with a boatload of respect!

Mad props to our very own Bionic Man!

GMU Steeler
12-08-2011, 11:42 PM
Ben- for sheer toughness. Though Brown and Gay both deserve strong honorable mentions. Ugly game with the turnovers and not being able to punch it in but this was a win for the ages honestly.

DanRooney
12-08-2011, 11:42 PM
Hines Ward.

PhantomJB93
12-08-2011, 11:44 PM
As good as Gay played, I gotta give it to Ben. I mean, how can you possibly suffer an injury like that, and not only come back and play but throw a game-clinching touchdown. I've been surprised by his toughness before but today I was just in awe.

FanSince72
12-08-2011, 11:49 PM
BTW, I didn't know that Ryan Clark was also an orthopedist.

He did a very nice job popping Troy's shoulder back in place (and he looked like he was afraid he'd get caught doing it too).

Great stuff!

Steel_Bus_24
12-08-2011, 11:52 PM
Ben displays again what a True Warrior he is:tt03:

but I'll give it up to William:tt02::tt02:

Guy made the big Int and was flying across the field making tackles......Especially toward the end to keep guys from getting out of bounds.....Love the hustle tonight

Damm those injuries though......it seems like every week we get some new big challenge to overcome

I just hope we can stay healthy enough to have a good shot in the end

One last thing, man what an electric play/atmosphere that 2nd TD was.....just watching on the tube and hearing the crowd go Yeah!!!! after Brown bought it down was awesome....and then him taking it to the house made it even better:tt04:

lipps83
12-08-2011, 11:54 PM
BTW, I didn't know that Ryan Clark was also an orthopedist.

He did a very nice job popping Troy's shoulder back in place (and he looked like he was afraid he'd get caught doing it too).

Great stuff!

Really? I missed that!

mizzouristeeler
12-08-2011, 11:55 PM
Big ben all the way:tt:

Bayz101
12-09-2011, 12:05 AM
Tomlin's absolutely right. If you can't get in from two yards out, you deserve to potentially lose. He also stated been has "A high ankle" :D

Player of the game on defense: Jason Worilds. Even though we had some big plays elsewhere, who really "expected" this young man to get two sacks just like Woodley said he would. Not to mention a forced fumble.

Offense: Ben Roethlisberger. He proved his toughness and ability at his position today. At least to the NFL network anyway. As for Brown, he's great. He played tough AGAIN this week, but at this point, big play from Brown is almost a given. Watch your back Wallace!

Bayz101
12-09-2011, 12:06 AM
And he's absolutely right. Players tend to move into the helmet's-to-helmet's a LOT.

Bayz101
12-09-2011, 12:08 AM
But he's absolutely wrong in thinking Harrison won't get a fine. He will get a fine, just because he set foot on the field. And if you don't want him to be fined, don't spend 20 minutes talking about it.

Goldsteel86
12-09-2011, 12:10 AM
This is the easiest gameball to give Ben is the reason why the Steelers are now in the playoffs. Now Arians, I'm sure that will be a different thread. Here's to Big Ben, buddy you deserved it today, here's to the fact that you're a Steeler and Thank God you dropped to number 11, you are worth everything you are being paid!

ricardisimo
12-09-2011, 12:12 AM
But he's absolutely wrong in thinking Harrison won't get a fine. He will get a fine, just because he set foot on the field. And if you don't want him to be fined, don't spend 20 minutes talking about it.
That's a bit of an exaggeration. Harrison has yet to be fined this year, although we as Steeler fans have gotten a lot of use out of the claims to the contrary.

Bayz101
12-09-2011, 12:18 AM
That's a bit of an exaggeration. Harrison has yet to be fined this year, although we as Steeler fans have gotten a lot of use out of the claims to the contrary.

I was speaking just by his history of writing out checks to Roger in his career. And, in my honest opinion. Jack Lambert would shit bricks :rofl:

Bayz101
12-09-2011, 12:20 AM
This Sunday, Baltimore loses to Indy.

GMU Steeler
12-09-2011, 12:21 AM

That would be hilarious but I don't see it happening. I do think they have at least one loss left in them though.

steelbad@50
12-09-2011, 12:23 AM
I look at Big Bens injury in a positive way, it can only make our offensive line even better, By that i mean protecting our wounded QB and opening up holes in the running game. They have no choice but to get better in both those areas.

Third Rail
12-09-2011, 12:34 AM
Damn.

I realize that sometimes I give Ben more credit than he's due and I've made excuses for him when he screws up but games like this pretty much define why he's the most important player on the Steelers. He ALWAYS gives you a chance to win. It might not be a huge score (although it would have been considerably higher had Hines and Heath not put the ball on the ground early and Mendy hadn't gotten stuffed on the goal like, but whatever) but this team goes nowhere without him. Not only is he the toughest QB in the league... but he might be the toughest player overall. I see all of these supposed badass DEs and LBs lay out on the ground week after week and not re-enter a game after a hit. But Ben? Unless his leg is a bloody stump, he's going to go back out there. He gets my game ball for sure.

Second would be Antonio Brown. That last TD was nothing short of amazing. Those were the plays we haven't for so long and it's so encouraging to see guys like Brown and Wallace who can make those plays (also, Wallace was robbed on his TD... his knee wasn't down, dammit).

And of course, the defense is looking like the Steelers D has always looked more and more each week. Such an awesome performance. Great to see the INTs and sacks back in the Burgh.

FIRST IN THE AFC, BABY! (at least for a few days)

ETL
12-09-2011, 12:47 AM
My Game ball goes to Antonio Brown. His TD sealed the game. I never saw a receiver take a deliberately underthrown ball and start making positive yards so quick. Its almost as if the underthrown ball hit him in stride which doesn't make sense but Antonio Brown's physical ability and talent can make it so.

Honorable mentions to: Ben (obviously), Gay, Harrison and also to Mendenhall - he really started running hard after Ben had his injury and Larry Foote for breaking through the line and stopping the Browns from scoring a TD on the first drive

tony hipchest
12-09-2011, 12:56 AM
Hines Ward.

:yawn:

shouldnt you be padding your bra right now?

almost impossible to not give a game ball to ben or brown, but how about the player danrooney loves to hate?

worilds

his 8 solo tackles were only 2nd to ryan clarks 9. his 2 sacks (the teams only sacks) were very woodley like.

toss in a forced fumble to boot. i know he was just padding his stats, but the knock on him earlier in the day was that he just doesnt show up on the statline. :hunch:

Merchant
12-09-2011, 01:16 AM
Game ball obviously goes to Ben but let's give honorable mention to the O-Line. 0 sacks allowed in the 2nd half. They stepped up and kept Ben clean.

jjpro11
12-09-2011, 01:30 AM
i honestly don't know who deserves the game ball.. a bunch of guys played very well.

i will say that our RBs deserve some credit for tonight. yes, Mendy got stopped on 4 straight downs.. when you look at the game though, these guys were getting hit at or behind the LOS nearly every single time and still churned out 147 yds rushing. Mendy, Redman, and Moore all ran hard as hell on every single play and turned a lot of nothing into nice gains.. on a night where our sure-handed guys put the ball on the ground, the RBs all held on to the ball. Mendy got absolutely popped a couple times and still held on to the ball. good game guys..

sharkweek
12-09-2011, 01:30 AM

considering their other losses, its the one game they have left on their schedule that would be summarize their season best if they did blow it :chuckle:

in all seriousness, while there was a point where the Colts were getting blown out by the Pats last week, they did rally from behind to give themselves a puncher's chance if they could have recovered an onside kick towards the end of the game, ultimately losing only by 7 after a 21-0 4th quarter performance. If they can play a more complete game like they did against us earlier in the season I could see them making Raven's fans sweat just like we were and just like the Pats were before time expires.

I definitely don't expect them to win, but crazier things have happened

jjpro11
12-09-2011, 02:16 AM
considering their other losses, its the one game they have left on their schedule that would be summarize their season best if they did blow it :chuckle:

in all seriousness, while there was a point where the Colts were getting blown out by the Pats last week, they did rally from behind to give themselves a puncher's chance if they could have recovered an onside kick towards the end of the game, ultimately losing only by 7 after a 21-0 4th quarter performance. If they can play a more complete game like they did against us earlier in the season I could see them making Raven's fans sweat just like we were and just like the Pats were before time expires.

I definitely don't expect them to win, but crazier things have happened

the Ravens lost to the 1-15 Dolphins a few years ago, but i won't hold my breath on this one.

Third Rail
12-09-2011, 02:23 AM
It would be glorious if the Ratbirds had a "2007 Moment" next week and choked to Indy. It seems highly unlikely, but well, they've lost to some shitty teams this year, so you never know.