PDA

View Full Version : Is THERE A Tougher Mo Fo Than Ben????

caplovestroyp43
12-08-2011, 10:52 PM
Wow! Just wow is all I can say. Short of a steamroller flatting him, I just don't think ANYTHING is going to keep this man down!!

Blessed are we that he is OUR QB!!! He's so dam tough.

:tt02::tt02::tt02:

P.S. If Marsha took that same hit, there would have been a PF and probably 30 freakin' yards! To my knowledge, there wasn't a PF and there sure as hell in my eyes should have been.

Bastage refs!!! :mad::mad::mad:

GMU Steeler
12-08-2011, 10:53 PM
No, no flag as I recall and you're right. Guy is tough as hell. Pats fans can keep Brady. I'll take our guy.

SteelCityMom
12-08-2011, 10:54 PM
I'm with you girl! Aren't many QBs in the league (ever) who could take the kind of punishment that he does and still come back to play. He's definitely one of a kind! And I'm certainly glad he's on our side!

NEWstevo
12-08-2011, 10:58 PM
No. There is no QB in the league that takes that leg crunch and keeps playing... and keeps passing.

But I know some idiots in Seattle that will still say he is just a drama queen that fakes injuries.

GMU Steeler
12-08-2011, 11:02 PM
No. There is no QB in the league that takes that leg crunch and keeps playing... and keeps passing.

But I know some idiots in Seattle that will still say he is just a drama queen that fakes injuries.

Yet those idiots would take him in a heartbeat over what they haev now. Heck gotta think most teams would.

HanSteelers
12-08-2011, 11:53 PM
No is the answer to the question.

ETL
12-09-2011, 12:04 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Vvww7.jpg

Merchant
12-09-2011, 12:05 AM
Ben's Superman. I was pretty much hyperventalating when I saw his ankle twist. I thought he'd be out for a month at least.

Merchant
12-09-2011, 12:06 AM

Ahahahahahaaaha

Steel_Bus_24
12-09-2011, 12:13 AM
This plays when Ben wakes up in the mornings.....or just when Ben walks around in general

0xyDyDfOlHc

Third Rail
12-09-2011, 01:25 AM
LOL... when did Tony Stark grow a mullet?

tanda10506
12-09-2011, 01:40 AM
When I saw the twist I thought "there goes the playoffs". When he came out in the second have I was stunned, I could not believe it. No QB is tougher, period.

Sean95m
12-09-2011, 01:54 AM
Not since Johnny Unitus has there been a QB that is that tuff! Rub some dirt in it and lets go type attitude! No way Brady or Rodgers come back from that. Yet the league wants to suck there,,,,,,,,,,, on every given sunday.

Bayz101
12-09-2011, 02:59 AM
Ahahahahahaaaha

ROFL

Kanata-Steeler
12-09-2011, 05:48 AM
Actually, YES (QB-wise):
If this was 70's nfl ? then Ben (as well as most other QB's today) would be literally DEAD, or in a wheelchair, by now.
Don't get me wrong, by today's standards, Ben is definitely TOUGH, and that's with/without the "Drama Queen" crap... !
BUT, to me, Bradshaw was a stockier-tougher-nut QB to say the least, than even Ben.
Not to mention, those 4 Rings. ;)
Believe it, or not.

Whodis
12-09-2011, 06:22 AM
I missed the Bradshaw era... I do know that I've never got to cheer for a QB as tough or talented as Big Ben! To think we could have had Rivers out of NC State?

Kanata-Steeler
12-09-2011, 06:25 AM
I missed the Bradshaw era... I do know that I've never got to cheer for a QB as tough or talented as Big Ben! To think we could have had Rivers out of NC State?
you can download the all that "missed" proof ?
but ya, Ben is definitely tough Steeler blood, and we're all glad for that.
Rivers' is just nutz.

steelfury02
12-09-2011, 07:55 AM
Remember that fantastic feeling we all had when Brady went down for the season in 08'? I had the exact opposite feeling X a trillion

My wife's fun loving attitude after having some beer quickly turned to a state of alcoholic despair lol - I literally thought she was going to cry

That said - Favre can take his "iron man" record and shove it - he had offensive lines Ben would only dream of

I actually think the moment he came back in the game, and hobbled to hand the ball off in time - it galvanized the team. From this point forward I'm not sure there is anyone in our way of getting back to the SB.

What is great is that because of our gaffes in the red zone - Tomlin was clearly PO'd any will whip these guys into shape enough to get a W at SF. In some weird way, while I would have loved to see a blowout - being able to be humbled a little bit again might go a long way.

Love where this team is going after last night. Don't want to see Ben get hurt - but the way he came back and the team responded as a whole on both sides of the ball speaks volumes to what they are capable of. Will over skill every time.

Curtain_of_Steel
12-09-2011, 08:27 AM
Exactly right, there is NO QB in this league who would've come back in. Thank god for his 3 concussions, lol Apparently he over time he forgot what pain is, lol.

You can make a list of QB's and see who played with REAL injuries to key parts of a QB. You probably would not find one who played with a broken thumb, let alone a high ankle sprain.

Go tto love Deon Sanders comments on girlie QB's, you know he was jabbing at Cutler and the rest. Just wouldn't say their names..

FanSince72
12-09-2011, 08:49 AM
The only thing missing was the French horns and the kettle drums.

I like the way Mariucci described it: "...you go in the locker room, get an aspirin and a pep talk and then get back out there."

When I think of guys like Cutler sitting on the sidelines in a blanket while his team loses a playoff game, it just increases the respect I have for Ben. From a medical standpoint he may be nuts for going back out there, but from the point of view of a teammate, it just makes you try that much harder.

And I have to say this: If Aaron Rodgers was as banged up as Ben, does anyone think he'd be out there?
It's easy to rack up mad stats when you're healthy -- but try to do it in Ben's condition and then let's see how those numbers look.

steelfury02
12-09-2011, 08:52 AM
The day that Steven A. Smith started commenting on NFL games is the day I stopped watching ESPN.

NFL Network all the time - not saying I love all the personalities there either - but I think the No Huddle show, around the league live and pre-game/half time/and post game shows are far superior to NFL Countdown and NFL 32.

Plus, I don't have to hear about lame NBA and MLB - both of which I can't stand anymore.

LayingTheWoodley56
12-09-2011, 09:05 AM
I wrote a long piece on this board a couple of weeks ago talking about how lucky we are to have a guy like Ben calling the signals for us. The only word I can use to describe him is simply unbelievable. Tough as steel.

FanSince72
12-09-2011, 09:17 AM
The day that Steven A. Smith started commenting on NFL games is the day I stopped watching ESPN.

NFL Network all the time - not saying I love all the personalities there either - but I think the No Huddle show, around the league live and pre-game/half time/and post game shows are far superior to NFL Countdown and NFL 32.

Plus, I don't have to hear about lame NBA and MLB - both of which I can't stand anymore.

I'm with you on this.

Smith and Bayless have become a caricature and now the so-called controversial opinions they allegedly harbor is all for show. Maybe there was a time when they actually had some serious debates and seriously differing opinions, but now it's all about two cats in a bag ripping each other apart simply for the scream-fest that results.

I dunno, some producer thinks this is entertaining or informative but all I see is a bunch of noise and nothing said for an hour.

4xSBChamps
12-09-2011, 09:50 AM
I recall seeing Unitas (already mentioned), Roman Gabriel, John Brody, Billy Kilmer, etc., all being tough SoB's, and Bradshaw was up-there, too:
has everybody forgotten when Mark Malone had a large gash sewn-shut on his jaw, and continued playing while leading the Steelers towards a playoff-run (musta been 1984?)

having said that, although his off-field stuff has pissed me off, Roethlisberger can take a severe ass-whooping, rub a brick on it, shrug it off, then comeback for more to spearhead a victory, and is a throw-back to the 1960's era:
probably explains why Ms. Goodell has an inflatable Tom Brady doll

Fire Arians
12-09-2011, 10:49 AM
toughest qb to ever play the game. i used to think that was favre but now it's definitely ben.

drizze99
12-09-2011, 01:56 PM
Chuck Norris has respect for Ben Roethlisberger

Opt2loc
12-09-2011, 01:58 PM
I bet ben's mom is tougher. She dry shaves her back.

Sixburgher
12-09-2011, 02:02 PM

At least he doesn't look to be the bastard child of Bert from Sesame Street.

jjpro11
12-09-2011, 02:07 PM

his mom died in a car accident when he was 8.

Rotorhead
12-09-2011, 02:13 PM
Chuck Norris wears Ben PJs to bed at night

Opt2loc
12-09-2011, 02:16 PM
his mom died in a car accident when he was 8.

Really?

A squeeler fan who lies, go figure.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06159/696635-66.stm

jjpro11
12-09-2011, 02:18 PM
stepmother.

when he points to the sky after every TD, he is honoring his mom. look it up.

Sixburgher
12-09-2011, 02:18 PM
Really?

That's his stepmother, idiot.

A Ratbird fan with an IQ roughly equivalent to his shoe size. Go figure.

Opt2loc
12-09-2011, 02:24 PM
Okay, i was wrong. The article did say it was his mother She even looks like him.

Fire Arians
12-09-2011, 02:27 PM
Really?

****** who are you to come on our boards and judge people?

jjpro11
12-09-2011, 02:31 PM
yeah.. **** off asshole.. why the hell would i lie about something like that? go back to your purple fag land.

Opt2loc
12-09-2011, 02:49 PM
yeah.. **** off asshole.. why the hell would i lie about something like that? go back to your purple fag land.

Yet another typical squeeler fan response.

Have fun cheering the black and yellow.:rofl:

Fire Arians
12-09-2011, 02:55 PM
Yet another typical squeeler fan response.

Have fun cheering the black and yellow.:rofl:

:blah:

what your mother not giving you enough attention at home, so you have to come here and get it kid? whatever helps you sleep at night i guess

steelfury02
12-09-2011, 03:03 PM
typical Ravens fan who spends too much energy in another fan base's forum - I wouldn't expect anything less from a fan base who has a Napoleon type personality. 1 SB 11 years ago and you just can't stop thumping your chest

- you really should check out the Tampa Bay Bucs forum - you and the rest of your purple camouflage wearing gang could relate to a franchise barely in existence and with 1 meaningful win.

Good for you - you swept us in the regular season - you are bound to do it at least once every five seasons lol

get outta here loser

smheart78
12-09-2011, 03:20 PM

NICE!

rich4eagle
12-09-2011, 03:25 PM
no there is no tougher mofo than Ben, and that is why I love what he does, always

bornaSteelersfan
12-09-2011, 03:36 PM
Here's the story about Ben's Mom:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/oconnor/2006-02-01-oconnor-ben_x.htm

"...Ben was waiting that day for his mother to arrive. He was playing ball with his stepmother, Brenda, unaware that a pickup had crushed Ida's car and sent her to the hospital in grave condition. Ida couldn't recover. That's why you'll see her son pointing toward the heavens in the event he throws a touchdown pass...Roethlisberger makes that gesture to honor his mother and to praise his God. Under his No. 7, over his heart, the Steelers' quarterback wears the tattooed Chinese symbol for the word mother."

stb_steeler
12-09-2011, 06:15 PM
:blah:

what your mother not giving you enough attention at home, so you have to come here and get it kid? whatever helps you sleep at night i guess

Was wondering what ever happened to bobbyjr....now we see!