PDA

View Full Version : Goodell's henchmen: Hochuli

DanRooney
12-09-2011, 12:05 AM
I was just wondering if anyone found any evidence to why Antonio Brown's catch early in the game was overturned. I never saw it any part of the ball hit the ground. That call was about as bad as William Gay's 'defensive holding' at the end of the game or Farrior's love tap prior to Colt McCoy's dive and the 'unnecessary roughness.' I really hope he isn't reffing one of our games in the playoffs.

jjpro11
12-09-2011, 12:12 AM
another pathetic game by the refs.. nothing new. i seriously hope they saw a replay angle we didn't see on TV that showed the ball hitting the ground.. if not that was almost as bad as Troy Polamalu's INT reversal in the divisional round vs the Colts.

Raw Steel
12-09-2011, 12:20 AM
The overturn of the catch was baffling unless they saw an angle NFL Network didn't show. But to be honest with you, I didn't think the refs were that bad. I thought we were sloppy and stupid. And I was wondering why Kemo lost his starting job and now I know why.

ETL
12-09-2011, 12:33 AM
I hate complaining about refs, especially when we lose, but tonight was ridiculous.

This was the most ****ing stupid ****-sucking ****-licking ass-****ing refereeing I have ever seen in a Steeler game. All these ****ing refs should be shot tomorrow.

tony hipchest
12-09-2011, 12:48 AM
this backlash is what the refs get for padding their stats.

sharkweek
12-09-2011, 01:44 AM
I'm really curious what will happen with the Harrison hit on McCoy that resulted in a penalty. It certainly looks vicious on replay but from what I saw when it happened live I thought the same thing Harrison was undoubtedly thinking at the same time: McCoy is in open field outside of the pocket (albeit still behind the line of scrimmage) and running as if he is going to scramble, and right around the LOS he slams on the breaks and dumps a pass to his left and just as fast as that happens, BAM he's hit by Harrison as any player should when going engage a free runner (and just as all the talking heads claim defenders should be playing against Tebow, of which I'd love to see Harrison vs. Tebow :popcorn:).

Heck, Mendenhall received an equally vicious hit that was even more maliciously helmet to helmet (Mendy almost lost his helmet) and the announcers even explained why it was legal and thus a good play, even praising the defender.

Danny136200
12-09-2011, 01:47 AM
I hate complaining about refs, especially when we lose, but tonight was ridiculous.

This was the most ****ing stupid ****-sucking ****-licking ass-****ing refereeing I have ever seen in a Steeler game. All these ****ing refs should be shot tomorrow.

Deep breaths now...

ETL
12-09-2011, 01:52 AM
Deep breaths now...

Thanks, I needed that.

Third Rail
12-09-2011, 02:10 AM
Agreed, that Brown catch that got overturned at the beginning of the game was total bullshit, as was taking away Mike Wallace's TD later in the game. However, they did rightfully take away Colt McCoy's TD early on when he didn't get over the line. So I can't complain too much.

jjpro11
12-09-2011, 02:14 AM
McCoy was taking off as a runner.. if they had tackled him behind the LOS, i don't think it would have even been ruled a sack. Harrison is going for the knockout blow on a runner, and at the very last second at the line of scrimmage, McCoy throws the ball and leave himself open.. boom! he paid for it. as far as i am concerned, McCoy has horrible football awareness and is always putting himself or his teammates in danger of being lit up. remember Massaquoi last year? he was led right into Harrison thanks to McCoy's reckless decision making.

jjpro11
12-09-2011, 02:15 AM
Agreed, that Brown catch that got overturned at the beginning of the game was total bullshit, as was taking away Mike Wallace's TD later in the game. However, they did rightfully take away Colt McCoy's TD early on when he didn't get over the line. So I can't complain too much.

well Wallace's knee was clearly down, so you can't argue that one. the Brown catch was complete bullshit unless there is a replay out there they haven't shown to the public.

Third Rail
12-09-2011, 02:22 AM
I don't know about Wallace's knee. They replayed it in slow-mo on NFLN and they all said they weren't sure. Fair enough though. The Brown catch was really ridiculous though... that ball CLEARLY didn't hit the ground.

tanda10506
12-09-2011, 02:29 AM
F#$@ Hochuli! One of the most bias refs ever, can't stand him.

DanRooney
12-09-2011, 03:00 AM
Can't really defend Harrison's hit this time. Clearly helmet-to-helmet.

Third Rail
12-09-2011, 03:29 AM
Yeah, I can't either but man, it's weird listening to these analysts talk about it. They all acted like the hit today was a big grey area when it was clearly helmet-to-helmet. Yet there were those hits last year where they acted like they were UNQUESTIONABLY dirty and I must have watched the replay 100 times and I swear, there was no helmet-to-helmet contact.

JCPsteelers
12-09-2011, 04:06 AM
, as was taking away Mike Wallace's TD later in the game. h.

Uh wut? Wallace knee was clearly on the ground.

The officials did fine today. The gay push off was a joke but that wasn't Hochuli throwing the flag.

jjpro11
12-09-2011, 04:10 AM
those hits are legal on ball-carriers (typically RBs).. when a QB takes off running, he becomes a ball-carrier, and the QB protection rules go out the window. the gray area is he was acting as a running ball-carrier, and at the last split second became a passer since he was still behind the line of scrimmage. Harrison was already lined up for the kill shot, and at the last second McCoy flipped the ball out, thus making him defenseless. That basically put both players in no man's land.. McCoy exposed himself to a violent collision and Harrison was at the point of no return on the shot he was lining up. Harrison will get mauled by the media, but the reality is McCoy was fair game acting as a runner, and within a fraction of a second between the throw and hit, became according to NFL rules, defenseless.

make no mistake, Harrison wasn't looking to trip up McCoy for a light tackle, he was looking to obliterate him. when a QB takes off like that, any defender would try to get their best shot at the QB.. Ben got punched in the head and nearly had his leg snapped in half earlier in the game. if they're going to roughen up our QB, you bet your ass we our going to counter at every opportunity.

Bayz101
12-09-2011, 04:10 AM
Flags we're frequent, but they weren't as bad as the B-More games.

jjpro11
12-09-2011, 04:21 AM
Uh wut? Wallace knee was clearly on the ground.

The officials did fine today. The gay push off was a joke but that wasn't Hochuli throwing the flag.

they sucked. how Brown's catch was overturned is beyond me.. the encroachment by Keisel after the Browns player clearly moved was another bad one.. and not that it mattered, but at the end of the game they called defensive holding to negate the interception. the ref didn't throw that flag until after the ball was picked off. the call itself was incredibly tacky and the fact that he called it because it resulted in an INT was even more bullshit.

i know these guys can't be perfect and i may sound picky, but damn, every game there are just so many bad calls. it's a pain in the ass to watch... and i am not just talking about Steelers games.

plenewken
12-09-2011, 07:16 AM
Las Vegas influences officiating in football. What a minute, not only in football.

Whodis
12-09-2011, 08:01 AM
Was it me or is watching a game on NFL Network like watching the news on a State run, Chinese television station. Every hit "that was late" "He will be hearing from the league" "no place for that in football".

I did like the statement that Tomlin should throw another flag after Browns catch was ruled incomplete.

theplatypus
12-09-2011, 08:13 AM
kittens

TRH
12-09-2011, 08:53 AM
Flag HAPPY. After awhile, i thought....you know.....this head ref seems more worried about getting himself "TV face time", than calling a decent game out there.
How could it be the year 2011 and the officiating be this bad? Refs should be trained and better than ever at this point. The officiating this year is as bad as i've ever seen it, probably at the lowest level, in fact.

TRH
12-09-2011, 08:54 AM
Was it me or is watching a game on NFL Network like watching the news on a State run, Chinese television station. Every hit "that was late" "He will be hearing from the league" "no place for that in football".

I did like the statement that Tomlin should throw another flag after Browns catch was ruled incomplete.

those 2 announcers were the most boring people i've ever heard call a game. I was wishing i was listening to Collinsworth.
All they are is puppets for the league and Goodell's office, kissing serious a**.

steelfury02
12-09-2011, 09:00 AM
Mike Mayock is in the midst of training to fight Hochuli

I've never seen an NFL analyst purposefully go out of his way to posture himself so that his "guns" are showing.

Mayock running up a snow capped mountain "DRAGO!"

Curtain_of_Steel
12-09-2011, 09:12 AM
Its been said many times that the refs only see what we see as far as replays go. The positioning on the field would basically go along with this, as you would not have the other sideline shot.

A side from Goodell making sure we miss the playoffs, there was no angle to show 100% without a doubt that ball hit the ground.

What the ref seen was the ball shoot in under one hand, and as Brown curled and turned on the ground the other hand slid under and took the firsts hands place. Now based on that visual, the ref could make the asumption that when the hands traded places the ball hit the ground. However its not his place to assume what the camera would've caught if it had a better angle. The rules are clear, evidence must be clear to overturn. There was no evidence and only an assumption.

So lets talk about that encrochment call on harrison or keisel where the end on the oline moved and we got the whistle. That could not have even further from the call.

Over all the calls weren't that bad, we got the goal line call. We couldve got another PF on Worilds on the sideline when he ran up to McCoy after getting him out of bounds and tapping him on the head.

I"m split on Harrisons PF as he was going at him as a RB, than he changed direction and passed. His hit would not have been a H2H hit. However it was and I do not think it was intentional. Will get fined, but first of the year and no way he gets suspended as some in th emedia have raised the question.

Our discpline remains in quesiton with other stupid PF. One day this is going to hurt us and I think Tomlin is pissed off with Farrior about it as well. Especially with him have one ass cheek on th ebench, it wont take much toput him back there.

Fire Arians
12-09-2011, 12:04 PM
hochuli's crew has always been flag happy

that challenge should have been overturned, brown caught that all the way.

seems though there were tickytack calls on both sides.

BigRick
12-09-2011, 01:10 PM
Flag HAPPY. After awhile, i thought....you know.....this head ref seems more worried about getting himself "TV face time", than calling a decent game out there.
How could it be the year 2011 and the officiating be this bad? Refs should be trained and better than ever at this point. The officiating this year is as bad as i've ever seen it, probably at the lowest level, in fact.

I've been saying for years they should penalize the officals for flagrantly bad call. I cringe everytime the Steelers draw Hochuli's crew. I totally agree the officating is horrendous and Hochuli's crew has been one of the worst over the past few years. Maybe they should send them back to Officiating School. :banging:

kirklandrules
12-09-2011, 01:55 PM

Wow, somehow your comments match your banner. At least you're consistent, I'll give you that. :hatsoff:

steelerchad
12-09-2011, 10:13 PM
those hits are legal on ball-carriers (typically RBs).. when a QB takes off running, he becomes a ball-carrier, and the QB protection rules go out the window. the gray area is he was acting as a running ball-carrier, and at the last split second became a passer since he was still behind the line of scrimmage. Harrison was already lined up for the kill shot, and at the last second McCoy flipped the ball out, thus making him defenseless. That basically put both players in no man's land.. McCoy exposed himself to a violent collision and Harrison was at the point of no return on the shot he was lining up. Harrison will get mauled by the media, but the reality is McCoy was fair game acting as a runner, and within a fraction of a second between the throw and hit, became according to NFL rules, defenseless.

make no mistake, Harrison wasn't looking to trip up McCoy for a light tackle, he was looking to obliterate him. when a QB takes off like that, any defender would try to get their best shot at the QB.. Ben got punched in the head and nearly had his leg snapped in half earlier in the game. if they're going to roughen up our QB, you bet your ass we our going to counter at every opportunity.

Who gives a shit. I'm to the point where you just play the game as hard as you can and whatever is called is called. Part of this game is still intimidation. And hits like that make a QB like McCoy apprehensive to say the least. Worth the 15 yards IMO. Steelers should cover these fines on the down low as well. As long as the player is just playing hard and is not intentionally dirty they should find a way to cover the costs for the players.

I was listening to a Titans LBer on Sirius NFL radio today and he said the team covers their fines on aggressive hits. I was shoked to hear it. Not that it goes on, but that a player stated it on national radio. Goodell has to be pissed to hear that. Totally defeats the purpose of the fines if the teams are circumventing them by indirectly paying them for the player. If the leauge thought their owners weren't backing them on their "safety" policy it would not go over well.

As long as Harrison doesn't get a 1 game suspension I'm ok with risking a flag in that spot. In the long run that kind of aggressive play will do more good than harm.

cubanstogie
12-09-2011, 10:32 PM
Can't really defend Harrison's hit this time. Clearly helmet-to-helmet.

I could be wrong but if the QB is out of the pocket he is basically the same as a RB so helmet to helmet would be a non issue. When you see that play live it was bang bang and not late. Wallace's knee was down so they actually got that right. Have no idea why they reversed Browns catch.

ricardisimo
12-10-2011, 06:09 AM
Not only helmet-to-helmet, but Harrison pretty clearly aimed his helmet. It was a weapon. Don't have too much problem with that call, but it is extremely odd that the exact same tackle against Mendenhall was praised. Mendenhall's brains and future don't matter as much, it seems.

steelfury02
12-10-2011, 08:24 AM
I'm just getting this sick feeling that in a huge playoff game this year, or even in the SB, we are going to lose the game because of the refs - it is bound to happen to some team in the playoffs and it will send their playoff hopes packing - mark my words

TRH
12-10-2011, 09:11 AM
I'm just getting this sick feeling that in a huge playoff game this year, or even in the SB, we are going to lose the game because of the refs - it is bound to happen to some team in the playoffs and it will send their playoff hopes packing - mark my words

thats certainly a possibility and if its not our team, it could very well be another team as an unfortunate victim.
The refs are so godawful this year, i'm finding it hard to put it into words. I think a large part of their inadequateness stems from bending to league office pressure, feeling that "they have to make a lot of calls and throw alot of flags". Incorrect of course, but they are likely fearful of their positions.

StylCurtainXL
12-10-2011, 11:42 AM
Not only helmet-to-helmet, but Harrison pretty clearly aimed his helmet. It was a weapon. Don't have too much problem with that call, but it is extremely odd that the exact same tackle against Mendenhall was praised. Mendenhall's brains and future don't matter as much, it seems.

I can't agree with the 'aiming' at his helmet. Albeit hard, Harrison looked to be making a form tackle and McCoy ducked in anticipation. Tall LB, shorter QB unfortunate circumstances but it really looked to me that Harrison was going for his shoulder/chest to de-cleat him.

tanda10506
12-10-2011, 12:15 PM
Harrison's hit would have been okay a few years back. How do they expect players to tackle, with their heads down damaging there neck? Of course helmets will hit, both players are looking where there going and your helmet does stick up past your shoulder pads. Unless you tackle with ur legs/feet, helmets will hit. It was a formed tackle, he didn't spear him or anything like that and McCoy was running at first. PrimeTime and keyshawn johnson both said the same thing: that's how you are taught to tackle and when the ball carrier lowers his head, there's not much the defender can do.

stb_steeler
12-10-2011, 12:31 PM

Shhhhhh you'll get the all the Seadawg fans worked up again.

steelfury02
12-10-2011, 12:39 PM
whoops! my bad! lol

ricardisimo
12-10-2011, 02:41 PM
I can't agree with the 'aiming' at his helmet. Albeit hard, Harrison looked to be making a form tackle and McCoy ducked in anticipation. Tall LB, shorter QB unfortunate circumstances but it really looked to me that Harrison was going for his shoulder/chest to de-cleat him.
Colt McCoy = 6' 1"
James Harrison = 6' 0"
:noidea:
He was aiming. Harrison admitted as much when he explained his understanding of the rules. He thought he was a runner, and you can go helmet-to-helmet on a runner, so he did.

Lord of Lombardi
12-10-2011, 08:07 PM
I was just wondering if anyone found any evidence to why Antonio Brown's catch early in the game was overturned. I never saw it any part of the ball hit the ground. That call was about as bad as William Gay's 'defensive holding' at the end of the game or Farrior's love tap prior to Colt McCoy's dive and the 'unnecessary roughness.' I really hope he isn't reffing one of our games in the playoffs.

You won't find any evidence. This was exactly like Troy's interception against Indy before we beat Sealttle for the Lombardi. This play was as crystal as clear gets and this proves that they are going to do what ever the hell they want. That ref should have to prove his call and if he can't then he should be fined or suspended. Take it from a Marine, these commie bastards are going to ruin the sport. The day is coming my Steeler friends that we will all realize Godell is no different than our government. He can pretty much do what ever the hell he wants. I fought 8 years for this country and am embarrassed with our so called Commander in Chief. I am equally embarrassed by the NFL's commander in "CHEAT" Gaydell!

God bless us all