PDA

View Full Version : Week 14 Gay Meter: +18 (+ 4 today)

ETL
12-09-2011, 12:39 AM
Hey, hey, what can I say?

Big play Gay may have saved the day.

He was solid all around today. Even without the INT, he broke up passes, made tackles in the field and contributed greatly as a member of a defense that only gave up 3 points.

Now aren't you glad the Steelers didn't cut him for Crezedon Butler.

casteeler
12-09-2011, 12:45 AM
He played well and has played well over the past few weeks but I'm still
Not drinking the Kool-aid

ETL
12-09-2011, 12:50 AM
He played well and has played well over the past few weeks but I'm still
Not drinking the Kool-aid

Dude, its Kool-aid when we try to prop up a guy that's not producing.

Gay is like 100% pure moonshine right now. He has had 2 game saving INTs in the past 4 games.

Steel_Bus_24
12-09-2011, 12:53 AM
Got to give it up to William tonight

Way to go....:tt03::tt03::tt03:

The guy made a great deal of improvement within his role on the D

Before this year he was mediocre even as a Nickle/Dime corner, now he's a great asset within that role

Its up to the coaching staff to keep him thriving in that role though...

Keep him away from the Burners, Elite 2s!!!

casteeler
12-09-2011, 12:58 AM
Dude, its Kool-aid when we try to prop up a guy that's not producing.

Gay is like 100% pure moonshine right now. He has had 2 game saving INTs in the past 4 games.

Very True

Merchant
12-09-2011, 01:02 AM
He had a solid game. Except early when McCoy threw that deep ball to Massaquoi or Little (I forget) he seemed to be in good position to intercept it or knock it down and then he just fell down pretty much. Veryy fortunate it wasn't caught for the TD.

Loves me some Gay tho :thumbsup:

casteeler
12-09-2011, 01:04 AM
He had a solid game. Except early when McCoy threw that deep ball to Massaquoi or Little (I forget) he seemed to be in good position to intercept it or knock it down and then he just fell down pretty much. Veryy fortunate it wasn't caught for the TD.

Loves me some Gay tho :thumbsup:

Should have been offensive pass interference

Merchant
12-09-2011, 01:07 AM
Should have been offensive pass interference

I don't think so. I didn't see too much contact.

tony hipchest
12-09-2011, 01:37 AM
Now aren't you glad the Steelers didn't cut him for Crezedon Butler.

i dont know... crezdog been puting together some pretty fly jams while on IR-

JawaFdAjPA4

SH-Rock
12-09-2011, 01:44 AM
Give to Carnell Lake. Complete turnaround of the secondary. Made one of the worst players into something essential to the defense.

ETL
12-09-2011, 01:53 AM
i dont know... crezdog been puting together some pretty fly jams while on IR-

JawaFdAjPA4

Where u find this stuff? Hilarious.

tony hipchest
12-09-2011, 01:55 AM
i think will gay has a bad rap because he couldnt tackle the leagues best RB in the open field and because he repeatedly got burnt by the leagues best TE in single coverage.

i think by now every team has learned that you dont cover gronkowski one on one with a nickle back (lebeau would tell you as much) and pretty much nobody takes down adrian peterson, solo, in the open field.

tony hipchest
12-09-2011, 02:02 AM

:laughing:

he put the link up on twitter and asked people to check it out. i was the 1st to view it and told him it was pretty stanky fresh. he said "thanks". :chuckle:

jjpro11
12-09-2011, 02:06 AM
i think will gay has a bad rap because he couldnt tackle the leagues best RB in the open field and because he repeatedly got burnt by the leagues best TE in single coverage.

i think by now every team has learned that you dont cover gronkowski one on one with a nickle back (lebeau would tell you as much) and pretty much nobody takes down adrian peterson, solo, in the open field.

no. he had a horrible year... well, couple years. plain and simple.

people forget Ike was horrible in 2006 and was even benched by Cowher.. he turned out alright.

i still don't really know what we have in Gay.. he was good in 2008 and has been good in 2011, but was bad in 2009 and 2010. i don't think he played much at all his rookie year in 2007. maybe Carnell Lake helped him turn the corner this year and he will be reliable from here on out. it remains to be seen.

Third Rail
12-09-2011, 02:07 AM
I bitched up a storm when they kept Gay in the offseason, and I'll gladly say that I'm eating crow now. He's been great this season. Not sure who I would name defensive MVP this season, but Gay would definitely be in the running.

tanda10506
12-09-2011, 02:46 AM
Gay is the most improved player on the team this year. You could make an argument for Brown, but he wasn't horrible like Gay last year.

Bayz101
12-09-2011, 04:16 AM
I don't drink the doom and gloom Kool-Aid. Never doubted Gay. Kemo on the other hand...

Bayz101
12-09-2011, 04:17 AM
Never doubted Polamalu either. And he made a play today.

Bayz101
12-09-2011, 04:17 AM

Lmao.