PDA

View Full Version : Colt McCoy can't remember James Harrison's hit,

tony hipchest
12-09-2011, 01:46 AM
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2011/12/defense_leaves_steelers_offens.html?utm_source=dlv r.it&utm_medium=twitter

PITTSBURGH, Pa. -- James Harrison did it again. Another helmet to helmet hit, another Browns player down writhing in pain.

Last year it was wide receivers Mohamed Massaquoi and Josh Cribbs. Both were smashed in the head by Harrison's helmet and both were knocked out cold. Both suffered concussions. Harrison was fined $75,000 for the hit on Massaquoi.

Thursday night, he drilled Colt McCoy helmet-to-helmet and McCoy remained down on the field for a minute. Harrison was flagged 15 yards for unnecessary roughness and can expect his fine from the league office next week.

"Honestly, I don't remember (the hit)," McCoy told the Elyria Chronicle-Telegram after the game.

McCoy remained out for two plays and the came back in the game, eventually throwing a deciding interception to the Steelers' William Gay.

"He was fine to go back in,'' said coach Pat Shurmur.

Shurmur was asked if Harrison's hit was a cheap shot.

"Well, I mean it was penalized, right?'' said Shurmur. "I think (the officials) felt it was, so it was penalized.''

mary kay calbots hatred is strong
in this article... :chuckle:

tanda10506
12-09-2011, 01:53 AM
So sick of this sissy sh*t

jjpro11
12-09-2011, 02:29 AM
and once again the Browns leave Pittsburgh with their tails between their legs.

on another note, let's see if the media rips into the Browns for letting McCoy back into the game after what almost certainly was a concussion, when we got grilled for the way we handled Polamalu and Ward this season, even though neither player returned to the game. all three games were on prime-time, so no excuses. i bet the media doesn't mention it once... especially that douche bag at PFT.

Bayz101
12-09-2011, 02:54 AM
I'm glad Harrison made that hit.

TRH
12-09-2011, 08:08 AM
yeah, even though he gets fined.....whats the "intimidation" value that he lays into the heads of McCoy and other QB's,who are afraid of taking that same hit?

Whodis
12-09-2011, 08:10 AM
and once again the Browns leave Pittsburgh with their tails between their legs.

on another note, let's see if the media rips into the Browns for letting McCoy back into the game after what almost certainly was a concussion, when we got grilled for the way we handled Polamalu and Ward this season, even though neither player returned to the game. all three games were on prime-time, so no excuses. i bet the media doesn't mention it once... especially that douche bag at PFT.

I was thinking the same thins

Curtain_of_Steel
12-09-2011, 08:19 AM
Im liking Deon Sanders more and more with his comments. Im sure Deon will be fined by Goodell shortly for not being a puppet. He and Irvin gave some good comments on the hit.

Interesting though, how exactly did McCoy re-renter the game if he couldnt remember the hit? What happened to the extensive battery of tests on the sideline that has to be done? They wrapped a finger on his left hand and the 2 idiot announcers started comparing his toughness to Ben, LOL
If he couldnt remember the hit, by new NFL concussion rule, he would never have been let to go back into the game.

SteelCityMom
12-09-2011, 08:23 AM
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2011/12/defense_leaves_steelers_offens.html?utm_source=dlv r.it&utm_medium=twitter

mary kay calbots hatred is strong
in this article... :chuckle:

She's just padding her journalism stats. :chuckle:

Buddha Bus
12-09-2011, 08:40 AM
She's just padding her journalism stats. :chuckle:

Oh, she's padding alright..... maxi-padding. :sofunny:

FanSince72
12-09-2011, 09:07 AM
So now the rumor is that the league may suspend Harrison?

Really?
For what?

I watched that play from beginning to end and what I saw was a QB who came running out of the pocket and thus became a running back and it did look as if he was going to run with the ball. So James took a bead on him (like he's paid to do) and went after him as a runner.

McCoy pulls up at the last second and tosses a short pass and James hit him.

Even the talking heads are saying that the hit wasn't late and in my opinion it wasn't intentionally head-first either.
As James was approaching McCoy, it was clear that he was aiming for his upper torso and just before impact he lowered his head (which is the natural thing a human does when bracing for such an impact) and hit McCoy just above the numbers. McCoy, (again just as humans do) also braced for the impact by lowering HIS head and James caught him on the facemask.

So what's the problem?

What they should show Goodell is the exchange between McCoy and Harrison a few plays later when James obviously said something to McCoy (probably something like "Sorry about that") and McCoy says something back (probably, "Don't worry about it") and pats Harrison on the helmet in a friendly way.
Is this the reaction of a man who has been the victim of a vicious and devastating hit?

The fact that McCoy was out on the field after missing only one play (and we were told that he missed the play because they had to tape up a dislocated finger and nothing was said about any head injury) and then later he and James are seen talking to each other with McCoy giving him a "Good hit" tap on the helmet, should also be part of the "evidence" that Goodell should be evaluating.

A totally off the wall response like that of Suh's should definitely be dealt with harshly because no one could find anything good to say about that.
But Harrison's hit on McCoy is just football and judging by McCoy's reaction, he thinks so as well.

Remember what Lombardi once said: "Dancing is a contact sport... football is a HITTING sport."

JustinM
12-09-2011, 09:37 AM
Add me to the group who LOVED that hit!

Fire Arians
12-09-2011, 11:39 AM
Colt McCoy after getting hit by James Harrison:

GPRscxQZs8E

Sixburgher
12-09-2011, 12:24 PM
Im liking Deon Sanders more and more with his comments. Im sure Deon will be fined by Goodell shortly for not being a puppet.

Fined? He'll probably be fired from Herr Goodell's propaganda network outright.

FanSince72
12-09-2011, 01:01 PM
I don't think the hit was that big a deal.

Besides, after the game, the trainer looked at McCoy, held up three fingers and asked, "How many?"

McCoy said, "Monday."

He's fine.

PhantomJB93
12-09-2011, 01:14 PM
What I hate the most is that Harrison hasn't done this all year, has been playing clean all year, finally has one bad hit and now everyone's going to jump on him and say "Same old Harrison, hasn't changed, still dirty" as if the first 12 games didn't count.

Stu Pidasso
12-09-2011, 01:18 PM
One question:

Would YOU remember that hit?

FanSince72
12-09-2011, 01:18 PM
What I hate the most is that Harrison hasn't done this all year, has been playing clean all year, finally has one bad hit and now everyone's going to jump on him and say "Same old Harrison, hasn't changed, still dirty" as if the first 12 games didn't count.

But that's just it --- I don't think it was a bad hit at all. I've watched it many times over and what I saw was Harrison tucking his head down to brace for it and was mostly leading with his left shoulder. McCoy answered by lowering HIS head for the same reason and the result was Harrison's helmet clipping McCoy's facemask.

It happens.

But I didn't think for a minute that there was anything intentional other than making sure it was a solid hit because it was against a QB which is what every defensive player has done since the beginning of football.

bornaSteelersfan
12-09-2011, 01:38 PM
I think the exchange between Harrison and McCoy went something like this:

Harrison, "I'm really sorry about that, Colt"

McCoy, "Forget about, man, I already did."

Opt2loc
12-09-2011, 01:47 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Headhunter-James-Harrison-flagged-for-vicious-h?urn=nfl-wp13494

This what everyone who is not blinded by their love for the Squeelers thinks of the hit.

Sixburgher
12-09-2011, 01:58 PM
As if I really give a shit what a 4th rate hack who blogs for Yahoo Sports thinks.

jjpro11
12-09-2011, 02:04 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Headhunter-James-Harrison-flagged-for-vicious-h?urn=nfl-wp13494

This what everyone who is not blinded by their love for the Squeelers thinks of the hit.

the big mean man James Harrison hit the quarerback too hard. The Steelers keep hurting players. :crying01::crying01::crying01:

JCPsteelers
12-09-2011, 02:04 PM

Get back to your Ratbird board loser. BTW don't remember Ray Lewis being suspended for his head to head hit on Hines.

bornaSteelersfan
12-09-2011, 02:06 PM

No, not everyone. This is a Chris Chase article, the biggest Steeler hater of them all.

Opt2loc
12-09-2011, 02:09 PM
Get back to your Ratbird board loser. BTW don't remember Ray Lewis being suspended for his head to head hit on Hines.

Nice comeback

Typical squeeler response. Look at the title of the thread loser.
This is about your guy taking yet another cheap shot. Not Lewis.:tt04:

Sixburgher
12-09-2011, 02:14 PM
Typical squeeler response.

Isn't it a school day, junior? :yawn:

Fire Arians
12-09-2011, 02:30 PM
Nice comeback

Typical squeeler response. Look at the title of the thread loser.
This is about your guy taking yet another cheap shot. Not Lewis.:tt04:

yeah that harrison guy is so dirty. he should have punched colt mccoy in the nose instead

jjpro11
12-09-2011, 02:37 PM
yeah that harrison guy is so dirty. he should have punched colt mccoy in the nose instead

i bet those dirty Steelers had a bounty on McCoy.

MasterOfPuppets
12-09-2011, 02:53 PM
McCoy's dad rips Browns for letting QB return from helmet hit

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d824e2b08/article/mccoys-dad-rips-browns-for-letting-qb-return-from-helmet-hit?module=HP11_headline_stack