PDA

View Full Version : Mendenhall getting stuffed at the goal line leads to me getting choked by a bouncer

LayingTheWoodley56
12-09-2011, 10:10 AM
You guys have to listen to what happened to me last night. I was at a bar watching the game with my girlfriend, drinking a little bit but by no means being belligerent or obtrusively loud. When Mendenhall got stuffed on that fourth and goal I instinctively reacted by kicking the bar stool next to me, and it fell over. I went to pick it up immediately, and I hear somebody say "calm down ******." Thinking it was somebody at the bar, I looked in the direction I heard it from and said something to the effect of "who said that." Turns out it was a rather large bouncer. I think I said something about "his bouncer muscles" but literally within 5 seconds I was on the ground in a wrestling style choke hold. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this sound a little excessive? My girlfriend was also thrown to the ground when she tried to step in. I was obviously kicked out of the bar after that. We called the police, if nothing else to create a problem for the bar and let them know we weren't going to take this lying down.

The kicker is that if Wallace gets into the end zone, or Mendy doesn't get stuffed three straight times, none of this happens. I've always hated our weak goal line running game, but this is the worst thing it's ever done to me!!1 :drink: at least we got the win :tt04:

desertsteel
12-09-2011, 10:14 AM
Hey at least you got a funny story out of it :)

Stu Pidasso
12-09-2011, 10:17 AM
You called the cops? Douche move.

theplatypus
12-09-2011, 10:18 AM
Having been on the other side of that scenario too many times I'm siding with the bouncer. You were drinking and more than likely acting the fool and you got what you deserved. And calling the cops is beyond stupid. More often than not they're going to listen to the people that aren't drinking and you're doing nothing but drawing attention to yourself, potentially opening yourselves up to DWI's etc. You want to kick over furniture because of a football game stay at home, the general public doesn't need or want to deal with your childish behavior.

LayingTheWoodley56
12-09-2011, 10:20 AM
Why is that a douche move? I wasn't acting like a fool at all during the game and we were both very polite to everyone working there. I was in my view assaulted without any cause for a snap to brutality in under five seconds, and they put their hands on my girlfriend. We called the cops simply to cause a problem for these assholes, and both officers agreed that what they did was wrong. There was no danger of a DWI because we weren't driving.

TRH
12-09-2011, 10:38 AM
for those of you on the side of the bouncer......if someone's in a bar,getting loud, kicks over a stool, then makes a comment of any kind, you can EASILY walk them out, etc, there's many options.
But to do a "takedown" or "choke out" is completely unnecessary and is an uncontrollable act of testosterone. He didn't sound like he was "out of control" or other people were in immediate danger.
Takedowns and chokeholds when someones not out of control or other people are not being assaulted is not only an over reaction but abuse of the bouncer position as well.
I don't like belligerent people in bars either, but in this instance, there seems to have been zero reason for this reaction. I'm even questioning the getting kicked out part. Should have been a "hey, don't kick over the stools" type of thing and that should have been it, done and over.

theplatypus
12-09-2011, 10:38 AM
Why is that a douche move? I wasn't acting like a fool at all during the game and we were both very polite to everyone working there. I was in my view assaulted without any cause for a snap to brutality in under five seconds, and they put their hands on my girlfriend. We called the cops simply to cause a problem for these assholes, and both officers agreed that what they did was wrong. There was no danger of a DWI because we weren't driving.

Your act of "instinctively kicking a bar stool" is immature childish behavior period. If you want to be in public act like an adult if you want to act like a child then stay at home. Quit being a kitten by playing the victim and accept responsibility for your actions.

theplatypus
12-09-2011, 10:41 AM
for those of you on the side of the bouncer......if someone's in a bar,getting loud, kicks over a stool, then makes a comment of any kind, you can EASILY walk them out, etc, there's many options.
But to do a "takedown" or "choke out" is completely unnecessary and is an uncontrollable act of testosterone. He didn't sound like he was "out of control" or other people were in immediate danger.
Takedowns and chokeholds when someones not out of control or other people are not being assaulted is not only an over reaction but abuse of the bouncer position as well.
I don't like belligerent people in bars either, but in this instance, there seems to have been zero reason for this reaction. I'm even questioning the getting kicked out part. Should have been a "hey, don't kick over the stools" type of thing and that should have been it, done and over.

YOu're forgetting one major detail, there are two sides to every story. 99 times out of 100 the people having drinks are leaving out significant details as well. For all you know his "I said something abou this bouncers muscles" was **** you you steriod injecting muscle .....

LayingTheWoodley56
12-09-2011, 10:42 AM
I'll tell you guys right now that my behavior was completely normal for the entire game. Like someone said above me, they could have handled it without force easily, there was barely even other people in the bar.

TRH
12-09-2011, 10:43 AM
YOu're forgetting one major detail, there are two sides to every story. 99 times out of 100 the people having drinks are leaving out significant details as well.

I understand that.....i'm just going on the facts that he described here. Plus no one, including the bouncer, was in any danger. By the facts he stated....its WAY overreacton and bullying.
There could be more. Just going by whats on here.

theplatypus
12-09-2011, 11:06 AM
I'll tell you guys right now that my behavior was completely normal for the entire game. Like someone said above me, they could have handled it without force easily, there was barely even other people in the bar.

It doesn't matter if there were 100 people in the bar or if it was just you, kicking shit and acting like an infant is unacceptable. Grow up or stay home.

Whodis
12-09-2011, 11:19 AM
People are losing sight of the story...

It's safe to say if Mendenhall pushes forward instead of bouncing back, none of this ever happens? Just think how many people got their asses kicked at bars because of Willie Parker

theplatypus
12-09-2011, 11:25 AM
People are losing sight of the story...

It's safe to say if Mendenhall pushes forward instead of bouncing back, none of this ever happens? Just think how many people got their asses kicked at bars because of Willie Parker

Bounced back?

more like Kemo flailed like a chump and Gocong dropped the hammer on Mendy

Whodis
12-09-2011, 11:34 AM
gsXablnov6Y

Whodis
12-09-2011, 11:37 AM
he went forward?

Fire Arians
12-09-2011, 11:42 AM
dude was prolly rooting for the browns.

i don't mess the bouncers where im at they're all big samoans haha

Buddha Bus
12-09-2011, 11:56 AM
i don't mess the bouncers where im at they're all big samoans haha

Like this? :chuckle:

http://www.wwe.com/f/imagecache/686x384_scale_plain/talent/bio/2011/03/bio-thewildsamoans.jpg

MDSteel15
12-09-2011, 12:02 PM

http://www.wwe.com/f/imagecache/686x384_scale_plain/talent/bio/2011/03/bio-thewildsamoans.jpg

Affa and Sika!!!

Buddha Bus
12-09-2011, 12:21 PM
Affa and Sika!!!

You are correct, sir! :hatsoff:

Here's your prize! :chuckle:

http://www.vam.ac.uk/images/image/24718-large.jpg

Fire Arians
12-09-2011, 12:25 PM

:chuckle:

defence
12-09-2011, 12:30 PM
Just surprised no one has touched on why redman wasn't in for a try at the goal line!! I was shocked they never got him in to try at least on 4th down!!

tanda10506
12-09-2011, 01:17 PM
Exactly, every down we were asking "Why is mendy in".

Regarding the original topic, I am a service technician for GM and mitsubishi, but I am also a part time bouncer. First off, you shouldn't have kicked anything, but I don't think one small outburst after a few drinks is all that bad, it happens. Now depending on what you said to the bouncer, you may have pissed him off personally causing him to do what he did, again it depends on what you said. Either way there was no need to lay hands on you at that time, he should have given you a final warning or asked you to leave. A lof of bouncers just like roughing people up so they don't realize that being a bouncer does not automatically allow you to assault people. There are plenty of occasions where roughing somebody up is appropriate, but your case wasn't to that point yet. As for your girlfriend, if a situation does end up in a fight, I am not going to get clawed or scratched nor kicked in the groin because some chick wants to save a dumbass. As I said I agree with you though in this case. I dont think calling the police is a douche move, but unlesd your brutally beaten, it wont get you anywhere.

tunes4life
12-09-2011, 02:36 PM
Well, it has something to do with the Steelers so that bouncer will probably be receiving a $50,000 fine from Goodell

MACH1
12-09-2011, 03:17 PM
He was just padding his bouncer stats.
:chuckle:

StainlessStill
12-09-2011, 03:19 PM
theplatypus HAS to be the bouncer from last night, lmao.

And that goal-line stand was to be expected right from that POP Mendy took on that first down. We got stuffed out of our ass like little sissies on all 3 downs. They had us, we should have manned up and took the points knowing we were defeated at that point. Our offensive line are a bunch of floppers when teams know when we are going to run because they sure as hell weren't geared for a pass when Ben can't even stand.

MasterOfPuppets
12-09-2011, 03:30 PM
i'd be callin a lawyer because my back would be hurtin somethin fierce after the way that bouncer manhandled me . :wink02:

http://comps.fotosearch.com/comp/OJO/OJO216/man-neck-brace_~pe0067604.jpg

my next door neighbor has a lawsuit pending against a strip club and its bouncers after they kicked the crap out of him.

jjpro11
12-09-2011, 03:33 PM
Well, it has something to do with the Steelers so that bouncer will probably be receiving a $50,000 fine from Goodell

the stool was defenseless when he hit it. first time offender.. he'll likely only get $15K. however his girlfriend will get another $15K for striking the defenseless floor.

tanda10506
12-09-2011, 03:34 PM
i'd be callin a lawyer because my back would be hurtin somethin fierce after the way that bouncer manhandled me . :wink02:

This would be a way to cause them problems, as I said, the police aren't going to help you unless your beat unmerciful.

steelfury02
12-09-2011, 05:02 PM
that was YOU kicking my favorite stool? lol just joking man

classic p*ssing contest - their word versus yours dude but good for you for at least making them a little uncomfortable about it - don't let people walk all over your - or in your case, go Nicolai Volkov on you

Sounds like a scene out of an 80s movie - they touched your woman - "they left you no choice" but to train to a sweet synthesizer filled montage and avenge her

Kanata-Steeler
12-09-2011, 06:32 PM
meaning, you were probably coached by Ariens and his non-exiistet running plays.-but duh same shite

Bayz101
12-09-2011, 10:16 PM
It was a little much for you to be tackled and choked. I don't care how big someone is, if they touch my girl, i'll knock them the hell out. The bigger they are, the harder they fall. As for people taking the bouncers side: C'mon man! Bouncers are dumb. I just had a bouncer beat a man to death recently here in Mansfield. Their jerks.

And if Redman runs, this never happens.

steelfury02
12-10-2011, 08:04 AM
oh the miserable people

you must have been in the wrong cause I was there and just like to be contrary

ugh - really?

Buddha Bus
12-10-2011, 09:34 AM
classic p*ssing contest - their word versus yours dude but good for you for at least making them a little uncomfortable about it - don't let people walk all over your - or in your case, go Nicolai Volkov on you

Good God, no! His ears would never recover from that assault! :chuckle:

3TVU-sjy5_4

steelfury02
12-10-2011, 10:07 AM
I figured I didn't spell his name correctly - oh the memories!

I'm picturing Hulk Hogan and Mr. T coming out of the tunnel with Eye of the Tiger intro

Fire Arians
12-10-2011, 12:16 PM
It was a little much for you to be tackled and choked. I don't care how big someone is, if they touch my girl, i'll knock them the hell out. The bigger they are, the harder they fall. As for people taking the bouncers side: C'mon man! Bouncers are dumb. I just had a bouncer beat a man to death recently here in Mansfield. Their jerks.

And if Redman runs, this never happens.

The bigger they are the harder they hit too lol

rich4eagle
12-10-2011, 12:42 PM
Just surprised no one has touched on why redman wasn't in for a try at the goal line!! I was shocked they never got him in to try at least on 4th down!!

Exactly, I believe Redman is a better short yardage back than Mendenhall. Further, running essentially the same play with the same guy four times sucks.:tt04:

steelfury02
12-10-2011, 12:49 PM
BINGO! You are correct! Let's try motioning the lead blocker - that'll trick em right? Awe shucks - they figured out the play for the FOURTH time in a row! How dey do dat?

Steeldude
12-11-2011, 02:24 AM
i don't see the issue. you acted like a punk by kicking over the bar stool so you got treated like a punk. if you don't want to be treated like a punk then grow up and control yourself.