PDA

View Full Version : How serious is Pouncey injury?

Fire Arians
12-09-2011, 11:03 AM
Headlines are all about Ben and James Harrison's hit, but I want to know how bad is pouncey's injury? If Chris Kemo is a starter for any stretch of this season that's not good.

Buddha Bus
12-09-2011, 11:05 AM
Headlines are all about Ben and James Harrison's hit, but I want to know how bad is pouncey's injury? If Chris Kemo is a starter for any stretch of this season that's not good.

No doubt. I think he just got called for holding AGAIN! :doh: :sofunny:

FanSince72
12-09-2011, 11:13 AM
A high ankle sprain for a center is a killer.

Under ideal circumstances that's an injury that normally takes weeks, if not months to fully heal, so for a center who needs to be able to push off that leg to be effective, it's probably the worst injury he could have.

BTW, the word "sprain" is just another way to say "tear" and that means that there is torn tissue involved and anything that's torn needs a lot of time to properly heal.
Ben's sprain isn't as devastating because it's on his non-plant foot but it still hurts and will definitely affect his mobility, but it probably won't keep him out.

But the same injury to a center?

Fuhggetaboutit!

Fire Arians
12-09-2011, 11:28 AM
A high ankle sprain for a center is a killer.

Under ideal circumstances that's an injury that normally takes weeks, if not months to fully heal, so for a center who needs to be able to push off that leg to be effective, it's probably the worst injury he could have.

BTW, the word "sprain" is just another way to say "tear" and that means that there is torn tissue involved and anything that's torn needs a lot of time to properly heal.
Ben's sprain isn't as devastating because it's on his non-plant foot but it still hurts and will definitely affect his mobility, but it probably won't keep him out.

But the same injury to a center?

Fuhggetaboutit!

well that just sucks. i know legursky can play center but chris "the drive killer" kemoeatu at LG is gonna lose us a game or 2. can essex play LG?

Fire Arians
12-09-2011, 11:55 AM
ramon foster at LG, essex at RG maybe?

theplatypus
12-09-2011, 11:59 AM
We don't even have an update from the team and some of you already have him dead and buried.

Fire Arians
12-09-2011, 12:00 PM
We don't even have an update from the team and some of you already have him dead and buried.

not that, i'm more like, officially off the chris kemo bandwagon. anything to keep that ass hole off the field

PhantomJB93
12-09-2011, 01:01 PM
I never thought Id say this, but at this point I would MUCH rather see Essex starting inside than Kemo if Pouncey is out for any stretch of time. Although neither is even close to being a half decent option at guard...