PDA

View Full Version : Minor league baseball

clevestinks
05-25-2005, 05:56 PM
I went to my first minor league game today. In Akron Ohio. The Akron Aeros vs.Erie Sea Wolves. Great little stadium , right in the middle of downtown great atmosphere. But still a players paid high school game. It was for my daughters field trip, 10:35 a.m. game. so only a half day of work for me. Probably wouldn`t go again, or maybe next time a AAA game instead of a AA. Has anyone else gone to one, and what was your exp.?

BlitzburghRockCity
05-25-2005, 06:03 PM
Harrisburg senators are huge in this area, they play out on city island, in the middle of the susquehanna river, so its kinda cool to go see them now and then.. my area,york, is getting a minor league team here very soon, so it should help boost the economy and give baseball fans something to cheer for alittle closer to home.

clevestinks
05-25-2005, 06:14 PM
Actually Akron was over an hour drive for us, there is a closer team the Lake County captians but thier only A team

Ironman
05-25-2005, 08:15 PM
I go see the Durham Bulls all the time. AAA for the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. Most are major league caliber youngsters... some old guys hanging on... the occasional Major Leaguer on a rehab assignment. Still the best value in sports.

ironcitychef
05-25-2005, 10:21 PM
Went to plenty. If you just like baseball, it is a better bargain to go catch 20 plus games in the minors. Mainly I saw in VA - Prince William Keys(Yankees?), then saw Bulls and Generals in NC. Something magical about summer nights in the Carolina leagues that I never really got anywhere else. Now I see the Braves (MLB Sp. Tr.) and used to Orlando Rays at Disney. Best stadium I have been in though.

http://www.ballparkwatch.com/images/cracker_jack_3.JPG