PDA

View Full Version : Herd on holmes.

Big D
06-21-2006, 11:06 AM
Collin cowherd just ripped the steelers for drafting a guy with 3 kids with 3 different women. said there are clear charactor issues

Big D
06-21-2006, 11:09 AM
He also mentioned what happen to plex when he started bitching about personal stats. his exact words.. bye bye!

SteelCityMan786
06-21-2006, 11:21 AM
wouldn't be surprised as much as holmes wants a deal he ain't gettin one unless he shapes up.

Big D
06-21-2006, 11:27 AM
as I had said before we could trade his rights somewhere. What about this. What if the steelers trade the rights to holmes to the patriots for holdout wr deion branch

section514
06-21-2006, 11:28 AM
i say we sign a one year deal, that way we are not stuck with him if he turns out to be a flop. and if he is good, we sign him to a longer contract at the end of the season. and put a clause in his contract about being arrested.

tony hipchest
06-21-2006, 11:34 AM
as I had said before we could trade his rights somewhere. What about this. What if the steelers trade the rights to holmes to the patriots for holdout wr deion branchtrade a cheap 1st rounder for a holdout who is wanting hines ward or reggie wayne $$$? wont happen. holmes will be a steeler and for longer than a year.

Big D
06-21-2006, 11:36 AM
trade a cheap 1st rounder for a holdout who is wanting hines ward or reggie wayne $$$? wont happen. holmes will be a steeler and for longer than a year.
i'm not saying lets do it!! i was looking for opinions. There are other mid tier wr we could trade his rights for too

Livinginthe past
06-21-2006, 11:39 AM
as I had said before we could trade his rights somewhere. What about this. What if the steelers trade the rights to holmes to the patriots for holdout wr deion branch

How many extra draft picks you going to trade us?

A Superbowl MVP in return for a rookie who hasn't played a down in pro football and who has a habit of being arrested?

NM

Big D
06-21-2006, 11:43 AM

A Superbowl MVP in return for a rookie who hasn't played a down in pro football and who has a habit of being arrested?

NM
you dont even know if branch will ever play a down in a pats uniform anyways. If they didnt want to spend 3 million a year on vinateri or resign mcginnest what makes you think they are going to give a max contract for branch

section514
06-21-2006, 11:46 AM
im sorry but branch will not wear a black and golduniform either... give santonio a chance...the rooney's aren't stupid

Big D
06-21-2006, 11:55 AM
im sorry but branch will not wear a black and golduniform either... give santonio a chance...the rooney's aren't stupid
I'm not saying the rooneys are stupid at all. But we as steeler fans have been extreamly spoiled the past few years with picks like ben,troy,hampton and miller. dont forget we have had drafted tim woorley and plexico burress

Livinginthe past
06-21-2006, 11:58 AM
you dont even know if branch will ever play a down in a pats uniform anyways. If they didnt want to spend 3 million a year on vinateri or resign mcginnest what makes you think they are going to give a max contract for branch

Thats true - I dont know if he will play another down in a Pats uni.

They didn't re-sign Mcginest and Vinatieri because they were too old and on the down swing of their careers - this wouldn't be the case with Branch.

Also, the fact that they didn't sign those two could mean they were trying to keep some salary cap room to re-sign Branch.

NM

Big D
06-21-2006, 12:00 PM
Thats true - I dont know if he will play another down in a Pats uni.

They didn't re-sign Mcginest and Vinatieri because they were too old and on the down swing of their careers - this wouldn't be the case with Branch.

Also, the fact that they didn't sign those two could mean they were trying to keep some salary cap room to re-sign Branch.

NM
are you serious!!! vinateri is hardly on the down swing of his career

SteelersMongol
06-21-2006, 12:45 PM

I'm open to either ways. LOL. :smile: But like you guys said, if we're signing Holmes, we should give him a year or two chance to shape up. Any man deserves a chance or two in his life.

Big D
06-21-2006, 12:49 PM
I'm open to either ways. LOL. :smile: But like you guys said, if we're signing Holmes, we should give him a year or two chance to shape up. Any man deserves a chance or two in his life.
my only point is what if during these couple years he screws his credibility even more and we get zero value out of him. Guess its the chance the steelers will have to take

Livinginthe past
06-21-2006, 02:01 PM
are you serious!!! vinateri is hardly on the down swing of his career

Well, if you say so.

Im going to stick with the Patriots management on this one - the recruited a younger guy and let a great kicker go for a reason - i think part of it must be his age.

NM

HometownGal
06-21-2006, 02:13 PM
i say we sign a one year deal, that way we are not stuck with him if he turns out to be a flop. and if he is good, we sign him to a longer contract at the end of the season. and put a clause in his contract about being arrested.

I agree. Give him a one-year shot and see what he can do. If he continues to prefer prison orange to black and gold, it's adios amigo.

Big D
06-21-2006, 03:10 PM
I agree. Give him a one-year shot and see what he can do. If he continues to prefer prison orange to black and gold, it's adios amigo.
doesnt prison orange look alot like the orange in the bengals uniform?

Big D
06-21-2006, 03:20 PM
Well, if you say so.

Im going to stick with the Patriots management on this one - the recruited a younger guy and let a great kicker go for a reason - i think part of it must be his age.

NM
I have never heard the reason for them letting him go was because of his age they didnt want to pay him

SteelCityMan786
06-21-2006, 03:20 PM

NM

He's not as bad as Chris "I have a millions of dollars in fines" Henry.

Ohio Steeler
06-21-2006, 03:46 PM
Holmes will be ok he is young and 1 year under Ward's wing will be all he needs

Big D
06-21-2006, 03:47 PM
Holmes will be ok he is young and 1 year under Ward's wing will be all he needs
that would be nice since it didnt work out so well for plex though

Ambridge
06-21-2006, 03:49 PM
Whether Cowherd is right or not about Holmes, his take and opinion is about as important as those idiots on Cold Pizza.

section514
06-21-2006, 04:20 PM
Whether Cowherd is right or not about Holmes, his take and opinion is about as important as those idiots on Cold Pizza.
dont get me startd on skip bayless.....skip-->:boxing:<---me

Big D
06-21-2006, 04:55 PM
dont get me startd on skip bayless.....skip-->:boxing:<---me
or woody paige. wheres that picture of your girl section come on here share to your steeler brothers

BigSteelThrill
06-21-2006, 05:04 PM
You mean he had a heated argument with his siginificant other? Oh My!

You mean he got busted for jaywalking and backtalking an officer who addressed him about being in the street? Oh My!

Laughable. Im not saying this arent mistakes, but they mean very little.

Big D
06-21-2006, 05:05 PM

You mean he got busted for jaywalking and backtalking an officer who addressed him about being in the street? Oh My!

in regards to the incident in florida. I hear cops out there have the tendancy to falsly arrest high profile black athletes

Steel12
06-21-2006, 05:18 PM
in regards to the incident in florida. I hear cops out there have the tendancy to falsly arrest high profile black athletes

I heard that same thing...I'm just glad he didn't get beat up by the cops...I hear they do that too.

83-Steelers-43
06-21-2006, 05:29 PM

As I've stated in another thread, the DC charge is minor and I looked past that incident. At the same time I was thinking to myself "That's strike one. Let that be it.". As for the police down in Miami. They are told to crack down during that specific event. It's Miami's mardi gras. I would expect and hope that they would be a little more stern during such an event. In my opinion, if Holmes kept his mouth shut and did as he was told, that arrest probably would not have occured. Just my opinion.

This most recent incident (if it occured) is more serious. Domestic violence is not jaywalking or talking back to a cop. This is a serious crime. Going by the police report, it was not simply a "heated argument with his significant other".

Eitherway, this kid has to grow up. Whether he commited the crime or not, he needs to realize he can't put himself in situations such as these. I'm sure the Rooney's and Cowher are not taking these past situations very lightly nor should they. Cowher needs to put his foot down and explain to this kid that this is not how it works in this organization.

BigSteelThrill
06-21-2006, 06:26 PM
Bro, Ive seen countless (and I mean countless) fights between lovers. So many, that it is frequently the norm and not the exception.

A crime, indeed. Any confrontation and/or fights can be criminal. It is likely that that both of them will grow up and continue to have these conflicts for the next 40 years. Growing up may make zero difference on the matter.

Santonio4
06-21-2006, 06:57 PM
everyone in this forum is so hostile. i like it.

83-Steelers-43
06-21-2006, 09:15 PM
Bro, Ive seen countless (and I mean countless) fights between lovers. So many, that it is frequently the norm and not the exception.

A crime, indeed. Any confrontation and/or fights can be criminal. It is likely that that both of them will grow up and continue to have these conflicts for the next 40 years. Growing up may make zero difference on the matter.

Right...........and as long as he puts his hands on a woman he will continue to be arrested. That's the point we seem to be missing here. That will go over real well with the Rooney's I'm sure. :rolleyes:

The "norm" changes when it turns from verbal to physical. Little bit of a difference there. He better start growing up and he better grow up fast or do not expect him to be sporting a Steeler jersey for very long. A "heated argument" is one thing..........putting your hands on a woman is totally different. He better get his act together.

83-Steelers-43
06-21-2006, 09:25 PM
everyone in this forum is so hostile. i like it.

You can count me out. I really don't recall being hostile.

SteelCzar76
06-22-2006, 06:23 PM
Santonio will get his ish together,...he just needs to focus on football and nothing else. The thing in Miami was waaaaaay overated. This most recent issue seems to be just "emotional woman drama". That said,.. he should have learned that he shouldn"t even put himself in positions to have his namesake comprimised. We all have made mistakes so i refuse to pass judement. But i don't believe this dude is on some Gangsta ish,..he's just immature.

"Hail Caesar,.....hail the the Steel"

SteelerFanInCA
06-22-2006, 06:27 PM
Yeah, I think it's a definite age thing as well. Hopefully with time he will mature.

Haiku_Dirtt
06-23-2006, 12:49 AM
trade a cheap 1st rounder for a holdout who is wanting hines ward or reggie wayne $$$? wont happen. holmes will be a steeler and for longer than a year.

Agree. We are down the road and there is no turning back and no trade. This kid will either take his marching orders like a man or cool his heels at the end of the bench...as a martyr. And with a lot less green in his jeans.

And then the Rainbow Coalition might "take his case" but since the Rooney's have a spine Jesse will have to find some other shakedown to press.

What I hope and pray for Santonio is that Hines, Casey, Joey (even Duce) and whomever else might get inside his head to show this kid the light.

Haiku_Dirtt
06-23-2006, 12:52 AM
You can count me out. I really don't recall being hostile.

There is a difference between being hostile and being passionate. Violence rarely makes a bad thang good.

Steel Pit
06-23-2006, 01:33 AM
Yes let's all give Holmes a chance, and another, and another, and another, and another, and another, and another, and another, and eventually let's give him just one more chance. We all make mistakes. I mean look at the Steelers roster, they've all made a few mistakes and found themselves being arrested TWICE in a 2 month time span. H e l l
I've heard that Jeff Hartings and James Farrior beat on their wives at least once a week.
Give me a break!

Yes Holmes has potential. Pontential to become a pretty bad criminal.

SteelCzar76
06-23-2006, 05:36 PM
Steel Pit,
Nobody is saying that "It's okay to hit a woman",...that's p#ssy. What i think some of us are trying to state is,...you REALLY don't know what happened exactly. The only people that do are Santonio and the young woman involved. I'ts not a matter of justifying dude's actions either way,...it's a matter of having credible and or concrete knowledge of the situation to do so.

"Hail Caesar,..Hail the Black and Gold"

SteelProven
06-23-2006, 09:38 PM
S. Holmes has made some mistakes but I'm not ready to send him up shhhh creek just yet. About him getting a one year deal I don't think that's going to happen. He will get a incentive laden contract though. Which will good for him and the organization.

nicesteel4life
06-23-2006, 11:44 PM
To many are taking one side of the story and running with it. Please your all gonna tell me that a woman or a man hasent STREEEEEEEEEEETCHED the truth. Like I said before, if he hit her he was wrong! Period. If he learned by it great! But he was at least smart enough to see his child on Fathers day! For that I give him a HIGH 5.

83-Steelers-43
06-23-2006, 11:46 PM
Well, here's to hoping he stays Santonio Holmes and not San Quentin Holmes.

Santonio4
06-24-2006, 12:06 AM
Hopefully he has learned a lesson from all of this and he doesn't do anything else stupid.

clevestinks
06-24-2006, 01:21 PM
This is worth more than just a thought! I like it, but they both need inked forst!