PDA

View Full Version : A little Q & A!

Steelersfan
05-26-2005, 02:00 AM
Hello all you Steeler fans! This is just a thread that is for fun and to get peoples opinions.
Basically, I'll start by asking a question. Someone else can answer it and then ask there own, etc. I posted this in the NFL section so we can ask any NFL question. Have fun and I hope you all enjoy it! Please only post your answer and then your question. This will keep thread going smooth.

The patriots will repeat as SB champs this year?

clevestinks
05-26-2005, 05:13 AM
The patriots will repeat as SB champs this year?

Huh! No,no, no. There is only one Superbowl winner a year, we will win the Lombardi this year. It is Detroit or bust. The Pats had thier run. It was a good one, buts its OVER. There is a new sherriff in town , The Pittsburgh Steelers.

My question?

Will big Ben be the Steelers MVP this year?

bigbensgirl7
05-26-2005, 09:23 AM
I say "yes" but he will have a lot of competition this year. However, if he has the season I'm predicting, he will lead us to the promise land...I see nothing less than the SB ring this year.

My ?

We know who is going to be representing the AFC in the SB...but who will we be playing agaisnt when we go to Detroit???

(this is a pretty cool thread...good thinking Steelersfan :cool:

ironcitychef
05-26-2005, 10:33 AM
Due to overall talent still left and the fact that some trendy teams still might only win 5 out of 10 against them, I still give the nod to the Eagles. They are like Buffalo a few years ago. You gotta like your odds with them getting pretty far. Also can't choose Detroit cause no one has played in their home stadium. All PA battle for the Lombardi!

What about the down side? Which playoff team from last year will not make it back to post sesaon play and why?

RoethlisBURGHer
05-26-2005, 12:15 PM
The Broncos won't make the playoffs.They are too inconsistant and you have the fact that they have to compete with KC and oakland for a WC sport,plus other teams froma round the league (Chargers win the West).

BlitzburghRockCity
05-26-2005, 05:22 PM
u didnt ask the next question Roth.. but thats ok, I'll continue with one..

Who will be the Steelers leading rusher this season ?

JerseySTEEL
05-26-2005, 05:57 PM
Duce
1,350 yards 7 td's.. hehe

Who will be the starting Cb's? will Mcfadden jump to a starting job?

ironcitychef
05-26-2005, 07:34 PM
Deshea and Ricardo. McFadden gets playing time, but we want him to just be like Troy in his first year. Fly around and make hits...ahem I mean "plays"
:injured:

Who will be the surprise player in training camp and who will be the surprise roster cut?

Ironman
05-26-2005, 07:35 PM
Townsend and Williams will start at the beginning of the year. McFadden is 1 year away.

Which draft picks will not make the team?

Damn, Ironcitychef... we postedat the same time :)

Ironman
05-26-2005, 07:42 PM
Surprise player: Zamir Cobb
Surprise cut: Lee Mays

Which draft picks won't make the team?

ironcitychef
05-27-2005, 11:56 AM
Noah just cause the backfield is the most crowded spot on our roster.

Over/under time!!!!!!
Will the Steelers have:
a QB throw over 2500 yards
a RB rush for 1100 yards
a WR catch 75 passes
a player with 8 sacks

clevestinks
05-27-2005, 12:38 PM
Yes, should,Yes, and Yes. Big Ben will throw 2500+ Duce should run for 1100 but we do have a crowded backfield. Yes Hines will get 85, and yes Porter will step up this year.

What record will we end up with in the AFCN? Only against AFCN Teams?

Ironman
05-27-2005, 04:03 PM
5-1, with a loss to our hated Ravens, I fear.

Over/Under:

Heath Miller 7 touchdowns

steelrr23
05-27-2005, 04:06 PM
i'll ask the next question, who is the most hated team in the nfl?

clevestinks
05-27-2005, 04:41 PM
Steelrr You have to answer the last question first! :o

Steelersfan
05-27-2005, 10:31 PM
Over/Under on Miller I'd say will be under. Barely (was thinking 5-6)

I'll ask steelrr's question for him.

Who is the most hated team in the NFL?

BlitzburghRockCity
05-27-2005, 11:08 PM
The ratbirds, hands down, no question... then next up is the clowns, the bungals, and the cowboys.

who will be out starting 4 DB's this season when the season starts?

JerseySTEEL
05-28-2005, 01:06 AM
OUT? or OUR

if our

1.Troy
2.Stuvaints" hes coming on strong in camp so far and looks like he might steal the job"
3.Deshea
2.Colclough

Can Starks start at RT ? can 2 of our WR's break a 1000 yards this year?

Steelersfan
05-28-2005, 01:58 AM
That's 2 questions Jersey. I'll answer the first. Yes, he can. I think with some time Starks will be a good tackle.

I'll ask your other question.

can 2 of our WR's break a 1000 yards this year?

clevestinks
05-28-2005, 06:10 AM
Can two of our receivers break 1000`s yards this year?

I hope not, and probably not. I think if two go over 1000 yards then we did not spread the ball around well enough. Ward, Wilson, El, Miller, Gibson, Cobb, Out of the backfield Haynes, Bettis , Staley, Parker. To be a great team I think we should spread the ball around more.

Question: Who will be our next first time pro bowler?

AllAmericanSteelerGirl#7
05-28-2005, 11:08 AM
I am going to say Ben Roethlisberger. I think he should have been in the Pro Bowl last year instead of Drew Brees. But I definetely think Ben is going to the Pro Bowl this year!

Question: Who is your favorite team besides the Steelers and why?

bigbensgirl7
05-28-2005, 11:21 AM
Don't have one...the only time I will root for another team, is if it benefits the Steelers!!!

Question: Where do you think our offense will rank this year??? In the ACF and NFL???

ironcitychef
05-28-2005, 11:31 PM
12th(2nd in rushing,15th in Passing) not sure if that math works out. Thats for the NFL, just figure some team with one rushing back will out do us. For the AFC will be 7th(1st in rushing, 10th in passing) The key for us will be TD's not FG's

Can the Steelers D set any NFL records this year and which one is most likely?

BlitzburghRockCity
05-29-2005, 12:12 AM
we're always right near the top in sacks, but not sure if we'd actually break that record though, we also create alot of turnovers, so thats a possibility too.. depends on if you mean a team record or an NFL record.

Which rookie will have the biggest impact for the Steelers this season?

clevestinks
05-29-2005, 05:49 AM
McFadden! At least I hop so, we really need to upgrade at corner antway, so if he shows up and plays like he capable of, we will be a better football team and he will be our rookie MVP. By our defense getting a ton of pressure on oppossing qbs this should make him alot more effective, I hope he realizes how forunate he is.

I would also like to see Heath work out well, I`m just not totally sold that we will use him properly???

Q? What Steelers veteran do you see possibly getting cut in August?

BlitzburghRockCity
05-29-2005, 09:33 AM
Unfortunately Mike Logan could be very close to getting cut...there's alot of youth in the secondary and he may end up coming out on the short end of the deal. Personally I'd like to think he'll stay and help be a leader for the safeties and he's a great ST player.. but u just never know.

If their is 1 number worthy of being retired by the Steelers.. never to be worn again.. which one would it be ?

Ironman
05-29-2005, 12:24 PM
12 - No explanation required.

Over/Under for Big Ben.

20 Touchdowns
15 INTs

SteelersFever
05-29-2005, 01:12 PM
More than 20 TD's. With the speed and agility of our Wide Receivers and an outstanding mobile Quarterback behind the helm it's going to be like slicing a warm knife through soft butter.

Fewer than 15 INT's. Big Ben has evolved from his proverbial rookie season and with that comes a better understanding of defensive schemes. He only threw 11 last year! :D

Who will be the next Steeler inducted into the HOF?

Steelersfan
05-30-2005, 10:09 AM
I'd have to say Rod Woodson. I sure hope he goes in a Steeler.

Who will win the AFC West?

ironcitychef
05-30-2005, 11:33 AM
Oakland as upset pick. Too many teams focused on stopping running games and Moss jumps into a weak CB division.:twocents:

Cowher will leave as Steelers all-time winningest coach(# of victories not %)?

BlitzburghRockCity
05-30-2005, 07:49 PM
I believe you are asking if he will leave as the leader in all time victories.. I'd say he most likely will. The Rooneys' love affair w/ cowher is unwavering and he doesnt appear to be going anywhere anytime soon.

Best Steelers WR of all time (past or present) ?

JerseySTEEL
05-30-2005, 08:35 PM
Best Steeler WR Swann !

Biggest Bust out of rookies in the 06' season ?

ironcitychef
05-31-2005, 01:22 AM
I say Alex Smith. #1, no help, will only put up D. Carr numbers at first. Call it bust or just too much expected.

Time Out: What is your favorite tailgate food item?:chef:

JerseySTEEL
05-31-2005, 01:34 PM
I was gonna say Beer but u have food item hehe...

So for food i say Steak in a marinade .

Who will be the leading rusher in 06'?

clevestinks
05-31-2005, 03:11 PM
Jersey I hope you meant our leading rusher? That would be Duce!

Who will have more catches this year, Plax, or Hines Ward?

Ironman
05-31-2005, 06:04 PM
I'm going to say Plax... only because the Giants will play more from behind and they won't have the running game the Steelers have... I mean, really... will Tiki Barber have a season like last year again?

Do any of the Steelers' undrafted free agents make the team?

Extra credit: Which one(s)?

ironcitychef
06-01-2005, 11:43 AM
Want to support the local kid - Univ. Central Florida WR Travaris Capers, but I'd say a better bet is Wisconsin OT Morgan Davis. Big 6-6 330? Plus we are not too deep on the line.

Who scores the Steelers first regular season TD?

radaz52
06-01-2005, 12:04 PM
#36. He didn't come back to sit on the bench. He will be the first to score in the regular season.

Question:

What is everyones favorite liquid to drink during steelers games?

JerseySTEEL
06-01-2005, 05:53 PM
i Woulda said steelers leading rusher. anway u asked that alrdy, i meant in the nfl.

So who will lead the nfl in rushing?

clevestinks
06-01-2005, 06:00 PM
Question:

What is everyones favorite liquid to drink during steelers games?[/QUOTE]

Answer
Rolling Rock or water! Big difference I know. Depends on time and mood.

Question:

After favorite drink, how about favorite gameday, and or tailgate food?

ironcitychef
06-01-2005, 08:48 PM
Time Out: What is your favorite tailgate food item?:chef:
From JS :
I was gonna say Beer but u have food item hehe...
So for food i say Steak in a marinade.
Who will be the first member to repeat a question?:busted:

Seriously,
I love burgers on game days. Gotta have in hand food, the other is for the beer, and someone is always throwing a ball around.:juggle:

Fact or Fiction: The Steelers could survive if revenue is not shared equally.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-01-2005, 09:23 PM
Thats a tuffy, yes we are considered a small market team by the standards of the NFL, however Steeler gear is always near the top in sales all over the world, so it's a tough call. I'd say it would ALOT tougher to be competitive, but not impossible.

If cowher were suddenly not the head coach anymore, who on the Steelers staff currently would you want to take over.

Steelersfan
06-02-2005, 07:31 AM
Either Grimm or LeBeau. I like both of them.

Who will be the most improved team in the nfl this year?

Volpe1564
06-02-2005, 12:19 PM
Question:

What is everyones favorite liquid to drink during steelers games?

Chimey (Belgium Beer)
or some Molson Eh?

ironcitychef
06-02-2005, 03:00 PM
Rolling Rock of course.

Watch for repeats guys. This thread is like the old Simon game. Four flashing lights looks easy at first, but then it speeds up and catches a few sleeping. No harm of course just wanted to keep this fun thread interesting. Back to business...

Over/Under: The Steelers will have 16 rushing touchdowns this season?

clevestinks
06-02-2005, 06:40 PM
Over/ Bettis 11. Duce 5, Parker 2, Ben 2, FB 2

Question? Lambert or LLyodd? Who do you like better?

BlitzburghRockCity
06-02-2005, 08:20 PM
Man, how can u choose between those 2. The 2 meaniest, nastiest, most intimidating LB's in Steeler history, and u can make a case for them being right near the top all time in the NFL for the nastiest players. I love them both. If I had to choose though, hhhmm, wow, I dont know.. The image of Lambert taking it to bernie kosar or in the first dallas super bowl we played them in are both big time reasons to choose lambert.. but I can remember going to games and just watching lloyd sit in the middle of the field during warmups before the game, just staring down the opponents.

I'd go w/ lloyd, but its so close its not even funny.

Should we experiment more w/the 4-3 defense, or just stick w/ the 3-4 zone blitz scheme. And yes I know we run a variety of packages and looks that does include 4 down lineman at times.

ironcitychef
06-02-2005, 11:55 PM
Glad I get to answer this cause I can bang a take as well. Just like more colleges are starting to use a pro style offense, you will see more college teams adapt to some 3-4 schemes to groom those tweener DE's instead of letting them just spend 3-4 years in a position not entirely meant for them. And much like Stockton and Malone executing the pick and roll, when you are the best at doing it, it never goes out of style.

3-4 all the way!

Should the preseason be shorter? How many games are enough? 1, 2, 3, or 4?

BlitzburghRockCity
06-03-2005, 06:10 PM
I definately think 5 is too many, and I wouldnt mind seeing it shortned to 3 games. Coaches will argue that they need 4 games to make the best decisions they can for the makeup of what will be their team for the coming season. but by the last game, the starters are generally taken out w/ in the first few series anyways, and if you dont know who's doing what by the 4th game, there's something wrong, IMO.

The Steelers have the only female trainer in the NFL, do you think there should be more of them and will there be more of them in the future. ?

ironcitychef
06-04-2005, 12:12 AM
If you have a female reporter in the locker room doing interviews at one time, then you should be allowed to have female trainers[Notes restraint to mention Pats poor response to females in locker rooms]. Yes there should be more cause they are just as knowledgeble as the men. Point of emphasis. Most times(and if you read the physics of football thread)you go to see the trainer you did something and might not even remember who was working on you. So does it really matter? Yes I think we will see more. Besides, if we only have one right now, it might be difficult to see less.

Does Dick Hoak deserve to go into the Hall?

clevestinks
06-05-2005, 08:16 AM
Most definitley! There has to be some category for someone whos has spents as may years, and games with the same team. His record is amazing! Yes, Yes , Yes. I`m glad someone ackknowledged Hoak.

Question? Be honest men! Will you shed a tear, when we win the Superbowl this year?

Ironman
06-05-2005, 09:53 AM
Yes... I will cry like a little, little girl. I will shed tears and cash... as I buy everyone in the bar a round!

What NFL team will be the first to be out of the 2005 play-offs... mathematically?

ironcitychef
06-05-2005, 10:28 AM
San Fran. They still don't have much and it doesn't sound like Smith is in a hurry to get out on the field.

Who will be the first team to clinch a playoff spot? Which week?

BlitzburghRockCity
06-05-2005, 10:30 AM
Let me also answer if that one too.. I will definately shed more than 1 tear when we win our 1 for the thumb.. there's not doubt and no shame either.

now onto ironmans question..

Im gonna go w/ san fransisco, that team needs so much help all over the place, and w/a rookie QB coming in, he's got ZERO chance to have a year like Big Ben had, and more of a chance to have a year like Eli Manning had..

Do you think the Steelers should have their logo on both sides of their helmets or leave it as is because of the tradition?

Ironman
06-05-2005, 12:11 PM
I like the one-sided logo... but I would love to see them go way back... put the numbers on the sides of the helmets. As for two-sided... no.

http://img106.echo.cx/img106/7972/steelers59617sc.gif

Taking away the Super Bowl rings... would you rather have the Bus or Franco carrying the ball?

JerseySTEEL
06-05-2005, 05:02 PM
wow thats a hard one iron, i love them both but i will have to side with FrancO.

let me try my question again.

Who will lead the NFL in Rushing this year?

BlitzburghRockCity
06-05-2005, 09:27 PM
Ricky Williams ... ok, never mind that.. Im gonna say either Tomlinson or Holmes.. provided they both stay healthy, they can rack up the yards as well as anybody.

If you could replace 1 current STeelers starter w/ a starter from another team, who would it be?

ironcitychef
06-08-2005, 12:10 AM
Julius Peppers or Dwight Freeney at DE. Ilove our guys, but having a pure stud at the corner rush would be a great improvement.

Randle El is coming up on Free Agency. What kinda numbers does he need to stay on the team and not end up like K. Bell? Great talent but not worth long term money?

JerseySTEEL
06-08-2005, 12:56 AM
Well the stats EL have put up as a slot Wr are great, but to stay at a num 2 spot he has to prove he can be a Td threat. yards i dont see as a big factor.since we have a num 1 in ward that puts up 1,000 yards a year. we rly need some one to take some heat off ward and open up the field.

http://sportserver.nandomedia.com/ips_rich_content/559-steelers.jpg
Stats: 74:Rec 982:Yards 8:TD's 11.5:Avg

just modest numbers.but if he does this next year he'll be staying.

How many Td's will Bettis put up this year?

ironcitychef
06-08-2005, 11:31 PM
No takers huh? Okay I'll bite...6 cause Duce stays healthy.

Which member will make the 8,000 post? Just noticed this nugget at the bottom and wanted people to watch our site continue to grow.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-09-2005, 12:08 AM
Me Me, I wanna do it :D

Who was the very first member to sign up on SF, other than Mike, so actually that would be the 2nd one to sign up ?

ironcitychef
06-09-2005, 04:13 PM
:mg: Gonna have to say either BlackNGold or PairofJacks(8-17-2004) as far as I can tell. Need some help to pick one though? How do you get to see the member number? Does that count as my question?

BlitzburghRockCity
06-09-2005, 08:41 PM
You cant actually see the member number on the memberlist, so it would take alot of searching.. yeah that counted as ur question ;) my turn..

If you had to pick 1 player that we drafted in 2005, on day 2, to make the team and make an impact this year, who would it be?

ironcitychef
06-10-2005, 11:55 AM
While I think Gibson could put up numbers to deserve the nod here, I'm going to say Chris K. will be more of a factor as he will give some breaks to our line and because little nicks always happen, he will be able to plug a hole every now and then. So I choose security over stats.

What part of Heinz field do you enjoy watching games from?