PDA

View Full Version : Pouncey and Ben expect to play Monday

Fire Arians
12-12-2011, 01:49 PM
For what it's worth, both seem optimistic about playing monday night.

Thank god it seems Pouncey's injury isn't nearly as severe as the one that took him out of the super bowl.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2011/12/steelers-ben-roethlisberger-maurkice-pouncey-walking-boot-monday/

casteeler
12-12-2011, 01:53 PM
Woohoo!

steelfury02
12-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Woodley has made the same comments only to not come back, or come back too soon

I'll believe it when I see it :)

Go ahead, throw tomatoes

Fire Arians
12-12-2011, 01:57 PM
Woodley has made the same comments only to not come back, or come back too soon

I'll believe it when I see it :)

Go ahead, throw tomatoes

i think he could have come back sooner, but the team isn't as quick to rush him in, because worilds has been playing good in his place.

same with emmanuel sanders, them holding him out of games is more a precaution than anything.

PhantomJB93
12-12-2011, 02:30 PM
IDK, I think Id rather see Pouncey rest. Ben we know can tough it out. But I think Id rather see Pouncey try to heal up first.

Rotorhead
12-12-2011, 02:56 PM
If the ratbirds win sunday, rest Pouncey, if they lose all those precautionary hold outs better be in.

Steelersfan87
12-12-2011, 03:44 PM
If Pouncey doesn't need the rest, he should play. I'd rather he rest up against the Rams and Browns than one of the best defenses in the league.

FanSince72
12-12-2011, 03:50 PM
I believe that Ben will play, but Pouncey?

I'm not so sure.

A high ankle sprain is not something that clears up in a week - especially for a center.
I'd like to see him ready to go but I'd rather have a healthy Legursky (and deal with the Kemo issues) than to have a so-so Pouncey.

Fire Arians
12-12-2011, 03:53 PM
I believe that Ben will play, but Pouncey?

I'm not so sure.

A high ankle sprain is not something that clears up in a week - especially for a center.
I'd like to see him ready to go but I'd rather have a healthy Legursky (and deal with the Kemo issues) than to have a so-so Pouncey.

we won't have to deal with kemo issues, dulac reported that kemo once again got demoted. essex will start at guard if legursky is starting at center

FanSince72
12-12-2011, 04:00 PM
we won't have to deal with kemo issues, dulac reported that kemo once again got demoted. essex will start at guard

OK, that's something anyway.

Of course Essex is no prize either but he's better than Kemo.

And in terms of this thread, Essex replacing Kemo along with Legursky at center isn't so bad and would probably be better than having Pouncey play with a gimpy leg.

I think sitting Pouncey for another week would be best for us as we approach the post-season, especially if we end up being a 5 or 6 seed.

steelfury02
12-12-2011, 04:02 PM
i have one question -

Should they rest Ben's Bougers?

rich4eagle
12-12-2011, 04:10 PM
For what it's worth, both seem optimistic about playing monday night.

Thank god it seems Pouncey's injury isn't nearly as severe as the one that took him out of the super bowl.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2011/12/steelers-ben-roethlisberger-maurkice-pouncey-walking-boot-monday/

Pouncey said he would be ready for the Super Bowl and he wasn't and Ben is Ben if he can walk he will be ready

Bottom line, I think both are doubtful as we speak:tt03:

Steelersfan87
12-12-2011, 04:18 PM
Pouncey said that this ankle injury is not as bad as the one that kept him out of the Super Bowl, and that that previous injury helps him heal quicker this time. I think both have a decent chance of playing. If the stakes were lower, I would think they rest, but the team knows what's on the line.

tanda10506
12-12-2011, 04:29 PM
The ratbirds are notorious for laying eggs, and we have a good chance of winning our last 3. If the rats lose one and we win out we will be the #1 seed, therefore Ben needs to play and he will. I'd like to see Pouncey in because the niners have a good defense, if he can play and take the next game off that would be great. Another injury that I haven't heard much info on yet is Woodley, will he be playing at all after 15 days of rest since his last game? That is a huge concern if the nazi suspends Harrison.

StainlessStill
12-12-2011, 04:34 PM
I'm kind of HATING what people are saying about this rest crap. This is the NFL, heading DEEP into the regular season with playoff seeding on the line. This is what separates the Pittsburgh Steelers from the pack. We are a tough nosed football team with tough nosed players. Yes, we are hurt but the division is still ON THE LINE. We must play and I expect Ben & Pouncey to go full throttle for what it's worth.

HERE WE GO!

bubbletownwr88
12-12-2011, 04:36 PM
Big Ben could be hit with a predator missile on Saturday and he'd still be able to play the next day.

Steelersfan87
12-12-2011, 04:47 PM
The ratbirds are notorious for laying eggs, and we have a good chance of winning our last 3. If the rats lose one and we win out we will be the #1 seed, therefore Ben needs to play and he will. I'd like to see Pouncey in because the niners have a good defense, if he can play and take the next game off that would be great. Another injury that I haven't heard much info on yet is Woodley, will he be playing at all after 15 days of rest since his last game? That is a huge concern if the nazi suspends Harrison.

The Texans actually need to lose too for the Steelers to get the top seed. I wouldn't really be that concerned about playing them with Yates in Houston in the AFC championship game though if it game to that though. Certainly better than playing in Foxborough or Baltimore.

tanda10506
12-12-2011, 05:04 PM
Oh yeah I forgot Houston has to lose one or we would be #2. As you said, I'm not worried about playing them though, weather in Pittsburgh or Houston. I just don't want 3 straight road games against playoff quality teams.

Fire Arians
12-12-2011, 05:42 PM
Big Ben could be hit with a predator missile on Saturday and he'd still be able to play the next day.

:thumbsup:

steelfury02
12-12-2011, 05:52 PM
for the love of god yes, I'd rather see us playing at Houston than Baltimore OR New England.

I have a feeling Rivers is going to get creamed next week and even though they've won two in a row, Rivers is obviously over thinking things out there which I think against Bmore D will cost them.

I do think the Pats are going to lose at Denver next week - just don't think we are going to get ALL the help we need.

If we do, throw all the tomatoes you want - I'll bathe in them because that means we have home field advantage baby

Whodis
12-12-2011, 06:33 PM
Pouncey's said his sprain is not as serious as the sprain before the super bowl.

If Ben can play, I say play him

TRH
12-12-2011, 09:43 PM
Yeah. Pouncey will play. Then he'll get injured. Again.
It's looking like thats the way his career is going to go. I hope i'm wrong, but its surely not looking good.

bornaSteelersfan
12-13-2011, 12:15 AM
The Ravens will lose to The Chargers. Ben will play (as if there is any doubt) as will Pouncy for at least the first half. On the last drive for the 49ers a guy wearing a Fleur-de-lis t-shirt will show up on the sidline blowing a whistle.

Steelerindc
12-13-2011, 09:09 AM
I know that everyone hopes and prays that Ben plays, but I'm concerned about the long term ramifications if he plays on that ankle and hurts it more.

I would like to hear something about what's happening in practice with CB and not just Ben walking around in a boot. What are they doing to prepare for the 49ers besides hoping Ben can play.

What is the chemistry like between Batch and our group of receivers. I would love for a HEALTHY Ben to play, let me know what's going to happen if he doesn't and how does Charlie look, b/c he was awful in relief of Ben on Thursday night.

Rotorhead
12-13-2011, 09:24 AM
NFL network just reported Bens ankle is now a grade 1 sprain, least severe, and is expected to play monday

Steelersfan87
12-13-2011, 03:48 PM
I know that everyone hopes and prays that Ben plays, but I'm concerned about the long term ramifications if he plays on that ankle and hurts it more.

I would like to hear something about what's happening in practice with CB and not just Ben walking around in a boot. What are they doing to prepare for the 49ers besides hoping Ben can play.

What is the chemistry like between Batch and our group of receivers. I would love for a HEALTHY Ben to play, let me know what's going to happen if he doesn't and how does Charlie look, b/c he was awful in relief of Ben on Thursday night.

Batch is going to be getting first team reps until Ben is able to practice, if at all. You can't judge Batch's performance against the Browns as what he's capable of. He had to come off the bench in the middle of a series cold without having taken any reps or prepared to play, and he was the only healthy QB dressed at that point, so he had to play conservatively. Of course he will look better Monday night if he has to play.

BlaZeQuietly
12-14-2011, 03:59 PM
If the Ravens are going to lose it will more than likely be this week against a Chargers team who, we know , is always a force to be reckoned with in the last quarter of the season. I actually see it as a good possibility that the Ravens will lose this weekend, and I am often right about my predictions, I have the gambling victories to back it up :-D. Anyhow, if that does happen I do see the X-factor in the monday night game being whether a relatively healthy Roethlisberger plays. We know the 49ers have a great run defense so we can't rely on the run to heavily.
I would just hate to see big Ben go out there on a swollen ankle and have a linebacker roll over on it or something, then we'll be debating "will roethlisberger be back in time for the playoffs?" I don't think that's a debate ANY of us want to have, unless of course we are ravens fans or something.

BKAnthem
12-14-2011, 11:28 PM
I hope Tomlin sits them both....why risk aggravating it so close to the post season?

Steelersfan87
12-15-2011, 01:07 AM
A potential bye week and home games in the playoffs is the reward for the risk.