PDA

View Full Version : HARRISON SUSPENDED FOR ONE GAME

Whodis
12-13-2011, 09:49 AM
just reported

he is appealing

steelfury02
12-13-2011, 09:53 AM
I figured. They are appealing just to give it due process. The suspension will be upheld.

Whodis
12-13-2011, 10:01 AM
can he play during the appeal?

desertsteel
12-13-2011, 10:02 AM
We'll be fine. Hopefully Woodley can return.

skinart82
12-13-2011, 10:04 AM
This is just disgusting! The owners need to step up and get rid of this idiot in charge. I'm really tired of this shit!

steelfury02
12-13-2011, 10:04 AM
the appeal means nothing - the league will answer the appeal very quickly - he won't be playing the Niners

theplatypus
12-13-2011, 10:06 AM
****ing pathetic

steelfury02
12-13-2011, 10:11 AM
take a deep breath - because now the flood gates have have officially opened on suspensions

Suh's was an obvious choice

Now we have a suspension because of a split second decision by a defender. Harrison made a call based on him running, and then because he is sitll a QB, it didn't matter

This will almost not def be the last time Harrison or another Steeler for that matter will be suspended. Now refs are going to be looking for ways to force the roughing the passer and/or helmet call

EDIT: More so than they already have. Harrison and his style of play is the way of the dinosaurs in the league's eyes - mark my words, this is the tip of the iceberg. Someone, this year, is going to be out of a playoff game OR will purposefully not go after a QB/RB/WR because they don't want to be suspended

R.I.P. NFL

LayingTheWoodley56
12-13-2011, 10:19 AM
Why don't they just give the quarterbacks pink jerseys and wrap them in bubble wrap? This is just another step in watering down the physical play that makes the NFL great and no matter what anyone says this hit was a vicious hit worthy of a penalty, possibly a fine and nothing more. I have thought for a while that the two hits against the Browns last year were not worth half the fuss they recieved, and the hit that they fined him for on Brees was completely ridiculous. Now they suspend him for a big game like this!? Goodell has to go and he has to go now. This is BS. Put flags on em ROGER!

FanSince72
12-13-2011, 10:21 AM
Sorry but I just don't see where that particular hit warrants a one game - or ANY game suspension. I watched a lot of football this past weekend and I saw plenty of hits that were far worse than his and many for which not even a flag was thrown.

I know that he has a reputation and all that but if a questionable hit is supposed to be judged on its merit, I'd say James' hit was borderline at best and may have warranted a fine but that's it. A borderline hit cannot be made more severe just because it was Harrison doing the hitting.

At least it wasn't two games because if it was then the NFL would be saying that James' hit was as bad as Suh's assault and that would have probably resulted in death threats against Goodell.

As far as San Fran is concerned, I think we'll be OK without Harrison, especially since we didn't have him for a few games already this year and we survived.

But still...

BIGNASTY91
12-13-2011, 10:23 AM
Complete BS :banging::banging::banging::banging: The Steelers organization needs to stand behind him and fight this hard. Turn it around and show everybody that R.G. is the death of football as we know it. He has shown NO consitency in his punishments!!If they dont speak up on this suspension i will be very dissapointed in them!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

:fingers: you Goodell.

FanSince72
12-13-2011, 10:24 AM
take a deep breath - because now the flood gates have have officially opened on suspensions

Suh's was an obvious choice

Now we have a suspension because of a split second decision by a defender. Harrison made a call based on him running, and then because he is sitll a QB, it didn't matter

This will almost not def be the last time Harrison or another Steeler for that matter will be suspended. Now refs are going to be looking for ways to force the roughing the passer and/or helmet call

EDIT: More so than they already have. Harrison and his style of play is the way of the dinosaurs in the league's eyes - mark my words, this is the tip of the iceberg. Someone, this year, is going to be out of a playoff game OR will purposefully not go after a QB/RB/WR because they don't want to be suspended

R.I.P. NFL

You're right.

And anyone who watched more than one game this past weekend has already seen that the word has come down from Mount Goodell because I saw way more roughing penalties in three or four games than I've seen in a long time. So it would seem that the refs have indeed been given their marching orders.

LVSteelersfan
12-13-2011, 10:24 AM
Stupid big mouth of his probably didn't help. Whether Goodell and his cronies are little Hitlers or not, you can't publicly call them out. They were just waiting for him to do anything so they could suspend him. He did not play for several games this year and we did ok with Sylvester. I think Harrison may be on his way out of the league especially if his hits get the team fined. Don't lead with your damn head. Whether you want to agree or not, he lowered his head instead of just leading with a shoulder and wrapping him up. McCoy did not duck into this hit. It was vicious and uncalled for. And I am a HUGE Steeler fan. I would be very careful if I was Ryan Clark. He will be next.

finesward
12-13-2011, 10:26 AM
So if mendy takes a direct snap acts like hes running then throws at last second and gets popped in the face its a personal foul and osuspension? Wtf?

LayingTheWoodley56
12-13-2011, 10:27 AM
My blood is actually BOILING! First things first, James Harrison does not deserve the reputation on which this suspension is based. The two hits last year against the Browns were not intentionally vicious, in fact in my mind neither was illegal. Below is the third hit he was fined for, the one on Drew Brees.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvfmN50ECQs

How in the world is that possibly illegal!? I can't even begin to describe why its not because I think it is just blatantly obvious that its not. Now he's being suspended as a "repeat offender" for hits that didn't even deserve this BS in the first place? I hope the Steelers fight this suspension with everything they have. If it is anyone else besides Harrison making the hit on McCoy, it is a penalty (maybe) and nothing more. But because its him it immediately becomes a huge deal.

Roger, you can keep doing this to the most hard-nosed defensive franchise in the league you are trying to turn into chickenshit. We're going to keep playing our way and I can't wait until your in Indy in February with 30-40,000 of us booing your ass when you hand Mike Tomlin and our boys the Lombardi. I want this title more than ever, so LET'S DO IT!

Whodis
12-13-2011, 10:31 AM
When you think back to the hits he was fined for (i.e. Brees) the title "repeat offender" is so inflated.

Herm Edwards just said the hit looked clean. The fact that every hit he lays out hard is deemed illegal only adds to his so called reputation.

My question is what do you think Tomlin says? Some of the Steeler beat writers seem to be taking the high road.

PhantomJB93
12-13-2011, 10:31 AM
This is major bullshit, although I guess we should be glad it's only one game. A lot of dip$hits out there were calling for him to be gone the rest of the season.

tanda10506
12-13-2011, 10:34 AM
Well that's the end of football. The next few years will be a slow transition into further sissification untill real football fans just stop watching. Every good defense will be missing a good player every game. Might seem like an exageration but this is exactly how societies (communist Russia, nazi Germany) get eased into totalatarianism: a leader comes in and does whatever he wants, singles out whoever he wants to and punishes them however he wants to, appeals are not heard(usually by a state controlled court), and everybody (in this case the owners) is to scared to say anything. Sucks my kids wont get to grow up watching football. This year and the next few will be okay to watch, but it will be unbearable after that. Sad day for football.

Nevermore
12-13-2011, 10:35 AM
Look... I'm all about big hits as much as the next guy, but why can't Harrison seem to realize you can't hit a guy in the face with the top of your helmet? He could easily have hit him just as hard going for the midsections with his shoulder and wrapping him up.

I totally get his is an intimidator. And I get he likes big hits. But after 5 fines and a bright spotlight, don't you think it is time to figure out how to play the new game? Plenty of other players have...

He has given multiple concussions in the past 3 years with his hits. The league is trying to stop concussions. Perhaps the suspension was the only way to send the message to players who don't react to monetary penalties.

Don't know if he will change his ways, but for the sake of your team, I hope he does.

skip
12-13-2011, 10:43 AM
The NFL has created some ambiguous incentives with these hit restrictions. Players who are too conscientious about these rules are going to second guess themselves in split-second decisions. And if they're not making plays the risk their jobs. From a players perspective it's as simple as that. Do you get fined or fired?

Of course as usual the media is mostly at fault here for framing the debate. They pick who they like and who they don't like. These calls for fines/suspensions are almost entirely arbitrary. This is demonstrable by the inconsistency in the decisions.

Sure it's all just a big racket. It's just a shame the fans pay the real costs.

Fire Arians
12-13-2011, 10:43 AM
welcome to the nazi football league. heil adolf goodell!

Whodis
12-13-2011, 10:44 AM
Look... I'm all about big hits as much as the next guy, but why can't Harrison seem to realize you can't hit a guy in the face with the top of your helmet? He could easily have hit him just as hard going for the midsections with his shoulder and wrapping him up.

I totally get his is an intimidator. And I get he likes big hits. But after 5 fines and a bright spotlight, don't you think it is time to figure out how to play the new game? Plenty of other players have...

He has given multiple concussions in the past 3 years with his hits. The league is trying to stop concussions. Perhaps the suspension was the only way to send the message to players who don't react to monetary penalties.

Don't know if he will change his ways, but for the sake of your team, I hope he does.

What sport did you watch before football?

steelax04
12-13-2011, 10:44 AM

+1 Harrison could have destroyed McCoy with a solid and perfectly legal hit, but instead kept his head high and put a shot right in his face.

I don't believe that the hit warranted a suspension, but it was still a very poor decision by Harrison to stay high like he did.

tanda10506
12-13-2011, 10:45 AM
When you think back to the hits he was fined for (i.e. Brees) the title "repeat offender" is so inflated.

Herm Edwards just said the hit looked clean. The fact that every hit he lays out hard is deemed illegal only adds to his so called reputation.

My question is what do you think Tomlin says? Some of the Steeler beat writers seem to be taking the high road.

Herm's not the only one, every ex player I saw talking about it was on Harrison's side: Dieon, Faulk, Keyshawn, and Herm. It's only these "writers" that were calling for a suspension, you know, the guys who have never played a play in football. As for Tomlin, he will say nothing because he is limited. What's more dissapointing is the Rooneys will continue to say/do nothing.

Sixburgher
12-13-2011, 10:47 AM

Yes, goodness knows, he needs to play clean. Like Ray Lewis. :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmyhcozGRr4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFuoY0Tw-VI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-I4h0s2jnU

Kindly take that bullshit elsewhere.

Fire Arians
12-13-2011, 10:48 AM

it's hard to change something you've been trained to do since day 1. I've played safety/corner from pee wee leagues to high school, and they always taught us to lead with the helmet in between the numbers.

of course if you really wanted to put the hurt on someone or establish your dominance, you'd hit them in the grill. this usually flies up to college and you don't get penalized for it until you're in the pro leagues. but telling someone to change something they did for the last 15+ years isn't automatic

FanSince72
12-13-2011, 10:49 AM
Just listened to the talking heads on First Take and Bayless (of all people) says that the suspension is too much and that the hit wasn't a punishable hit.

Mangini and Steven A. both think it's too light and should have been two games because of Harrison's record and the warnings he's received. Bayless argues that the warning don't change the fact that the hit itself wasn't out of line and THAT is what I think is missing here.

Just because Harrison has done things like this in the past doesn't automatically make this a bad hit. It IS possible for someone with a bad reputation to do good things or to do things within the rules and not every single hit has to be judged against his history.

TRH
12-13-2011, 10:50 AM
I'm appalled, disgusted, and feel like thowing up.
I knew this was coming, but it doesn't make it feel any better.
This wasn't someone who spit in somebody's face, or punched someone in the face, or bodyslammed someone on purpose. This was a 'bang-bang' play on the field......it happens.
Truly a disgusting, hall-of-shame moment for the history of the NFL. I don't know what else to say.

stb_steeler
12-13-2011, 10:50 AM
Sorry but I just don't see where that particular hit warrants a one game - or ANY game suspension. I watched a lot of football this past weekend and I saw plenty of hits that were far worse than his and many for which not even a flag was thrown.

I know that he has a reputation and all that but if a questionable hit is supposed to be judged on its merit, I'd say James' hit was borderline at best and may have warranted a fine but that's it. A borderline hit cannot be made more severe just because it was Harrison doing the hitting.

At least it wasn't two games because if it was then the NFL would be saying that James' hit was as bad as Suh's assault and that would have probably resulted in death threats against Goodell.

As far as San Fran is concerned, I think we'll be OK without Harrison, especially since we didn't have him for a few games already this year and we survived.

But still...

So whats this tell you? Someones out to get somebody doesnt it?

TRH
12-13-2011, 10:53 AM
also, an appeal should be just that. An appeal. With a chance of getting a ruling over-turned.

Unfortunately, in this communist-like dictatorship, an appeal is a complete joke, a waste of time, and not really "an appeal".
Just despicable. Shame on the NFL. I'm calling their office and telling them that my NFL subscription is canceled (i'll watch the pirated telecasts online) and that i'll never buy a piece of NFL licensed merchandise again. Ever.

FanSince72
12-13-2011, 10:53 AM

Funny you should bring this up because Steven A. on First Take just got finished praising Ray Ray for having spent so much time in the league without resorting to illegal hits and how he simply plays with a "controlled rage". What he really means of course is that Ray Ray simply hasn't been caught or the refs are simply afraid to call him on it.

Maybe you ought to send those clips to him at ESPN and ask him to explain why Harrison's hit is worse than those.

TRH
12-13-2011, 10:54 AM
This is just disgusting! The owners need to step up and get rid of this idiot in charge. I'm really tired of this shit!

You're right. They should. Everyone and their brother knows the mistake of this hire. The only one still on board behind the scenes is Bob Kraft.
UNFORTUNATELY, the owners ain't going to do shit.

Sixburgher
12-13-2011, 10:57 AM
Funny you should bring this up because Steven A. on First Take just got finished praising Ray Ray for having spent so much time in the league without resorting to illegal hits and how he simply plays with a "controlled rage". What he really means of course is that Ray Ray simply hasn't been caught or the refs are simply afraid to call him on it.

No, what it means is that the same media that has demonized Harrison has spent the last decade and a half sucking Lewis's dick nonstop.

TRH
12-13-2011, 10:57 AM

Maybe you ought to send those clips to him at ESPN and ask him to explain why Harrison's hit is worse than those.

I actually like Ray Lewis. We all know (c'mon, admit it....), he'd make a great Steeler. However....he's like the defensive version of Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. The refs don't call s**t on him, he's almost "off-limits". Sure, once in a while, they'll call the 'minor' penalty. But nothing serious.
In the 1st game against us this year, he did a "helmet-to-helmet" tackle (even pointed out by replay and the announcing team, although just barely).
No flag. No penalty. No fine. NO nothing.

DanRooney
12-13-2011, 10:58 AM
Is Woodley good to go or are we going to have Worilds and Timmons back there?

TRH
12-13-2011, 10:59 AM
anyone have the email or phone number of the league office handy?

FanSince72
12-13-2011, 10:59 AM
I actually like Ray Lewis. We all know (c'mon, admit it....), he'd make a great Steeler. However....he's like the defensive version of Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. The refs don't call s**t on him, he's almost "off-limits". Sure, once in a while, they'll call the 'minor' penalty. But nothing serious.
In the 1st game against us this year, he did a "helmet-to-helmet" tackle (even pointed out by replay and the announcing team, although just barely).
No flag. No penalty. No fine. NO nothing.

^THIS^

You nailed it, brutha!

frunko1
12-13-2011, 11:04 AM
^THIS^

You nailed it, brutha!

Lewis has had 3 helmet to helmet fines in the same time frame I believe.

Boomer
12-13-2011, 11:10 AM
anyone have the email or phone number of the league office handy?

NFLPA: (202) 463-2200

The National Football League is located in NYC.
National Football League
280 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10017
Their phone number is: 1-212-450-2000

TRH
12-13-2011, 11:11 AM
well, the NFL does have a feedback and complaint board that the receptionist will direct you to. Supposedly, their team listens to all the feedback (to make the league better to fans) 1-212-450-2000
I would encourage many to call.

I left a message that i'm canceling subscriptions, not buying any more licensed merchandise, and my thoughts on Goodell and the hatred for him across the board. Also that there is no appeal process in this dictatorship and that there needs to be. OVERTURN it.

TRH
12-13-2011, 11:12 AM

National Football League
280 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10017

Cool. I know what i want to say to the NFL, but not sure what feedback i would leave for the NFL PA right now...

smheart78
12-13-2011, 11:13 AM
This from TMQ this morning:
At Washington, Tom Brady scrambled, ran up the middle then started a hook-slide; London Fletcher hit Brady before he was down. Fletcher was called for unnecessary roughness, though Brady was not down when the hit happened. This gave the Flying Elvii first-and-goal on the Skins' 10. Referee Jeff Triplette announced the penalty was for "a forearm to the head." There was no forearm blow; Fletcher hit Brady square in the chest, exactly the clean contact the league wants. Just two plays later, Brady scrambled again. This time the Washington defenders pulled up -- and Brady did not hook-slide. If a quarterback can't be hit simply because he might slide, how are defenders supposed to play?

I also agree with the way the league is handling most of these player protection rules, but the worst is the protection of the QB's (I'm ok with the receiver's rules). Maybe it's because I'm a homer with a tough SOB at quarterback, but this was a stupid decision by Colt to pull up at the very last second to make the throw.

I would like to know if there's any way to get any more information from the league on how they ruled on this issue; whether or not they considered this to be James first infringement of the season, and whether there was a clear grey area at soome point during the play as to the QB trying to run to pick up yardage.:banging:

Boomer
12-13-2011, 11:13 AM
The Steelers shouldn't get off scott free on this either. They need to hear from us:
Administrative offices
Pittsburgh Steelers
3400 South Water Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15203-2349
Phone: (412) 432-7800
Fax: (412) 432-7878

tanda10506
12-13-2011, 11:17 AM
I encourage everybody here to call and complain. Harrison's helped us win a championship and dominate the AFC, if his coach/FO won't fight on his behalf then we should! Will it get results, probably not, but it's better than them hearing nothing back. This isn't just about Harrison, this is about football!

Merchant
12-13-2011, 11:18 AM
I don't even have any words. I'm just in complete disbelief.

MACH1
12-13-2011, 11:21 AM

Yes, he's supposed to defy the laws of physics, stop in mid air and adjust himself to a moving target. :doh:

Get that shit out of here.

Fire Arians
12-13-2011, 11:28 AM
is there any way to change my name to fire goodell?

Steel_Bus_24
12-13-2011, 11:28 AM
I can only hope this is a massive rallying cry for our team

because this is straight up Bullsh**......

biggest mistake ever was not getting equal representation on these issues in the new CBA

Goodell never better show his face around the Steelers players again

Steel_Bus_24
12-13-2011, 11:48 AM
And I want this appeal be made public

I want JH and his agent to go in there with a video montage of hits from other players and teams and then say why the F are you singling us out.....and make Goodell defend his horseSh** in front of anybody who wants to see

but the NFL won't allow that, because they'd look utterly stupid

Whodis
12-13-2011, 11:50 AM
Tomlin quotes

"We're disappointed," Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin said of Harrison's suspension. "We're disappointed for James because we know how hard he's worked to play within the rules."

But "he has to be accountable for that so we accept the judgment rendered by the league office."

Tomlin continued: "He can't participate in any football activities with us this week. He'll be allowed in the building next Tuesday. There is an appeals process ... If he's going to do it I imagine it will transpire pretty quickly."

So much for coming to his defense?

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11347/1196569-100.stm#ixzz1gREElmAU

BIGNASTY91
12-13-2011, 11:54 AM
Tomlin quotes

"We're disappointed," Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin said of Harrison's suspension. "We're disappointed for James because we know how hard he's worked to play within the rules."

But "he has to be accountable for that so we accept the judgment rendered by the league office."

Tomlin continued: "He can't participate in any football activities with us this week. He'll be allowed in the building next Tuesday. There is an appeals process ... If he's going to do it I imagine it will transpire pretty quickly."

So much for coming to his defense?

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11347/1196569-100.stm#ixzz1gREElmAU

I was just about to post this also. I cant believe this BS! The most BS politically correst statement he could have made! If your own damn coach and organization wont stand up for you then what else is left????:banging::banging::banging:

RichardCullinanForever
12-13-2011, 12:11 PM
Tomlin obviously doesn't agree with the league, but I think his stance is that he is a coach trying to win a game on Monday night, not some sports analyst whose job is to state whether he agrees with the rule or not. It's business as usual, and I can't blame Tomlin. Let the sports writers do their job and let him do his, which involves trying to get a 7th Lombardi to Pittsburgh and NOT publicly analyze the decisions made by NFL officials.

MACH1
12-13-2011, 12:25 PM
I was just about to post this also. I cant believe this BS! The most BS politically correst statement he could have made! If your own damn coach and organization wont stand up for you then what else is left????:banging::banging::banging:

This will probably push him one more step in the direction of retirement. He threatened it last year.

steelfury02
12-13-2011, 12:29 PM
I'm sure at the very least, Tomlin agrees with Harrison behind close doors and him along the ownership and PR staff have said that this is what they HAVE to say to the media so to not amplify the situation and put them in the best situation to keep winning

I'm sure a lot of this scripted response is damage control - they don't want this blowing up any more than it already has

Don't worry - you thought our Steelers were playing well? Now they are really feeling disrespected and are determined to make a stand

Division or not, we're in the playoffs and we will def take this out on some teams

steelfury02
12-13-2011, 12:31 PM
we all talk about what ifs if we win #7 this season - Harrison could end up being another one that calls it quits now if that were the case

DoctorCAD
12-13-2011, 12:38 PM
Tomlin's got to go...

Not having his team ready for games and not sticking up for his players.

Winner or not, he's got to go!

TRH
12-13-2011, 12:39 PM
Just watched the ESPN roundtable talk today. Unbelievable.
Skip Bayless actually took up for Harrison and said the suspension should be ZERO games. He didn't think the hit was anything special, and certainly not deliberate.

The rest of the panel though? They all wanted 2 GAMES...that the one-game wasn't enough. Can you believe that?? I'm appalled.

tucker6
12-13-2011, 12:39 PM
we all talk about what ifs if we win #7 this season - Harrison could end up being another one that calls it quits now if that were the case

Honestly, I would have been amazed if Harrison was with the Steelers next year even without this incident. His back isn't the best, and even though he's having a good year, his upside is much less than his downside. We need to get younger on defense, and we have players that can fill his position. That's life in the NFL.

steelfury02
12-13-2011, 12:44 PM
unfortunately we are on a path of no return and while I'm an advocate of player safety, the inconsistency of the discipline and the fact that the Browns and the league are receiving little to no heat about McCoy going back into the game with what was NOT the true concussion test and what was not in his best interest (we are the toughest team in the league - but if a guy gets a stinger, "bell rung", even if he wants to - is not let back into the game no matter what)

steelfury02
12-13-2011, 12:47 PM
great players and great teams persevere much like our black and gold will'

a storms on the horizon . . .

soulkitchen
12-13-2011, 12:49 PM
also, an appeal should be just that. An appeal. With a chance of getting a ruling over-turned.

Unfortunately, in this communist-like dictatorship, an appeal is a complete joke, a waste of time, and not really "an appeal".
Just despicable. Shame on the NFL. I'm calling their office and telling them that my NFL subscription is canceled (i'll watch the pirated telecasts online) and that i'll never buy a piece of NFL licensed merchandise again. Ever.

That's how you handle it. Don't buy their crap. Buy it used from ebay or direct from china (i.e. readycheers.com - I have bought a couple jerseys from their site and have had no issues). If you want to buy tickets to a game, buy them from stubhub or ebay, don't use nfl ticket exchange (nfl's attempt to counter ebay and stubhub).

I for one would like a list of the major sponsers so I can begin to boycott them.

I am a season ticket holder, and supporter of my team, and after that my loyalty stops. The nfl and their commish can suck it.

Atlanta Dan
Stupid big mouth of his probably didn't help. Whether Goodell and his cronies are little Hitlers or not, you can't publicly call them out. They were just waiting for him to do anything so they could suspend him. He did not play for several games this year and we did ok with Sylvester. I think Harrison may be on his way out of the league especially if his hits get the team fined. Don't lead with your damn head. Whether you want to agree or not, he lowered his head instead of just leading with a shoulder and wrapping him up. McCoy did not duck into this hit. It was vicious and uncalled for. And I am a HUGE Steeler fan. I would be very careful if I was Ryan Clark. He will be next.

Agreed - Harrison thought he could go helmet to helmet on a QB and, based upon his quotes, apparently thought he could do so once mcCoy left the pocket whether McCoy was a runner or passer. While the hit arguably was legal, Harriosn could have made the tackle without going helmet to helmet

So the potential MIAs for Monday night are Pro Bowl players at QB, center, linebacker, and safety - good luck with that

Get ready for playoffs on the road

TRH
the problem is that the media is running with the story that James "is a dirty player". Thats the real problem. Why? Because the NFL instantly caves to whatever the media is printing. Hell, most of the fines and suspensions are being "guessed" by the panels and commentators days before they even happen now.
It's almost as if the decision makers in the office read the paper and watch the ESPN analysts....then "decide" how much the fine or suspension will be (without making the decisions on their own....as they SHOULD be doing) . And funny isn't it, that its almost ALWAYS what the analysts have said or printed?
Hmmm. Very suspicious.

Sixburgher
12-13-2011, 12:50 PM
Tomlin's got to go...

The only thing that could possibly come of Tomlin "sticking up" for Harrison is drawing a fine himself. Please, just STFU.

Atlanta Dan
12-13-2011, 12:52 PM
Tomlin obviously doesn't agree with the league, but I think his stance is that he is a coach trying to win a game on Monday night, not some sports analyst whose job is to state whether he agrees with the rule or not. It's business as usual, and I can't blame Tomlin..

Yep

Tomlin met with Goodell regarding the rules and presumably was told watch it on the helmet to helmet hits. Tomlin presumably carried that message back to the team. Then Harrison goes helmet to helmet - Tomlin's reaction to the suspension is how he had to play it

TRH
12-13-2011, 12:52 PM
Tomlin's got to go...

To be honest, there's not much Tomlin can say. He goes about as far as he can when he says that he disagrees with the hits being illegal (as he has done on numerous occasions).
If he want any further with comments, the league would in turn then dish out a fine to TOMLIN likely in the 6-figure range.

soulkitchen
12-13-2011, 12:54 PM
To be honest, there's not much Tomlin can say. He goes about as far as he can when he says that he disagrees with the hits being illegal (as he has done on numerous occasions).
If he want any further with comments, the league would in turn then dish out a fine to TOMLIN likely in the 6-figure range.

Thanks for going the nice route on your response. I personally prefer the response STFU!

Nevermore
12-13-2011, 12:55 PM

Didn't make any comparisons. Simply commenting on the issue at hand, which was Harrison's hit on McCoy. In a league that is trying to reduce the number of concussions due to hits to the head, all players need to be smarter and if they decide to still tackle people head to head, they need to be ready for the repercussions.

Nevermore
12-13-2011, 01:01 PM
it's hard to change something you've been trained to do since day 1. I've played safety/corner from pee wee leagues to high school, and they always taught us to lead with the helmet in between the numbers.

of course if you really wanted to put the hurt on someone or establish your dominance, you'd hit them in the grill. this usually flies up to college and you don't get penalized for it until you're in the pro leagues. but telling someone to change something they did for the last 15+ years isn't automatic

This is a BS excuse.

These guys are "professionals" getting paid more money in one year than almost all of us will ever see in a lifetime. You are telling me that because Harrison starting hitting guys in the face with the top of his helmet at age 10, he is incapable of figuring out how not to? I think that is absurd.

He doesn't want to change, which is fine. But it is now against league policy so he can either quit, change, or face the consequences. So far he's chosen #3.

Nevermore
12-13-2011, 01:06 PM
Yes, he's supposed to defy the laws of physics, stop in mid air and adjust himself to a moving target. :doh:

Get that shit out of here.

He lined Colt up at least 5 yards out. He doesn't need to stop mid-air.... he needs to not aim for the head. Put your pads on his numbers and fold him in half with a legal hit and no one is talking about this today. Aim for the head, concuss McCoy and act like it ain't no thing, and he is sitting on the couch for SF.

I'll agree there are other Harrison hits that have been tougher because the reciever was crouching, or flinching, or moving. McCoy was by himself in the flat standing straight up. Harrison hit him exactly where he meant to. In the face with the top of his head.

Sixburgher
12-13-2011, 01:11 PM
In a league that is trying to reduce the number of concussions due to hits to the head, all players need to be smarter and if they decide to still tackle people head to head, they need to be ready for the repercussions.

Gotcha. That explains all the helmet to helmet hits that go unpunished. Not to mention the absolutely retarded rule that states a helmet to helmet hit is legal when inflicted upon a running back. Fact is, this particular instance was a media witch hunt from the word go, and Goodell duly obliged like he always does.

Bayz101
12-13-2011, 01:19 PM
He lined Colt up at least 5 yards out. He doesn't need to stop mid-air.... he needs to not aim for the head. Put your pads on his numbers and fold him in half with a legal hit and no one is talking about this today. Aim for the head, concuss McCoy and act like it ain't no thing, and he is sitting on the couch for SF.

I'll agree there are other Harrison hits that have been tougher because the reciever was crouching, or flinching, or moving. McCoy was by himself in the flat standing straight up. Harrison hit him exactly where he meant to. In the face with the top of his head.

If it's Ray Lewis that recieves this suspension, you go into suicide watch. I find it funny that Godell waits to discipline Lewis until AFTER the Baltimore game on that Hines Ward hit. Penalizing him in game puts the Steelers in good position! Godell can't have that! :rofl:

TRH
12-13-2011, 01:20 PM
Herm Edwards just stuck for Harrison on ESPN. Cool.

BIGNASTY91
12-13-2011, 01:25 PM
Herm Edwards just stuck for Harrison on ESPN. Cool.

There are alot of "football" guys sticking up for him! As someone stated earlier its the media and all there harrison hate that has this thing blown up to what it has become!

tunes4life
12-13-2011, 01:30 PM
If you think the team owners are going to go after RG because of this you are mistaken. In general the owners want the penalties to happen. I know its hard to believe but I feel like the owners may actually be the ones pressuring RG into this pussification we are all witnessing. Less injuries = less arguments from players about longer seasons = more money in the owners pockets.

We are all witnessing a major period of change in the sport we all know and love. A change tantamount to the merging of the AFC and NFC into a single league.

I hope it works out as well.

tanda10506
12-13-2011, 01:30 PM
I agree, time to blow it up more, call the NFL and call the Steelers, let it be known. I wonder, mods, if you guys could set up an online petition? Football will be nothing in a few years if we don't do something!

tanda10506
12-13-2011, 01:33 PM
If you think the team owners are going to go after RG because of this you are mistaken. In general the owners want the penalties to happen. I know its hard to believe but I feel like the owners may actually be the ones pressuring RG into this pussification we are all witnessing. Less injuries = less arguments from players about longer seasons = more money in the owners pockets..

I guess that could be true, but I find it unlikely.

After speaking with a rep at the Steelers facility on the phone, their position is "there's nothing we can do". The rep said that during the season owners have no say in the commisioners decisions. I was polite but the guy seemed irritated, probably getting a lot of calls.

steelax04
12-13-2011, 01:36 PM
I agree, time to blow it up more, call the NFL and call the Steelers, let it be known. I wonder, mods, if you guys could set up an online petition? Football will be nothing in a few years if we don't do something!

There are a lot of online petition sites that you could start your cause on... no need to wait on a mod.

Opt2loc
12-13-2011, 01:41 PM
If Clark isn't careful he'll be next.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7212307/ryan-clark-pittsburgh-steelers-fined-40k-takes-jab-roger-goodell

tanda10506
12-13-2011, 01:51 PM
Go f&$@ yourself Ravens fan! Waisting your time in here

Sixburgher
12-13-2011, 01:51 PM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7212307/ryan-clark-pittsburgh-steelers-fined-40k-takes-jab-roger-goodell

Uh, yeah. Same goes for "God's Linebacker".

DanRooney
12-13-2011, 01:57 PM
Tomlin needs to stop stroking off Goodell and call out La Fuhrer.

Opt2loc
12-13-2011, 02:12 PM
Go f&$@ yourself Ravens fan! Waisting your time in here

Real classy.

Did you mean "wasting" my time?

Seems like you "wasted" your time in grammar school.

:rofl:

Boomer
12-13-2011, 02:12 PM
This is from some doofus named Mike Freeman over at CBS:
This leads to a question I've been asking players over the past several days: Why don't more of them speak out publicly against Harrison's tactics?
Harrison is, after all, potentially destroying careers. Why don't more players call him out for it?
Privately, some do. "He's dirty," one player told me this weekend. "Can't stand him."
That was the overall sentiment. So why won't players take on Harrison more publicly?

So he talked to a couple of players on opposings teams?? I'm sure and that makes an "overall sentiment"...

All this from a guy who lied about having a college degree when trying to get a job. What a POS. Here's the whole slanted biased piece of crap article if you want to read it:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/16428965/peers-might-best-convince-steelers-harrison-to-curb-dangerous-play

Opt2loc
12-13-2011, 02:15 PM
Uh, yeah. Same goes for "God's Linebacker".

When you're right, you're right.

Boomer
12-13-2011, 02:17 PM

National Football League
280 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10017

Just in case anyone missed it...

tanda10506
12-13-2011, 02:18 PM
Real classy.

Did you mean "wasting" my time?

Seems like you "wasted" your time in grammar school.

Oooh wow, so funny, who would have thought the next Dane Cook was a ravens fan screwing around on a steelers board. Again, go f$&# yourself.

Boomer
12-13-2011, 02:20 PM
The Steelers shouldn't get off scott free on this either. They need to hear from us:
Administrative offices
Pittsburgh Steelers
3400 South Water Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15203-2349
Phone: (412) 432-7800
Fax: (412) 432-7878

This too...

Fire Arians
12-13-2011, 02:21 PM
This is from some doofus named Mike Freeman over at CBS:
This leads to a question I've been asking players over the past several days: Why don't more of them speak out publicly against Harrison's tactics?
Harrison is, after all, potentially destroying careers. Why don't more players call him out for it?
Privately, some do. "He's dirty," one player told me this weekend. "Can't stand him."
That was the overall sentiment. So why won't players take on Harrison more publicly?

So he talked to a couple of players on opposings teams I'm sure and that makes an "overall sentiment"??

All this from a guy who lied about having a college degree when trying to get a job. What a POS. Here's the whole slanted biased piece of crap article if you want to read it:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/16428965/peers-might-best-convince-steelers-harrison-to-curb-dangerous-play

destroying careers? how many players have missed games due to his hits?

im pretty sure his hits account for less games missed than ray lewis

TRH
12-13-2011, 02:21 PM

Clark is a vicious hitter...at times i think he may be the hardest hitting defensive back in the game today.
But thats a strike against him. Thats one of the problems i have with the "new football". Can't hit too hard. Can't hit too low. Can't hit too high. Can't hit with your helmet even if the runner 'raises' up (remember these plays happen in a split second...not the sloooooooowed down slow motion that they show over and over and over, then become the judge and jury).
You may think this is funny...but i think we have a day in our future when at least QB's will not be able to be tackled and a "touch", "flag" of some sort will be devised for this. You watch. It will happen in our lifetime.

Opt2loc
12-13-2011, 02:30 PM
Clark is a vicious hitter...at times i think he may be the hardest hitting defensive back in the game today.
But thats a strike against him. Thats one of the problems i have with the "new football". Can't hit too hard. Can't hit too low. Can't hit too high. Can't hit with your helmet even if the runner 'raises' up (remember these plays happen in a split second...not the sloooooooowed down slow motion that they show over and over and over, then become the judge and jury).
You may think this is funny...but i think we have a day in our future when at least QB's will not be able to be tackled and a "touch", "flag" of some sort will be devised for this. You watch. It will happen in our lifetime.

I don't think you are too far off with the flag. What sucks is you have players all over the league playing hard, granted some dirtier than others getting a lot of flags for these kind of hits. The problem is that if a player gets a rep for hard or illegal hits he is put under a microscope which causes some of these players who have very large egoes to see just what they can get away with. Fines mean nothing to most of these guys. We see now that the NFL is taking it up a notch with guys with reps. Suspensions hurt everybody.

i82much
12-13-2011, 02:42 PM

Maybe it's because Ray is smart enough to keep his g*ddamned mouth shut.

Oh, and this:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2011-11/players-poll/story/midseason-player-poll-ndamukong-suh-voted-dirtiest-player-by-landslide

BengalDestroyer

The problem is that we are pretty much the only ones being targeted. Beside the obvious ones like Suh...
They look for reasons to fine us...Goodell's a piece of shit.

DoctorCAD
The only thing that could possibly come of Tomlin "sticking up" for Harrison is drawing a fine himself. Please, just STFU.

My boss sticks up for me when management does something wrong, why can't Harrisons?

Good managers stick up for their employees, bad managers let them twist in the wind. I have lost all respect for Tomlin, after the past 2 games poor planning and now this.

If you don't agree, fine, but to tell me to STFU is not warranted.

Bayz101
12-13-2011, 02:49 PM
My boss sticks up for me when management does something wrong, why can't Harrisons?

Good managers stick up for their employees, bad managers let them twist in the wind. I have lost all respect for Tomlin, after the past 2 games poor planning and now this.

If you don't agree, fine, but to tell me to STFU is not warranted.

That's why Tomlin's not the manager. He's the coach. It's not his job to speak his mind, it's his choice, and right now, he's probably concentrating on what matters the most: San Francisco this coming Monday. It's obvious that the NFL fines people for stupid reasons, and with that being said, as a coach, would you put a paycheck at risk?

Coaches don't make what players make, but when they mess up, they lose an equal amount. Tomlin isn't going to say much and I don't blame him. Even Harrison posted on his FaceBook that he's concentrated on his next game. Tomlin's a good coach, and he's a smart coach. He's not a hot head.

Listen. I'm as pissed off as the next guy wearing black and gold, but Harrison's doing fine, and so should we. Let's just get ready for some MNF action!!

:tt03:

Sixburgher
12-13-2011, 02:56 PM
Maybe it's because Ray is smart enough to keep his g*ddamned mouth shut.

Oh, and this:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2011-11/players-poll/story/midseason-player-poll-ndamukong-suh-voted-dirtiest-player-by-landslide

Or maybe it has something to do with Goodell's discipline being largely media influenced and since the media rides Lewis's dick most of the time, he's largely given a pass by them?

steelermount
12-13-2011, 02:57 PM
Roger is the worst comish. Ever ! It's sad that he has it in for James and let's the media influence his decision making. http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=Hq_rknF9Lzs

i82much
12-13-2011, 03:01 PM
Or maybe it has something to do with Goodell's discipline being largely media influenced and since the media rides Lewis's dick most of the time, he's largely given a pass by them?

I don't necessarily agree with the league. I think it is awfully tough for these players to correct themselves mid-play to avoid illegal hits. But at some point, when you're the guy getting all of the scrutiny, you need to keep your nose squeaky clean. - cleaner than everybody else in the league. Yeah, maybe it's not fair Harrison gets extra scrutiny, I dunno. But as a practical matter, the players rank him 2nd dirtiest in the league, he tells the commish where to stick it, and he concedes that he is unwilling to change the way he plays. So what exactly did you think was going to happen the next time he hit someone with his helmet?

Fire Arians
12-13-2011, 03:06 PM
next time he needs to knock some mother****er's head clean off

skinart82
12-13-2011, 03:16 PM
What about the hit that broke James's orbital or Ray Lewis's hit on Hines? Where were the suspensions then?

MACH1
12-13-2011, 03:22 PM
destroying careers? how many players have missed games due to his hits?

im pretty sure his hits account for less games missed than ray lewis

Stabit ray doesn't hit he uses a knife.

Destroying lives.

tanda10506
12-13-2011, 03:23 PM
next time he needs to knock some mother****er's head clean off

Might as well, if your going to get fined/suspended either way, might as well.

JCPsteelers
12-13-2011, 03:25 PM
Freaking lame. F the NFL and Goodell.

Atlanta Dan
12-13-2011, 03:27 PM
He lined Colt up at least 5 yards out. He doesn't need to stop mid-air.... he needs to not aim for the head. Put your pads on his numbers and fold him in half with a legal hit and no one is talking about this today. .

Leaving aside why a fan of a team with a serial headhunter such as Ray Lewis is preaching on playing within the rules, the question is whether the hit merits a suspension

Peter King wrote last week the hit did not merit a suspension and continues to disagree with you

I urge you to watch the play again. If you're a defensive player and your job is to tackle the ball-carrier, who appears to be in the process of running and not passing, you have to wonder what a defensive player can do in this case. McCoy took five full strides as a runner with the ball tucked under his arm. Just before contact, he pulled the ball out and threw it. By that time, Harrison was already coiling to strike.

He should have aimed lower. We know that. But the fact is, until a split-second before Harrison knew that McCoy was going to throw the ball, he was a runner, with the protection of a running back; that means that he could have been hit in the helmet. I'm just not a big fan of suspending a guy on such a borderline play.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/12/13/mail/index.html?sct=hp_t2_a7&eref=sihp

ricardisimo
12-13-2011, 03:36 PM
Who put McCoy in greater danger: James Harrison or Pat Shurmur? If the Browns' coach gets less than a one game suspension, we'll have learned something about Goodell's NFL.
:tap:

JCPsteelers
12-13-2011, 03:38 PM
James Harrison says he can’t and won’t change the way he plays

Shortly after he was suspended for a game for another helmet-to-helmet hit on another opponent, Steelers linebacker James Harrison told a former teammate that he has no intention of changing the way he plays.

Harrison had a conversation with former Steelers running back Jerome Bettis, who said on ESPN’s NFL Live that Harrison told him he’s going to keep playing the way he has always played, despite the league office cracking down on him for his head shot on Browns quarterback Colt McCoy.

“He told me he can’t,” Bettis said when asked if Harrison would change the way he plays.

Bettis said Harrison doesn’t think he did anything wrong when he hit McCoy, and that he could have hurt McCoy a lot worse if he had wanted to.

“He told me that it was laughable that this was the case — it wasn’t a funny situation but it’s laughable that he would get suspended over what he felt was a very, very small incident,” Bettis said. “In his words, ‘If I would have really hit him I would have close to knocked him out.’”

Asked if Harrison is likely to keep getting in trouble for helmet-to-helmet hits, Bettis answered, “Absolutely.”

“James said that he’s concerned this will happen again and then there will be a larger suspension,” Bettis said, “But he said to me, ‘I’m not going to worry about it. I’m going to play my game. If they suspend me they suspend me, but I’m not going to change the way I play football.’”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/13/james-harrison-says-he-cant-and-wont-change-the-way-he-plays/

Steelersfan87
12-13-2011, 04:03 PM
Richard Seymour has been ejected twice in the past two seasons for punching players, and has been fined 3 times total. Why he hasn't been suspended is completely beyond me. At this point I don't even give a shit.

Nevermore
12-13-2011, 04:46 PM
Leaving aside why a fan of a team with a serial headhunter such as Ray Lewis is preaching on playing within the rules, the question is whether the hit merits a suspension

Peter King wrote last week the hit did not merit a suspension and continues to disagree with you

I urge you to watch the play again. If you're a defensive player and your job is to tackle the ball-carrier, who appears to be in the process of running and not passing, you have to wonder what a defensive player can do in this case. McCoy took five full strides as a runner with the ball tucked under his arm. Just before contact, he pulled the ball out and threw it. By that time, Harrison was already coiling to strike.

He should have aimed lower. We know that. But the fact is, until a split-second before Harrison knew that McCoy was going to throw the ball, he was a runner, with the protection of a running back; that means that he could have been hit in the helmet. I'm just not a big fan of suspending a guy on such a borderline play.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/12/13/mail/index.html?sct=hp_t2_a7&eref=sihp

Well if Peter king said it it must be true.....

Irrelevant. Due to his public defiance, multiple fined hits on QBs in particular, and his documented disrespect for the league and Goodell, he has lost the "tie goes to the runner" right. He doesn't want to change and his play is no longer sanctioned by the league. Either adapt to the game or don't. But Harrison has made his bed and now he has to lay in it.

If this story was about Ray Lewis, you all would be saying the same thing. I understand you are cheering for your guy, but the league got it right.

Just my $.02

StainlessStill
12-13-2011, 04:51 PM
National Fairy League.

Don't worry, Steelers Nation. We can certainly afford this. Woodley will be back and Worlids has been playing phenomenal as of late. There's nothing really too daunting about the 49'ers overall team, certainly a team that we are use to facing when it comes to style. They don't really do anything spectacular. We can get it done. If we do, then that means Harrison will be rested a week and the tandem of Woodley and Harrison will be fresh as ever. Wouldn't be surprised to see Foote play some middle with Timmons going outside occasionally when Woodley needs rest with Worlids. May be a unique night as far as rotation is concerned.

We're fine. We're still the team nobody wants to face no matter what.

Atlanta Dan
12-13-2011, 04:56 PM
Well if Peter king said it it must be true.....

Irrelevant. Due to his public defiance, multiple fined hits on QBs in particular, and his documented disrespect for the league and Goodell, he has lost the "tie goes to the runner" right. He doesn't want to change and his play is no longer sanctioned by the league. Either adapt to the game or don't. But Harrison has made his bed and now he has to lay in it.

If this story was about Ray Lewis, you all would be saying the same thing. I understand you are cheering for your guy, but the league got it right.

Just my $.02

And if it happened to Ray Lewis you would say it was wrong

I cited Peter King since, unlike you and me, he is not inclined to see matters through the prism of how it impacts the Ravens and the Steelers

Which raises the point of exactly what you are doing here except to stir up s**t?

Most folks have better means of spending their time than trolling on sites for teams they loathe but that apparently is not applicabel to you

Whatever gets you off

Just my two cents

ricardisimo
12-13-2011, 05:02 PM
Personally it's not about whether Goodell "got it right" with regards to Harrison's hit on McCoy. Even a stopped watch is right twice a day, so maybe he did, maybe he didn't. Evenhanded enforcement is the issue. If Harrison is getting picked on - as many Steeler fans suspect he is - then every time he gets picked on yet again by Goodell merely serves as corroborating evidence for the next fine or suspension.

The hypocrisy of the league is stunning, They offer up all of the most vicious hits from each and every week on their website. They regularly look the other way on horrifying hits on pretty much any player who is not a franchise QB (except Ben). They actively promote a speeded-up passing game over a slower running game, knowing full well that QBs and wide receivers are in greater danger this way.

And as I just mentioned, let's see if Pat Shurmur gets suspended. He - not Harrison - put McCoy in the greatest danger of all. It won't happen, of course, because higher-ups are inviolable in Goodell's NFL. Discipline is for the grunts, not the brass.

StainlessStill
12-13-2011, 05:05 PM
I bet you, without a single ounce of a doubt, that if we all go outside right now and play backyard football, that many of us will knock heads atleast once out of pure movement and momentum. It's inevitable. It's the game of football. A game played full sprint on foot. I don't expect Harrison to change his style of football. The game is not meant for robots. Things happen. Body language happen. I'm sure Harrison didn't have the helmet to helmet shot in his mind. He just made a quick reactionary move that happened to land him head to head with McCoy. It's football, I've been victim many times of it and I dished it out many of times.

I don't expect that dork Roger Goodell, who never put a shoulder pad on in his life, to know that head to head shots won't go away no matter how bad he wants it to. It's grown men banging bodies into each other. C'MON MAN!

Sixburgher
12-13-2011, 05:07 PM

I cited Peter King since, unlike you and me, he is not inclined to see matters through the prism of how it impacts the Ravens and the Steelers

Which raises the point of exactly what you are doing here except to stir up s**t?

Most folks have better means of spending their time than trolling on sites for teams they loathe but that apparently is not applicabel to you

Whatever gets you off

Just my two cents

:applaudit:

Fire Arians
12-13-2011, 05:12 PM

Whatever gets you off

Just my two cents

of course they would. the same people who were celebrating when mendenhall and ward were injured by ray lewis. one ravens fan even posted on our gameday thread vs. the bengals and was jawing off about brown taking a hit and possibly having broken ribs.

all of a sudden, they are all for player safety? get the **** outta here lol. everyone knows the ravens are the lowest class organization along with their fans

Bayz101
12-13-2011, 05:18 PM
:applaudit:

truesteelerfan
12-13-2011, 05:34 PM

You are absolutely correct! I'm not sure what his vision for the future is for this league- but I'm not sure all the owners would have the same one....Games with no hitting and favortism to people like Brady will empty seats and cost owners (who I assume pay Goodell) money.

Nevermore
12-13-2011, 05:47 PM
If Ray was fined 5 timed in the past 3 years, threatened to retire because he hates the league, called publicly chastised goodell and continued his illegal hits to get suspended I would be pissed at Ray.

I completely agree rays hit on Hines was illegal, should have been flagged and fined.

ricardisimo
12-13-2011, 05:53 PM
If Ray was fined 5 timed in the past 3 years, threatened to retire because he hates the league, called publicly chastised goodell and continued his illegal hits to get suspended I would be pissed at Ray.

I completely agree rays hit on Hines was illegal, should have been flagged and fined.
And yet his hit wasn't fined or flagged. I think you and others have hit on something near the truth here, though: Harrison called Goodell out publicly. We will not tolerate free speech and freedom of opinion in the New League Order.

Whodis
12-13-2011, 05:58 PM
And yet his hit wasn't fined or flagged. I think you and others have hit on something near the truth here, though: Harrison called Goodell out publicly. We will not tolerate free speech and freedom of opinion in the New League Order.

Is he running him out of the league? Tomlin talked as if James needs to abide by the rules. Are they all aware of it?

#1LambertFan
12-13-2011, 05:58 PM
What happens if we refuse to keep him off the field? Hand us an automatic loss? Disband the Steelers? Let's revolt. If they won't listen to words than we try action

Steelersfan87
12-13-2011, 06:00 PM
What Harrison has said publicly should have no bearing on his punishment; that suggestion is absurd.

My biggest issue with the whole scenario is the ceaseless portrayal of Harrison as somebody who "doesn't get it" and "will never learn" when the very fact that he hasn't been flagged for a personal foul in 16 games is a suggestion to the contrary. He obviously did alter the way that he played. And let's be honest, his penalty against Fitzpatrick, his most recent since this one, was really questionable.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/harrison-hit-on-fitzpatrick.avi.gif

Steel Peon
12-13-2011, 06:15 PM
R.I.P. NFL
I've been lamenting it's death for a coupla years now, but the harsh reality of seeing it being lowered into the ground is difficult to accept. We must all now come to terms with it's passing.

On the bright side, we know who killed it, and we can all look forward to ripping his nuts off.

IowaSteeler927
12-13-2011, 06:18 PM
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j99/zclary923/HarrisonFlagFootball.jpg

mizzouristeeler
12-13-2011, 06:31 PM
So if tebow is running a qb run play you can't hit him like a runner until he passes the line of scrimmage???

IowaSteeler927
12-13-2011, 06:35 PM
So if tebow is running a qb run play you can't hit him like a runner until he passes the line of scrimmage???

You can hit him, as long as you don't play for the Steelers, your name is not James Harrison, and you don't wear #92. Then it's okay.

Fire Arians
12-13-2011, 07:34 PM
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j99/zclary923/HarrisonFlagFootball.jpg

lol :chuckle:

Fire Arians
12-13-2011, 07:54 PM

only if you don't hit him too hard. if you de-cleat him, then you will get struck by lightning and fined 2 million dollars.

Steelerfreak58
12-13-2011, 08:18 PM
Get ready for 700 yard passing games folks with points in the 70's and 80s range. Defensive football is a thing of the pass with Goodell at the office.

You can't hit QBs hard anymore, you can't hit WR's hard anymore. Running backs will be next up.

I am becoming less and less of a fan of football its sad really.

rich4eagle
12-13-2011, 08:32 PM
:tt::tt::drink:Sorry but I just don't see where that particular hit warrants a one game - or ANY game suspension. I watched a lot of football this past weekend and I saw plenty of hits that were far worse than his and many for which not even a flag was thrown.

But still...

The name needs to be changed to the NLB ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the national leauge of bs

I was a fan, and now considering to abandon a panty waist sport for money send that to goodell and tell him fuyvmh

Boomer
12-13-2011, 08:33 PM

Two things here:
1...Nobody is saying that we want the game to be dangerous and injure players. We want and expect it to be FAIR. That's all. Nothing more. Is that too much to ask?? I thought not.

2...What the hell is it with the ratturd fans and their inferiority complex when it comes to the STEELERS??? Hell, you guys spend more time on all the different STEELERS boards talking STEELERS stuff that you do on your own boards talking about your own sorry team. Come on man, get a life. Want to know how many ratturds boards I visit? Not one. How many I'm registered at? Nada. I care nothing about your stolen suckland stains team wrapped in purple and black. Purple?? Really??

Boomer
12-13-2011, 08:36 PM

Let's play "Who said this":

"Yeah, I heard from the league and like I said they fined me whatever they was going to fine me," "he" said. "The thing is you definitely respect them trying to protect player safety. At the same time, it won't change not one way I play this week no matter what the fine is. You can't stop playing defense the way defense has always been created to play. When the receiver has the ball, your job is to disengage him from the ball. You never want to hurt nobody. I've been in this business too long. I just think once you start getting into these fines I don't know how they come up with the numbers most of the time."

James Harrison?? Oh no, it was the head hunter, Mr. Ray Lewis. That's right, you lose.

RatbirdExtreme
12-13-2011, 08:44 PM
of course they would. the same people who were celebrating when mendenhall and ward were injured by ray lewis. one ravens fan even posted on our gameday thread vs. the bengals and was jawing off about brown taking a hit and possibly having broken ribs.

all of a sudden, they are all for player safety? get the **** outta here lol. everyone knows the ravens are the lowest class organization along with their fans

Oops, sorry, I forgot that every single Steelers fan in the entire world wears a black and gold halo and would never wish injury on another player. There are jerks everywhere. As far as the Ravens organization is concerned, I certainly cant speak for them. But I can remind you that Suggs did come out publicly and speak out in Harrison's defense last year.

The facts as I see them:

1. Harrison got suspended because of who he is, plain and simple. The only other person in the NFL who would have gotten a suspension for that hit is Suh. He probably would have received 3 games for it.

2. Roger is the worst thing to ever happen to the NFL. He doesnt hate the Steelers. He doesnt hate the Ravens. He does, however, hate strong defense. Dont know if its us or you that faces the Patriots in the playoffs, but I can almost guarantee someone gets suspended after that game. Every time Brady motions for a flag, I have this fantasy that a referee will run up to him, punch him in the face, and tell him to quit being such a girl in a skirt. Hasnt happened yet, and I'm not optimistic.

Boomer
12-13-2011, 08:56 PM
2. Roger is the worst thing to ever happen to the NFL. He doesnt hate the Steelers. He doesnt hate the Ravens. He does, however, hate strong defense. Dont know if its us or you that faces the Patriots in the playoffs, but I can almost guarantee someone gets suspended after that game. Every time Brady motions for a flag, I have this fantasy that a referee will run up to him, punch him in the face, and tell him to quit being such a girl in a skirt. Hasnt happened yet, and I'm not optimistic.

This we all agree on for sure.

Nevermore
12-13-2011, 09:47 PM
And yet his hit wasn't fined or flagged. .

$20,000

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/932767-did-baltimore-ravens-lb-ray-lewis-deserve-20k-fine-for-hit-on-hines-ward

Boomer
12-13-2011, 09:52 PM
$20,000

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/932767-did-baltimore-ravens-lb-ray-lewis-deserve-20k-fine-for-hit-on-hines-ward

Yep he was fined, not flagged, and said he'd do it all over again.

Nevermore
12-13-2011, 09:59 PM
Let's play "Who said this":

"Yeah, I heard from the league and like I said they fined me whatever they was going to fine me," "he" said. "The thing is you definitely respect them trying to protect player safety. At the same time, it won't change not one way I play this week no matter what the fine is. You can't stop playing defense the way defense has always been created to play. When the receiver has the ball, your job is to disengage him from the ball. You never want to hurt nobody. I've been in this business too long. I just think once you start getting into these fines I don't know how they come up with the numbers most of the time."

James Harrison?? Oh no, it was the head hunter, Mr. Ray Lewis. That's right, you lose.

That was easy. Mainly because Harrison does NOT "respect them trying to protect player safety" and already voiced his the complete opposite of "you never want to hurt nobody."

Harrison needs to learn he can't defy the league and win. Saying "I don't care" and "I want to hurt people" and calling the commissioner a devil is what got him here. Ray disagreed with the fine (which I personally think was warranted) but isn't dumb enough to disrespect the league and flaunt flagrant disregard for league rules.

I'm not defending any hits by ray. If he gets to however many fined hits Harrison has and displays the classes defiance that Harrison does, then blatently tries to decapitate a QB I'll expect a suspension as well. And I'll be pissed at my player for f-ing the team.

So really in the end Harrison and his teammates lose because he is too ignorant to fix his problem.

Boomer
12-13-2011, 10:06 PM
That was easy. Mainly because Harrison does NOT "respect them trying to protect player safety" and already voiced his the complete opposite of "you never want to hurt nobody."

Harrison needs to learn he can't defy the league and win. Saying "I don't care" and "I want to hurt people" and calling the commissioner a devil is what got him here. Ray disagreed with the fine (which I personally think was warranted) but isn't dumb enough to disrespect the league and flaunt flagrant disregard for league rules.

I'm not defending any hits by ray. If he gets to however many fined hits Harrison has and displays the classes defiance that Harrison does, then blatently tries to decapitate a QB I'll expect a suspension as well. And I'll be pissed at my player for f-ing the team.

So really in the end Harrison and his teammates lose because he is too ignorant to fix his problem.

He said he wanted to hurt people, not injure them. We all know what he meant. You can spin it however you want. And old Ray Ray is not that far behind James in the number of fines...

tony hipchest
12-13-2011, 11:08 PM
What Harrison has said publicly should have no bearing on his punishment; that suggestion is absurd.

My biggest issue with the whole scenario is the ceaseless portrayal of Harrison as somebody who "doesn't get it" and "will never learn" when the very fact that he hasn't been flagged for a personal foul in 16 games is a suggestion to the contrary. He obviously did alter the way that he played. And let's be honest, his penalty against Fitzpatrick, his most recent since this one, was really questionable.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/harrison-hit-on-fitzpatrick.avi.gifas was the bogus flag vs golden boy drew brees on halloween. the "5 fines and illegal hits in 3 years" line is complete bullshit.

Hell, the refs flagged london fletcher for hitting tom brady in the head with a forearm last weekend. he wasnt within a mile, planting it squarely in his chest.

goodell is relying on the judgement of blind idiot part time employee refs, who cant even understand or keep up with goodells ever changing rulebook.

go figure.

how many players careers have the browns ruined with staph infection in the past 3 years? wheres that cess pool teams fines and suspensions?

i82much
12-14-2011, 01:12 AM
He said he wanted to hurt people, not injure them. We all know what he meant. You can spin it however you want. And old Ray Ray is not that far behind James in the number of fines...

Nope, but he's pretty good at not getting suspended :thmbup:

tony hipchest
12-14-2011, 01:26 AM
i thought he was suspended...

hows his little toe doing? :sofunny: (pu$$y)

know what else ray lewis is pretty good at?

losing to the steelers in the playoffs.

he can win a SB with trent dilfer and nobody else, but cant do jack shit with ngata, reed, suggs, and flacco.

lol

Boomer
12-14-2011, 05:02 AM
i thought he was suspended...

hows his little toe doing? :sofunny: (pu$$y)

know what else ray lewis is pretty good at?

losing to the steelers in the playoffs.

he can win a SB with trent dilfer and nobody else, but cant do jack shit with ngata, reed, suggs, and flacco.

lol

He's also good at other things. Lets ask the people at the club in Atlanta what that is...

Rick5895
12-14-2011, 05:34 AM
Man this thread certainly exploded!! I was at work yesterday and couldn't add my 2 cents, LOL. This is total B.S. But I stop short of calling out Tomlin for his "public" stance. As some have pointed out on here, he has no choice, no sense in making the issue worse, especially with us going to national T.V where inflammatory comments from our HC might bring more game flags on us.
I have left my message with the league office but (I know this might be an odd statement to make) I think this might just bring this team together even more if that's possible. Watching the fire and intensity we played with when Ben came back on Thursday and now this. This will make us an even tighter unit, make us play with the mentality of us against the league again , as it did last season with all the b.s fines against James. This could be the very thing that vaults us to our 7th championship.
A final thought on the great Steelers posters here arguing with Ratbird fans. What's the point, they only come here to troll when there is controversy against us to stir shit up. They simply aren't the effort. Ignore them and maybe they will go away.
I see us totally devastating the niners Monday night.

Beware NFL, the Steelers are coming!!!!!!!!!

:tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04:

Atlanta Dan
12-14-2011, 11:16 AM
Certainly did not see this opinion coming (which is shared by Peter King)

The TV analyst Cris Collinsworth:jawdrop:, a longtime advocate for player safety, said he probably would not have suspended Harrison at all, even though it was a foul. McCoy appeared to have turned into a runner as he scrambled out of the pocket, Collinsworth said, leaving Harrison little time to change course once McCoy quickly fired a short pass.

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/12/14/was-n-f-l-s-suspension-of-james-harrison-the-right-call/?ref=sports

http://www.cbs.com/sports/video/?pid=jh1xJGWlXqEP2G_cm6_gJh1OckkDTok8&vs=homepage&play=true

Atlanta Dan
12-14-2011, 11:26 AM
@AdamSchefter
James Harrison's appeal hearing is scheduled for today at 2pm eastern via phone at this time.

http://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/status/146982004259430400

@AdamSchefter
Appeals officer Ted Cottrell will preside over James Harrison's appeal.

http://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/status/146987452219920384

Appeal by phone? At least Harrison and his agent will not waste the cost of plane fare on this charade.

Fire Arians
12-14-2011, 11:31 AM
@AdamSchefter
James Harrison's appeal hearing is scheduled for today at 2pm eastern via phone at this time.

http://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/status/146982004259430400

@AdamSchefter
Appeals officer Ted Cottrell will preside over James Harrison's appeal.

http://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/status/146987452219920384

Appeal by phone? At least Harrison and his agent will not waste the cost of plane fare on this charade.

they're advocating commissioner safety. would you want to sit at a table with a pissed off harrison just feet away from you, ready to rip your head off at any second?

i wouldn't :P

ricardisimo
12-14-2011, 11:54 AM
NFL.com best sellers!

http://www.steelersdepot.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/ben-injury-frame.jpg

http://www.steelersdepot.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/mccoy-injury-frame.jpg

Whodis
12-14-2011, 11:59 AM
Certainly did not see this opinion coming (which is shared by Peter King)

The TV analyst Cris Collinsworth:jawdrop:, a longtime advocate for player safety, said he probably would not have suspended Harrison at all, even though it was a foul. McCoy appeared to have turned into a runner as he scrambled out of the pocket, Collinsworth said, leaving Harrison little time to change course once McCoy quickly fired a short pass.

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/12/14/was-n-f-l-s-suspension-of-james-harrison-the-right-call/?ref=sports

http://www.cbs.com/sports/video/?pid=jh1xJGWlXqEP2G_cm6_gJh1OckkDTok8&vs=homepage&play=true

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_mUtflHxiE48/S0KHHeA-kQI/AAAAAAAAAgE/MU8sdVh-fqM/s400/surprised-face.jpg

ricardisimo
12-14-2011, 12:23 PM
And I'll say it yet again: Pat Shurmur put Colt McCoy in far greater danger than James Harrison ever did. Will he get suspended? Don't hold your breath.

Cleveland Browns president Mike Holmgren says quarterback Colt McCoy was not checked for a concussion while he was on the sideline after a helmet-to-helmet hit by Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison.

"Was Colt examined on the sideline? No, he was not," Holmgren said in a wide-ranging news conference Wednesday during which he maintained the team followed proper protocol.

Holmgren said Browns trainers did not see the hit and did not realize the impact because they were treating other injured players.

Holmgren said the team's medical staff, which he called "the best in the NFL," felt McCoy was "lucid and talking" when they treated him on the field. He said trainer Joe Sheehan told coach Pat Shurmur McCoy "was good to go."

Holmgren said McCoy did not show any concussion-like symptoms until well after the game. He said McCoy was tested for a concussion in the locker room by one of the team's doctors before returning to Cleveland.

Holmgren also clarified that the team had spoken with Brad McCoy, Colt's father, who was outspoken following the loss to the Steelers.

"We want to be, and we have been, and we will continue to be, at the forefront of good medicine," Holmgren said.

McCoy was sent home with a headache Wednesday and Holmgren said the team is following protocol to treat him. Holmgren was involved in the meetings on Tuesday with members of the NFL's medical staff and union members.

Holmgren took exception to the idea that it's just another frustrating chapter for a team that's appeared in only one playoff game since returning to the league in 1999.

"Another irritant to me? 'It's business as usual around the Cleveland Browns' ... It's not."

soulkitchen
12-14-2011, 12:38 PM
I'll tell you why he wasn't checked for a concussion. He didn't have one in my opinion. The force that sent him to the ground was mainly Harrison's arm push. The flag is warranted in today's nfl, any fine or suspension is ludicrous.

i82much
12-14-2011, 12:54 PM
A final thought on the great Steelers posters here arguing with Ratbird fans. What's the point, they only come here to troll when there is controversy against us to stir shit up. They simply aren't the effort. Ignore them and maybe they will go away.

C'mon man. There's a difference between a little ribbing from an opposing team's fans and just straight out douchebaggery. I mean hey, our team was dumb enough to cut the guy, seems only reasonable for us to be pleased that he's apparently not going to play in what is probably the last regular season game you guys have a realistic shot at losing.

Is it really that bad to come on here and make the point that, yeah, the NFL is getting ridiculous, but for crying out loud, shouldn't Harrison have seen this coming and changed at *least* his attitude if not the way he plays? I mean really I think this goes back to how the way you conduct yourself can come back to haunt you.

And say what you will about Ray Lewis - if anything, Harrison should learn a little something from the guy about how to rehabilitate your image to stop from hurting your team. You are right - Ray has plenty of fines for hits, but the way he has carried himself since the Atlanta incident has a lot to do with why he hasn't been suspended.

ricardisimo
12-14-2011, 01:22 PM
I'll tell you why he wasn't checked for a concussion. He didn't have one in my opinion. The force that sent him to the ground was mainly Harrison's arm push. The flag is warranted in today's nfl, any fine or suspension is ludicrous.
Huh? Fortunately for NFL players, your opinion doesn't matter. It's the doctors' opinions that matter, and Colt McCoy did indeed suffer a concussion (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d824ee285/article/report-review-finds-blatant-system-failure-in-mccoy-case) on that play.

SteelCityMom
12-14-2011, 01:22 PM
C'mon man. There's a difference between a little ribbing from an opposing team's fans and just straight out douchebaggery. I mean hey, our team was dumb enough to cut the guy, seems only reasonable for us to be pleased that he's apparently not going to play in what is probably the last regular season game you guys have a realistic shot at losing.

Is it really that bad to come on here and make the point that, yeah, the NFL is getting ridiculous, but for crying out loud, shouldn't Harrison have seen this coming and changed at *least* his attitude if not the way he plays? I mean really I think this goes back to how the way you conduct yourself can come back to haunt you.

And say what you will about Ray Lewis - if anything, Harrison should learn a little something from the guy about how to rehabilitate your image to stop from hurting your team. You are right - Ray has plenty of fines for hits, but the way he has carried himself since the Atlanta incident has a lot to do with why he hasn't been suspended.

I agree with you for the most part. And other Steelers fans can hate me as much as they want. :chuckle:

I've kept mostly quiet on the situation so far, because I wasn't really sure where I stood on it all.

Bottom line for me right now though is that I don't agree with the suspension in terms of the hit as well as a couple of the hits he was fined for last season...but as you mentioned, I think it's his attitude that has made him the poster boy for illegal hits.

Based on quotes from both Harrison and Lewis after they've been fined, they both pretty much say the same thing in that they aren't going to let a fine stop them from playing the hard hitting football that they've always played. Harrison has gone out of his way though to trash Goodell and the league, and he's have to be stupid to think that wouldn't make him more of a target. Maybe it shouldn't, but it does. The same way it made Cooke a target when he basically said the same things (if you even know the reference to the Penguins and his suspensions).

I've complained for a long time about the fact that fines aren't going to get any player to change how they play the game. Only when they truly impact the team on a large scale will it matter (or it should matter).

I don't agree with the rule changes, and like many others, I'd like to see it implemented more fairly across the board (if it was I'd be more apt to agree that the ruling was fair). Harrison should have kept his mouth shut though. At least for the time being. All it does right now is cause more trouble with the team and with himself.

DoctorCAD
12-14-2011, 02:07 PM
Do any of you think that a hockey-like penalty box would work.

How about 15 yards and you sit out 4 or more plays. That would hurt your team enough to warrant a change in behavior, maybe?

i82much
12-14-2011, 02:31 PM
I agree with you for the most part. And other Steelers fans can hate me as much as they want. :chuckle:

I've kept mostly quiet on the situation so far, because I wasn't really sure where I stood on it all.

Bottom line for me right now though is that I don't agree with the suspension in terms of the hit as well as a couple of the hits he was fined for last season...but as you mentioned, I think it's his attitude that has made him the poster boy for illegal hits.

Based on quotes from both Harrison and Lewis after they've been fined, they both pretty much say the same thing in that they aren't going to let a fine stop them from playing the hard hitting football that they've always played. Harrison has gone out of his way though to trash Goodell and the league, and he's have to be stupid to think that wouldn't make him more of a target. Maybe it shouldn't, but it does. The same way it made Cooke a target when he basically said the same things (if you even know the reference to the Penguins and his suspensions).

I've complained for a long time about the fact that fines aren't going to get any player to change how they play the game. Only when they truly impact the team on a large scale will it matter (or it should matter).

I don't agree with the rule changes, and like many others, I'd like to see it implemented more fairly across the board (if it was I'd be more apt to agree that the ruling was fair). Harrison should have kept his mouth shut though. At least for the time being. All it does right now is cause more trouble with the team and with himself.

I do think we'll see a few more suspensions to get the message across. It was probably not an accident that Harrison got it first. And for everyone dumping on Tomlin for not sticking up for his guy, he is just doing damage control and trying to mitigate his losses. If Tomlin gets frisky he is just putting himself in a situation where the NFL is going to want to send another message. That's the last thing he wants to do with 3 weeks left in the season.

ricardisimo
12-14-2011, 02:32 PM
Do any of you think that a hockey-like penalty box would work.

How about 15 yards and you sit out 4 or more plays. That would hurt your team enough to warrant a change in behavior, maybe?
I think that getting rid of the helmets would work. Most defenders will tell you that they view their helmet as one of their primary weapons. So, take that weapon away.

Short of that (and of course, it ain't gonna happen) the league could make any and all helmet-to-helmet hits illegal, with no exceptions, fifteen yards and a first down every time. Fines and penalties should be restricted to players intentionally trying to hurt one another in any way, shape or form.

soulkitchen
12-14-2011, 03:12 PM
Huh? Fortunately for NFL players, your opinion doesn't matter. It's the doctors' opinions that matter, and Colt McCoy did indeed suffer a concussion (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d824ee285/article/report-review-finds-blatant-system-failure-in-mccoy-case) on that play.

Yep. That is the company line now. It had to be about 1 minute after the game ended.

ricardisimo
12-14-2011, 03:48 PM
Yep. That is the company line now. It had to be about 1 minute after the game ended.
To which company would you be referring?

Atlanta Dan
12-14-2011, 08:18 PM
Who put McCoy in greater danger: James Harrison or Pat Shurmur?

My vote goes to the Browns medical staff

Mike Holmgren, the president of the Cleveland Browns, said Wednesday that quarterback Colt McCoy was not tested for a concussion after taking a hit to the head during a game last week, in part because the medical staff was tending to other players and did not see the play. :jawdrop:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/15/sports/football/browns-didnt-give-mccoy-concussion-test-because-they-didnt-see-hit.html?ref=sports

Unbelievable until you remember it is the Browns we are talking about here - no surprise nobody told the team doc McCoy was on the sideline because Harrison decapitated him - instead they treated McCoy's complaint about his hand being injured:mad:

Kanata-Steeler
12-15-2011, 08:26 AM
I say, SUSPEND the coach and the examining Doctor of the Brown's, for putting Colt back in the game.
-cool sounding name though, "Colt McKoy" that's not his real name btw all, that's just his "acting" Hollywood name.
Anyone know his real name ?
:)

Steel Peon
12-15-2011, 02:16 PM
Hey, does anyone think this suspension will encourage players to act more hurt after a tackle than they really are? I do.

Hell, if I were a receiver I'd intentionally try to make contact with the defender's helmet, then fall to the ground all dazed..........why not? And maybe just to be a dick, I'd jump up all happy and celebrating after the hanky flies, just like Tom Brady.

ricardisimo
12-15-2011, 03:24 PM
I say, SUSPEND the coach and the examining Doctor of the Brown's, for putting Colt back in the game.
-cool sounding name though, "Colt McKoy" that's not his real name btw all, that's just his "acting" Hollywood name.
Anyone know his real name ?
:)
Daniel.